• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Avatar (AU discussion)

How many Rpers should there be before I make a thread?

• 3-5

• 5-8

• 8+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Water, Earth, Fire, Air only the avatar can master all four elements. When Avatar Aang died, the world waited for the next avatar, but they never came. It has been over 500 years since and the four nations have fallen apart into war. Nobody knows how the war started, rumours say that the fire nation fell into old ways, others say it was the earth kingdom. All benders are sent to war, those who don' make the cut are forced to work in the fields. Those who don't join the war, are sentenced to death.

You are secrete bender, you practice in secrete , nobody knows that you can bend. You keep this a secrete so that you don't get drafted to war. One day you travel to the Gaoling in the earth kingdom. Over there you see someone you suspect to be the avatar.

(I will not be the avatar)

Rules-
-Follow pokecharms rules *dramatic music plays*
- Romance is allowed
- Violence is allowed
- Only one avatar
- sub bending arts do exist ( metal bending, and lightning bending)
-Your character is not a master at the moment, so no lightning techniques at the start.

Name:
Nation: ( If you are the avatar, state which nation you are from)
Appearance:
Personality:
Weapon (no guns)
Bending skill: (1 being barely able to use it and 10 being a master of it)
Background:

Air nomads:
-Winston Brezen (@Gamingfan )

Fire nation:
-Hayato Fenikkusu (@Schrift007 )

Water tribe:
-Xaraia Catonia (@Night's Shadow )
-Fukushimi Nayato (@Pinch )

Earth kingdom:
Maru Fo-lin (@EnviousWorm )

-Ruby Cyra (@BartenderReaper )

Name: Hayato Fenikkusu

Nation: Fire

Appearance: He is 5'9, weighing in around 120lbs. He has dark brown messy hair and his eyes are a menacing brown. His body is frail and skinny and he does not have much muscle. On the outside he looks like a skeleton. He wears a hooded vest and his trousers are baggy. He is often seen with a pouch filled with valuables.

Personality: He is a thief to the heart, at most times he can be dishonest and childish, but he has the skills to back up with his behaviour. He finds it hard to trust people, but those he does trust, he will protect. He can sometimes explode and get angry for no good reason, this had led to some times were he gets into a fight.

Weapon:He carries a metal bo staff and a pair of tanto.

Bending skill: 3. He can make fire, but not enough to kill someone

Background: He was raised on the fields in the fire nation, often fishing or helping grow crops. His parents tried to hide the fact that he was a fire bender, but when he set a hay bale on fire, there was warrant out for his head. His parents tried to help him escape to another nation, but only his mother made it. He grew up there learning to steal and became pretty talented at stealing.

Tags: @Gamingfan @Merciless Medic @Killerbunny the god @Keen Kitsune @Night's Shadow

tag anyone you think will be interested.

Last edited:
Do you have netflix? It's on that.
I don't. I could afford it, if i cut down on other things. But the problem is actually cutting down on other things. I might join either way. But seeing as i'm already in two rps, i may not have enough time.

I haven't either. I only knew it's general concept and things from death battle, but I'll put my bio in soon
I didn't know you also watched Death Battle! I hope you know that it's not exactly accurate. Obi Wan shouldn't actually stand a chance against Kakashi for example, and yet they made him win. I love Obi Wan, more than i love Kakashi, but he doesn't stand a chance

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Yeah okay, forget everything I’ve said about not having enough time. I. NEED. THIS.

Name: Xaraia (pronounced za-RIE-uh) Catonia
Nation: Water
Appearance: Long black hair hangs down to her knees when it isn’t tied up. Normally set in twin braids she wraps around her head like a crown. About 5’ 3” and less than eighty pounds. Tan skin and dark, sunken black eyes. She wears a light blue and white crop top over an offset blue and white skirt. A deep blue cloak with a blue topaz set in it hangs around her shoulders, concealing everything below her neck. It has a hood that she puts up when she wants to hide her face. Has a beaded headpiece that has another teardrop-shaped blue topaz dangling in front of her forehead.
Personality: Hard to explain. Changes frequently. But to put it plainly: loyal. She is incredibly loyal and fearless, refusing to run in the face of danger in order to protect those close to her. Tough as nails, but flexible and unpredictable in both battle strategy and tactics.
Weapon: Has a vast variety of throwing weapons in hidden pockets in her cloak. (Like Mei or Mai or however the heck you spell Zuko’s girlfriend’s name)
Bending skill: On actual water: about a 3. On ice, vapor, and healing: about an 8. Not the best at bending physical water itself, but is strangely skilled at bending ice and vapor, as well as water in plants. Currently attempting to teach herself bloodbending, but it isn’t really going anywhere. Has the healing ability that sometimes surfaces in waterbenders.
Background: Xaraia’s parents were runaways who lived in the South Pole. They never had any waterbenders in their family, so she was strange; an anomaly. She ran away from her parents, actually wanting to join the war, but when she came to where the village used to be, it was gone. It had been obliterated. Now she searches for the mainland where she can fight for her people.

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Name: Winston Brezen
Nation: Air
Appearance:Winston has light skin, true sapphire blue eyes, and messy brown hair that seemed to change whenever he uses his airbending skills. He wears a long, black vest, light blue shirt, and leather trousers.
Personality: Winston, growing with the peaceful Air nation, has a strong moral code and prefers peaceful solutions to problems. While he is up for a little spar every now and then to hone his skills, he avoids fighting unless absolutely necessary, and even then will never try to kill anyone. Otherwise, he's got a sharp-tongue that does not fit his peaceful nature and a mostly friendly, judge-free attitude.
Weapon: While he has no weapons, he likes to use the environment to his advantage, such as using rocks as ammo for an air funnel.
Bending skill: 8. He's one of the more skilled benders of his nation, and has come up with unique forms of bending abilities, such as making semi-solid figures out of air or his most dangerous skill, to both him and his victim, the sonicboom.
Background: He had a normal life the Air nation, or at least before the war started. Although his nation was the last one to go to war, they started training as to prepare long before actually joining. His parents had already agreed to send him to the war, but before they could, he ended up knocking himself out practicing the Sonicboom. He woke up three days later, after everyone was already sent to the war. He was confused, until his family explained that he was supposed to be in the war as well. Feeling betrayed by his previously peaceful nation, Winston ran from home.

Err, this good? Is my noobness at Avatar showing?

I'm tempted to make a bio for this, but...
1: In a lot of RPs already so I'm on the fence on juggling another.
2: I have never watched Avatar; It looks good, but I've never really given it a second glance.

Ok after this one I’ve gotta stop joining RP’s lol, I’ve never watched Avatar besides certain episodes years ago when it aired on Nickelodeon.

Name: Fukushimi Nayato
Nation: Water Tribe
Appearance: Standing at 5’9, Fukushimi has the black hair and blue eyes typical of his people, with his hair being pretty short, but messy and unkempt. He likes to wear a brown leather tunic over a white shirt with some blue accents on the sleeves and torso, and black pants with brown shoes. He also has a blue scarf, identical in color to the accents on his shirt, that he wears around his neck.
Personality: Although normally a fairly docile, friendly, well-mannered, and easygoing person, Fukushimi gets pretty loud with people he’s friends with, and overtime will become less and less soft-spoken the more he gets to know someone. He can be particularly nasty to people who annoy him or try to fight him.
Weapon: He prefers to use weapons he can create with his bending, though when that fails him he has a more permanent schimitar that he uses.
Bending skill: Around a 7, he’s slightly above average at waterbending but it’s nothing to hit home about, he’s particularly good at transforming ice into functional weapons, and has trained using spears, swords and shields made of ice.
Background: Fukushimi grew up in a village not far off the South Pole Tribes capital, his childhood was fairly normal and nothing particularly stood out. One day when he was 15 however, a Fire Nation assault on his village devastated it, wiping almost everyone inhabiting it out, he managed to escape but lost track of his friends and family in the chaos. Now possibly the only surviving citizen of his village, Fukushimi wanders the world in search of revenge on the Fire Nation.

Last edited:

NDB

Previously BartenderReaper
I’m in the process of making my character. Is it okay if my character can be the avatar?

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
I’m in the process of making my character. Is it okay if my character can be the avatar?
Yes that's completely fine.

Y'know what, interesting as it may be, I don't think I'll join; there's way more stuff about it to dig through than I thought.
We are not including the legend of kora, since that's a whole other story, but if you still don't want to join I'm fine with that.

NDB

Name: Ruby Cyra

Nation: Avatar/Fire Nation

Appearance: Ruby has a tomboyish appearance, with short choppy black hair. Her eyes at a dark hazel color and she has tanned skin from working out in the fields on her family’s land. She wears a red shirt and dark brown pants and brown leather shoes.

Personality: Ruby is usually quick-witted, coming up with witty or snarky remarks. She sometimes argues over the most menial things and always wants to have the last word. Ruby refuses to back down and thinks force can get anything done.

Weapon: Scimitar, which she can use in conjunction with her bending.

Bending skill:

Fire Bending (7) - Ruby can efficiently and effectively create fire for attacks and defense, from her hands and feet, as well as with weapons.

Air Bending (2) - She can create a small breeze, though people would just contribute it to the weather instead of her.

Water and Earth (0) - She has no experience with water or earth bending.

Background: Ruby was born on one of the smaller islands of the Fire Nation archipelago, the farthest from the capital. When she first showed signs of bending, her parents wanted to keep it secret as they had already sent her older brother off to the war at the orders of the Fire Lord. They didn’t want to send her as well. Her parents kept a close eye on her and hardly let her leave their home. When she wasn’t at school, she was either in the house studying or in the fields helping her parents. What her parents didn’t know was she was secretly practicing her fire bending at night or when they weren’t looking.

When Ruby was 12 years old, she was studying in her room, bored out of her mind. A fly was buzzing around her room and it was starting to irritate her. She eventually spotted and contemplated what to do. Instead of fire bending, as that was a bit overkill, she rolled up some paper and tried swatting it. She kept missing and the fly eventually perched itself on the ceiling, out of reach. Ruby kept swinging her paper roll at it in feeble attempts. One of her attempts however created a rather powerful gust of wind and blew the fly right out the window. Ruby was rather surprised and turned to her desk. She wound back her arm and swung at her desk. Again a gust of wind blew everything off her desk. She told her parents about what had happened and even showed them. Their faces paled as they told her she was probably the Avatar. If rumors got out about this, she would most certainly be taken from her home and forced to fight in the war.

A few days later, a Fire Nation general and a few soldiers came to their house. Ruby’s father had seen them walking up and told Ruby to hide. Her mother hid Ruby in a compartment under the floor of their house. One of the generals questioned her parents about Ruby but they refused to answer. Eventually they were arrested and taken away. The soldiers searched the house, but after a couple of hours of not finding anything, they left. Ruby waited until nightfall to leave her hiding spot. She packed a few things and hopped on a boat away from the Fire Nation.

Name: Maru Fo-lin
Nation: Earth Kingdom
Appearance: Maru is tall with broad shoulders, heavy legs and lean arms. His face is stone chiseled as though he bent it himself, with flaring eyes like brown flames. A scar runs from right eyebrow down to the end of his chin on the same side. Maru keeps his Earth Kingdom greens under a tattered brown cloak with matching riding boots.
Personality: Quiet, crass. Immovable as earth is to non-benders. Much of his life has been spent on the move, keeping secrets to whomever he speaks, so lies come easy and in place of implicit trust is suspicion and unease.
Weapon: a short Japanese-style tachi sword
Bending skill: Lvl. 5, maybe 6 Earthbender
Background: Born to two runaway Dai Li agents, Maru claims Omashu as a birthplace but didn't spent more than a month there as a child. Since, he's traveled the world - a year in the Cave of Two Lovers, a year and a half studying kendo in the fire nation.

The Dai Li caught up to them, however. The Dai Li always catch up. With a group of Sandbenders, they ambushed Maru and his family in the Si Wong Desert. His parents were killed in the fight and buried in the sand unceremoniously, and Maru was wounded and left for dead.

Taking pity, one of the Sandbenders cared for Maru and nursed him back to life. Maru, in turn, struck the Sandbender down out of rage and fled the Desert, delirious and hardly alive.

Forgotten about by the Dai Li, Maru assumed the name "Liai" and hid right under the Dai Li's nose in Ba Sing Se, opening a flower shop and studying kendo and bending under the shade of night.

Only sixteen and respected as a local florist, Maru was visited by a Dai Li agent named Grolae. Under information from the Sandbenders, Grolae became aware of Maru's survival and tracked him down uncomfortably close to home. Maru was commanded to stop practicing his bending for good, and live his life only as Liai. Otherwise, Grolae threatened to inform the authorities and have Maru drafted to war. Maru agreed, reluctantly. He lied.

A year later, Grolae returned with backup. He found Maru's shop empty, without a trace of the born-again bender. Maru traveled as far as he could without stopping, stopped to rest, and went on and on. Eventually, he made his way toward Gaoling, wary and hungry and tired, as he had lived most of his life thus far.

Last edited:

NDB

That’s something I need to figure out. It will be accidental and situational, but with my first post, I don’t want to mention It right away.

So with everyone kinda chasing down Hayato at the moment, how do we wanna go about this? Maru's more desperate to meet another bender/keep the crowd off of his back than fight him, but being that Maru already confronted Hayato about stealing, I don't know if Hayato would buy that.

And now that Fukushima (? Sorry I know it's one of the waterbenders but I'm on my phone and can't easily pull the other page up) is calling him out it things aren't looking particularly friendly.

Maybe some sort of bender-off interruptee by a rabid crowd/Avatar-ex-machina to save us/we all run from whoever's hunting down benders thing?

Yeah I guess a mob angry about benders would unite a small group of benders no matter how they feel about each other, personally. It just might be a good chance for Ruby to accidentally be exposed as Avatar, saving our butts haha

Edit:

My LORD does calling Fukushimi FukishMA really really change the name

NDB

I subtly had Ruby reveal her as from the Fire Nation. Just need to have her reveal her air bending. I’m thinking she has to blow something away to keep it from hitting her or someone. Any thoughts?

Xaraia could panic or get startled and throw one of her throwing weapons in your direction, which she could deflect back into Fukushimi’s ice wall with air bending.

Also I think we should close the RP soon, this seems like the kind of RP to do better with a permanent group of a small amount of people than one that continually keeps growing.

Last edited:

NDB

Just realized that none of us are earth benders. Which means that when Ruby needs to learn earth bending, we’ll have to come up with an NPC or something.