• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Aura's Scribbles and Artwork

... That was a long post...

Anyway, your pictures look great (as always!) Aura! I especially like the top one, as it has that black-purpleish "theme" that is so typical for you. The picture might as well say "Aura" everywhere. Keep it up!

O:

Flying, flaming purple wings? Sweet! I think it suits the first picture to have slightly messy coloring, as it seems to have a rather free feeling to it.

The second one is pretty chibi-ish, yet anime-ish at the same time. I like it. Is that a crocheted shawl on her head? I like the texture.

*breathes* No... that's not... a shawl on her head. Its... just there to add some... shadow... to show that it's further... away... *breathes* Ok, I'm right now.

You're probably wondering why I was slightly out of breath there. Well it's because sometimes when I'm drawing I'll go into a frenzy. This was one of those pictures.

The citizens of Violet City were holding a meeting. They needed to do something about the... thing... that was haunting their streets. This thing was causing mass panic, destruction and slaughter wherever it went. It was said to have blood red eyes that could freeze you in your tracks. It was said that it lived on blood, drinking it to sustain its life-force. It was said that it was half wolf, half human, and that I could use attacks that could topple even the most powerful Pokemon. It was said that not even Arceus could destroy it. Of course, these rumors had been exaggerated, but not by much.

Most people wanted to hunt it down. Some wanted it to be captured and studied. Some didn't care, as long as they were safe again. In the end, killing it was agreed on.

The people of Violet City then went to their homes or wherever they were staying, to gather knives, firearms, Pokemon... anything that could do some damage. All except one man gathered in front of the Town Hall, ready to hear the plan.

The one man who didn't go to the Town Hall, headed towards the dump, where it was said to be hiding. He walked in, holding a Pokeball in front of him at the ready. He called out to it, trying to catch its attention from wherever it was hidden. From somewhere to his left, there was a rustle, a metallic sound, a growl. Two glowing red eyes appeared out of the gloom, crazed and insane. Then it emerged.

It was crouched on all fours, yet looks like a human girl except for the ears, claws, the sharp teeth, the tail and the aura of animal instinct, mixed with human intelligence. Its hair was blue, but darkened to black at the tips. It's skin was golden brown, making seem exotic.

It let out a cry, having seen the man and created a huge ball of rolling energy, which it shot directly at the man. He smiled, and released the Pokemon inside the ball he was holding. A flash of white light which took a serpent form appeared and then turned into a Onix. The Rock Serpent Pokemon was hit by the energy ball, and collapsed. Dead. The man ducked behind the Onix, not caring for its life.
"If you are here to kill me," a voice that sounded like a young girl said quietly, "then go ahead. I have nothing to live for. I admit that what I did was wrong, killing those people, destroying those things. But you must understand, the pain drove me insane!"
The man quickly realized that it was speaking, and it wasn't an it, but a she.
"So, you blame the pain for making you do this? And what pain?"
"The pain that has been coursing though my body ever since it changed. Don't ask me how it happened, for I don't know. But ever since then, I've been treated differently. Everyone hates me! All I want is what I had! Just to be accepted! I'm only a riolu!"
"You're not a riolu. I believe you're a hybrid. Such things as you should be treasured not dissed. The world has treated you unfairly."

And the man begun to inflame the hybrid against those who were disgusted at her, until she howled in rage and began to cry.
"Why!? WHY!?!" she howled.
"We both have been treated unfairly by this world and it's people. Some would argue that life isn't fair, but they also say that everyone should get an equal chance at everything. Well, where's our chance? No one will be kind enough to us to allow us to have it, just because we are different. So, I ask you to come with me. We can make these beings pay for our treatment."
The girl hybrid nodded once, a sharp movement, not unlike a bird.

The man looked into the girl's eyes, observed her sharp claws, lean body covered in muscle. He saw power in her and knew that she could help him get back at those who had hated him for his talents. He held out his hand, and the girl placed one claw in it. He smiled, then begun to sing.

It was a sort of horrible song, the one's you believe would only exist in a place like hell. It sent shivers down the man's spine as he sung, but also made him feel powerful.

There was a huge thud, the sound of a huge wing. A Salamence flew towards the two. It seemed to have no pupils, no soul.
"Come." The man said as he climbed on.
The girl followed, causing shallow wounds on the dragons hide. The man went rigid, then relaxed as the Salamence took off into the night.

The people of Violet City ran into the dump, screaming and shouting as one. They tore down every pile, looked in every hole, but were unable to find it. So they believed it had gone, scared off by their cries. And so they rejoiced, unknowing that they would soon meet their ends by the mutant's paw.

Yeah. I came up with an idea of what I should be on 'charms. The writing? I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I love your Riolu mutant and how well thought out her backstory. In a wierd way, she's actually pretty cute.

I have to ask though, was that Markl who adopted her? What he said reminded me of that psychopath.

That was epic! And it was Markl! Those were my first reactions. Both popped up quite simultaneously. :D But that was extremely good material for a fanfic/rp.

But which one?

Okay, small Images this time. I'll start with the most simple...

Basically, I drew a Charmander on paint for reasons I'm not entirely sure of, and shaded it. Simple. (1)

But then I thought I could make it appear more blended if I blured it on Gimp. (3)

While doing so, I discovered an interesting tool called the dodge/burn tool, and went a bit psycho using it... (2)

Personally, I like my psycho one the most.

Psycho Monkey

Teh cuteness!! Your Charmanders are so freaking kyut! The designing and the shading are just amazing. Great job Aura!

I especially love how you named the middle one after me ;)

What I do for shading on GIMP is I get the soft circle brush, and on a new layer shade the relevant edges white or black.

Then I Gaussian Blur it by about 30, and set it on Overlay or Soft Light. Try that next time you're doing these, which by the way are awesome :o

Heh, I like Riolu Girl. I like her crazy expression, the total awesomeness of her claws, and her ears! The ears are so cute, just like a kitten's.

A murderous kitten's, lol.

The slight messiness of it suits the backstory. I must find out how she turned into a hybrid. Was she genetically manipulated, or something?

Psycho: Well it's a good describing word!

Lon: Thanks, I'll try that!

Secad: I don't actually know. You'll have to ask Shocari about that.

If it was up to me, I'd make it a DNA thing.

Let me start off by saying that the art you've most recently have posted up have a lot of action in them, and it's always good to see that!
I love the Charmander picture, it's just really cute and well done; colors are vibrant, lines art smooth, ect. But I must warn you, dodge and burn tools are a big nono unless you are experienced at using them.
It's good that you experimented and all, but dodge and burn can make for horrible shading and highlighting at times. (it's better coloring the shades and stuff using separate colors.)
But other than that I must say great art and I hope to see more soon! 8D

I'll keep that in mind.

I think it's rather obvious what this is but just in case I didn't make it that obvious... it's a Dragonite. Or at least how I would draw one.

Psycho Monkey

That sexy thing is a Dragonite!? Epic!

I would suggest having more contrast between the feet as they look like one giant mass. I actually had to take a double take to try and find the other foot :p

You could prbably compete with Stel in the realistic looking Pokemon department.

You could probably compete with Stel in the realistic looking Pokemon department.
I wouldn't say compete, because I'd argue the pair have two totally different art styles.

However, both are amazing, especially this Dragonite. Classic piece of work Aura. :)

Just :o

Okay, I can't keep quiet! This Dragonite is amazing! I love how it almost looks like what a real dragong would look like, not like a cartoon character!

Hee, hee, it's still nice and pudgy, though. Cute. :)

I went onto Gimp to do exactly what Lon said to my Charmander. Unfortunetly, I don't know where to find Overlay or Soft Light, so I couldn't finish it... and made these instead...

A dreamland thingy...

And Diagla...

I went onto Gimp to do exactly what Lon said to my Charmander. Unfortunetly, I don't know where to find Overlay or Soft Light, so I couldn't finish it... and made these instead...

I hope this helps some, its in this menu:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x290/LoN_Colossus/overlaylocation.png

And I -love- that Dialga image you've got there. It's really eye-catching, with all the smooth colours and the curly lines :D

:o

... Dragonite... epicness.... *faints from high overdose of epicness*

That is awesome. I ran out of vocabulary long ago, so I can just say that it's magnificent and the most beautifully drawn dragon I have ever seen. Way. To. Go.

(Loved the charmanders and sigs too!)

Ehehe... thanks Lon.

And strangely enough, that Dialga one took about... 10 minutes? Ok, it probably took longer than that, but it didn't take long.

And haha! I made someone faint! *helps Chainsawking up*

O_o

I agree with Chainsaw. I will die if I see too many more of these awesome, psychedelic sigs.

This first one makes me feel like I'm experiencing side effects from some meds, even though I take nothing. You got the whole dream thing perfectly.

All I can really say for the second one is 'Ooooh, rainbow...'

Okay, now I've SERIOUSLY run out of my vocabulary! It's not fun anymore! (yes it is) That is just too... *tries hard to think of another word than "epic"* ...awesome? Yeah, that'll have to do. That is just too awesome. :D

Oh god. Was my scanner out for so long that I got onto the second page?!

No one answer that.

A failed attempt at drawing a Cyborg. Oh well. I managed to draw one anyway... You'll see that later... (I've drawn a few pic's in my Scanner unavability.)

All of you who chose Diamond over Pearl because you thought Diagla was epicer that Palkia, I suggest you run. Now.

Psycho Monkey

Holy shit! :o

You go girl! Your cyborg is pretty and very well drawn. You are probably you're own harshest critic. Palkia is the reason for my first comment, it is just that spectacular.

I decided to use my Chainzor for an experiment. *feels awesome* I know it can't hold a candle to a lot of works here, but I'm pleased with it anyway.

Yah, I said I had drawn a mecha right? So here it is...

I love the lion, but I hate the cyborg... expecially her eyes... they really annoy the hell out of me... oh well.

Bitch with a firearm that looks like a water gun? So me... And can someone please remind me to remember to pencil all things in first before using pen? *glares at feet with imense hatred*

Psycho Monkey

Awesome art is awesome.

My favorite is psycho bitch simply for the angry fuck you look she has. The cyborgs are great too. I could easily see them riding into battle in a futuristic medieval conflict or what not.

:o (been using that smile too often) I can has insane chainsaw power!! Mohahahahaaa!!!

Which is a new way of telling you how awesomely crazy that Scizor is. ^^

Mecha lion + mecha girl = me likes! The lion just looks so... insane. I can imagine that being a transformer or something! (Yes, I know, I watch those movies too often...)

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
*proceeds to fangasm over every dragon you have ever drawn*

Dear lord, Aura. If I had known you were this awesome I would have peered my head in more often to have a look at what you have done. I freaking love your art now, especially when you draw up your version of the Dragon Pokemon.

You officially win worlds. Gold stars for you! :3

Mecha-lion is win. How does it still look semi-organic? Is it the mane? *drools*

Robo-lion= awesome win.

The lion's rider looks awesome, too, but the nose and forearms look a little off. I think the forearms are a little too long.

*studies picture*

Hmmm... you're right Secad... I needa watch out for that...

Well, we all knew this Riolu was coming...

*Aura glances at pictu- O.O*

Dammit... I failed...

No you didn't! I've looked at all of these pictures and they're all win. WIN! Not fail! I really like them, although emo Hello Kitty scares me. O_o I really like the bitch with the gun a lot, just because she looks so psychotic/murderish. Ohey, I made up a new word just for you. Murderish. :3

Hm. I don't know what to say about your latest picture. I mean sure, it is great, but the subliminal messages it sends me... Somehow I feel like I should run, yet I can't, as its beauty petrifies me. A well-made pic that both scares me and draws me in at the same time. Very good! (See, I wasn't out of my vocabulary after all! :) All it needed was a little effort ;))

Psycho Monkey

Puppy! :D *huggles puppy* *gets cut to shreads by the ginormously sharp claws*

And to keep this post from being spammish, that is awesome! It's a Riolu, and she's wearing a spiked collar, and she... *brain essplodes* Why can't I form tangable words? Why?

It's so kyut!

I'm baaaaccck!!!

*sees everyone flee*

Goddammit...

If the world was a village of 100 people, 0.5 of one man would be in the military.

Yeah, I kinda forgot about the rubber tool...

Other than forgeting to colour the ear (and Gimp takes eons to load...), I'm rather happy with this one!

Aura went fishing!

You blood thirsty hound! Look at that poor Milotic! You gutted it and all! You can see it's spine! I bet the poor thing didn't even get a chance to- *stomach growls* ... Are you... sure you can finish all of that?

Floating Leg-less Chibi-man with Gun and Dynamite is win. All I need to say. You can even keep him in a closet for when you need him as the 'negotiator'

To be honest, I didn't really like the second one. the toe claws are just a bit too long and scary to fit, how do you walk in those? And the spikes in the heels and chest, how do you sleep with those? Do you dig them into the ground so nobody can move you? The other two are still awesomesauce.