• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Attack of the Grimms (DISCUSION)

ROLEPLAY THREAD: https://pokecharms.com/threads/attack-of-the-grimms.20932/
Introduction:
In this RP you roleplay as pokemon, like mystery dungeon RPs. There are these monsters that are known as grimms that started appearing 60 years ago, only starting to be seriously dangerous 4 years ago. Over in the remains of the Kalos region (I choose Kalos because it got the widest variety of pokemon from there), there’s a small little Aron that makes a safe haven for pokemon. Places like those are scarce due to the recent reports of transforming grimm, that are able to transform into what looking pokemon and then destroy the entire place.

Grimm: The creature's origins come from the show RWBY, if you don’t know what they are, they are dark creatures that are attracted to negative emotions like fear and sadness. They come in many shapes and sizes, when… they tend to be big. The common ones tend to be giant wolfs, giant birds, and giant bears. Look up a pictures of grimms from RWBY if you want more detail. Their presence 60 years ago is the reason that human started to disappear leaving only pokemon. Some pokemon can become part grimm, going completely berserk, growing bigger, and parts of their body are grimm.

Map: In the camp there are two small caves used for sleeping quarters one for male and one for female, stone pillars around the camp, not making a complete wall. There a place in the “wall” where there an easy way to inside. Right outside the camp, there’s a freshwater pond (Yes, the same water that’s used as an item), A forest is in the distance where some pokemon live, northeast of the camp. There’s a mountain farther away that’s right about north from the camp, where other pokemon live, but far less than the forest for there are grimms roaming that place a lot. There’s a river that’s south of the camp, and a demolished city southeast.

Rules:

Pokemon: When summiting a pokemon, submit it with this… thingabob. No legendaries or mythical pokemon (Which includes those ultra beasts, come’n, they're practically legendaries)

PlayfulSinx47 can approve and disapprove of most characters. (She has no power over grimm pokemon)

Pokemon:
Name:
Abilities:
Moveset:
Other:

Items: All pokemon can have at least one item, but to have more, it got to make sense. Like a Flabebe carrying a Metal Coat. Items like potions and X-items are not allowed due to there being no humans. Common items to have are ones that pokemon in the wild tend to carry. No Z crystals or mega stones.

Age: Age makes no sense it the pokemon universe (for pokemon), so put age relative to humans.

Moveset: Keep the moveset limited to four moves, and that the pokemon can learn. During the time of the RP however, you can learn new moves but you have to replace an old one. You can have moves from past generations like Water gun or Bubble Beam on Dragonite, I’ll just wonder why. Nuzleaf can have Grass Whistle, btw.

Abilities: Only abilities that the pokemon can have, and this cannot change.

Grimm control: I’ll give people permission to play out as grimms that way I don’t have to do it all. Basic grimms will attack the place once and a while, so someone will need to play as them. You can ask for this status, but you must have knowledge about the grimm.

Current status for grimm control: Pine the Treecko, PlayfulShinx47, Lightning and sparklight.

Grimm pokemon: You can have a grimm disguised as a pokemon, but you got to:
  1. Put in the Other section that the pokemon is a grimm OR
  2. PM Pine the Treecko that this pokemon is a grimm.
Other: Please ask questions if you don’t understand. I’m not really good at explaining things so I perfectly understand if this giant block of text makes no sense.

Last edited:
Well, I better give my characters
Pokemon: Absol
Name: Nightfall
Item(s): Sharp Claw
Abilities: Super Luck
Moveset: Night Slash, Psyco Cut, Aerial Ace, and Double Kick
Other: Is Sunny's mother-figure.

Pokemon: Espeon
Name: Sunny
Item(s): Silk Scarf
Abilities: Synchronize
Moveset: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Protect, and Swift
Other: Lived with Nightfall all of her life.

Please add the Pokemon species to your bio. It will help with moves

The Aron that was mention in the Introdution

Pokemon: Aron
Name: Silver
Item(s): Metal Coat
Abilities: Study
Moveset: Metal Claw, Iron Defense, Rock Smash, Stone Edge
Other: He used to live in the mountain, inside a cave. Then he left to make a shelter for pokemon. He used Stone Ede to make the pilars around camp, and Metal Claw to dig out the dens. He brought some iron ore from the cave to eat, and constantly chews is Metal Coat.

I am already really busy with 6 RPs, plus social life, cleaning up my room, and my job. XD So uh... I won't be able to do this one, even though it is extremely interesting.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
I join mostly every RP I get called into (don't ask why), so, yes, I will join.

Pokémon: Munna
Name: Remmie
Items: Sitrus Berry and Psychic Gem
Ability: Forewarn
Moveset: Psybeam, Hypnosis, Zen Headbutt, and Dream Eater.
Other: Has distaste for the word 'thingabob'. Also, she can eat bad emotions out of Pokémon, protecting them from Grimms.

Pokémon: Elgyem
Name: Centauri
Item: A Mysterious Orb
Ability: Analytic
Moveset: Calm Mind, Recover, Thunderbolt, and Steel Wing.
Other: thingabob. He is allergic to Grimms, as his homeworld didn't have any.

Last edited:

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Pokemon: eevee

Name: Pixie

Item(s): none

Abilities: run away

Moveset: sand attack, baby doll eyes, tackle, helping hand.

Other: Pixie is still a very young eevee, she still cant talk normally except a few words. Pixie is a big magnet for the grimms, she is getting scared and terrified very easily.

Pokemon: sylveon

Name: Aura

Item(s): Soothe bell (wrapped around one of her ears)

Abilities: cute charm

Moveset: disarming voice, protect, heal bell, wish.

Other: Aura is very talented at calming others, she is very calm because of her item. She know how to take care of others in need and she used the word "sweetie" very often.

Last edited:

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
When i said that pixie cant talk normally i meant that she can only say her species name just like how humans hear her.

Last edited:

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
Pokemon: Abra
Name: Alex
Item: (does it need to have one)
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset: Teleport
Other: (I don’t know what to put here)

Pokemon: Mimikyu
Name: Eli
Item(s): Spell Tag
Abilities: Disguise
Moveset: Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Sneak, Thunder Wave, Light Screen
Other: Eli is young and energetic and is new to battling. His over eagerness often leads him to trouble, especially with the Grimm. Like any other Mimikyu, he becomes violent towards those who attempt to look under his rag.

Pokemon: Toxapex
Name: Sapphire
Item(s): Black Sludge
Abilities: Merciless
Moveset: Toxic Spikes, Liquidation, Baneful Bunker, Venoshock
Other: Sapphire is an veteran when it comes to battle. She spent the past few years fighting off the Grimm, though she is beginning to exit her prime. Now she spends most of her days providing support, only entering combat if needed,