• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Atlas Obscura

I found this neat little website called Atlas Obscura today. It features WEIRD STUFF and their real-life locations. My favorite article so far is the Sourtoe Cocktail, a real-life ritual from Dawson City, Canada. Personally I am gagging just reading about it.

What are your favorites after browsing? Do you guys know any weird places in your hometowns?

Well, my lil' hometown Ede here in The Netherlands has some weird objects. A statue that makes absolutely no sense, with all flashy colours and weird forms and patterns stands at the market plain. Must have been expensive, but it's quite meh.

There are more odd objects; like an aeroplane's wing planted in the ground as a memorial for the pilot of the first aeroplane to fly over Ede.

There isn't much weird stuff in my town of Milton, but for some reason there is an airplane in front of Milton High School. If you go a little further down on the school property, there is the anchor of an aircraft carrier. I have no idea why they are there, probably thanks for being helpful to someone, I don't know. Although, UFO's have been sighted here and there, so that's something.

There really isn't anything interesting near me :'( . But I do live on a Native American reservation, which I guess not many people say they do, so YAY for uniqueness!