• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed At the Mercy of Maiestas, the Corporate Region

The Role Play Thread can be found here.

Pokémon battles are a staple of humanity. For the longest time, Pokémon battle has been a sport for all. Of course, professional Pokémon battling is a much different beast.

Most every region has a league system of sorts, or some sort of replacement, such as the Colosseums of Orre. Of course, these in recent years have come under fire...Most professional trainers work their entire life to gain an esteemed position of Gym Leader or the even more vaulted Elite Four. Not to mention the role of Champion- only claimed by few. But when children begin ascending the ranks, questions began to pop up. Should children, no matter how skilled, be able to participate in such sport? The older generations said no. Some of the newer generation even agreed. How could it be so prestigious if a kid who happens to be good at Pokemon can do it anyways?

So, some professionals took it far enough to demand a league for experts- a challenge people would need to ascend, and truly be great at to succeed. But no league was brave enough to try and make something too hard. It was very much a sport that had easily defined generations. They couldn’t just abolish the age regulations of eleven years.

But some very rich people in lofty positions noticed this...And a plot stirred in their minds.

A large region with many different environments and resources had been claimed by a large corporation with deep deep pockets. They called it Maiestas, for how lovely and grand the place was. Though in truth, it had a ecology that interfering with caused...bad things.

Constructions began almost immediately, brochures and ideas stirring. The idea was to make a glorious new region and league, refined and perfected. A system that was challenging but fair. But then you remind yourself...this is a corporation we are talking about.

And what more would a corp want than to drain every last penny you own?

So needless to say, Maiestas quickly has devolved into a mix of corporate entities desperately attempting to keep the growing riffraff of failed trainers and poorly paid employees in line, while still being a challenging and difficult league challenge.

And that’s not to mention the corruption that popped up in the now twenty years the challenge has been running- let’s cite the official rules for Pokemon battling here in Maiestas.

OFFICIAL POKEMON BATTLING RULES
  • All battles are to continue until a participant has no more capable* combatants.
  • The loser is to give 25% of all money on their person to the winner.
  • In the case this is a formal gym battle- the challenger must possess enough Pokemon to match the leader. E.g. if a leader has three Pokemon, the challenger must possess three. I.e. the challenger must have the same amount of Pokemon in their current team as the leader.
  • *Capable is determined by official assigned Judge. If no judge is present this is determined by the combatants owner.
These rules seem pretty clear cut...but then you realize that the official judge can be very, very harsh. Capable is pretty loose. Capable might be until the gosh darn thing dies! Or capable might be until it stumbles over once. Either way, a bribed judge might turn a blind eye...and then you realize the obvious corruption that could happen.

Well, not could. Since this is a pretty standard thing. The rich benefit themselves and those who play fair fall to wayside. The weak willed fall unless they cough up dough. But the strong willed persist.

Oh...uh, yeah. The corporations have also enforced many other things.

Poke-Marts have increased pricing on all goods. This is because they produced the goods, have a monopoly on it, and have no need to undercut or bargain. The clerks also may randomly charge extra, y’know, tips. Yeah, no reason. They just want to. I guess you can wait a day instead and hope someone different is on shift or just pay the tip. Either way, you lose.

Poke-Centers are possibly worse. While a free utility in other regions, Poke-Centers charge a “fee”. Not a large fee- often 50 to 100 P, but it’s a good amount when your not really liquid. Most Poke-Centers also have a bed, which is safer than a bench. Then again, they charge for this too- a far heftier 500 P.

Licensing fees. An official trainers license costs 1500 P. Once obtained, your trainer-ship in Maiestas begins!...With only 3000 P. There’s a limit. But don’t worry. Once you drain your assets and get three bad marks, there’s a whole slew of terrible corporate jobs to get!

Oh yes...Bad marks. Everytime a trainer fails a gym, you receive a bad mark on your trainer card. Three bad marks and you are out. Your license is officially voided. No license means you cannot participate in Pokemon battles. According to the rules, at the least. And definitely don’t get caught with Pokemon battling without a license- that’s a quick way to get your Pokemon taken. Yes, taken. What do they do with the taken Pokemon? Good question...No one knows.

Yes. This is a harsh place. Why not come and gamble? There’s plenty of things to fall back on here...such as Poke-Mart shelf stocker. Potion production line. Corporate enforcer if your good enough. Maybe you’ll get decent wages and maybe get out one day.

Maybe.

But...maybe it’s a new dawn. A new group of individuals shall rise. These people may be able to change the fate of this region. Bringing it into a new age.

Or sink it further into greed…

-----

Okay...as it stands this is the third remake of this type of RP, following Fortis and Mirai. Which is a proposed ultra hard region where the rich flourish, the poor flounder, and corruption runs rampant. Where a huge corporate entity rules a land, and basically everyone in it. They run a constant cycle of suffering, and penny and diming every last P out of one’s pocket. Those who overcome it are far and few between.

It’s a different type of Roleplay. The journey may be long and hard, but these hardships will change our characters for the better. Or worse. Whatever you choose.

I’ll admit- this is my first time throwing my dice into a journey roleplay, and Maiestas makes this even harder as a fan region, with little visuals to go off of. But I’ll try my hand at describing some towns and regions we’ll be visiting...In due time.

But let me lay down some ground rules.
  1. Please for the love of god use good grammar. Okay, that’s a little dramatic, but I’d really appreciate good grammar and punctuation.
  2. Also please try to make your post two paragraphs long at the least. Which is to say, ten sentences.
  3. I’d appreciate at least one post a week. I know we’ll sometimes get busy and need to tend to other stuff, so this is a less a rule and more of a loose request.
  4. Don’t have your character win everything. Or be an expert without trying. Losing leads to development- and development is important in a journey. Clearly everyone will lose now and then. But doesn’t that make the victory all the sweeter?
  5. In the same vein, keep things realistic. Obviously we won’t be winning the league with Froakies and Pikachus.
  6. Levels, In game stats and the such aren’t really considered. Well, loosely considered, but for the most part growth is seen in new strategies and the passing of time. As for moves, you can have more than four. You still have a main “four” to focus on, but you can hold additional moves, especially those that are pretty standard (Tackle, pound, etc)
As for other stuff involving characters.
Name:
(I’d prefer 16+. The whole point of this league is to be for an older audience.)
Appearance:
Personality:
Starter Pokemon:
(Preferably a base form Pokemon, but I’ll allow a Pokemon that doesn’t evolve as well.)
Backstory: (Just a summary.)

And finally, let’s get a look at a few of our locales here in the Maiestas region, hmm?

Primum Town, Port of Beginnings
True to its title, Primum town is where all trainers attempting the Maiestas challenge begin. But it’s only so pretty on the outside. Once you’ve registered, you’ll be heading out the gate to the Chittering Wood- given you’ve accumulated the proper supplies.

The Chittering Wood
When Primum was built, there was a prestigious amount of woods where it stand today. Nothing a little terraforming didn’t fix. Unfortunately, this caused most of the Pokemon living in said woods to accumulate in the remaining forest. This lack of resources quickly created a cutthroat society, where only the strongest Pokemon can live. As such, most of the Pokemon living in said woods either are part of a large pack, or exceptionally strong.

The woods gains it’s name from the sound in the evening- when a horde of Nincada and other bug type Pokemon gain their voices as they begin their hunts. As such, the wood is best travelled in the day- lest you get beset by a pack of hungry insects.

Common types here are Grass and Bug. Less common are Ghosts and Normal. But many different Pokemon live in this wood, so perhaps you’ll find whatever type it is you look for.

Idoll City, City of the Idol
This “city” is much less impressive than Primum, but also far less crowded. It’s name is gained from the large stone idol standing in front of the gym. As the first gym location trainers run into, Idoll is important for all attempting the Maiestas challenge.

Your gym battle is against Veronica, holder of the Equalizer Badge. She’s no pushover. Prepare for this battle well...or continue your journey to return later.

Seasalt Estuary
A swampy land ruined by local pollution and relocating Pokemon. While once prosperous, now it’s as hazardous at the Chittering wood. Though it does have a rather diverse biology- the brackish water brought in from the nearby sea makes sealife Pokemon common, the pollution attracting various poison types.

Common types here are Water and Poison. Less common are Bug and Dark.
These locations are the ones that matter most, as they are early stops on our journey (The first gym badge and the environments around it). But yeah, that’s everything important for now. I’m kind of doing this to gauge interest at the moment (Considering there’s not even a name for our big bad corporation :p) but I’m definitely invested in it.

If there’s any questions you have before making a bio or anything like that, feel free to ask. I’m sure I missed a few things in my summary anyways :p

Last edited:
Wow. I really like the idea, here. According to your introduction you're quite the writer too; I was wondering how long you expected our posts to be. Along that note, how many characters can one account posses? If we're typing essay responses, then I'll stick too one character- as well as if that's the limit. But otherwise, I typically make two characters.

Well, I'm really hoping for two paragraphs at the least. That's about tenish sentences, I'd say?

And yeah, I maaay have gotten carried away with the plot "summary". I definitely don't expect that length of post everytime, and even the two paragraph thing is just a loose guideline. I won't be counting every sentence you type down :p (Though if you have the capability for that type of post, I will certainly welcome it with open arms)

As for multiple characters, I think two isn't too crazy. It's honestly something I should've considered putting on my little rules in the first place. If the character is very minor and background filler, I'll allow three, but I mean...really background. Like, not actually part of these trainers who will make a change/break the system/etc etc..

Welp, I think I'm gonna start with just one character. I'll use this RP to practice my writing skill, so expect some big boy posts! :D Also that background ended up way longer than I expected and I was too lazy to type out a whole different one.

Name: Keon Shanahan

Appearance: Thin, silky hair had been growing out for just a tad too long. Reaching just below his ears, Keon's slick hair is hard to miss. A dark mulberry red coloring towards the roots slowly blend out to a brighter scarlet red shade, and his decorated with the occasional streak of a more blush-toned strand of hair which is all too pink to completely blend in with the rest of his head. Keon also sports smooth white skin, so pale it's hard to believe how much time the young male spends outside. Keon almost looks sickly aside from the light freckles that dust his features, gracing them from his ghostly coloring. The young man's build is small overall, standing just an inch or so short of average at 5'7, Keon is skinny. the type of skinny that's obvious he doesn't eat enough, but at the same time he probably couldn't beef up anymore no matter how much he ate. Keon's once attractive face, which radiated positive energy, is now glum and dull. He rarely sports a smile on his pale lips, and sunken eyes are so blue and hallow that they could look right through a person. Keon's outfit is typically an oversize t-shirt with some beaten up jeans, pair that with his usual shoes and an old baseball cap and you've got yourself a perfect portrait of Keon.
Personality: Keon is basically dead inside. He couldn't care less. Without enough money to escape the hell hole he's currently trapped in, Keon's ready to go with the flow until his death. The young male honestly couldn't care less about anything. On the rare occasion that he does have an opinion, it is expressed in some kind of cynical joke or riddle that he won't bother spelling out for you. Keon's not one for the act of partying or going out of one's way to have fun, he'd rather stay practical. Get things done as quick as possible with as little effort as possible, and avoid any situation that would involve later consequences. Keon typically sticks to himself, not that he's super reserved; but he tends to scare people when he tried to socialize; so he'd given up in total. Essentially, Keon is just human- that's his excuse towards himself for having emotion... but if you push the male's buttons to much he'll completely snap. It's not to hard to get all over th pent up emotions inside Keon to come exploding out. He also has a fear of heights :D.

Starter Pokemon:
Sheildon (Male; Arthur)

Backstory: Little doubt crossed Keon's mind as his small, abused shoe pressed it's print firmly into the moist land ahead of him. He didn't question what lay ahead, or think to look back because he may never see the ocean again. It was Keon's first time in the Maiestas region; at the ripe age of 11, Keon couldn't imagine a more perfect place for a kid like him.
Keon grew up in a pretty average family, loving; merry parents a couple of irrelevant siblings who grew up to fast for him to really bond with. He loved them all anyways. With enough income to get by, the boy was never hungry; but his shoes sported holes and his toothbrush was a couple years overdue for a changing. Ever the happy-go-lucky sport, Keon didn't mind that. He grew up following his older siblings footprints; on the path his parents carved for them; but stopped short at around the age of 10. Was this what he wanted? His parents, always joking and laughing... they were so content. They hadn't a lust for higher education or ambition of well being, they were perfectly content- and that's where Keon differed. The boy's mind raced with the eager will to push himself forward and his dreams flew high enough that he could hardly see them... and he soon knew that he wasn't going to get anywhere by staying still. Surely, his parents let Keon go... something about little birds having to leave the nest. Though he didn't exactly have the sort of money to go to Kanto or the Aloha Islands... he did have enough to send the excited boy, on a cargo ship, to the Maiestas region.
So at 11 years of age, Keon was ready to make a name for himself. He didn't look like the other people in the region, not at first at least. His old, dirty clothes were evident of the poor child's fate, but his brilliant smile shone among the gloominess of most the trainers in his wealth-class. The boy was always grinning, ear to ear. Even when someone pushed him over and stole the 20 pokedollars he had from his parents, and even when people called him names and beat him up; the boy kept on smiling. He had learned soon enough that he wasn't able to compete in the pokemon world, not until he was older. He didn't mind it, he got by with little jobs and chores around the yard. The boy, even smaller than others his age, was a regular for people who wanted to vent anger or just pick on a kid. He was a pushover. Plain and simple, Keon felt pure gratitude for being in such a place, he took grace even in getting punched and robbed.
It was all okay. Keon knew that one day things would turn, and it would all be okay. At age 13, Keon was rather well known in his part of the slums. Notorious for not being capable of and not even trying to defend himself, and being willing to do the nastiest of jobs. One random day Keon found a pokemon, not a rare occurrence considering where he lived. But the little guy he found was special; either his bright tinkling eyes or the determined way he said "growlithe", Keon knew the small fire type had to be his. It didn't take long for Keon to befriend the stay pokemon, the pair became inseparable rather quickly, and that meant the rumors began to spread. A good couple of months after Keon had befriended the dog-like creature, him and Growlithe were assigned a job. A prank, Keon would soon realize, and one he would never forgive. He was instructed to steal from a man; a fairly easy task. He was a middle aged man with some jewelry hanging out of his back pocket, how hard could that be? Accordingly, the man was guarded... heavily. 3 large ghost types collapsed on Keon as he reached towards the man, who was notorious for catching thieves in such a way. Keon struggled, he twisted and kicked; but it was too no avail. Soon enough, the police were alerted (police?). Springing into action, the growlithe unleashed a slight, but noticeable growl which caught the attention of the man. When the guards arrived, some words were exchanged between them and the man, inaudible muttering that Keon, now, knows exactly what it was about. With the slightof hand, some money was exchanged, and Keon was released. The boy was surprised, they were letting him go? They were, but not unscathed. With the sharp action of a kick, growlithe was sent rolling across the ground as the guard followed the injured pup and picked it up. Keon stood, shaking with rage but unable to do a damn thing.
The man left, and did the officer, and did Keon's best friend. The boy was broken. Why didn't he react? What just happened? How could someone be so cruel? He stood, questions racing as the life drained out of his eyes and his smile fell from his face. What a place he lived in. What a horrible place.

Wow, Keon looks great! Consider yourself in :D I should probably finish mine up too :p

I should probably make the whole police/enforcer thing more clear, for backgrounds sake. Because Maiestas is mostly run by a corporate conglomerate, it lacks much of a central government or any real "laws". That doesn't mean there are no rules or guidelines- when push comes to shove, corporate anarchy doesn't do well for business. Thus, the Enforcer program. A bunch of basically police officers, though technically more like security guards for a city. They make arrests, hold people down, law duty stuff. Some are good people, but most are easily swayed by a few extra bucks. So yeah, Maiestas does have a functioning police force.

Excited to have you on board, hopefully we can get a couple more here for the ride :)

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
Name: Neo Thornwood

Appearance:

Indigo/purple curly hair hidden by a navy beret sits atop his head like a mop. Neo has a fair complexion. He keeps his light blue hoodie with a pokeball design, though the hood is never used, and he always wears some form of sweatpants. He always wears the same pair of black sneakers with the shoestrings frayed. He carries a galaxy-themed backpack filled with all sorts of "necessities." Small freckles dot his face, and he has a small birthmark just above the center of his left hand. As much as he wants to be fit and skinny, Neo always is at least a little bit chubby.
Neo wears grey glasses with a blue charm that has been a family heirloom for generations. A necklace dotted with fire, water, ice, leaf, dawn, sun, and moon stone bits dangles around his neck, which he cleans daily. There is always some form of smudge/fingerprint/scratch on his glasses lenses, however. He wears a "charm bracelet" which will hold a charm of each Pokemon he adds to his party, though at the moment it is bare.

Personality: Neo is that one kid that is way too immature. But what he lacks for in maturity, he makes up for in knowledge. Through stress and effort, he has passed every test that he's taken, which surprises him to this day. He's fascinated by magic and fantasy, making Ghost and Dragon his favorite Pokemon types. He barely exercises, and keeps from being to fat by starving himself for a few days each month. He loves to perform, and while battling is his favorite thing to do, he enjoys entering in showcases whenever he passes by Lillycove City in Hoenn. He's loyal to his friends, and would never dream of breaking a law.

Starter Pokemon:
"Ari" (Swablu, Female)

Backstory:
Hailing from Lavaridge Town in Hoenn, Neo has always had a connection with Pokemon. He had a Skitty and Lillipup as childhood pets, which both evolved and sadly perished in the hot springs near his home. Egg-sitting is how he's make most of his money, as an old woman a few houses away has a bounty of eggs which just won't hatch! He's gone on many solo journeys across Hoenn, and gotten quite a few Contest Spectacular victories. Hoenn's not the only region he's been to, though. He brings a Pokedex that has been fully completed, thanks to his friends who go on journeys across all regions, except Maiestas.
Though there are many hot springs near his house, Neo has always hated water, especially since he almost drowned like his two pets did. He has barely matured, not going through puberty and only recently growing to 4' 9". When he first got to choose his partner Pokemon, his parents allowed him to travel to fly on his father's Pidgeot, where he caught Ari. The two are bonded, and can trust each other with anything. He later caught a Budew and Surskit, and the trio has been inseparable since. (This is only if we're allowed to have Pokemon that have grown.) As he journeys to Maiestas, he wonders if a smalltown boy like himself will be able to wothstand the rough conditions of this new region.

I have three trainer cards, each with a random sprite. This can represent whichever stage of growth you'd like Neo to have at the beginning of his journey.
trainercard-Neo.png trainercard-Neo 2.png trainercard-Neo 3.png

Last edited:
Hey, yet another good profile! That makes three of us now once I get around to finishing mine >.>. As for Neo's experience, while I'm not opposed to him being an experienced trainer so far, this changes a lot of perspective on Maiestas. He'd be an established trainer and would likely have a few connections, lowering the risk of being stranded in the pretty brutal region alone.

It's worth pointing out that the worse areas are the ones where people start off in- Primum, Idoll, and their surrounding environments. Other towns require passage through far harsher conditions which sometimes breeds better or worse conditions. Though the closer one gets to the Gym Badge 8/The League, everything seems a lot shinier on the outside. No better on the inside though. I still need to finish the last few locales on the map, but I probably won't post it all here for the simple fact it can quickly get overwhelming.

As for the Corporation, our everyday friendly megacorp is the Saffron Conglomerate. True to it's name, the Saffron Conglomerate hails out of Saffron City, Kanto. Previously known as Silph Co., Silph's nigh-monopoly on the Pokeball market allowed them to also snag monopolies in several other products. Soon moving into Potions, and then other care products, the company soon acquired a number of sub-companies and "Corporate treaties" that allowed them the connections to establish the Saffron Conglomerate. You'll be hard pressed to find anything not made by these guys in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh...Kalos has it's own industry with the local Pokeball factory, but other than that and a scarce few others, you can trace a brand or company back to this multi-billion (If not Trillion) P corporate behemoth. And of course, with such economic sway comes inevitable corruption. These sources basically allow them to get others to turn blind eyes to some of their...less than savory work. Ever heard of the Sevii Island Berry Farm Strike? Didn't end well for said strikers, and there's a reason you probably didn't hear about it in the first place. Not to mention the shady idea of stealing away Pokemon. Whatever Saffron is doing here in Maiestas is no good, even from the outside look.

Not to mention, Saffron basically allows criminal injustices as long as they get paid off. It's too costly to hunt down such a thing, so why not string together things to make it less of a problem? Of course, there's a lot of issues in letting organized crime run around.

Of course, gambling for fame and glory makes people do irrational things. Besides, why would Saffron let people know Maiestas is kind of garbage? Just more money in their pockets, no matter how inconsequential it may be in the long run. If the Shareholders are happy, their happy. And the thing is, the shareholders are very rarely happy.

I have returned! I have also not improved at making bios, but I'll give it a shot :p

Name: Maxine "Triple" Terreth

Appearance: Maxine has thick, yet short, unbrushed hair that is dyed a bright silver. His tanned skin contrasts with his bright grey glasses, which in turn cover bright green eyes. He tries to stay overall healthy, but is always a bit chubby- 'It's genetic, I swear!' He always has some neutral expression, and his eyes seem to never stay focused on a singular thing. The thing that sticks out most, however, is that his left middle and ring fingers are missing. Maxine's clothes all stick to a single, basic color scheme: shades of grey and white. He always wears the same basic black cargo pants and grey sneakers, but it is always accompanied by a different shirt every day. He does bear a small pin, an open eye with a small, purple corundum in the middle, that he always wears directly above his heart.

Personality: Maxine is a free spirit, always daydreaming, yet hyper aware when in a new situation. He always seems trapped in his own mind, playing out circumstances and possibilities. This is partially because he's quite anxious, scared of failure. He wants to live up to people's expectations for him, and will do anything to make sure he reaches said goal. His motivation can shift at the drop of a hat, however, because he tends to help others more than himself. He has a large love for Pokémon research, but still loves the thrill of battling. Basically, he's a contemplative mind who will step in for others before himself.

Starter: 'Mito' (Solosis, Female)

Backstory: Maxine was born with a genetic disorder: two of his fingers on his dominant hand were missing. Despite this, he was adventurous when young. He explored the forests outside of Nacrene City, making secret hideouts and playing pretend. He was friends specifically with a small Cottonee, which eventually migrated away. He also did as well; he went on a trip around Unova, where he met Mito. The two have been inseparable since, and they traveled the rest of the region together. The duo eventually traveled around Hoenn, not to gather badges or prestige, but to just experience everything. Now, he's set his eyes on his first challenge: The Maeistas region.

Last edited:
Oops. Perhaps put this off a bit too long. Maybe I took your advice too much :p

Name:
Arte Parris
Appearance: A decently tall person, Arte stands at 5’11”, with shaggy and long blond hair. His skin is somewhat tanned. His eyes are a shade of blue, and a single black earring dots one ear. His clothes don't scream formal- being a simple hoodie, plain shirt, and jeans. A pair of worn, brown boots. Lastly is his satchel bag- which he carries most all of his stuff in. Which is a disaster waiting to happen, honestly.
Personality: Though he seems a bit prickly, Arte’s not too bad under the surface. That being said, Arte has a habit of being very blunt and honest. There's no sugarcoating when dealing with Arte. He's got no qualms with other people calling him out on stuff like that either, Arte doesn't like to be a hypocrite.

If you pass his semi-prickliness and bluntness, Arte's a decently nice fellow. He's a bit awkward and can't emote well, but he tries his best to be supportive. He's prone to being loyal to what friends he can make (Because of his attitudes listed above, there's not many.) Another tidbit that is probably important- Arte's got a very good sense of finishing what he's started. He's a stubborn guy, and he's not gonna leave stuff undone. That would pick at him for the rest of his life.
Starter Pokemon: Sugar the Minccino
Backstory: Arte did not grow up poor or rich, as he lived in Unova with his remarkably normal family. He did not grow up in any sort of terrible situation, nor was he nurtured to be some all encompassing master of Pokemon. So what brought him to Maiestas? Maybe he finally wanted something to commit to. Something to finally spice his life. Even he seems to be rather curious as to why he'd attempt this challenge, with a Minccino no less. So what did he think he was going to achieve?

As said, he was never really defined by anything in his youth in Virbank City. But, perhaps he was. As a port town and adjacent to Pokestar Studios, he did see many different folk come in and out. Different faces coming and going from the two, towards Castelia on the horizon or out to the open ocean. Maybe he heard of Maiestas through word of mouth, and wanted to be like the people coming in and out of the port. Someone on a journey they intended to finish.

No matter what Arte thought as he made his decision, he's locked in now. He and his Minccino are going to get through the challenge or lose everything trying.

...I'm going to make sure I get that intro post up ASAP since I took so gosh darn long with this. And it's not even that good if I'm being honest :p

Don't worry about our impatient little selves. I mean, yeah I did get a little depressed when I thought that this RP was abandoned XD; but, I like your bio- and if it takes that long to make a masterpiece, then so be it. I'm excited to get rolling :D.
Also- because I will likely be too lazy to explain this in my formal introduction post of the RP; I'll go ahead and explain why Keon is just now starting his journey. So Keon's been living in the Maiestas region since for like 8 years now, and honestly he no longer had enough motivation to even try to get out. Yet, something hidden in Keon's dead little brain still yearns for the normal lifestyle he once had. Keon's basically living off of the food he makes by running errands for the others who inhabit the slums; he goes through life with his head down; he's a scrawny kid and picking a fight wouldn't bode well for him. Since Keon's first companion, he's never even liked looking at pokemon- but he still hears the rumors that one can lead a luxurious life of riches by completing the challenge of the Maeistas region and defeating all of the gyms.
If you're thinking that something sparked in Keon that motivated him to go and start his journey; that would be pitifully wrong. Keon was kicked out, of the homeless zone- so he was double homeless. It was more like everyone was kicked out, some stronger bunch men decided that they officially ran the few alleys that made up Keon's community- and they basically kicked out anyone who wasn't in their affinity circle. Keon, who wasn't in anyone's affinity circle, shrugged as he walked out of those slums that night and never returned. Keon met Arthur while wandering the streets- some physco lady was throwing pokemon at people like her life depended on it. "Take them! Go and change this region for the better! Defeat the corporation- go and save us!" lunatics like this were a normal thing to see along the road sides. But with nothing better to do; Keon took the small sheild pokemon and slumped towards Premium Town.

Hello! I am new to this site so hopefully that wont be an issue or anything! (I doubt it would but just letting you know ;o) Anyways, just thought i'd tell you that the Maiestas region is really peaking my interest. Seems really cool. Therefore i shall leave my character application here to see if she gets in :D

Edit: Added a hand drawn image of Krista to help give you a better look. I am by no means an artist but it helps visualize.

Name:
Krista Pontifex
Appearance: Krista Pontifex is a young woman with dark indigo blue hair that barely reaches down to her shoulders. Her emerald colored eyes shine with a constant determination, matching elegantly with her pale white skin. Her body is that of someone who rarely stays inside. Fit but not overly fit, just enough to be above average. Her hands are constantly covered in blisters and her scratches from climbing the mountain near her home. On her forehead are a pair of bright orange ski goggles with light accents of a deep red running down the sides.

Back home, Krista would wear heavy jackets and and warm sweaters but since she'd be in a new region, her clothes have taken a new style. A pair of skinny jeans that ended with a pair of black and orange running shoes that her mother had gifted her. Up top was a T shirt with a rotom design on the lower left side. To finish it off, the girl was wearing a bright orange light jacket that covered most of the rotom design up. She figured she could take it off anytime she got too hot. Krista stood at a height of 5 foot 8 and weighed a healthy 146 pounds.

8ADC695B-F6FE-4198-8D3A-1650F970ABEE.jpeg

Personality: Krista is of the feisty/hotheaded type which typically grates on peoples nerves. Anything that comes out of Krista's mouth is the truth and rarely is her mind changed, even if she is proven wrong. The teen could argue for days over something as mundane as the flavor of a berry. Despite this fatal flaw that usually makes itself known in the first five minuets of meeting her, Krista is fiercely loyal to any of her friends that she might make. She hates secrets, no matter how small they are, and is open about almost anything that isn't too embarrassing. Along with this, one of her pet peeves is when someone wants to bare the burden of something by themselves without any help. She prefers the cold over the heat and gets cranky when its humid outside. Her family often jabs at her inability to handle different weather other than the native chill found in Sinnoh.

Starter Pokemon: Brush the Snover (Male)

Backstory: Krista grinned at her mother, her eyes nervous and pleading as they looked for any hope in her face. You see, Krista was asking something big. Something even bigger than starting her Pokemon journey. She was asking to start her Pokemon journey in a whole different region. Despite her love of Sinnoh and Snowpoint city, there was something deep inside her that almost rejected the idea of her starting her journey in her home region. Sure, she had barely been out of the snowy city in the north but she wanted her pokemon journey to be a real adventure. Everything completely new. She wanted to step into another world. Why not Maiestas? She had heard much talk about it on the news recently and figured it'd be the perfect place to start!

Clenching her fists, she waited in asperation as her mothers mouth began to move.

"Go pack your things." And with that, Krista's adventure had started.

Last edited:
Err, I probably should've made it a bit more clear. Your only allowed to start with one Pokemon :p Bringing more seems a bit cheaty. I mean, if you can come up with a way they sneaked past more than one Pokemon into the region, that's perfectly fine, but it'd have to be pretty good to sneak it past. And then continue to make it look like they caught the Pokemon in a "legitimate" way before even making it out of Primum.

Ah I see you liked my post ^^ thank you. Does this mean I am accepted?
Haha, yeah :p I meant to tell you earlier, but Krista looks great. Accepted :up:

I'm going back on one thing with the Bad Marks that can get your license revoked. For winning a gym, not only do you win cash prizes and a badge, it also relieves one Mark from the license. As for how it's tracked, it's not physical- just like the games, you have a number associated with your card and name, which is all uploaded onto a database. Because you need to present a card to compete in a gym, the marks are totaled in the database. If that all makes sense :p

I'm sorry to continue to pick at you two, especially since the first was something I likely should've been more clear on. But I've noticed, Science and Altari, that your last couple posts have been in present-tense. And I know this will probably seem nitpicky, but we are technically supposed to be doing it in past tense. Like, the action isn't happening as the post goes on. It already happened, and the post just narrates on it.

For example, it would be something like Arte shined his Pokéball as he sat on the bench. Not Arte shines his Pokéball as he sits on the bench.

Don't worry about going back and editing it, but if you guys could follow it in the future I'd greatly appreciate it.

Questions, questions, questions - is this still accepting participants? If so I'll be making an CS and probably ask some questions down the road. Though, I do quite like this rebellion / overthrowing 'government' kind of deal.
Yep! I'm probably only accepting a few more though. But as long as it says Open here consider it an invitation to join.

Name: Hivey ‘Vee’ Swarms
Appearance: Earthen tones and repeating, low-key tribal patterns. On average Vee cloaks herself in 3/4 sleeve shirts with a color combination of different beige-to-brown hues. These shirts are notorious for being slightly too long, and concealing the top half of her nearly always chocolate brown skirts; all due to her short stature. She wears earthen tone leggings with horizontal lines of repeating patterns a few inches apart from one another; over the entire length of the fabric. Her outfit goes paired with a pair of shin-high brown boots lined with soft fur-like rims around the top.

And yet, instead of showing off this carefully selected attire, Vee covers the majority of it up with a dyed silk poncho. The fabric of this highly personal accessory is handmade and fringed at the bottom. It comes with a thicker collar to obscure and shield the neck from weather conditions, sports a variety of horizontal patterns and, when rested against the body, covers her up to a few inches below her hips. The fabric is dyed red apart from the patterns and made from Ariados silk; highly durable and holds the lingering scent of the before mentioned Pokémon’s pheromones.

Personality: Let’s just say Vee has her heart in the right place; and common sense misplaced. Supposedly she’s loveable in a ‘younger sister’ kind of way. Meaning she’s naïve, gullible and fairly easily convinced to do even morally grey tasks. But, what she lacks in common sense and interpretation she makes up for with creativity. Often coming up with ‘solutions’ to problems that leave you scratching your head as to how that plan came to mind; but it works. Well, more or less. Ultimately, Vee is a kind-hearted ‘free thinker’ with a ton of ditsy optimism to go around.

Starter Pokémon: Bitsy, the Spinarak (Female)
Backstory: Oh, firecrackers! How’d this even- Alright! Let’s recap for a moment. Vee hails from central Johto, and her home is located a mile or so from Ecruteak City. The reason for this? Well, Vee comes from a family of silk farmers; wild silk to be exact. And, given the name, this is extracted from nature without human hands affecting the production. Well, what does produce it then? Spinarak and Ariados do, and there is a rich population of them in the woods near Route 37.

Alright! Back to our current predicament. Originally Vee was send out to Maiestas by her parents with the task to promote their product; given the large amount of corporate entities present there. But, let’s say things got a little out of hand. Vee isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed and before even getting a chance to promote her family business she was roped into this Pokémon competition or something? Honestly, it’s doubtful Vee realizes what she’s gotten herself into. At least she’s lucky enough to have the wherewithal to utilize her skills from working with wild Pokémon in an attempt to survive this sticky situation.

So I'm questioning on joining, but I have a character in mind who is a lot older than 16 (I'd say around 35, maybe 40). S/He used to work for Silph Co., but quit before they could fire her/him, as s/he knew too much about the company, who made Maiestas, being a horrible, corrupt shareholder, and traveled to Maiestas in the guise of an expert trainer and survivalist (as s/he was the worker who gathered what they could for their work, some items having a harsh mini-journey to get) to shut down the corporation from the inside. S/he will bring their trusty Deino, who has been with her/him for quite some time now and is close to evolving.

Just wondering if this concept of a character is okay, but I can tweak it a little if it is needed.

Also, when I was reading through the RP, why is there a trainer with more than 1 Pokémon (the one with the Swablu)? I thought we can only have one. Also, if I remember correctly, Swablu is a Normal/Flying-Type. XD Unless your Swablu is actually an Altaria, but I thought we can't have any evolved Pokémon when we start.

And hey @Keybored! Missed you from the last time you made that one Pokéhuman via virus RP. Made a story about how Shade got into that mess, and didn't have the time to make more stories for the others. XD This is Pretty Pichu, by the way, just a name change and a better profile pic. XD How are you?

Last edited:
Hey there! I don't see an issue with your character- they have the sources and connections to attain a rare and strong Pokemon like Deino. And there's plenty of ways to expose em'. But which one will the public gossip the most on, I wonder?

Yeah, I didn't make things clear enough in the original post. He's aware of the issue and has fixed it in the next posts he made.

You also gave me a heart attack with 14 alerts :p

Sorry about that likestorm. XD I forgot the timestamps existed, too. I shall make my character then. :) Is there anything that my character would know about Maiestas and the company that they can expose, or would it be best that they find out first before spreading mutiny? Since they know a little bit about the company through Silph Co.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to have to stop you here.
@Altari_owl - Please remove any references to key stones from your post. Those require receiving staff approval before you implement them into your character, and you most certainly did not request such.

Name: Victor Vladimirovich
Appearance: Sporting a buzz cut (with some grey stubble poking through the primarily black stubbles), the 6'06" Sinnoh man stands proud and tall. He has a gruff, stoic overall look, lending to his intimidating manner. His eyes being as black as obsidian doesn't help to lessen that intimidating look. His muscle tone is none to laugh at either and his body width being twice that of a normal man, he is pretty damn muscular, especially with what his job was beforehand, having served in the military, and his home life. He is quite pale, as his family lived on a ranch north of Snowpoint City, where the Pokémon and land were a bit more dangerous. His clothes consist of an off-white tank top, a black jacket, black cargo pants, steel-toed black combat boots, and usually a black heavier coat over his jacket if the weather was cold. Although, the man's alarming body heat helps in keeping him warm with just the jacket. He has his dog tags from when he served, showing his name, his rank (being an officer), and his blood type.
Personality: He is very serious, and, as such, is not that great with jokes... Or people for that matter. Especially when those people are taking serious matters as a joke, or they seem to. Young kids are different, and his fatherly nature to protect tends to override his want to teach them that the world is a dangerous place and that no one can be trusted, not even themselves. He doesn't want them to learn these lessons the hard way like him, as he was as naive and gullible as they were, but he can snap when one of those kids push his buttons too much with their ignorance and naivety. "Better me than someone else that can potentially hurt them even worse than I" is his thought process. He doesn't talk much unless angry or teaching people how to survive and is generally a very simple man who wants nothing else than to bring justice to people who deserve it and then live peacefully with his family at his ranch.
Male Deino - [TYPE]Dark[/TYPE][TYPE]Dragon[/TYPE] Irate Pokémon.
His nickname is Khaydro (pronounced as Key-droo).
Used to be the smallest of the pack, but is now 3 feet (0.91 m) tall, being taller than most Deino (2'07" or 0.79 m).
His primary behavior is wanting to prank others to start a fight or prank to end a battle, and is highly mischievous and will sometimes give Victor a hard time by not doing what he says. Otherwise, he is pretty tough and loyal to Victor, as he hasn't forgotten what the man has done for him for years. He will stand by his side to the very end... And along the way laugh and pull pranks on his trainer, who can't do much besides give him a look of "please, stop" (Naughty: his physical attack (Attack Stat) gets stronger faster, while his ranged defenses (Special Defense Stat) doesn't get as strong as fast. Mischievous: has an affinity towards being strong in his ranged attacks (Special Attack Stat)).
Hustle is his ability, which increases physical power (50%), but lowers the accuracy of those physical moves (20%).
The four moves mostly used are:
  • Dragon Rush - [TYPE]Dragon[/TYPE] | Physical | Draconic energy surrounds Deino and he charges towards his opponent with menacing power, which may also cause flinching (20% chance).
  • Crunch - [TYPE]Dark[/TYPE] | Physical | Deino bites down on his opponent so hard, it may end up crushing their physical defense (20% chance).
  • Fire Fang - [TYPE]Fire[/TYPE] | Physical | Deino's teeth get covered in flames and he bites down harshly, which may cause flinching, as well as leaving the target with a nasty burn (10% chance each).
  • Work Up - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE] | Status | Deino buffs himself by amplifying his aura and rousing himself up, which strengthens his physical and ranged attacks. A reddish aura can be seen as he buffs up.
Other moves that Deino has are:
  • Tackle - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE] | Physical | Deino rushes towards the opponent and hits them with his full body weight.
  • Focus Energy - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE] | Status | Deino takes a deep breath and exhales calmly, raising his chance to hit the opponent's weak spot (raises crit chance).
  • Bite - [TYPE]Dark[/TYPE] | Physical | Deino bites the opponent, and the pain may cause the opponent to flinch (30% chance).
  • Roar - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE] | Status | Deino roars menacingly, either scaring away his opponent if it's a Wild Pokémon or, if it's a Pokémon owned by a trainer, the owned Pokémon will hide behind their trainer or return to their Poké Ball and refuse to fight, forcing another Pokémon to be switched out.
  • Headbutt - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE] | Physical | Deino rushes towards the opponent with his head extended outwards and may cause flinching due to pain (30% chance) and possible knockback if done on a smaller Pokémon, or a Pokémon that doesn't weigh enough to stop 45 pounds/20.41 kilograms of force from an angry, experienced, slightly bloodthirsty Pokémon.
Backstory: Living north of Snowpoint City in a ranch, Victor was taught how to live off of the snowy land, despite a large city being nearby to give them what they need, but his parents were naturalists, and they want him to learn how to survive out in the wild. He was taught at a young age how to hunt, forage, live, and protect himself out on Mount Coronet, and this sparked in him a want and need to learn how to survive and to put himself in situations that would cause other, inexperienced people to cry in fear, break, or much worse.

Despite learning the atrocities of life at a young age, he was generally very warm-hearted and was nice to everyone and everything. His parents were afraid that he would soon get taken advantage of because of how nice and his optimistic attitude towards people, and his belief that no one would lie to him or hurt him. That changed later, and it fueled him to leave Sinnoh for Kanto in search of dangers at the age of 12.

While he was in Kanto, he befriended many Pokémon, but never caught any, as he could survive out in the wild without a companion, but his loneliness was crippling him. Years later of still being lonely, he went into town and found a booth to get registered for the military. Thinking this could be his big break, he signed up and left to train in the military. After he turned 25, he came back to Kanto after being shipped off to Orre to settle some dispute with a local terrorist group there. Wanting a more peaceful life, he lived in Celadon City, when he found a job in the flyer for an odd job at Silph Co. Many people had tried to sign up, including Victor. He was chosen above anybody else because of his immense knowledge on how to survive and even how to calm some wild Pokémon, and he even showed the employers his skills first hand, which helped his resume.

Taking the large, imposing figure, he was set as a security guard at first and then began doing the odd jobs he was hired to do. One of which led him to Unova to find a certain material that the company would like to refine and sell at a high price. When he got there, the material was being guarded by a pack of Deino and Zweilous off of the Victory Road. Living off of the land and the nearby pack of dangerous Pokémon, the Pokémon let him closer to the material so he can take some with him, albeit hesitantly. When he got the material, he set off to leave, but a helicopter arrived overhead, and the Pokémon launched a defensive attack to destroy the copter, but a man threw a paralyzing smoke bomb down on the group. Seeing that the helicopter had an insignia on the side, he remembered what he was told: that if he took too long getting the material, that they would send someone to save him if he was still alive, and get the material themselves. Angered, he found a Deino that looked smaller than the other Pokémon and grabbed him and ran, hoping to save the weaker one. The people up at the helicopter saw his fleeing figure and followed him, ignoring the now struggling group of angered and frightened Pokémon.

Victor nursed the Deino back to full health quickly and was about to send the little guy home when the helicopter landed and the boss of the group told him that he could keep the Deino, as a reward, as the company was going to give him a Pokémon anyway. The Deino, feeling safer with Victor than his own pack, gleefully stayed with Victor, and he became Victor's first Pokémon.

Still silently angry at what the men did to the group of Pokémon, he gave the company the materials and had a word with the supervisor in charge of sending those people. Expressing his concerns to the man, he was told that they did it as a precaution and that the animals attacked first. Angry that the Pokémon were treated in such a way, he began to look closely at where the materials were being shipped off to. He found out that they were heading to Maiestas and that the shareholders were, what looked to be a wealthy and successful business. When he dug further on what the company was actually about, he quit working at Silph Co. before they could fire him for disobedient behavior and shipped himself off to Maiestas to confront the people responsible and make sure they pay.

Last edited:
I feel like Victor would know just as much as your intro about the company, really. As in the horribly low pay workers and the cops and such. I'll add more about the Deino in a bit.

Last edited:

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
@StellarWind Elsydeon Sorry about the key stone thingy! I made the post before I read the part about the "No key-stone rule.."

@Merciless Medic About my character: So far I haven't got any complaints or people saying I need to lessen the Pokemon, and BurbleBurble said I could have the extras, so I'm fine... I think. (Also "Ari" is a Swablu..)

Okay, because you said a Dragon/Flying-Type when you were talking about your Swablu, so I was a little confused. XD

Err, I probably should've made it a bit more clear. Your only allowed to start with one Pokemon :p Bringing more seems a bit cheaty. I mean, if you can come up with a way they sneaked past more than one Pokemon into the region, that's perfectly fine, but it'd have to be pretty good to sneak it past. And then continue to make it look like they caught the Pokemon in a "legitimate" way before even making it out of Primum

And he said this. He didnt explicitly say it was okay to have them to start off, but to sneak them past Primum Town into Chittering Woods as if you caught them. Unless he told you himself in a PM or a profile post, then yes, I can see that. Which, you already showed off all of your Pokémon before you even got to Chittering Woods so acting like they arent yours is going to be difficult...

Also, he did say in a post that he told you and that you fixed it in your posts, but by what you just said, it seemed like you haven't gotten rid of your extra Pokémon, yet.

Sorry, I like consistency and it throws me off when something like that happens.

Also, there was no rule set on this thread that you couldnt have a Mega Stone or Key Stone, either. So either you didnt get to that rule when you were reading the Pokemon Role Play Rules, or you simply forgot.

I'm just trying to understand why you say such things when I can't tell where you are getting your information from. XD

Last edited:
I feel like Victor would know just as much as your intro about the company, really. As in the horribly low pay workers and the cops and such. I'll add more about the Deino in a bit.
Now that I'm done, and I'm assuming a like means I'm accepted (like all the other times beforehand on this thread), I'll make a post now :3
Probably. It doesn't take much digging to find the more shady things they did, but even then it's just shady. Nothing they can't point fingers at any other league/government body for doing. Of course, governmental bodies and corporate entities are very separate things, but the populace probably isn't aware enough to know this.

The reason I often like before posting is that I can read it on my phone and send over a like a lot easier than writing a post. Then I gotta pull my phone keyboard up and type it with my fingers in a roundabout way and often fatfinger a few words :p

As for what's happening with Altari...Neo better watch his back, because first the performance and then the totally didn't excuse is enough to get some heat pulled down on him. Enforcers are paid per case, not hour...So, uh, either edit or Neo might be running from Enforcers into the woods. They don't really care enough to chase him into it or report him to a database, but considering the potential distance and whether not people will follow him to make sure he's okay, he might not keep everything on him and may need to brave the forest alone.

Probably. It doesn't take much digging to find the more shady things they did, but even then it's just shady. Nothing they can't point fingers at any other league/government body for doing. Of course, governmental bodies and corporate entities are very separate things, but the populace probably isn't aware enough to know this.

The reason I often like before posting is that I can read it on my phone and send over a like a lot easier than writing a post. Then I gotta pull my phone keyboard up and type it with my fingers in a roundabout way and often fatfinger a few words :p

Ahh, cool, thanks :3 I shall keep that in mind. And yes, I tend to fat finger and then my auto correct changes the word into a completely different word or even deletes the word that ik trying to use or sometimes it doesnt even fix my mistakes XD soooo yea

OH! Before I post, what's the max amount of Pokedollars we can carry? I know everyone is choosing 4,500P, but I was wondering if we could have a little more than that. Say, 5,500P or maybe even 6,000P, since Victor did work for Silph Co. for a while and the paychecks are pretty big there. I'm content with starting with 4,500P if this request is denied, but you did say at least 4,500P. XD

EDIT: I'm dumb and forgot what Silph Co. was called so I kept calling it Saffron Inc. XD I changed any and all mentions of Saffron Inc. or Silph Inc. into Silph Co. XD My bad.

EDIT 2: Also, is there a way for Dragon-Types to learn Draco Meteor in Maiestas from a Move Tutor, orrr.... No?

Last edited: