• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join As it Crumbles (18+)

Sign up here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/as-it-crumbles-18.17040/#post-474095
---​
The sky mercilessly crashed and flashed as rain sped down on the ground, no sky in sight. Lis Fifer had been pacing in her apartment, mumbling incoherently to herself to calm down. She had a nervous glint in her eyes as she spoke, until a booming strike of thunder snapped her from speaking. Her heart raced as she grabbed her jacket, messily pulling it on and pulling the hood over. Lis fumbled with her fingers to grab her backpack, tossing it on and briskly exiting her dim apartment. In the hall, a few lights flickered as she hurriedly walked to the elevator, muttering nervously as she clumsily slapped the buttons. After a moment of warbled elevator music, she was in the empty lobby, breathing quickly.

Lis inhaled before bolting out the doors, immediately greeted with a cold wind slamming against her. The rain violently streamed down as she sprinted around the corner, and down another block. She was almost out of breath just as she slammed into a pair of doors, flinging them open as she panted. Lis stood in the bakery she had entered, and the bell weakly jingled. Most of the city was abandoned, figuring it was the worst affected city in the world, but Lis couldn't afford to leave after her family was wiped out. “Hello..?” she weakly called out, not expecting an answer. When none came, she climbed over the counter, and scooped up a few display items; being bread, cookies, and a few biscuits. No doubt they were stale, but it was better than nothing.

Lis awkwardly crawled over the counter before sitting down on it, food in her lap. She wanted to cry as she nibbled at a hard loaf of bread. Everything was getting harder to handle, and nothing seemed to cease the horrifying weather. She looked out the slightly barred windows, depressingly studying the graveyard of a city. Lis continued eating the bread before pausing and looking at the dim light hung near her. Pretty soon, there'd be no power in the entire city. Not like anybody was there to use it. So far, Lis had only seen a few other people, and she was positive they left shortly after. For now, Lis had just assumed she was one of the only souls left alive.

Lexie walked in the rain and admired the darkened sky and the water droplets that fell from it. The raindrops felt like needles hitting her skin, chilling and nipping at her, yet beautiful nonetheless. She shivered as she quickened her pace, trying to find food and shelter. She fumbled with the doorknob of several places, all which were locked. She glanced through a window that belonged to a diner. She gasped as she saw the utter destruction that lurked inside. The once vibrant diner was destroyed, and the lights flickered dimly. She stepped back and blinked away tears. She would never get used to this, her home was no longer existed. The abandoned buildings and quiet streets made her feel more alone than she's ever felt before. She continued walking down the street before stumbling into a bakery. The paint on the wall was chipping, tables was thrown across the room, and the place had a strong musky odor. She shifted through debris in hopes of finding food. She heard the floorboards creaking, and quickly hid behind and sideways table, scared of what might be in the darkness.

Lis was filled with panic as a rustling and nervous noise clattered. Clumsily, she yanked her backpack off and dug in for her flashlight, which she found after a few nervous moments of not feeling it. Clicking it, she shone it around, eyebrows worriedly furrowed. After a moment, she shone it near a table, where she spotted a shape behind it. Dusting the stale food off her lap, she slid off the counter and stumbled over, seeing that in fact a person was hiding behind the table. Relief and more fear flooded her.

“Who are you?” Lis asked, voice wavering. Her legs were shaky as she waited for the female to reply. Lis wasn't able to get a very good look at the girl, so she expected the girl to reveal herself more.

Lexie sank further down behind the table. Her heart felt like it was exploding inside of her chest. She was nervous, and terrified. She was not expecting to find anyone else, she thought the city was deserted. She quickly inhaled and blurted out, "I'm Lexie,
please don't hurt me, I don't have anything valuable, my backpack is full of useless items." Her words jumbled together into one long sentence. She placed her hand on her forehead and sighed, completely embarrassed by her lack of communication skills. She peered behind the table to make out a feminine figure and then quickly retreated back to her safe spot.

In her jumble of words, Lis pieced them together before tilting her head. “I'm not gonna hurt you, I-I don't need your stuff,” she said, a bit defensively. “You don't have to hide.. I've got food, and light, and, um... food?” Lis told the girl. Her flashlight illuminated around the spot she stood in, and it gave her the opportunity to really see the bakery. She paused before speaking again. “Are you hungry? Maybe thirsty? I've been, uh, coming here a lot, so I know where everything is. Oh, my name is Lis.. It's Lexie, right? Seriously, I don't wanna hurt you, you can come out..”

Lexie slowly came out from behind the table. She blushed lightly and looked down and said, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to accuse you of anything." She sighed and began talking again, "I'm not good around people, and up until this moment I thought I was alone here." Her stomach quietly growled, begging for food. "I would greatly appreciate food if you don't mind. I've been collecting rain water, but I've had a hard time scavenging for food." Her heart raced still, saying this many words to a stranger was unfamiliar to her.

“O-oh, it's fine,” Lis stammered as the girl fully came out from behind the table. She paused before stumbling to the counter, where she grabbed one of each of her collected items. She held them out for exchange, a smile on her face. “They might be a bit stale, but it's better than nothing. Besides, I'm getting the hang of baking, so I can always make more with the ingredients in the kitchen.” Lis looked sideways as she spoke, a bit flushed and overwhelmed at the new girl she met.

Lis hesitated before asking, “So... um, you're here alone, right?” She didn't want to strike a nerve, so she tried to be cautious in asking.

Lexie graciously took the stale bread from the girl's hands. "Thank you." She said kindly as she took a bite and swallowed. "I don't mind that it's a bit stale, i'm just glad to have food." She took another bite and began shifting through her backpack. "I have plastic wrap in here somewhere, it might keep it from getting more stale, and it'll protect it. It'll be good to have these until you get the chance to bake more." She smiled and wrapped up the bread and handed Lis the rest of the plastic wrap to cover her other items. "Yeah, i'm here alone." She said softly. "You're the first person i've seen in a long time."

Draves trudged through the downpour of rain, attempting to find a place in which he could rest. His stomach grumbled, as if it tried to mimic the roaring thunder around him. After what seemed to be hours of walking, Draves had came upon an abandoned hardware shop. He began to scrummage around the little store. Although the place had been completely dismantled, he still found some helpful supplies.

He had found a couple of batteries--unsure if they worked or not--Draves had also came across a little flashlight. It still had some power left, which was a relief, but he realized that he must conserve it the best he can. When boy had bent over to grab something, the rain had spurred on and of for a second (Still pouring down furiously, though) he looked through the hazy window--and saw movement from the building across from him. To his shock he crouched down, wondering what to do. It was not wise to confront random strangers, especially at times like this, but what other choice did he have? Draves would rather die from a ruthless bandit, than a thunderstorm. He left the little store, and proceeded to the building ahead of him, upon further inspection, he noticed that sign read B-kery in faded out text.

Draves quickly entered the building, as the rain was getting harsher. He looked up and clicked on the mini-flashlight, and saw two females. He slowly moved to face his back to the door, just to make sure they don't pull anything crazy on him. "Hello, there.." he said, carefully. "I am Draves..."

Lis had been in the middle of accepting the plastic wrap when a flashlight was shine in her direction. She flinched, and took the wrap, shoving it in her bag. With her own flashlight, she pointed it at the figure, who had just introduced themselves. Upon seeing that it was just a male, she lowered it a bit. “Guess there are quite a few of us, huh?” she murmured to herself. “Oh, um, hello. I'm Lis.”

Awkwardly she stood for a moment before stepping backwards to the counter, where she grabbed a cookie and slowly walked forward again. Holding it out to the male, she tilted her head and weakly smiled. “Um, cookie?” she offered Draves.

Lexie screamed at the sudden light and noise coming from behind her. She hid behind a nearby table, shivering in fear. "Don't hurt me, you can have all the plastic wrap you want!" She said in more jumbled words that, like earlier, all ran together and sounded like one long word. She was frantic and jumpy. She looked up at Lis, who was offering the stranger a cookie. She slowly peered out from behind the table and eyed them.

It was pouring; pouring so hard, that the rain made it hard to see anything. A girl, by the name of Anna Kate Walker, was walking slowly in the rain. She had tears running down her face, but it was hard to tell, due to the excessive amount of rain. The heavy winds were pushing her aside, but it seemed like she didn't care. It seemed like...she didn't care about anything anymore.

Mom! Dad! What the hell is going on!

Nothing, sweetie. Just...just stay here until we come back.

Mom? Dad!? Come on! Don't leave me in the blue! I want to know what's happening!.....

"They never did tell me, huh," Anna said to herself in particular.

Mom!? DAD!? Anybody!? Please, someone just tell me what's going on! Why is the power going on and off!?

*two dead corpses are seen*

Nononono! This can't be! Mom! Dad! NOOOOO!

Anna didn't want to think about what just happened, so she decided to stay quiet, until she found a city. I guess I should find some shelter here. She walked around the city, trying to get into some of the buildings, but all of them seemed to be locked. Why would they lock their doors in the apocalypse, dumb-asses!

It wasn't until Anna finally found a door that wasn't locked. Finally! She had a big smile on her face, until it quickly changed into a frown when she opened the door to see a girl who looked like she'd seen a ghost, and another girl who was offering a guy a...cookie? "Nope," Anna thought, "I'd rather take my chances out there."

(OOC: Sorry for the unethical post, should have made us meet some other way)

BIC:

Draves had smiled, attempting to be kind, and then shut of his flashlight, and darkness filled in the void of light. The strange girl seemed to have offered a cookie. Weird... he thought, then shrugged and took the cookie, nodding his head towards her. "Thank you," quite ponderous of what was behind the table - last time he checked, tables cannot speak. He peered beyond it, then looked at the disheveled girl, filled with fright. "Hello, sorry I scared you.." he attempted to lighten the mood, but just looked back at Lis.
"So what brings you two her-" he was interrupted.
After just meeting the duo, another female casually walked into the room, staring at us - it seemed she had went through some thought process.

He tried to be nice, and greeted her, then looked around - nervous - and split the cookie in half. Although it was stale, it managed to make a clean cut. The bigger half was handed over to her, as he smiled. "Hello, there. I am Draves," the boy said, then scratched his hand with the arm that was not extended, "It seems I'm meeting all kinds of new people." he remarked.

Lexie cleared her throat and slowly came out from behind the table. "I'm sorry about that, i'm a little jumpy, if you couldn't tell." She said, sheepishly. "I'm also very surprised by the fact that so many people are here. I honestly thought I was alone." She said, looking around the room. "The food in here is pretty stale, but it's better than nothing. Plus, Lis said she's good at baking so that will come in handy." She smiled slighty and the suddenly excalmined, "Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Lexie." In this time she hasn't notice the girl come in. She slowly became aware of her surroundings and closed her eyes and took a deep breath when she noticed the girl standing at the door. She's not going to hurt you, she's not going to steal from you, she's just a normal girl like you. She opened her eyes and greeted the girl. "As i'm sure you've heard, I'm Lexie. You should take the cookie, it's stale as stale can be, but again, better than nothing." She said, trying extremely hard to stay calm, despite being overwhelmed by the new girl. She started off the day thinking she was alone, and now there were not two but three people standing here in the stuffy bakery with her. She honestly couldn't believe it.

Last edited:
(Sorry it took so long to post I accidentally deleted my post. )

Shane stood in his destroyed house, the pouring rain soaked his clothes "Mom, Dad, Sis" He called but no one or thing could be heard. He locked around his house trying to find them but all he could find was destroyed photos and Broken furniture. Until he saw three lifeless bodies huddled under the desk. His eyes started tearing, he locked up at the sky and thought. His crying was masked by the hard pouring rain. "Why! why did it have to be them. Why.... why not somebody else "He knew it was wrong to think that but what else could he do? After a few minutes he put himself together and scavenged whatever he could find most of it was canned food and bottles of water but he thought that's all he could find. He went back to the room of his family and said his final goodbyes, as he saw his sis holding a family photo that had been teared so only three of them was with reaming in the photo. He took the photograph and stuffed it into his pocket. He walked around the lifeless town, trying to block out the sound of the rain but all he could here was the hard rain. No voices, No footsteps, only rain. He kept walking down the desolate town until he could here a soft sound. He searched to find people in a building, he slammed the door wide opened drenched in rain.

Anna looked at the cookie, and knew that it was stale. "Um, no thank you," she said in a quiet tone, "You can have it if you want, I actually have my own food." Anna then took out her backpack, and it was filled with canned food. She then said, "If you guys want any, I'm willing to share." Anna then handed everyone a can of chopped fruits. "I have beans as well, but I was thinking we should make a fire and cook it first," Anna added.

Anna was standing near the door, until suddenly a guy opened it. She was so frightened, that she went and kicked the mysterious figure.

Shane looked up to see a mysterious woman running straight at him, "What is this girl doing" Shane thought. As soon as she was close she raised one of her legs to kick him. Shane realised what she was about to do and moved out of the way. "Umm... excuse me but what are you doing" Shane said calmly.

Lis watched the events fold out, them being a new female approaching, passing out food, and charging to attack another new face. All Lis could say was, “Oh.” It surprised her that there were quite a few fellow people alive. But her only thought was that she wasn't a great baker. Hesitantly, she greeted the new male as the girl was busy trying to kick him. “Uh.. welcome...? I'm Lis.”

"Oh hey... I'm Shane would you mind telling your friend not to kick me" He said sarcastically. Shane took of his backpack so that he was holding the straps in his two hands. "Sorry will you excuse me for a moment" Shane said as he walked through a door into an empty room. He shut the door behind him, unzipped his back and took of his soaked clothes. He got changed into his usual clothes and came back into the room. "Does anyone want water? I got a few spared." He said holding a water bottle in his hand.

Anna stepped back, and immediately regretted her decision. She said to Shane quietly, "I'm sorry. Ever since this storm, I've been really tensed. People have been fighting left and right for food and shelter. Some even...died, before my very eyes."

Anna decided to sit in a corner, and read a book.

Shane then asked everyone if they wanted water, and Anna replied with, "I'm pretty sure we have plenty of water. What all of us really need is food and shelter, and sooner or later...we'll need power." Anna noticed the lights flickering on and off, and she knew it was a bad sign.

At every single day that goes by, the thing in the sky looks like it is getting worse. The energy is starting to run out, such as the good food i had left. At least water is not a problem...no, wait, it is, i might die drowned if this rain continues. I have no idea why it's not going away, damn, i don't have the slighest idea why I still here.
Anyway, i saw people runnning around the town today, they are not that much, but at least i'm not alone as i thought. They're in the old bakery. For now i'll just watch, can't afford to do anything reckless, people get a little...weird.
Thats all for today.
A particularly loud thunder was heard as he finished taking his notes.
"I have to get out of this fuckin place..." he said as he stood up.
He was running out of food.
At that moment he looked at the window, and he saw another girl.
"What the hell is going on down there?" He wanted to go there and ask, but it would be too dangerous, he didn't know for sure if the girl was dangerous.
Seconds later he saw a boy, entering the same building.
He had decided to just look throught the windoew, but when he saw a relative big group of people(in a pretty desert town), entering the same building, he decided to go and take a closer look at the situation

Last edited:
Lexie's green eyes quickly shifted to the new figure standing in the door of the bakery. Before she could comprehend what was going on, the girl named Anna was trying to kick the stranger. She then head Lis introducing herself to him. She raised her voice, not by much, hoping to get his attention. "Hello, I'm Lexie." She said, trying her best to be friendly and not the normal hot mess that she was. She looked around at all the people that were huddled in the bakery. "We all somehow survived this disaster, and we all managed to find each other here. I think we should stick together. We all have supplies and there's safety in numbers, right?" The small girl suggested.

Shane lifted his head to the sound of a small girl talking "Sticking together does sound like a good idea, but sooner or later we will run out of supplies and not only is that a problem, we also need power" Shane said in a low voice. Shane sat down in the corner of the room and lifted his scarf to cover his mouth as it was getting colder. After a few minutes of thinking Shane had thought of a plan. "I think we should look for a backup generator or try turn the power back on somehow." He suggested.

Lexie frowned, she knew the boy was right. "We should leave the bakery and search the town. We could find more supplies and maybe find a backup generator or how to turn the power back on." She said, as she looked up at the dim, flickering lights. "Almost all of the buildings have no power, and soon the remaining places will be without power too." She stopped for a moment, thinking. She reached into her backpack and grabbed a pen and a notepad. "I know we probably don't need this, but maybe we should right down all the supplies we need to gather. You know, so we don't forget anything." She wrote down the obvious necessities like water, food, and batteries in her neat handwriting.

“Christ, there's a lot of us. Okay, so I agree with Lexie. We could split up into groups, in case we got lost or hurt,” Lis started. Counting the heads in the bakery, she spotted five, and then turned her gaze to the figure in the door. “Hey, guy in the door, you're coming with.” Lis wasn't going to take no for an answer, as she wanted the living people to stay alive.

Lis crawled over the counter again, where she wrapped her remaining foods and put them in her backpack. Pulling her flashlight out in case, she also grabbed a package of batteries, taking one out, removing the current one, and proceeding to put it in. She clicked it on and off, pleased at how it worked much better.

Shane got up. He picked up his bag and got all his canned food, water bottles and anything else he thought was useful. He got his flashlight and tested if it worked. He looked around to see six people included himself. "If were splitting up into groups I think we should go into groups of three" Shane suggested. He looked around the room to see who heed be in a group with.

(OOC: Sorry, was gone for awhile. Hope this'll make up)

BIC:

So much commotion had happened - after being rejected of offering a cookie - a male had walked in, and proceeded to address himself, until the girl near the door, had went for a kick on him. The male dodged the incoming attack, then introduced himself. Draves was about to say his name, until Lexie suggested we search for more supplies. Lis had chosen the other male in the room to accompany our little group; Draves had assumed Lexie would travel with her. So Draves had thought they would decide their own little group.
"Greetings, I am Draves." he said to the new members, then sighed. "Shall we be off?" he asked, then walked out the door - with his handy little flashlight - he just stood there, and awaited for the others.

Last edited:
Shane noticed the other guy in the room had already left. He walked outside and had noticed that the rain hadn't even stopped. "When is the storm gonna stop" Shane thought. He turned his flashlight on and started talking to Draves "Hey Draves, I think we should go to the convenient stores" Shane suggested. "but we need to be careful I seen people who would hurt people for just a can of food" Shane said cautiously.

(Feel free to auto my character when I am not around.)

BIC:

Shane offered that we search for convenient stores - Draves nodded - "Before-hand, I recommend we empty as many stores we can." he said.
After the discussion, he began to head towards the other stores, as he had just suggested.
Little pellets of rain pierced onto his skin, as he trudged towards another building adjacent to the bakery - peering into it - there was nothing in the hollow-structure.

He expected that somebody would follow - he was still wondering if the guy at the door had decided to come with them - after he looked to see if other buildings we're locked, his luck had not turned out, and every place he ventured into was either locked or abandoned. He searched mostly all buildings on the street; he thought of the suggestion Shane had, and called out to him. "Hey, I'm pretty sure there is a mall up ahead." he went back over to the group.

Last edited:
Clay stealthy sneaked through the rain. He moved slowly, and wasn't wearing any rain gear. No noise of rain on waterproof materials to give him away. The rain was beginning to wash away the dirt he had smeared on his face. He scanned the streets for any sign of life, when he saw someone walk out of the bakery. He quickly moved behind a ruin car, and peered around it, observing the guy who had just left. He didn't seem to be armed, but Clay got out his shotgun just in case. When the guy came closer, Clay slid under the ruined car before the guy could see him. Clay watched as the guy walked back to the bakery. He could see the guy talking or calling to someone, but couldn't hear it over the rain.

Rain poured as lightning flashed mercilessly throughout the sky. Thunder boomed with ferocity to match a thousand cannons firing in unison. Dylan walked through the chaotic streets, not a living human around. Cars were overturned, trees uprooted, and the road was nearly flooded. Of course, Dylan was the only one in his family who survived. He always had that special kind of luck. It was only now that it began to feel more like a curse than a blessing. Suddenly, he heard faint voices, nearly drowned out by the storm. He glanced in the direction of the sound and saw a man with a flashlight walking to a group of people. Survivors?

Shane turned around after peering into the convenient stores around him, he heard Draves and came over to him. The rain and thunder didn't stop, the thunder booming louder every minute. "I'm going to check on the small mall up ahead" Shane said to Draves. Shane continued forward heading towards the small mall. He kept walking until he heard a suspicious sound, he glanced around "Hey, is anyone hear?" He shouted.

Tikan walks warily down the street, the brim pulled way down low. Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet, machines gun ready to go..nah, let's get serious.

As the young man walked down the street, slouched as the rain pounded his back, he came across a small shooting section of the town. It all seemed silent and depressing, which seemed to be the norm for the world at this point. It hadn't always been like this, he was sure of it, but it seemed like this was how it would be for what's left of his life. He noticed a small bakery, and heard a large amount of noise coming from it, as well as seeing a flashlight go off. He was about to go near the bakery when he saw a man crouched behind a car with a shotgun near him, aiming at the store. He immediately withdrew his knife, readying himself. he then saw a small break in the trees and followed it.

Tikan walked down the path, refusing to put his blade down. The path seemed to curve around, and now he was in the back of the bakery. He couldn't see anything though the window, so he carved out the pane with his knife and slid it out of the slot. He then walked through, completely silent the whole time. He saw a small group of survivors in there and they seemed to be friendly. He walked into the the room where they all seemed to be in, and announced himself. "Hey." Tikan said loudly "Someone mind telling me what the hell's going on here?"