• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

aRX'S aRT Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stel-1.png
Katiechu.png

Stel and Katie.

For Katie, I gave her a more Link-ish look and Raichyrulean shield. Her partner, Linkachu herself wields alternate weapons. I really should have placed the sword on the other hand, or maybe repositioned her left arm, to show that the dragoniar tribalism is still there.

For Stel, I decided to give him some more elegant-looking armblades, while maintaining the concept that they are a sort of living tattoo. For his random background minion, I tried a little creation of my own. G.E.O.W. or Genetically Engineered Organic Weapon is a plant-like creature taking the form of a seed. When it burrows into the earth, it can obtain nutrients and sprout immediately. In plant form, it has sharp blades of its own, as well as a new seed in its flower ready to continue the generation. The seed is also combustible, due to the chemicals of the fruit protecting it. It also looks like that to ward off predators by resembling one itself, and even if there was a creature foolish enough to try and eat it, they would succumb to the fruit's deadly toxins.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I look even moar murderous than ever. XD

As before, I really like the armblades. The notion of them being sort of markings is STILL bloody nifty. Also, I REALLY like the plant thing. I had a feeling you of all people would be able to pull off a vaguely crystalline biomechanical plant thing and make it look purely awesome. I can't help but be reminded of a Digimon when I see the seedlike Protoform, though. XD

Love the markings on the plant form, too. Maaaaan. I'm surprised I never thought of something like this. XD

As for Katie... well, what can I say. She's bloody awesome no matter what form she takes.

... Heh...

Nice touch on the shield, too.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
StellarWind Elsydeon looks Awesome! I love how you did the armblades, the style pulls of the tattoo image perfectly. As for the plant thing... wow. I love the detail.

Linkachu looks great too. I like the shield design, 'tis very creative and original. I love how you pull off all these different poses. As someone who can't draw people/figures for toffee, I really admire how well you seem to get the character across. Just plain awesome.

Katie and Stel are win.

Love the Hylian touch on Katie and Linkachu.

As for Stel, as I ever scared with those arm blades of his. And that frelling plant thing. It's awesome.

As well, did I mention that aReX/Rocket_X/RX is epic win yet? Cause if I haven't, I have now.

Sem is win.

The otter is win. The expression is perfect, just like a sea otter...Man those things are cute.

Anwho, aReX is also win. T'is a fact of life y'know.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
That is my favourite! I love Otters and that one just rules! I can see what StellarWind Elsydeon means by the tail, as it passes behind Sem it seems to get thicker again, instead of continuing to get narrower. Other than that this is perfect!

*squeals and dies*

Wow RX, you truly are something else. The way you drew StellarWind, Katie, and Sem makes my own eyes almost thinking I'm delusional. I love Stel's armblades, how they're almost...I can't really put a word on it, transparent perhaps? The plant monster is definetly something I don't want to get withing ten feet of.

Katie and her Linkachu are epic win. That's really the only thing I can say about it. I love the lil bomb tossing Linkachu. And now that they mentioned it, Sem's otter thing does have an odd tail....

Whatever. All three are total win.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
RX, you know I love you already, so all I can do now is just rant at how awesome at think that is. XD

Interesting wardrobe I have; I like it =o And I want that jacket REALLY bad. Hair is perfect and I love my expression. ^^ Aquamor is full of adorable win and I love it. Nice job, RX. :3

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
... everyone has already said what I wanted to say, so meh.

But yes, awesome picture of Sem, RX. The expression on his face is perfect, the otter thing is... it's just so cute-iful and awesome. Jacket is win, of course.

And almost everything in that picture is soo cool. I have a few nit-picky things, but I'm keeping them to myself, as the nit-picky things are just things in my opinion. :p

Figured I would finally throw my two cents in and say how absolutely stunning all of your artwork is. I love all the mods' pictures. Absolutely phenomenal. Keep up the fantastic work!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This is just too much. You know how awesome you are, right? Because this is all bloody awesome XD

Starting from the top, freakin' awesome work with those arm-blades on Stel (flawless merging with his arms; almost seems ... what's the word I'm looking for... magical? Mystical?), and that G.E.O.W. thing of yours is pretty damn nifty. Considering that you created and designed it yourself, and it STILL fits with Stel's persona, just makes it more awesome.

The pic of my persona... My god. You are filled with so much epic winnage. That's a new one for me (full Link attire doesn't happen too often), and it turned out wonderfully. I'm so full of myself for liking it this much XD And that Linkachu! BOMBS XD That is too bloody cute. I'd totally use it as an avatar somewhere :3 And great work on those shields. Now I want the hat, that sword, and those Raichu-themed shields D:

And Sem's... AQUAMOR IS LOVE! That thing is also too bloody cute and filled with ottery goodness. I have a problem with loving other people's creations more than my own ^___^ Sem himself looks emo as ever. Nice one thar XD

I assume there are still a few more left to come? If so, definitely looking forward to 'em ^^

/end geeky fangasm-mode

Did you do this with Sharpe or MS Paint?!?!?!? CUZ YOU ARE
TEH SUPER SEX AT DRAWING!

:p

-Caes

EDIT: you should color them, make them more authentic ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Did you do this with Sharpe or MS Paint?!?!?!? CUZ YOU ARE

[size=20pt][move][glow=red,2,300]TEH SUPER SEX AT DRAWING!!!!!!!![/glow][/move][/size]

Please refrain from using scroll text. It's annoying to read and will only lead to n00bing >>

Okay, first off, let me siphon your artist powers into my own person so I can start drawing good?
What? Won't let me? Curse you!

But seriously, great drawings! But like others have said, a bit Digimon-ish feel to them. I think it's because there's too MUCH detail in some of them. But that doesn't mean it's bad at all, just shows that your inspiration comes from two seperate sources.

Also, I can't believe how long it took for someone to see that the idea of Threshgoul came from Kingdom Hearts. Looks (and acts) like that one Heartless from KH 2 that is in Beast's Castle. Now, I'm not saying it's a ripoff, as I can clearly tell it isn't, I just like stating facts to bost my own ego and those of others.

And also, I love how you drew some Pokemon, especially Geishamu and Vlademare, among others. I dunno why, but I just have to approve of a well-drawn female-only Pokemon.

Also, just to wrap this up, your trainers are teh pwn.

And I am done talking. Yaaaaayyy.

RX I've looked through he a buncha times, and I'm amazed each time. It's brilliant, completely, brilliant.

But uh....you kinda slipped never finishing the Frontier Brain project. Oh well :D

It's still all epic win.

Cody, your timing is bizarre 0_0

As it so happens, I'm unveiling a Frontier Brain today,although he should have been unveiled aaages ago. Anyway, please give him just as much love:

http://selvix.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Trainer-Jet-81225259

Clinic Head Jet

I'll admit I have a tendency to never ever evveeerrr finish projects, and I can't make any promises right now, but I will try as much as possible to get as many projects done soon.

So, uh, hey, new Fan Pokemon...

Edger.png

Sami has Pixeity, Snaps has his Snapdragon and Stel has the intimidating Elsydeon. Katie has her Linkachu, and given enough time and for someone to pitch the idea, I'm sure Jet will come up with a bizarre Anthropomorphic Swellow dressed as Falco (with reflector of course)

I figured I'd join that bandwagon with a Pokemon form for myself.

So this is Edger and its evolution, Badgerex, the Badger Pokemon. Edger is a Ground type,while Badgerex is a more intimidating Ground/Steel Type. In Game Mechanics, its EV would be Attack, and its other stats would be fairly distributed and such. I picked a Badger as a basis for a Pokemon based on me, because I think a large, hospitable but unusually fast and strong creature fits me in a sense. Plus I just love the sharp claws :p

bunny.png

This is quite possibly one of the freakiest Pokemon I've come up with, and btw, it caps off Gen 5 as the compulsory cute legendary. Meet Loportal (name may be changed;it sounds iffy), the Warp Pokemon. Its a Normal/Ghost type. It jumps from one dimension to the other. Rather than walking, it somersaults around, revealing that it has two heads. Based on the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.

I love myself. Did I mention that I love myself? Because I love myself. And all my comments I said long time ago.

And since when would I do that. Then again, given the chance, I probably would though. And like usual, your Fakeon are epic win RX. I love them.

[size=8pt]I think I saw Jet aaaaaages ago when I was poking around DA, but the whole thing about his outfit having colors based off of shiny swellow stil strikes me as being kickass.

Edger and Badgerex are wicked, as are most of your pokes, but superbadger ftw.
I love how you always stay true to a single style, and how they're always like looking at extracts from the real deal. It's kinda like looking at torchic and blaziken- adorable and epic, without the middleman.

Loportal was based off of a great character, and your resulting creation is full of eternal win. I love the flipping shot in the middle- the pose is awesome.

That aside, I'm also really loving your staff pictures. Stel's armblades look like they belong there, which is excellent considering how awkward it can get trying to draw them. Linkachu and Katie is a great couple pose, and I love her expression and shield. The 'chu face is a nice tough :3 Sem's sea otter looks amazing, and I love it's face. You gave him a great outfit too- I love his jacket x:
The 'bots on the last page look great, and I love Bara and Nem's poses beside them. El's had an awesome sword, and his swishy sort of 'lol i kill you' pose is great. Rach looks amazingly elegant despite the menacing looking spork floating behind her, and I love her outfit.
My favorites though, would have to be Jet and Ruko. The swellow and trouts look awesome, the matching outfits are hot, and Jet's super special headset is absolutely fantastic.

Mmkay. I'm done

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Edger is a super cute Fakemon, but I'm in love with Badgerex. Not only is it a wicked looking design (struck me a bit as Ground/Electric when I first laid eyes on it, tho ^^'), that pose is bloody amazing. And yes, must agree with you about the claws. They look frelling awesome XD

Interesting token "cute" legendary, too. I can't fully tell if what I'm seeing is how you intended it to be viewed, but are the two faces supposed to have variation to them? Honestly, I'd kinda rather it more if they did (I just find the idea interesting), but can't complain ;)

I can has Badgerex? It could be a real Pokemon for sure. I would catch one if I could.

And, my timing is not bizzare, my timing is epic. Think a Shiny Swellow along with 'im coulda made it a bit more....Jet like I suppose? lol.

Fantastic job. If I was gay, or of the female variety, I would agree with you being teh sex at drawing. But I can't. 'Cause I'm not like that.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Badgerex is awesome! Pose, name, shading and all. And the colouring on Jet is superb.

I always imagined I'd be a Fox-like Pokemon, only not as feminine looking as Vulpix. Ninetails looks too wolfish.
That or a super cool Magpie Pokemon. Murkrow kind of stole my thunder on that one XD

Loportal is cute... in an evil sort of way.

Liekninja.png

So I herd u liek ninjas...One of my many Chat Aliases/Weapons, Mudkip Ninja. Beware for he lurks in the mud 0_0 Also that's mud splatter on his robe...yup...mud splatter...

and given enough time and for someone to pitch the idea, I'm sure Jet will come up with a bizarre Anthropomorphic Swellow dressed as Falco (with reflector of course)

Fallcow.png

Hurr hurr hurr

Linkchu.png

Because she's so frickin adorable.​

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

*Chokes on the cute and dies of epicness*

*Zombie arises to hug RX, for he is gracious and awesome*

Epic. Swellow and Faclo win.

* Becomes a a Falco-Fanboy and Swickedly Swellow follower, yet again. (Not like I ever gave them up) *

And the headset returns again.

Oh and Secad, all the Star Fox Pilots have that. It's not bluetooth. It's more or less a headset, but the screen over the eye gives intel and such through its sensors.

Sorry. I had no idea it was based off Starfox! I must not have been paying attention to that detail.

The ninja Mudkip is win. Does it's Mud Shot come out of nowhere, too?

This is just so full of epic win that I don't even know where to start. And I never thought I would be that afraid to meet a Mudkip in an alleyway, but that ninja is frelling sweetness personified. ;D

For some reason the Falco/Swellow made me chuckle, maybe it's the look in it's eye or the amazement that RX actually drew a Swellow/Falco.

Mudkip Ninja is epic win btw.

Wooow... Those Pic's are Pure Epicness! ;D I love them! It took me a moment to notice that Linkachu was Linkachu and not a Human. It's very cute! :D Your badger Pokemon is BEYOND Pure Pwnage and Epic Epicness! Swellow looks more like a hawk/human, but that doesn't matter. Mukip's kewl too. Good Job!

P

Pokepok

I totally loved your Marshtomp-Ninja, Linkachu and Swellow-Falco drawings. They have been well made. I also like the way you try to incorporate different ideas in your drawings.
So, in other words:

All your drawings are purely epic!

[size=8pt]...
My god.
RX, you continue to amaze me.
Not only does Hypotenuse Man look as intimidating as ever (hammer behemoth ftw), but I really do love your style in this picture.
So it goes without saying that your last update blew me away- that swellow/falco anthro is amazing.
Also, epic mudkip ninja. (Where do you get these ideas from..?)
And, naturally, Linkachu looking adorable. I love the design you came up with for her shield.
This is great manngggg

TBA Wins. I love his Eight ball and his Banhammer. He looks so badass staring into his Eight Ball from the point of view you drew him from.

Win RX. Epic Win RX.

Oh Hai

aReX.png

I'm in your Chat, eatin ur eyeballz

I'm not a Mod or anything of any particular threat. But I just wanted to go and do a self-portrait thingie of myself and my demonic other. My split personality is so frickin adorable >___<

Also

comic.png

Comics.

I suck-eth at it. Bit of a test on a Chronicles Comic :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
TBA picture and all following - since I hadn't seen 'em until now xp - RX, you never cease to amaze. Someone will need to poke TBA so he sees it. As for your pic, pretty damn cool. I never expected your alter-ego to look quite like that ;) Great design. I'd be interested seeing it in a different position (or positions) so we could get a better feel for the character.

And the comic is awesome (subtle, yet really funny). An actual Chronicles comic would be great XD

Status
Not open for further replies.