• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

aRX'S aRT Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me everyone, I would have loved to put in HIS CANE SWORD, but he told me not to. It apparently goes to his Zangoose. Also, for those too lazy to search through DA for it, here's a direct link.

http://selvix.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Trainer-Figs-80194251

I injoy looking at your fakemon some of them look really good and I would actually use them for my team in any pokemon game,if they where part of a game that is..And that doesnt sound all that great of a compliment but then I tell you Im verey picky when it comes to my pokemon teams so it is a great compliment since I only go for a few wich I like. But others....they have this non pokemon vibe to them....like they just wouldn't fit or something... those you'll have to work a little bit more on...then again some of them look more like digimon then pokemon. Your art style with humans is great though they look like pokemon trainers 100%; I also like the fac most of your fakemon have this dragony vibe to them. I hope you keep this up! I can see how much work you must put into these things and how much though it took to make the designs.

Now on to one thing that is buging me about your pictures......Whats with the armor looking stuff? I see that (most of) the new gen of pokemon seem to have armor based bodys or something that resembles that but I mean really what happened to the smooth pokemon like bodys? Armor like bodys seem more like digimon then pokemon in my books.But meh maybe it's just me....

your art is great anyway so I guess it isn't that big of a deal....Keep it up and have fun while doing it too cause if it isn't fun then it's just work. :p

~~~~~~~~ Terra

But I liek armored stuff :< lol, I don't really tend to notice it. When I design an evolution, I mostly go through the process of adding stuff onto it, then making it bigger,sleeker and remotely resembles some sort of modern icon. I only ever go for a stream-lined evolution every once in a while.

Also I might be drawing Dragon-ish to subconcsiously make up for a severe lack of actual Dragon type Pokemon that aren't legendary. Plus, I was a Digimon fan at the same time that I was a Pokemon fan. (The two premiered in my country around the same time, airing at the same time but on two different channels.)

But I liek armored stuff :< lol, I don't really tend to notice it. When I design an evolution, I mostly go through the process of adding stuff onto it, then making it bigger,sleeker and remotely resembles some sort of modern icon. I only ever go for a stream-lined evolution every once in a while.

Also I might be drawing Dragon-ish to subconcsiously make up for a severe lack of actual Dragon type Pokemon that aren't legendary. Plus, I was a Digimon fan at the same time that I was a Pokemon fan. (The two premiered in my country around the same time, airing at the same time but on two different channels.)

I never said the armor like bodys were bad! They have their....charm I guess...
And when I make evolutions for my sprite fakemon I usally go with something that looks like the last form.(And I never use the same base as the last one,)
And I'm happy that your drawning dragonish pokemon, WE NEED MORE DRAGON TYPES!!!!
I just pointed the digimon thing cause some looked like digimon...I'm not really a fan of digimon ....

Happy Pokecharms Day, people! Well, I wasn't really planning on anything special for the day, but somehow I managed to get off my butt and at the very least add another Frontier Brain...

silhcomplete4.png

Pyramid King Figs, kthx. Well, looks like we're all out of Frontier Facilities. Guess its time for me to come up with my own. Also, cookies for everyone for getting all the guesses right!

*Sets the cookie cannon to Rapid Fire

Mind you, they hurt if you don't catch them in your milk glasses :p

The last one looks like gary oak.......
XD

Goodness it's been a while since I've gotten anything up here.

Well anyway, as inspired by the Awesomeness of Chronicles...

lolstickers2.jpg

A showcase of some of our noble staff members in adorable chibi-form ^^

Clockwise from Top: Doc Oak, Blaziken, Linkachu, Stellarwind, Sem, Pixeity, Ruko, Jetters, Baratron, Hypotenuse Man, Yoshimitsu27, Nemesis, and Professor Cinders.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I have no idea why I'm rofling at the picture of Stel, Plapti, and Ruko...

Anyways, this looks really nice, RX! I especially like how Chi looks for some reason, and yet Katie there looks nice as well... Sem's little critter is also very cute.

But why does Ruko get a fish of all things?

*slaps Shiny around a bit with a large trout

I'll add larger individual images of everyone later. I won't be able to color these (or the rest of my past work) until I can get myself a new Pen Tab though.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
RX... I love you ^_^ Everyone looks awesome, and I

Hahaha, awesome. Highlights include Stel looking as irritated as ever, Sem's otter, and me... though I might be biased on that last one. ^^ If you ever color it, I might just have to use it as an avatar. :p

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I can only describe what you did to me as frelling creepy. I love it - the way the markings and stuff fuse as my arm seems to transform into my anthroself's claws...

Epic win. XD

Also, Katie's adorable (but she always is) and Blue and Sem look awesome as frell and Ruko cracks me up with that FISH. XD

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
The entire picture is just epically put together, I love it all XD
and thanks a lot for the fish, surprised you actually remember I asked for it so long back ^^;
Like TBA said, I might well use that one of me for an avatar when you get it colored.

Obvious lack of Swellow makes me sad...but you saw that coming right? Otherwise, very nice....very nice. Only thing that could be better, the mention of Swellow. XD

Nah, Shiny Tailow/Swellow on the shoulder or something to that.

This is also not a post about me being a fan-boy for Swellow.

Edit: Though the other thing was very Swellow-esq, so I'll let you slide the one time ;)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It's a bit weird looking at that pic and realising that it all started off with just me, Katie and Stel when Pokecharms relaunched - with Nem coming back on board shortly after. Where'd the rest of all you fuckers sneak out of? >=O

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Wow. I suppose I should try to write something coherent, which isn't very easy in my current state of brain. I'm liking the picture a lot! Katie, Stel, TBA, Rach & (especially) Ruko are absolutely spot-on. Trout for the win! Also, both the human and Pokemon Linkachu are staggeringly cute and I want a Link-Raichu plushie now! I wish the Pokecharms throne existed in real life - it looks like it would be awesome carved out of some dark wood.

I fear, though, that if you colour the pictures, you'll need to change Elliot's hair every couple of weeks, to reflect current-El reality :D.

I suspect you'd better give Nem some sort of distinguishing feature to make him less "generic", or we'll never hear the end of it. (Although, the chibi looks remarkably like he does in real life.) How about Nem plus CyberNem? ;) If you feel like adding anything to my picture, you could go for a big pile of books or exciting chemistry experiment (with bubbling), or remote control (or Wiimote) for some evil invention (like the CyberNems).

And I just noticed that Yoshimitsu27 has a bare chest. Win ;D.

Hi, I'm new here. Rocket, I love your work, you really have "it", but you need something. Color. It would be great. As well as generation 6 pokedex. And the rest of the gym leaders. Sorry to be saying this, but you're great and I love pokemon since I was 1 year old. And I hate how long they take to make a new generation of pokemon. Could you at least PM me about your next ideas?

"At least?"

Well I'm sorry to disappoint you, GTX, but if you've been reading my posts, you are aware that I temporarily do not have the means to color any of my artwork. I appreciate your fondness for my work, but I'm afraid I can't cater to every little want. Designing Pokemon also takes a lot of thought, I don't simply doodle something and give it a catchy name, there are actually tons of redesigning that I go through before actually finalizing the design. It might be fan-made, but I'd like it to be even slightly professional in the sense that it is still an art of sorts.

Currently, I'm preoccupied with some other projects, so I'm not too sure if be able to get back on Gen 6 anytime soon. Sorry, but like all good things, it'll come to those who wait.

Also it's RX. :p

In the immortal words of some guy on the Internet...

jetters.png
HL.png

chi.png
nem.png

Fix'd. Also Jet's Reflector resembling a Starmie was intentional.

Look out for new Chibi Formes for all the Mods :p

Win. Total, Epic Win. I'm epic win with the reflector and Swellow. And the Headset, epicness of Falco coming through.

Rach has killer Sporks and CyberNems are win.

RX is epic win. Really nice job.

Umm...you said you were doing request right? Umm...*is too embaressed to ask*

I'm sorry to say, no Aura. I don't believe I've said anything of the sort. If I did, it was probably ages ago. As of now I don't do pther people's requests, rather, I request certain people if I can do illustrations for them.

Elliot.png
RukoB.png

Minor update. El's sword resembling Ginryu was completely unintentional, I just felt he needed some other sort of item besides his bare chest. Also for some reason Photobucket kept rejecting El's upload for a while. Also someone (outside the forum) finds the Nem pic hot :D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Like everyone else says, these are awesome! You have a really good drawing style ^^ I love Jet's picture, and Ruko's. The trouts always make me smile! They're all brilliant.

some of your fake pokemon reminds me of digimon characters also...heheh but overall they do look very awsome and would be cool to battle with them as well 10 stars for the unique names and forms ;D love them

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
[size=20pt]THE SPORK MONSTER = EPIC WIN[/size] ;D

Nem with CyberNem is awesome too. And I love that Jet and Ruko have matching uniforms. Why does Ruko now have two fish? One for slapping n00bs with and a second for banning them?

Did I make a CyberBara as well? Scary. Especially the floating in the air. Makes me think of WALL-E and EVE.

Also someone (outside the forum) finds the Nem pic hot :D

For the love of $deity please don't say that anywhere Nem can see. He'll be asking for her phone number/email address!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I can't say much, as so many people have taken the words out of my mouth. But awesome update; Jet, Chi, El, Ruko, Bara, and Nem are so cool!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
For the love of $deity please don't say that anywhere Nem can see. He'll be asking for her phone number/email address!

Probably too late for that XD

These are all awesome as usual, RX. Loving the personalized touches you're adding to each picture, and like bara said - Spork Monster is win. It yells "SPORK ROTOM!" to me. All the characters themselves look really cute, too ^^

El being shirtless in both of his pics is priceless ^^

I'm sorry to say, no Aura. I don't believe I've said anything of the sort. If I did, it was probably ages ago. As of now I don't do pther people's requests, rather, I request certain people if I can do illustrations for them.

Minor update. El's sword resembling Ginryu was completely unintentional, I just felt he needed some other sort of item besides his bare chest. Also for some reason Photobucket kept rejecting El's upload for a while. Also someone (outside the forum) finds the Nem pic hot :D

Its okay, I think it was ages ago too...nice pics by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.