• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

aRX'S aRT Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said once, I'll say it again, great work on the art RX. I wonder who will be next in line to reveal...

Anywho, excellent job and keep it up.

To see Sem and the rest of the Trainers in High Definition, Fly over to my DA page:

http://selvix.deviantart.com

There's also some stuff there from Kingdom Hearts and the like, if you're also into that sort of thing.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I was hoping you'd do that. You just can't appreciate the art as well in that shrunken state :)

Anyways, as others have said (and as I've rambled at you over the chat), these are all really impressive, RX. Your lineart seems solid, the poses are interesting and rather dynamic without suffering quality loss, and even your coloring style seems spot on. Really awesome array thus far. Can't wait until they're all finished and lined up =D

Keep up the great work ^_^

Im looking at your da right now :D I love the Kindom Heart Sprites.... Still browsing... OMG! Awsome heartless pic! I assume all the bandages means this is him AFTER Sora beat the bujeesus out of him?
Wow, your pics are cool :]

Anyways, back to commenting on your poke' trainers. I'ma gonna guess the next 4 trainers....

Hmm

Methinks Dr Oak's gonna be in their... Uhhhh Linkachu...? Er.. Yourself? Aaaaaaand.... OH! Pixeity.

>_<

~Slink

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Pixeity's already in there. She's called "Factory Head Sami" here, Slink. She's also the first one that appeared. And I'm guessing the next people are/might be the Doc, Linkachu, um, Prof. Cinders by any chance?

YOU SAID THAT THERE WERE GOING TO BE SEVEn, NOT NINE, PEOPLE!!! But still... the more the merrier (sp?), as some say.

Pixeity's already in there. She's called "Factory Head Sami" here, Slink. She's also the first one that appeared. And I'm guessing the next people are/might be the Doc, Linkachu, um, Prof. Cinders by any chance?

YOU SAID THAT THERE WERE GOING TO BE SEVEn, NOT NINE, PEOPLE!!! But still... the more the merrier (sp?), as some say.

I lied.

Now somewhere a Togekiss just learned Aura Sphere.

It was never intended to be just 7, you're probably thinking that because there are only 7 Frontier Facilities. But like I said, who says there should ONLY be 7 facilities? Besides, the Battle Frontier thing is a joke of sorts. My DA titles just mark them as Trainers. This is actually a monumental project, you'll just have to wait and see.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Ah, okay, RX. [size=3pt]I'm so dumb....[/size]

So, how many people are you planning to do for this project, RX?

Wow...I knew you were amazing at drawing original Pokemon, but I guess you're amazing at drawing people (and costumes/clothing), too. I'm glad I rediscovered this site and all the art threads. :)

I have to say, my favorite of the revealed people so far is Sami/Pixeity. You really made her look cool, and I like her pose/costume/facial expression/how you colored her/etc. The others are pretty awesome, too.

Oh, and going back one more picture...those original trainers for your two regions are AWESOME. They remind me so much of the style the official artists use to design the main trainers for each region, except you drew these with different body proportions (which I like better). I wish they were real games so I could use 'em, because they're so awesome. The smiling girl reminds me of Tomo from Azumanga Daioh, too, but that's sort of not the point...

(And I'm also watching you on DeviantArt, because you deserve it.)

the new one looks terrific, especially on the close up version on you DA account, I can't wait to see the last ones...ooh, I know who the last one is, its the Doc.

silhcomplete3.png

After a long hiatus of sorts, I have returned with yet another new Trainer. This time its Tower Tycoon Katie Also recolored Sem in accordance to the DA submission, the old one was way to colorful anyway ^^

lololololsprites.jpg

Some new fakemon, though I have no intention of adding them to my list, they are still awesome regardless. The self proclimed legendary Sprites, ruler or all your artwerks >:D To the right, there's Pixami a Normal/Dark type, representing Creativity and the ability to produce magnificent artwork. Opposite it is Pixarex a Ghost/Steel Type representing rebirth and improvement, magnificence that can only be achieved by destruction or sacrifice. Finally in the center is Pixnaps a Dragon/Grass Type representing Color, Ambience and Life.

Cookies to those who can guess who these Pokemon were based on.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Pixami=Sami
Pixnaps=Snapdragon
And I guess Pixarex=you, RX. But I'm not too sure...

And all the little "Pix" Fakemon look so cute!! Katie also looks good, and recolored Sem fits Sem more.

Pixami looks so cute...

How easy...do I get my cookie....Loved them on the chat, love them here. And Pixarex is based upon yourself. THe others are based on Snaps and Pix right? But, very nice job on Katie...who's next...someone from 'Charms for sure, but who exactly...I know does anyone else know? And the pattern on Katie's jacket looks like the design on Stel's shirt...very suspicious...

Nice job either way RX. Keep it up.

Wow, these "frontier brains" are, amazing, I think they rock, totally, and all the people who's trainers you are drawing should be so happy that you are doing it.
They are soooo awesome, and I love the design you have for Pixami, can't wait to see the other brains, I'm looking forward to it. :)

Woot! More Sugimori art! Keep this up and I'll end up nicknaming you Sugimori X. *cough*

Yeah, I suck at nicknames.

Pixsnaps is my favourite Pix. :D

Oh and good for you for not making them mew clones, cus seriously, the Mesprit things are pointless.

Can't wait for more!!

~Slink

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
You know my thoughts on the Battle Frontier character, RX ^^ (MUST comment on it re: dA, though)

As for those fakemon, they're frelling awesome for sketches (nice and clean - you should color them =D). You're pretty good at Sugi poses, too. I'd say that out of the three my favourite is Pixnaps, but I am partial to cute dragony critters ^^

Aw, shucks. =p

The fakemon look great, RX. I really like the creative spin you put on the designs. Pixami's tail in particular looks pretty neat, but it goes without saying that Pixnaps is my favourite.

Very witty and I'm dying to see the next brain......Don't worry take your time, no pressure. Keep up the good work RX!

That Ditto going to regrow its missing limb anytime soon?

:o

POOR DITTO!

It's always getting used for breeding, nobody loves it for what it's truly great at.

Everyone else: But it's absolutely amazing for breeding!

... I know.. *sniff*

Such a great little comic, even if it was done in Paint. Good job. =3

Poor Ditto. The expression on its face... oh god, the poor thing. XD

Also, totally calling that last Brain as Doc. The hair gives it away. :p

Of course it's teh Doc. I don't know who else here has that type of hair for his/her character.

And why does Pikachu have to spit? Poor, POOR Ditto...

So that its DNA may be passed on to the cheeldrenz....

Also, since you're all so keen to know who they are, I may as well spoil you :]

The next silhouette on the list shall be0eth teh Figs.

After him, a certain Clinic Slave

Ending the line is The Good Doctor.

Know this, that there are many more peoples to come...

*stealthily points towards Hypotenuse Man and Shiny Eevee

So as always, stay tuned!

DoctorOakObjection.png

... oh... wait... shit, I just confirmed what you were saying, didn't I? Damnit.

Nice Job Doc, this was a surprise for everyone, not for you to announce it to the world, at least, that's what I think, dunno if Rocket_X has a different idea though. And I still say TBA will be the Clinic Slave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Pokecharms Day, people! Well, I wasn't really planning on anything special for the day, but somehow I managed to get off my butt and at the very least add another Frontier Brain...

silhcomplete4.png

Pyramid King Figs, kthx. Well, looks like we're all out of Frontier Facilities. Guess its time for me to come up with my own. Also, cookies for everyone for getting all the guesses right!

*Sets the cookie cannon to Rapid Fire

Mind you, they hurt if you don't catch them in your milk glasses :p

Very Nice RX. And the pink on Figs...is it the pink from what I think it is? Is it the pink from a Zangoose? Hehe, I can't wait to see who's next on the list or the name of the facility for that matter. Nice Job RX, I'm lovin the Frontier Brains.

I LOVE the Fronteir Brains! They are sooo awesome!
When you say guess, do you mean their names? Or both the name and the Facility?
Because then I'd say Pixeity, StellarWind, Dwayna Dragonfire, Snapdragon, Sem, and...I don't know the last 2, although you said Figs in the last post, but I don't know the username.
Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Awesome!

Someone will probably have to tell Figs about this, seeing as he is usually on the chat but is'nt very active xD

Seriously though, RX nice job.

~Slink

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hahah. Nice Figgles thar, RX. Zangoose shirt is both ftw and very suiting of Mr. Zangorro. I would totally wear one in real life XD

Just one thing is missing, RX... where's MAH -err, HIS CANE SWORD?! >=D

*Will definitely be checking out the full-sized image on dA :)*

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
*catches some cookies* *gets thwacked in the head with a gigantic cookie*

Wow, Figgie's looks so cool! But... your forgot his cane sword (as Linkachu kindly reminded me with her last post, thankies very muchly). I

Figs is amazing,as are the others RX.The usernames are,in order:
Pixeity,Stel,DwaynaDragonfire,Snapdragon,Sem,Linkachu,Figs,Hypotenuse Man(I called it >=O),and good ol Doctor Oak.*holds up cookie shield*

Status
Not open for further replies.