• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Artistic Contest!

Hi! I'm Yellow, and I'm holding an art contest. It isn't as simple as it seems, so let me break it down for you...

• There is something in particular that you need to draw.
  • There are rules about the contest
  • There isn't a certain style of art you need to use.
  • There is a prize for the three places

So, first bullet point. One of the main reasons I'm holding this contest, is because I need a cover for a story I'm writing on Quotev. I'll get right into the details of what I need. So, the story is a Pokemon story, based upon what would happen if a new character was added into the anime series. So, here's what I need...

I need Ash, Misty, and Brock, first of all (Kanto Styled Clothing). And then comes the new character. Her name is Laura. I'll describe what she looks like:

Laura has light skin, and brown eyes. Her hair is a bright yellowish blonde. It's quite long, and always pulled back into a high ponytail. Her body form is the same as any girl, so keep that in mind. She wears a blue sleeveless sweatshirt, not a zipper, a slip on, with pockets. She also wears khaki shorts, a deep tan color, with many pockets. Her shoes are black converse hightops.

Now, it doesn't matter what they're doing, how they're posed, or whatnot. But it does need to be PG.

Now the second bullet point. Yes, there are rules that need to be followed, and here they are...
  1. Do not criticize other peoples work. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself.
  2. Don't cheat. If you do, I'll find out.
  3. Don't steal other peoples works and pass it as your own. (Practically 2.)
  4. Have fun.
Then the third bullet point. There isn't any sort of art style you must use. You can draw it, sketch it, do some online art, paint, pastel, anything. It doesn't matter if you color it, or leave it black and white. Do what you please when it comes to the art style.

Finally, the fourth bullet point. I will be having three different places for different winners. Third place will get a shoutout in something of their choice, second place will get a Creative Corner work (done by me) of their choice, and first place winner will get anything of their choice (as long as its possible).

That being said, leave some information here about it. The main info I'm looking for, is what type of art style you'll be using. Then, I'll count your entry. Make sure to tag me in your work when it is completed, so I can judge it, and decide the winner. Thank you.

Last edited:
Um... Hello! I would also like to attempt to partake in this challenge (even though I don't have much experience drawing XD). Nevertheless, I'm still gonna give it a try. My art style is gonna be either drawing or sketching, and if it's in color or black and white depends on if I have the time.

Hey, I think I'll shut this down, since no one has drawn anything. Unless you were planning on doing it (Tell me if you were), I'll be closing it up. Thanks for participating.