• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Artemis Region Discussion

You may post character sheets and Bios here, or ask me question about the Region or Original Pokemon (Which won't actually appear in the RP for a long time, they will just be referenced frequently as part of the region's lore) Advice is welcome as I'm new to this site, but don't expect me to bend the lore I already have in place by much. Click here to return to the original post.

You must have a character and team listed before you may RP

ARTEMIS INFO:

This region is heavily influenced by Central Europe and the British Isles as far as scenery and structure go. There are Primarily Kalos and Shinoh Pokemon here with the exemption of anything tropical, and addition of some more ancient themed Pokemon (Golurk, Relicanth, ECT.)

The region is still broken into the 2 kingdoms, but the live in peace. They both have kings and royal families, but they mostly serve as a figurehead while the parliament makes most decisions. The borders are very lax and laws are almost identical on both sides, the only difference between the 2 is their history.

1715720c33.PNG

This is a map (A bad one but a map none the less) of the southwest portion of Artemis. I will expand the map as needed.

The Legendary Pokemon:
Aegias
(Steel/Fighting): Aegias is about 11 Feet tall and is clad in steel armor. He is very thick, but not quite fat. His face has a dragon like appearance, and he can speak. He has very high defense and special defense, and his special attack is "Shield Charge", which blocks all attacks then reflects them back out of his shield, (Including debuffs). His ability "Shield Bearer" grants a defense and special defense boost to all allies fighting by his side, and halves the damage from super effective moves. His attacks focus mostly on bashing and punching the enemy.

Gladios (Steel/Dragon): Gladios is about 9 & 1/2 feet tall and appears much more slim and speedy than his brother. He shares the dragon like appearance, and also wears armor. He carries a sword on his hip, which is as long as a human warrior is tall. His signature move is "Dragon Blade" which ignores any stat changes and type resistance (Which allows him to hit fairy types). His ability is "Sword Bearer" which boosts ally Attack and Special Attack, as well as boosting all of Gladios's Slashing and Cutting moves (Night Slash, Leaf Blade, ECT) Gladios has high attack and speed, but low defense. He can also speak human tongue.

Serenei (Water/Fairy): Serenei is the sister of the 2 more distinguished legendaries. She appears like a female human in a kimono with bluish-white skin. She has long blue hair and white feathers protruding from behind her ears. She always is seen levitating, and holding a magic flute. Her signature move is "Lullaby" which puts anyone that hears it to sleep, and restores them to health health (Like a Dark void/rest love child) She is more of a healer and supporter than a fighter, but learn strong moves like Moonblast and Psycic. Her ability is "Song Bearer" which calms those in her presence (Reduces Attack and Special attack of everything on the field) for a short time.

3 Legendary Beetles: They are known as Bringers of Civilization, and have the combined ability to provide the natural resources for starting a village or town. They rarely show themselves however, and stay mostly underground. Aquai (Water/Bug) can create underground water deposits, Ferrum (Steel/Bug) can create ore deposits, and Soli (Ground/Bug) can enrich the soil, causing plants to grow rapidly. Each has a "Third Type" provided by an ability (Much like Dhelmise) being Psychic, Fighting, and Dark respectively. These types reflect their behavior.

Character Bios:
Star
(Tired Hero): Star is a trainer from a distant region and has lived in Artemis for about 3 years. She turned 18 a few months ago, and is about 5'10" and has longish brown hair. She normally wears dark colored clothing. She once was a top Pokemon ranger, but after a horrible accident she was forced to solve she retired. She claims to be cursed, but tell none why she thinks this. She always looks and acts tired and emotionless, even in battle.
a6a2df4fe4.png

"The Goob" (Battle Royal Professional): "Goob" comes from a wealthy family in the Alola region, and is one of the top ranking Battlers in the Alolan Battle Royal League. He is about 17 and wears a black pinstripe shirt over white shorts. He met Star while on vacation to another region, and became good friends with her. Goob is charismatic and a bit goofy at times. He always travels with his Lurantis "Princess" which he adores and treats like his own daughter.
bdd9c2b648.png

Professor Hickory (Scientist and Treasure Hunter): Hickory does not look like the science type. He is about 40, and tall and muscular. He has a bushy brown beard and short hair, and normally wears clothing fit for an explorer. He is rarely in his lab, and often travels while collecting data.

More character Bios will be added as the characters become developed (Like the antagonist)

RULES: (generally I'll let anything slide, HOWEVER)
-Nothing absurd (Like being a human/kyoger hybrid, or having a stand with the power to spawn infinte kakuna)
-Try to keep violence at a mature level (There may be knives amd stuff involved, but a machete massecare is not kool)
-You may rp as a pokemon HOWEVER: No legendaries (Without asking and with good reason)
-Some form of bio or character sheet must be posted here before you start (If you do it on accident once I'll warn you, but after that I will ignore you until you do)
-If you slip up with tense or prespective I will probably ignore it, but try to correct yourself (I'm probably going to have to correct myself a lot too lol)
-If you start acting like an idiot, use excessivly stupid grammer, or act like a major asshole I will delete your comments, if it continues I will block you.
-Some sexual themes are ok (Having an relationship, kissing, any other normie shit) but anything graphic will be removes
-You cannot have any pokemon that are not listed in your team. You must list your team before you RP, not having a team is fine as long as you have some form of reason listed.
-Your Mons may have more than 4 moves, but be reasonable (Don't have tons of moves for type coverage, this is mostly for utility moves like Flash, Defog, and other moves of the sort. Try to keep to a max of 2 extra attacks if they don't serve a puropse like that)

Other than that, keep in mind I don't care if you swear a lot, I'm mature enough deal with that stuff, but if it gets to a level where it is getting annorying, I'll tell you to keep it down. Also, don't take anything my characters say personally. They do reflect parts of my thoughts and personality (Because I'm actively writing them) but they are not me. If one of them calls insults you or something of the sort, keep in mind these are not my thoughts.

Last edited:
Just a bit of advice actually have rules for the rp. Even though I can clearly see this is a trainer rp there is no rule against being a Pokemon for instance ( unless you don't mind that but that was the first example I could think of ).

I thought about it but was in a hurry just to get this stuff up, There's several things on this thread I've just fixed.

Just a bit of advice actually have rules for the rp. Even though I can clearly see this is a trainer rp there is no rule against being a Pokemon for instance ( unless you don't mind that but that was the first example I could think of ).

Last edited:
Name: Gabrielle Knight

Appearance:
Gabrielle has long, brown hair. She has a gray hoodie with a white tanktop under it. She has blue jeans with white foot flops. She stands at 5'1. She also has gray eyes.

Personality:
Gabrielle is shy and not very brave. Unlike her last name, bravery isn't seen in her soul. An honest conclusion to that may be the death of her brother, but that is a theory.

Team: (I'll change it if not allowed) Shieldawn (my region fakemon), Honedge, Skarmory.

Shieldawn.
Steel/Ghost.
The Haunted Shield Pokemon.
Shieldawn ->(Level 25) Hoploom -> (Dawn Stone) Protecterror.

Shieldawn are said to be a knight's spirit trapped in a shield. They're great companions and often duel with their rival, Honedge.

(Good?)

Last edited:
Yep, I like the idea for the origional mon too. It fits pretty well into the region.

Name: Gabrielle Knight

Appearance:
Gabrielle has long, brown hair. She has a gray hoodie with a white tanktop under it. She has blue jeans with white foot flops. She stands at 5'1. She also has gray eyes.

Personality:
Gabrielle is shy and not very brave. Unlike her last name, bravery isn't seen in her soul. An honest conclusion to that may be the death of her brother, but that is a theory.

Team: (I'll change it if not allowed) Shieldawn (my region fakemon), Doublade, Skarmory.

Shieldawn.
Steel/Ghost.
The Haunted Shield Pokemon.
Shieldawn ->(Level 25) Hoploom -> (Dawn Stone) Protecterror.

Shieldawn are said to be a knight's spirit trapped in a shield. They're great companions and often duel with their rival, Doublade.

(Good?)

Sorry for not getting this up earlier, but here it is now. I've also fixed my previous post; I had accidentally clicked post before putting in my character's bio or even finishing what I wanted to type.

Name: Marina
Appearance: Brown long sleeved shirt under a professional green vest. Wears combat boots and khakis. Brown hair in a ponytail, green eyes, while expression seems to always be angry.
Personality: A strict trainer, unfriendly to most people and mostly prefers the company of skilled trainers rather than people with weak/common pokemon.
Team: Meowstic, Luxray, Blaziken, Mightyena, Blastoise, Chesnaught

Last edited:
I've got an idea for a gym.

It will be the 3rd gym you battle.

Joltage City.
Gym: Electric
Gym Leader: DJ Jolt.
Pokemon: Jolteon (level 34), Vikavolt (level 33), Raichu (level 32)

I'm still deciding on the gyms, but there may be more or less than 8. I just finished the map (Which I've added above) There are Gyms in Whitepeak, Jacobi, Kiese and Whitebeach. I know Jacobi is Water and Whitepeak is normal.

I've got an idea for a gym.

It will be the 3rd gym you battle.

Joltage City.
Gym: Electric
Gym Leader: DJ Jolt.
Pokemon: Jolteon (level 34), Vikavolt (level 33), Raichu (level 32)