• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Arkanera, A Region Based on Arkansas: Help Thread (if you want to)

Neither will be! I honestly think it should be two evil teams! Both made by choices! Assuming that all settlers are bad is wrong! Just like assuming that all natives are good. People are people, thus everyone is grey. Here is a good compromise.

For years the settlers of Arkanera have been living in peace with the natives, forgetting the past acts against each other. Or so they thought. Some of the settlers decided that the natives needed to leave Arkenera and some of the natives believe that the settlers need to leave Arkenera. Both will fight over this and hurt many innocents from both sides. Your job is to stop both of them.

Yes, both strive to do the same this to each other. I honestly don't like it when everything is shown to be that the natives were all 'good and peacemaking' because that is just not true. I am not defending what we Americans did was right, but both should be shown to be a negative force

pluveon

Previously DreamyVictini
The settlers could be like the Aether Foundation. They have no real bad intentions, and there are many good people. But there are some "corruptions" in the team. The settlers could be just like that. Most of them are good people, who mean no harm. While some higher ranks and the leader could operate their evil plot.

And, another topic of discussion: Pokémon regions aren't just the real life place with monsters plastered onto it! There are bound to be changes to the history and lore behind the region!

Who needs logos! No, really, why would an at home project need logos?
On a side note, one of the legendaries will be a diamond dragon (Due to the Crater of Diamonds state park)

I was thinking that the legend would go like this: When Cargon's loses his scales, they become some of the hardest diamonds in the world. People used to gather at a diamond-rich spot just to catch a glimpse of this Dragon/Rock-type. However, nowadays people think he is just a myth

pluveon

Previously DreamyVictini
If the main legendary is a diamond dragon, what would the game's name be?
Just asking because I want to make a logo out of it ;w; (With Playful's permission, of course.)

*takes a light bulb out of his pocket, lights it and puts it on his head*
I_HAVE_AN_IDEA
You can do the settlers say something like "I am confusion. Why this is Kansas but this is not Arkansas? America, explain!" and then the natives get angry with them

What?! I honestly have no idea what you are talking about Umbreon...
The other legendary will be a forest spirit, kinda. It used to help make better harvests and repair any damages to the natural region... Still, don't know what animal to base it off of though. But it will be part grass type. For the name... IDK yet, let me think about it

How about we change that tiger (because they live in Asia, and while I offer more exceptions to legends, I won't have an Asian animal in what is supposed to be North America{Arkansas to be more precise}) into a jaguar... they used to live in North America, I believe this included Arkansas. That means the ghost typing would work

pluveon

Previously DreamyVictini
IMG_2854.PNG

Why did I immediately think of this
(This is Sylvanos from Rivals of Aether btw)

Still, I want original designs. We could get into trouble if we use that as a HUGE base... Inspiration is one thing, copying is another. That is something to keep in mind. Also I said to go with a jaguar...

Okay, finished. If you look at the tail, he has eyes, because he needs more visual quality if it's a guardian. The leaves of his mouth are in the lower lip. You can name it "Jaguardian" or "Jardian":
IMG_20190621_231425.jpg

IDK honestly. I want to surprise some people, so some finalized stuff will be kept to myself. I still need two bug lines, I have a crab planned, I have the cat and dog, I have the starter birds, umm, I really want to work on my new typing, Light.
I already have type some type effectiveness
Light Attacks are Strong Against
Dark, Poison, Ghost, Bug
Light Attacks are Weak Against
Steel, Grass, Water, Fire, Electric

Sounds good! I like that idea, and for Fairy, I will go with that...
Also, so then Light isn't a weakling type, what other types should Light be strong against? (I really want Light to be an endgame type)

Light is like sunlight... the light we see... That why it is strong against dark... PSYCHIC! Light is strong against psychic due to the fact you can see the strings in magic tricks if you use a light!