• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Arena Gladiators: Fight For Your Right

Sign up and Discussion Link https://pokecharms.com/threads/arena-gladiators.16094/

Jay leaned agaist the wall in pain, as Dahara wrapped the dirty bandage around his thigh.

"I told you not to pick a fight with that guy, especially with your match later today," Dahara nagged Jay as he squirmed. "I don't care that he insulted me, you shouldn't get yourself hurt before your match."

"You know how I am Dahara. You're my friend and I can't let anybody treat you like that." Jay said clenching his teeth.

They currently were in prison, in a futuristic society where power was the key to having a good life. A common sport was watching gladiators, prisoners with great battling ability, duke it out. Winners life's would improve in the prison, while it became hell for others.

Vince walked to the duo and helped Jay up. "You know too well you shouldn't start fights. Especially on a day like this," the elderly guard said.

"I know, so I've been told," Jay mumbled as Vince led Jay to a cafeteria table, where Jay sat down.

"They won't delay your match," Vince said to Jay.

"Yeah, I know. I'll just walk it off, it's only a scratch." Jay said showing a hint of fake confidence. Vince shook his head and walked away.

"Here, have this," Dahara said handing Jay a shiny red apple, a delicacy in the prison.

Jay took it with both hands and took a bite. "I'll win you two to pay you back," Jay said with a faint grin after he chewed and swallowed his bite.

Dahara blushed and looked at Jay with admiration. "You should smile more. It looks good on you." She squeaked feeling her voice a bit faint.

"You need to work with me, Mr. Waves." Ace Danger said, talking to the inmate. "I can't help you if you don't open up to me."
"Like I said... I have nothing to say." Bane Waves said, his back still to the wall. "You have somewhere to be, don't you? You're a guard, after all. Not a councilor."
"I'm the closest thing this prison has to one." Ace said. "And I don't have anywhere to be until my next shift starts. That's in two hours. But instead of going home, I come here to help you folks. You've done some wrong, and I'm going to reform you so you can do right again."
"You don't need to."
"I- What?"
"You don't need to reform me." Bane said. "Does it look like I'm a rowdy prisoner, cursing the state for throwing me in here? No. I'm serving my sentence like everyone should. I'm perfectly healthy both mentally and physically. I don't need counseling. If you're going to do this, I suggest you do it with someone else."
"I know you have regrets about your past." Ace said. "I need to know what that past is before I can help you forgive your-"
"Our session is done, Mr. Danger."

Raven was sitting up against the wall with nothing to do. She just looked around and constantly play with her tail. A couple of the prisoners made comments about how she weak she looks and she's just a pretty face, but she just ignored them. One time a male prisoner was hitting on her which got on her nerves, so she just punched him. Now she just continues to sit and do nothing.

Crystal Snow was sitting down, watching over the security cameras in the command center. She wasn't in charge, of course, but she had been assigned to monitor duty. She really didn't like this job, but someone had to do it. Why didn't she like it? Because it was BORING AS HELL. She sighed, tapping her foot. On one of the cameras, she saw Ace walking towards the command center. She opened the door, letting him in.
"How'd your psychiatry session go?"
"It's counseling, not psychiatry." Ace said, sitting down on one of the benches. "Sadly, I'm not making much progress with Bane. There's a major issue here, but I can't help him with it because he won't tell me about it."
"You really think a guy like that will open up to you about his personal life?" Crystal said. "Innocence and belief in the good in people is good and all, but someday you're going to have to wake up and see the real world."
"Wish I didn't have to."
"We all do- WHAT THE?!" Crystal looked at one of the monitors, seeing an injured guard getting taken by two others into the infirmary. "Ace? Can you take over monitor duty for me?"
"I guess?"
"Thanks." Crystal ran off to the infirmary.

Raven was still sitting against a wall and saw a Glaceon Gijinka running towards the direction of the infirmary. Raven noticed that her foot was in the way so she moved it to let the guard run by without tripping over. Meanwhile, a Kingler Gijinka was watching her, waiting for the right time to make his move.

Daniel sat in his cell. He picked another fight with Pri, and was extremely outmatched. Due to Pri's powerful voice, Daniel was thrown into the wall of his cell. Pri and Mel bandaged his shoulder. Pri patted his shoulder and looked into his eyes. The Primarina then muttered," Try that again and I'll mess you up more!" She slapped him on the sachets and smiled.

Mel glared at Pri and said," I'm glad your a guard, I would hate for you and Daniel to go toe-to-toe in the arena. I couldn't stand to watch you fight."

Pri looked at the Gardevoir Gijinka and scoffed," We wouldn't kill each other, ya' know that's against the protocol, And damn Daniel, I thought you had match today! You can't go picking fights with guards!"

Mel blushed and giggled like a thirteen year-old at the comment from Pri. Daniel sighed and said," Ya' know, I think I could take you, if my weapons weren't the arena!"

"Yeah right, like I'd ever let you throw a shuriken," Pri giggled with child like wonder. The cell was dark and damp, but did have some improvements due to Daniel winning a few fights. Daniel sat on the mattress of his cell.

Aliah had been finished with taking out the sharpened toothbrush out of her patient left arm, as she said to him while grabbing a needle with some medical thread, "Hey, can you hear me? I'm almost done treating you, I'm just going to suture your arm first."

The patient replied while resisting the urge to let off an ember, "Ugh... damn this hurts! That guy almost got me right in my c- chest..."

Aliah quickly stitched up the large laceration, as the patient fidgeted about from the slight pain that he experienced from the needle constantly poking in and out with the threads that adjoined the skin together. Aliah calmly said to the patient while opening a jar that contained a dormant, greenish gel, "Hey, come on... stay with me! It's almost over now, you'll be fine and back up on your feet in no time." She coated the sutured area with a thick layer of the antibiotic gel, as she snatched the bandages that were on the nearby table with the other medicinal tools. She unwrapped the bandages and swiftly wrapped them around the patient's arm for a snug fit. She cut off the rest after the correct amount was wrapped, as she quickly secured it with translucent tape.

The patient gave a vague smile and said to Aliah while she helped him up, "Augh... thanks N- Nursey... I wouldn't know what to do if you weren't here to help me out. Just be c- careful out t- there... o- okay?"

Aliah smiled while she helped the patient out of the room, as she saw two other people that came into the Infirmary! Her eyes widened to the sight of an injured guard that was with them, as he said to them in shock, "Oh my! Well, guess I've got another patient to treat huh? Bring him in, and help this other guy out. He's good to go, his right arm's fine now. I'll take care of the injured guard right away!"

"I'm just saying Copperhead, you should just let us take care of that snitch."
Copperhead stared across the cafeteria table at the Gijinka in front of him. The Ursaring was looking at him with an intensity in his eyes that Copperhead only saw on someone who wanted revenge. "You want to take revenge after he beat you in the arena last week, Yuri." The Toxicroak said in his rich, almost musical voice. Yuri's face paled slightly, and he responded, "I'm just tryna ge-"
Copperhead silenced him with a gesture, and he said, "Yuri, you know the plan just as well as I do. I fight in these gladiator battles and rise up here. Eventually the two of us are going to come face to face on the battlefield. Then and only then, is when Jay will be killed. Do I make myself clear?" Yuri nodded. "Good," Copperhead said.

Copperhead got up and began walking towards the trash cans with his tray. Fortunately for him, Jay and his friend were on the way. "Oops," Copperhead said in a bored voice, spilling the contents of his tray onto Jay's lap as he walked by.

"Watch it Nyko," Jay said angrily glaring at the Gijinka who spilled his tray. Sure most everyone in the prison, and the gang they had originated from, all called him Copperhead. Jay detested the nickname, almost as he detested the owner of the name. So he called Copperhead, by his real name, Nyko, which no one ever really did. It was more of a "I'm not afraid of you," mixed with a "I know who you are." But whatever the reason the young Gijinka used that name, whenever he could.

Jay kept his spot in his seat, not wanting to get up, and start a fight, again. He'd have a tough match soon, and fighting Nyko would be a fight to the finish. He didn't have time for that.

"I ain't do nothin," Copperhead said, cool and collected. He wouldn't give Jay the satisfaction of a reaction from his real name. The Toxicroak leaned in close, claws out ever so slightly. "Just remember Jay. Snitches get stitches." The last words from Copperhead's mouth were more like a growl the a calm statement. Copperhead continued on his way to the cans, dropping his tray off and stalking back to his decked out cell.

The Kingler Gijinka that was staring at Raven got up and walk towards her to make his move. "Hey there cutie," the Kingler said to her. Raven just turned her head away to ignore. "Come on now, no need to be so cold," he said and brought her face to his by holding her chin with his hand, "What do you say we go get something to drink." The Kingler was getting on Raven's nerves. She grabbed the Kingler's hand tightly. "Don't.... ever....touch me..." she said and electrified the Kingler, which sent him flying and knocked him out.

"You okay? What did he whisper to you?' Dahara asked Jay handing him a napkin. Jay wiped himself off before looking at her.

"Nothing, he's just a jerk," Jay lied. He didn't want Dahara aught up in his problems. They were his alone to deal with.

Daniel stood up off the mattress and said," I'll go get us some food, The Gladiators aren't exactly the nicest bunch." Daniel brushed himself off and wondered out of the cell.

Mel followed his remarks by saying," You'll fit right in!" She laughed a bit at her own joke. She sat on the ground and looked at Pri, waiting for her response.

Pri chuckled a little and said," Ouchhh! Roasted." She walked to the door and said," well, sorry, Mel, I gotta go back to being a guard, better follow that rascal." Pri winked as she left and took of down the hall to follow Daniel. Mel layed on the mattress and put her hands to here chest and looked at the ceiling. She thought to herself,Ahhh, she's so dreamy.

Daniel entered the mess hall and could instantly feel the tension. He walked up and got his food. He watched a Kingler and a Raichu Gijinka's small, brief fight. Daniel dropped his food and walked over to The Raichu and said," Hoi, Water -Types can be such freaks." The Greninja Gijinka stook out his hand as he scoffed," I'm Daniel, what's your name." Pri followed Daniel into the Lunch room and stood behind him, silently listening to what he was saying.

Raven looked up to see the Greninja offer a handshake. However, she turned her head away from Daniel just like she did with the Kingler. She wasn't interested in making any friends in this prison. For all she knew, this Greninja could be just like the other inmates.

Pri put her hand on Daniel's shoulder and whispered," Rejected!" Daniel turned and punched Pri in the shoulder. Daniel knew the why she turned away and said," Hey, I live with girls, I don't mean any harm, but, if your a gladiator, of course I do, because I'm supposed to." Pri could tel, Daniels tone and she grew red and clenched her fist. She knew that Daniel was trying to find other friends. "Am I not good enough." Pri pouted quietly. Daniel turned back to Pri and said," Wow, you think that I'll I do is chase after girls , Huh, well, I'm just trying to make friends. We don't need to let Melody ever be alone in this hell-hole, she won't make it fifteen minutes without someone to make sure she's safe."

Raven looked at the two argue from the corner of her eye. Even though they were arguing, they weren't arguing as enemies, they were arguing as friends. This is the first time she saw this attribute in this prison. Maybe she can trust Daniel. For now at least. She extended her hand towards Daniel slowly. "The name's Raven," she said in a serious tone.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!" Crystal shouted, barging into the infirmary. She saw a wounded guard being treated by Allah, and went over. "Who did this?" She asked.
"Don't tell her." Ace said over the PDA in the infirmary.

Music played in the distance as the commentators took their spots. "Good afternoon, and now we have our next match, that will begin in 10 minutes. The hotshot, Jay, against one of the most feared gladiator, Axel!" The first commentator said, getting a loud roar from the eager crowd.

"Jay has been rising up in the ranks, but for this match, he was challenged by Axel. It seems the psycho wants to put the newbie in his place," the second commentator said, "So this will be an interesting matchup."

Meanwhile Vince led Jay into the waiting room. Jay could, hear the cheers of the crowd. They were ready for a fight. "Are you sure your up for this. It's Axel, he's the most insane of all inmates here." Vince asked Jay, who was currently rubbing his hands against his black bo staff.

"Vince, I need to do this. Winning does matter at this point, but surviving with only a scrape. I aim to win, but I'll accept defeat with pride, unlike the majority of the fights people have with his guy."
Jay said.

"Everyone will see the match in the Prison. They'll let everyone in the courtyard and show it on the big TV. They always do. So make a show," Vince said giving a nod, walking towards the door. "I admire your spunk kid. Be you, no matter what they say."

"Thanks coach," Jay said giving a nod, as the elderly guard left.

Ace was starting to regret taking monitor duty. He saw that some of the normally blank screens were changing. "Huh. Looks like a match is about to start- JAY VERSUS AXEL?! Holy heck! Well, as sick as it is I guess this IS the best part of being on monitor duty... and it is designed so that if anything happens it alerts me what screen it's on." Ace stretched back in his seat.

Copperhead swaggered through the corridors leading to the arena. Time to see whether that idiot actually has any skill, he thought as he walked. Copperhead walked into the spectator's area of the arena and sat down in a seat near a few of his cronies. If anything happened, Copperhead knew that the Ursaring, Hakamo-o, and Sandslash would have his back.

" Well then, Raven, it's pleasure to meet you, You remind me of someone I know, She happens to be in this prison," Danil exclaimed. He put his hands in his pockets and started to whistle. After a minute, Daniel looked back at Raven and said," Would you like to meet her, She's awfully frail, and I'm only here to rate this her."

Pri put her hand on her hand on Daniel's shoulder and said," She's the reason I became a guard, We care about her to much to see anything bad happen to her. "

Raven look at the two Gijinkas and thought about it for a bit. She stood up and looked at them again. "Sure, whatever," she said, still maintaining her serious tone, "Not like there's anything else to do here."

"The way you handled that Kinglar, reminded me of myself protecting her, C'mon let's get going," Daniel gestured at the Raichu as turned and walked out of the cafeteria.

Pri followed Daniel, flaunting herself as much as possible to bother Daniel. The pair entered the hall, and started of towards Daniel's cell. The hall was empty, and the sounds of the arena fight echoed throughout the halls.

Raven stayed silent as Daniel made his comment and followed him with her hands in her pocket. She looked around the halls as she walked and sees how empty it is.

Jay entered stadium proudly. In his right hand, he tightly clutched his bo staff, while with his left hand, he gave a half-hearted wave to the roaring crowd. The tension in the arena was high, everyone viewing knew this. But question was on every man, woman, and child's mind, "How would this newcomer stand up to the psycho, Axel?"

In an array of fireworks, which was one of the perks of being one of the most powerful fighters, Axel took the arena by storm. The crowd erupted in a frenzy, which consisted of boos and cheers, as most fans had mixed feelings for this ruthless warrior. While draped in his olive green clothing, Axel raised his dual bladed axe into the air, signaling silence. "My name is Axel, and I'm sure you all know that. I'm here, to show this punk that only the strongest gladiators are allowed to compete on my stage." When Axel lowered his axe, the crowd erupted in a frenzy of cheers. Soon a chant broke out amoung the crowd. "Bring the pain! Bring down the axe!" Axel basked in this cheering before turning to glare at Jay. "I'm going to make your life in the joint a living hell," he mouthed harshly.

Jay stood his ground, at this entire spectacle. Axel was a crowd pleaser. He had the support of the crowd, which for a lot of matches Axel fought in, was the deciding factor. Jay gripped his staff tighter and took his battle ready stance. He would need to shut this guy up.

Axel noticed and gave a dark grin. He tossed his axe into the air, where it did a few spins before Axel caught it, with the very same hand, in which had thrown it. Then Axel took his stance with his axe over his shoulder, nonchalantly. "It'll be an easy match up." Axel thought, while showing his sharp teeth in the grin.

Daniel proceeded to the cell and entered it.Melody was taking a nap on the mattress, when he walked in He shook Melody awake and smiled at her. He looked around and said," Hey, Mel, you alright, I have my battle next after the current battle, but Pri's gonna watch over you, there's someone like me I want you to meet."

Melody sat up and looked at Pri as she entered, upon entering, Melody blushed a Pri, and said," But wait, doesn't she have guard duty?"

Pri smiled and and exclaimed," To hell with the guard system, I can just get thrown in prison if I get fired!"

Raven entered the cell and watched the three as they talked. She just stood there with her hands still in her pockets, waiting for Daniel to introduce her to Melody.

"Well, Raven this is Melody, Melody, this is Raven, I brought you here Raven, to ask a favor of you, will you please watch over Melody while I'm in my battle?" Daniel sated as he wandered around the room with his hand resting on his back at 90 degree angle. Pri listened intentfully for Raven's response. Melody just laid back down and yawned"Oh, OK."

Raven gave a sigh and turned her head away. "Sure, whatever," she replied as she crossed her arms, "Not like there are other things to do anyway."

"That's the spirit!" Daniel exclaimed as he jogged out of the room. He sprinted down the hall to his guard escort from the prison to the arena. The ride was bumpy, but relatively short. The Guards unchained him and locked him in room. the room was empty, except for a table with 3 dozen shuriken.

Pri looked at Raven and glared at her,"If you do damn thing to her, i will rain on you like downfall from the primordial sea ability."Pri then turned and walked out of the cell to continue her patrols.

Melody jolted up when the others left looked at Raven and smiled," Nice to meet you!"

"Yeah....nice to meet you too....I guess," Raven said in her serious tone as she sat down up against the wall. She had nothing to do so that's the only reason she agreed to this.

Jay stood firm, as Axel rushed forward with his axe in the air for a strike. At the last minute, Jay gripped his staff with his left hand, twisted the staff upward with both hands, to block the strike, sending a shockwave through the arena.

Axel wasted no time to counter this. With his left leg, he swept Jay off his feet, but not in the romantic way. Jay crashed into the ground, and lost his grip on his bo staff, which rolled away. Axel swung and aimed a fist towards Jay's head. Jay twisted his head to the right, to avoid the hit. Axel's fist hit the dirt, making a crater.

Jay glared at Axel before releasing a surge of electricity from his body, that migrated towards his fist. He swung up, socking Axel in the gut with a Thunder Punch. Instead of showing pain, Axel gave a smile. "I've been through enough shock treatments, to make your attack feel useless." Axel then grappled at Jay's throat, and stood up dangling the young Gijinka above the ground by his neck. He threw Jay across the arena, who hit the ground with a loud thud.

Copperhead leaned against the guard rail, enthralled with the battle. "Heh," he chuckled, watching Jay get the crud beaten out of him. I just might have to have a word with this Axel guy after the match, he thought.

Jay, had luckily, landed next to his staff. Jay stood up. From the left corner of his mouth, a trail of blood had apeared. He spun his staff in his right hand and grinned. "You think, I'm gonna let you beat me that easily. Now, it's time for some payback." Jay charged at Axel, with his staff ready to strike. In mid-air Jay swung, aiming for Axel's head.

"Too slow," Axel said catching the staff with the top half of the blade of his axe. Axel added pressure, to his axe, to try to knock Jay off his balance.

Jay grinned. "Maybe this was planned," he said. In a swift motion, he twisted his staff, in a way to knock away the axe, and slam the bottom end of his staff into Axel's kneecap. Axel took a knee, and breathed heavy. "And now for and encore." Jay said. Then his staff became surronded in electricity, and shocked Axel, due to one end's tip, touching Axel's boot. "Those aren't rubber, are they? I hope not," Jay said grinning, as Axel was surronded by electricity.

Jay jumped back, and spun his staff for extra show. "C'mon, I thought, you were a champ, this is?" He taunted. He was feeling good about this. Well, until he heard Axel's laughter.

Axel stood up, while laughing maniacally. "You think, you can hurt me with a move like that," he said, walking over to pick up his axe. "Now I'm done playing around with you kid." With insane speed, Axel quickly covered the ground in between them, and rapidly slashed at Jay. Jay, didn't have a chance to respond, as he was slashed over and over again. Then in a quick, final smash, Axel, knocked Jay away, winning the fight, and leaving Jay severely injured.

Last edited:
"Ah, crap." Ace said. "Another win for the psycho. I was half rooting for the kid, too. Wonder if Crystal's done with things in the infirmary yet? They're going to have another patient soon, anyways."
(@Charlespark please respond. I need you to before Crystal can do anything.)

Everything was a blur for Jay. His vision was clouded and his body felt weak. He felt not pain, from the blood oozing out from his chest due to shock. As he lay there, he saw Axel walk away triumphantly while guards rushed towards Jay. As they got closer, Jay made out Vince's face before succumbing to the darkness.

Dahara stood over Jay, as he lay in the bed. His chest was wrapped in bandages, and he looked weak and tired. Currently the Gladiator was unconscious, and tears had begun to well up in Dahara's eyes. "What was that big idiot thinking," she mumbled softly.

Raven looked outside the cell and saw some guards transporting an severely injured Gladiator. She instantly remembered the battle that already just went down and instantly knew that it was Jay. 'Poor guy,' she thought to herself, 'He never stood a chance.'

Melody stood up and said," I hope that's not Daniel, when did just have a battle!" She sprinted towards the cell wall and said," Oh, it's just some guy I don't know. Do you kno who he is?" Mel prodded at Raven.

Daniel grabbed the shuriken and entered the arena entry as Jay was teleported out the Arena. His opponent was a stout Metagross Gijinka with claws placed on his arm. Daniel was 6 foot three, and he still felt minuscule at the site of him. The arena gun exploded and the battle commenced. Daniel darted in front of the Gijinka and and said," Gee, you look like a Purrugly that got ran over. " The Metagross was enraged and slammed at Daniel, Who swiftly dodged and threw three shuriken at the beast if Gijinka. One of the shuriken embedded into the Metagross's skin, while the other two bounced of. "Dammit!" Daniel exclaimed as the Metagross grew enraged and chucked him across the arena. Daniel crashed into the wall of the otherside and collapsed.

Raven looked up at Melody when she finished talking and then turned away. "No," she replied to her, "You don't get out of this cell much do you?" She was a bit surprised that Melody doesn't know about the fight between Jay and Axel, which was the talk of the town in the prison.