• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Are you a morning person?

Typical morning when you wake up

• Hop out of bed ready to face the day!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's morning. I'm awake. No point to lay in bed.

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Hit the snooze button repeatedly until it breaks

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Drag yourself out of bed like a zombie despite wanting more sleep

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • What is morning? I wake up in the afternoon/evening!

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This topic has been brought to you by thoughts such as "Oh gods, it's morning already? Why does this hour exist?"

(Darn puppy woke me up at 5:30 AM again and continued to play, loudly, well past 6 AM ;_;)

So yeah, pretty much self-explanatory but feel free to vote in the poll if you like. Would you consider yourself a morning person? If not, what sort of routines do you usually have when waking up and/or what do you typically do in order to wake yourself up? I'm assuming that much coffee might be involved for certain people...

Personally, I think I'd still fall into the category of a "morning person" but since I don't sleep that well in general I'm typically fairly zombie-ish most mornings until having been awake for an hour or so. However, I can hop out of bed fairly quickly when necessary and don't drink coffee. Never liked the taste of the stuff. xp

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I adamantly believe that there's got to be a better way to start a day than waking up in the morning. I do not understand morning people - never have, never will.

I'd call myself a night owl but honestly my sleep schedule is so goddamn random I'm not sure WHAT I am anymore. I do know I deeply dislike mornings, though. XP

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I do not like mornings. I want to like mornings but they just don't agree with me so I'll often get up like a zombie and whine about more sleep. :p

I'm likely to hit the snooze button a lot as well... Getting up at 6 on Saturday for something and that shall kill me. Do not like mornings.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I want to be a morning person and most of the times I am. For me it comes down to motivation. I jump out of bed much easier when I know something fun is going to happen like going to work or Otakon. I also have no trouble getting out of bed when summoned. If however it's my day off and nothing of interest is going on, I'll be more inclined to turn my alarm off and sleep another 2-4 hours.

To be honest, I've never been a morning person on the weekends, because that is my "screw everything and everybody I need my sleep as of now go away or I will hurt you" time.

However, it's a completely different scenario on the weekdays, since I have school and all, if I let myself become a zombie in the morning, I won't be able to focus on anything throughout the entire day. :p

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Under normal circumstances, as in if I go to bed at a normal hour and I'm not on lack of sleep, I'm a morning person. I don't exactly get excited about the day but I'm much more energetic amd pleasant in the mornings than I am in the evening. My piano teacher discovered this when she moved ny classes from evening to morning, and was surprised by how nice I was. XD Most of my friends also find my morningness annoying; as such, whenever we go on vacation together I always have the job of waking everyone up.

voidaquariums

Formerly Luxray901
Mornings? No. Oh, god, no.
I'm basically an insomniac, so when I get -any- sleep, I end up waking up an hour later.
Buuuut occasionally I sleep like a log (but then waken up at 6:00am to go to school).

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I think I'm forced to wake up in the morning; probably because my messed up schedule in life. If you count watching the sun rise while sitting on the train fun, then I guess I am a morning person.
I usually get up groaning and get out of bed at approximately 6AM, as I usually sleep at what I consider a late hour, which is about 9-11PM.
I usually get myself something sugary to wake me up, well, anything but coffee. I can't stand that stuff. I'm probably the person who would drink milkshakes at 6AM~

I'm a morning person by necessity. Have to be at work by 7 AM and it's a half-hour drive, so I'm up between 5 and 5:30. Fun times! Can't do coffee to wake me up either; caffeine makes me too jittery. I got used to it during college though, so it's no big deal.

I'm a night owl. Even if I have 8 am class I would go to bed at 1 am. but if I'm on break or the weekend I would sleep until 11 am-1pm

Last edited:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Mornings are the devil and I loathe them so. However, since I've moved out I find that often I have to be a lot more willing to just get up earlier than I'd like. Stuff to do and all :V

Much as I would say I'm a night owl by nature, I don't find it too hard to get up. I can wake up and get up more or less straight away, which in the past would have involved many more alarms being ignored and set again for a later time before I'd finally surface. Currently my boyfriend starts work at 6am four days of the week, so I get woken by his first alarm at 04:30, but thankfully the power of sleep is strong in me still and I can easily fall asleep again once he's said bye :)

I think I enjoy evenings most. There's nothing like having a nice evening in after a busy day, curled up under and blanket with a cup of tea, some tasty snacks, a good film and great company. But as far as mornings go, they're for stumbling around with squinty eyes looking for the teabags.

I hate waking up early. Mornings can go burn, in my humble opinion. I do if I must, but I am definitely drinking a pot of coffee, as I am not a morning person. Usually, I wake up around noon or one PM if I can get away with it, going to bed around one or two in the morning.

I work a 12hr night shift, so I go to bed at 9ish in the morning and wake up at 4:30 in the afternoon. Even on my nights off. It's the only way I can keep my sleep straight and not feel like hell going into work. Many people don't understand why I do it that way, but I do find stuff to do on my nights off (work out, dishes, laundry, whatever). I also do not drink coffee- can't stand the stuff. But I can function without a waker-upper anyway. I also cannot tolerate waiting around for work. I have to wake up just a little before I have to leave for work, otherwise I get anxious and I want to start doing something, only I don't have time to finish it (and I don't like leaving stuff unfinished).

The only thing that bothers me about working nights is when the planting/growing season starts. I never seem to have enough time to get the plants and trees trimmed and plant all the vegetables I want, not to mention all the other outdoor projects I want to do.

But all things considered, I love working nights.:)

Last edited:
I have no problem to wake me up at the morning, but I am usually awake at night time.

Maybe because I don't eat ֆվ†₺

I work almost every night - and a few occasions all of the morning - so I'm wide awake, I have to take my 8 hours of sleep in the evenings.

pokeman266

2015 Singles Champion
As soon as I wake up, I get out of bed. I always find it hard to keep my eyes open for the first hour or so though.

As I have to get up every morning at 5:30 for school, I do not have a high opinion of mornings. The fact that I'm so behind on sleep that I can only half-function does not help matters. Basically, I grudgingly acknowledge mornings while sincerely wishing that they would be most considerate and f&%k off.

Alas, as much as I want to enjoy the warmth and comfort of my bed in the morning, I have to at the school by 7:00. So..... >=O

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
I used to be unaware of what a "morning" was but lately, I've been able to get my sleeping
pattern in a good enough way that I'm enjoying and appreciating every morning that I wake up. ^^

I'm both a morning person and a night owl, if that makes sense.

Getting up early in the morning and being able to relax with a nice cup of coffee, a little something to eat and the morning sun shining through the window feels pretty great.

I also like being up late at night when things are quiet and the street lights shine a softer light into my room. Nighttime has a feeling a peace/tranquility that daytime just doesn't normally bring.