• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Are you a kid or a squid? (Splatoon Discussion)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
(Had to. :p)
I've only owned my own copy of Splatoon for about a week now but I've loved what I've played of the game. I'm wondering who else is currently playing it, what your current rank is, what your favourite weapon(s) is/are, and so forth. Any general Splatoon discussion, such as upcoming updates and features, can fit in this thread as well. ^^

After finishing a session of Turf Wars tonight I've hit rank 9 with 3845/10000 points towards rank 10. My weapon of choice at the moment is the Krak-On Splat Roller because the Kraken special ability is awesome and I love it. ♥ I've tried a variety of weapons thus far and I've found that either the rollers or rapid firing guns tend to be my favourites to use. I'm not much for sniper or slow charging guns and didn't really enjoy how the inkbrush worked.

I've played a bit of the single player campaign but only about 5-6 stages. I also have an Inkling Boy Amiibo but have yet to try it out. It's safe to say that the majority of my Splatoon time has been spent online battling. Can't wait for the big update to land in August. It can only get better from here!

Well my brothers bought the game and beat the single player story a while ago but I've read so many good reviews and seen so many good artworks that I've tried it a couple of weeks ago and I love it! Unfortunately, I can only play on weekends when I go back home...
Right now I am level 11 or 12 (can't remember), and I really like the Krak-On Splat Roller because I like painting the floor completely, it has to be perfect... also, the Kraken is great!

I am hopefully getting splatoon for my birthday (Monday)! I have watched many lets plays and it looks amazing. It's also a neat novelty because it's one of nintendos first "Shooters". Can't wait to get my grubby little tentacles on it.

I want a WII U and Splatoon but I would want to try the Splat Roller and I will update when I get it and how I feel about it :)

This game is definitely worth it, and I prefer the Roller myself x) Right now I'm level 20 so I've unlocked all the different types of Rollers so far, but I still use the Krak-On Splat Roller (the second one you can unlock) ^^
Good luck on getting the game and please do tell us how you feel about the game (and the Roller!) ^^

I've beaten the entire story mode and my Inkling boy amiibo challenges. I'm level 42 at the moment and I main a lot of the underrated weapons (Bamboozler 14 MK II, Sploosh-o-matic, etc)

I recommend new players try to use weapons that you don't see in everyday Regular or Ranked. For example, the L-3 Nozzlenose is a beast but not to many players use it because it's Semi-Automatic.

So... I got the Super Splat bundle (Super smash bros and Splatoon) and I am addicted to it, I'm Level 3 and I have the Splat roller :p
All around its a good game and the Graphics are amazing..(coming from a person who has had a Wii for about Seven years of his life..)