• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Aracelis Academy Discussion Thread

Name: Flint Kapkan
Hometown: Redrock city
Favorite Color: Black
Height: 5ft 11
Weight: 12 stones/ 76 kg
Hair: Black, short on both sides but longer and more spikey hairs make his fringe and the main head of hair.
Eyes: Brown, a few flecks of green in them.
Clothing: A long, thick and black coat that possess a high collar that goes almost to Flints chin is worn at most times. Beneath this a more vibrantly coloured selection of shirts are worn, normally blue or red in colour. Dark jeans are a must unless the weather forbids it and in that case he will be found sporting a pair of dark blue shorts.
Identifying Marks: None.
Musculature: More toned than your average joe due to helping his father out in the mines.
Personality: Honestly Flint can come across as a bit of a jerk if you dont take anything he says with a pinch of salt. The boy has a particular way of talking that just seems to rub certain people up the wrong way and honestly he couldn't care less. Renown amongst his peers for pulling pranks and having a rather diabolical sense of humour, Flint will find a way to laugh at the worst of situations. If you can break past this outer shell however you will see that Flint isn't quite what he may seem at first. He is intensily loyal to any friends he has actually acquired and despite the fact he will constantly make jokes about them he really does care.
Skills: Worked in a mine with his father till he joined the academy so he can dig a hole if that counts for anything. His ability to pull of successful pranks is one of his favourite skills, he utilizes it whenever the chance shows up. Due to his mother being Redstones gym leader he actually has a decent knowledge of how battles work.
Past: Flint has had a very basic life. he went to school till he was 12 before being kicked out for a fight with another student that he swears wasn't his fault. From then on he went to work with his father, learning to take the treasures that the earth so lovingly raised. His father was indeed delighted to see his son following in his footsteps and encouraged him too pursue mining as his future career. Flint would pretend to be interested but in all honesty it was his mother he looked up to. A Gym leader! He had always dreamed of running his own gym, ever since he first saw her battling, her rock types were nigh unbeatable just like her spirit. And so after years of pestering his parents here he was, now finally at a Pokémon academy.
Family: Maria Kapkan (Mother), George Kapkan (Father) and Eleanor (little sister)
Love Relationships: He had a girlfriend back at his old school but she blanked him after he was kicked out.
Pokemon: Cheshire the Shuppet, Male, Cursed body, has the potential to mega evolve eventually.
Cheshire, just like his partner, is a bit of a prankster. A mischievous smile adorns his face a lot of the time, leaving those around hm wandering just what it was that the tiny ghost had done this time. Rather lax in battle and confident of its own power, Cheshire has no problems with ending up on the battlefield. A close knit bond has already begun to grow between Pokémon and trainer with Cheshire and Flint.

Name: Flame Larse
Hometown: Cerulean City
Favorite Color: Red
Height: 5'5
Weight: 110 pounds
Hair: Black tends to have it stand up a bit
Eyes: Dark Brown
Clothing: A burgundy hoodie, light greenish shirt, blue jeans, and black running shoes.
Identifying Marks: None
Musculature: Avarage
Personality: He is a bit shy at first but once he is adjusted, he can be kind, supportive, and dependable.
Skills: None
Past: He didn't have many friends growing up, and he used to get teased by his big brother because he had a lot of Pokemon and Flame had none. Until his fourteenth birthday which he got an egg, and turned out to be a Pichu. Now for the past year he has a desire to hunt down and catch or at least befriend Mew after seeing it once on the Nugget Bridge.
Family: Stan Larse (Dad) a Pokemon researcher, Sara Larse (Mom) a florist, and Paul Larse (Brother) a Pokemon Trainer
Love Relationships?: He had a crush on the Cerulean City gym leader Misty but that was pretty much it.
Pokemon: Home: Pikachu and Chikorita. Academy: Zorua

Last edited:
Name: Flame Larse
Hometown: Cerulean City
Favorite Color: Red
Height: 5'5
Weight: 110 pounds
Hair: Black tends to have it stand up a bit
Eyes: Dark Brown
Clothing: A burgundy hoodie, light greenish shirt, blue jeans, and black running shoes.
Musculature: Avarage
Personality: He is a bit shy at first but once he is adjusted, he can be kind, supportive, and dependable.
Skills: None
Past: He didn't have many friends growing up, and he used to get teased by his big brother because he had a lot of Pokemon and Flame had none. Until his fourteenth birthday which he got an egg, and turned out to be a Pichu. Now for the past year he has a desire to hunt down and catch or at least befriend Mew after seeing it once on the Nugget Bridge.
Family: Stan Larse (Dad), Sara Larse (Mom), and Paul Larse (Brother)
Love Relationships?: He had a crush on the Cerulean City gym leader Misty but that was pretty much it.
Pokemon: Home: Pikachu and Chikorita. Academy: Zorua
I swear I haven't been in any kind of casual roleplay yet without somebody having a Zorua XD Apparently its more popular than I give it credit for.

All firm choices in my opinion, Sceptile and Serperior are both badass. Although Zorark is as well in its defence. Im curious though, what makes Zorua the perfect patner Pokémon for Flame?
Maybe because he wanted a Zorua or because that Zorua might help him at his time in the academy.

Oh of course, I plan to have my lil shuppet be a master of status effects. And the fact that currently He is entirely immune to scratch (the only move most level 5's know.) will certainly be of help :p

By the way you should be good to go on actually posting in the rp, its "Open" meaning that there are no requirements to join unless the owner meant to put it on "Ask to join" :)

Well, when push comes to shove, he's gonna get his non-existent booty kicked by a certain Psychic/Fairy type.
Oh most certainly, poor lil Cheshire. But at this stage the battle actually sways in his favour due to move sets and typing! Confusion is neutral damage, and Shuppet has naturally decent special defence. Knock off is also neautral on Ralts but alas ralts has rather shabby defence, espically after screech. But of course it all comes down to what we decide at the time :) Im happy to lose battles, im no sore loser

Same here. And to be honest, I was planning to have Drake be a little battle-shy in the beginning, always coming up with excuses to avoid them.
Awh poor Drake XD Actually im glad you decided to play a shy character, it makes for a more interesting group of characters to interact with as a whole :)

Awh poor Drake XD Actually im glad you decided to play a shy character, it makes for a more interesting group of characters to interact with as a whole :)
Yeah, I have a certain affinity towards softspoken and generally nice characters, though some tend to have a much more fiercer, motherly/protective side to them, heheh.

Yeah, I have a certain affinity towards softspoken and generally nice characters, though some tend to have a much more fiercer, motherly/protective side to them, heheh.
I can't wait to see it coming out in Drake as this RP goes on. Just got to wait and see what our RP overlord has in store (I forgot his name, the combination of letters and numbers is a lil tricky to remember)

According to sight rules yes.
And @Novosel, no problem with you hitting that move but 100% accuracy doesn't translate to never missing in roleplay. Unless its a move like swift that can literally never miss. But hey no problems here with that hitting regardless, just a little heads up :)

Name: Dennis BlackFeather
Hometown: Black City
Weight: 93 Lbs
Height: 5'2"
Hair: Black Cyan
Eyes: Black
Clothing: Tuxedo shirt, Orange pants, Black boots, White gloves.
Personality: Quiet, Lonely, Clever, Smart.
Skills: Expert developing machines, fixing stuff, fast dodger,
Past: His childhood wasn't that good, he was always bullied because he was the smartest of his class, One day he got tired of being the bullied one so he decided to take advantage of his mind to build his favorite Zubat wings, Everybody became greedy for Dennis's invention, but as the time went Dennis knew he couldn't trust anybody rather that his parents, Dennis wasn't the happy cheerful child he used to be...
Family: Betty BlackFeather (mother) Stanley Minch (father) Lilly MinchFeather (Sister) Wess Black (Grandpa) Lisa Feather (Grandma)
Love Relationships(?): None, he fears about loosing a crush on somebody.
Pokemon:

Species: Porygon
Nickname: Alpha
Ability: Download
Hidden Power: None
Special Features: Yellow eyes, Black pupils (Just like Porygon-Z's eyes)
History/Personality: Porygon is clever, smart, and genius too, He might look adorable but there are times when he goes serious and aggressive, he could do ANYTHING to protect Dennis, When Dennis was 6 years old, he met a lonely abandoned Porygon Dennis and his Parents agreed to take care of him, as time went on Porygon became Dennis's best friend, Porygon also helps Dennis to develop intersesting stuff.
Other: None

I know my OC is a bit dark but... I always thought there has to be a dark one in every School RP, I hope i can RP with you guys.

Last edited:
Name: Dennis BlackFeather
Hometown: Black City
Weight: 93 Lbs
Height: 5'2"
Hair: Black Cyan
Eyes: Black
Clothing: Tuxedo shirt, Orange pants, Black boots, White gloves.
Personality: Quiet, Lonely, Clever, Smart.
Skills: Expert developing machines, fixing stuff, fast dodger,
Past: His childhood wasn't that good, he was always bullied because he was the smartest of his class, One day he got tired of being the bullied one so he decided to take advantage of his mind to build his favorite Zubat wings, Everybody became greedy for Dennis's invention, but as the time went Dennis knew he couldn't trust anybody rather that his parents, Dennis wasn't the happy cheerful child he used to be...
Family: Betty BlackFeather (mother) Stanley Minch (father) Lilly MinchFeather (Sister) Wess Black (Grandpa) Lisa Feather (Grandma)
Love Relationships(?): None, he fears about loosing a crush on somebody.
Pokemon:

Species: Porygon-Z
Nickname: Alpha
Ability: Download
Hidden Power: None
Special Features: Large, dark-blue eyes
History/Personality: Porygon-Z is clever, smart, and genois too, He might look adorable but there are times when he goes serious and aggressive, he could do ANYTHING to protect Dennis, When Dennis was 6 years old, he met a lonely abandoned Porygon, Dennis and his Parents agreed to take care of him, as time went on Porygon became Dennis's best friend, they both asked Dennis's dad to help Porygon to evolve, Porygon-Z also helps Dennis to develop intersesting stuff.
Other: None

I know my OC is a bit dark but... I always thought there has to be a dark one in every School RP, I hope i can RP with you guys.
It looks good except it's baby Pokémon only at the start so your Porygon Z would have to be just Porygon :)

Hey, everyone! I couldn't wake up this morning to save my life! (So I'm dead). Welcome BlueMew392 and Masked Guy to the RP. I would also like to request that everyone who hasn't posted a bio to please do so. I have a lot to catch up on..