• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Anyone Willing to do a Danganronpa RP?

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Ok so... A while back, I was inactive on this site for a couple of months... During that time, i've gotten obsessed with Danganronpa. I just love everything about it (except that the 3rd game and despair girls aren't on mac so i cant play them) And a Danganronpa Roleplay would be something I would like to do and I think it would be a cool idea but i'm unsure if people here actually like Danganronpa so this is what this thread is for.. Would you all join a Danganronpa RP? Do any of you even know what it is?

If enough people are willing to RP, then I'll either turn this thread into a sign up page or create a seperate thread. Otherwise, I'll just... make a different RP probably

I was involved in one late last year created by @Riverrunner which was excellently crafted and put together by them.

Even though I've only finished THH and I've only played through the first trial in the 2nd game, I'd be more than happy to join another DR roleplay.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
I was involved in one late last year created by @Riverrunner which was excellently crafted and put together by them.

Even though I've only finished THH and I've only played through the first trial in the 2nd game, I'd be more than happy to join another DR roleplay.

That would be great, I'm glad you would be willing to join. As for you only playing the First game and the first trial of the second game, Like i said, I haven't played the third game but i've played the first and second. If we end up Roleplaying, I think it might end up just being like an alternate universe version of THH (Could be a different setting if I was creative enough to think of a unique setting but the point is that you playing the first game means you would know enough to join the rp if it happens)

I'd definitely be interested in joining if this gets off the ground.

I do have a couple of questions about the RP's mechanics, however:
  • Will this operate on real time (from experience, I personally wouldn't recommend this) or will it be more dependant on waiting for the players to reach a certain point before the plot progresses?
  • How will investigations work? Will all of the information be given to us in the Monokuma file as to make progression quicker or will we have to search each room individually to get specific information PMed to us/outlined to our characters in the roleplay?
Danganronpa is kind of weird in terms of adapting it to a forum because of how its format is a linear, scripted story whereas a roleplay… not so much. If you don't have any ideas right now, I completely understand. This is just an interest check thread, after all.

Regardless, I hope this gets more attention. I'm a big fan of the series and it'd be nice to be a part of something like this again—as a player this time as opposed to an overseer.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
I'd definitely be interested in joining if this gets off the ground.

I do have a couple of questions about the RP's mechanics, however:
  • Will this operate on real time (from experience, I personally wouldn't recommend this) or will it be more dependant on waiting for the players to reach a certain point before the plot progresses?
  • How will investigations work? Will all of the information be given to us in the Monokuma file as to make progression quicker or will we have to search each room individually to get specific information PMed to us/outlined to our characters in the roleplay?
Danganronpa is kind of weird in terms of adapting it to a forum because of how its format is a linear, scripted story whereas a roleplay… not so much. If you don't have any ideas right now, I completely understand. This is just an interest check thread, after all.

Regardless, I hope this gets more attention. I'm a big fan of the series and it'd be nice to be a part of something like this again—as a player this time as opposed to an overseer.

Hi! I'm glad that you're interested in this potential RP. I'm posting to answer the questions about the RP that you asked.
To answer the first question, it would definetly not be based on Real Time as there are quite a few problems with it. There's timezones (Example - I'm Australian so I am probably ahead of you all when it comes to time zones but i dont know where you all live) Theres also times where people may be busy a whole day so they wouldn't be able to post. For both of these reasons and more, I would rather not the RP be in real time.

For the second question.... I actually haven't thought about it much.... For Investigations, I think what could happen is that everyone will get monokuma files with some information, but then, the person who is overseeing the whole thing (Which will probably be me), Give everyone pieces of evidence that no one else has, so it basically forces everyone to have a say during the trial to solve the case. I just thought of that off the top of my head, but if you had any other ideas, feel free to let me know.

I understand that Danganronpa is weird to adapt to forums however I believe that it could potentially work... If you have other questions, please ask them...

Last edited:
I'd be totally down for an Danganronpa RP. Though I'm not sure if my experience with the topic will suffice. I just recently watched the first season of the anime- that's it. That's as far as I've gotten, though I could study up and what not if that is necessary. You definitely have a yes form me, however I do agree that we should think of an organized system as to decide clues and investigation materials. I think it'll work out, you'd just have a lot of private messages open :D. I have one questions, as well: as characters get 'killed off' does that RPer have to quit the thread? Because if so, I'd assume that nobody wants to be the first character to die.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
I'd be totally down for an Danganronpa RP. Though I'm not sure if my experience with the topic will suffice. I just recently watched the first season of the anime- that's it. That's as far as I've gotten, though I could study up and what not if that is necessary. You definitely have a yes form me, however I do agree that we should think of an organized system as to decide clues and investigation materials. I think it'll work out, you'd just have a lot of private messages open :D. I have one questions, as well: as characters get 'killed off' does that RPer have to quit the thread? Because if so, I'd assume that nobody wants to be the first character to die.

Hi! The First Anime is based off the first game which means that you have all the information you need on how the killing game works. as for youre question on what happens when people die, theres some solutions I can think of (If you have any suggestions, feel free to tell me)

Everyone controls multiple characters - This would mean that you are controlling 2 people rather than one. That means that if one of your characters dies, you will still be able to rp at least until the near end. This solution may be good if theres not enough people to roleplay as well. There would be complications with this solution as well (Like investigations and trials) but it is a potential one to keep everyone invested in the roleplay. I think I would like to avoid this solution but I can't think of other solutions at this time.

I don't want the Rpers to quit the thread if their character dies so perhaps they could do something else in the rp? i'm not quite sure yet as I wasn't certain on if I was going to even create a roleplay, but if more people are onboard, ill dedicate some time to think about that question

Thanks for showing interest in the potential RP!

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
I would like this, as I have taken an interest in the series recently.
Can't wait for (whenever and if ever) this starting!
I would be interested in this. As other Danganronpa role-plays I joined never started started.

Alright, Sweet! Glad to see there's more people onboard with the idea...

Just saying for people who are curious of when the roleplay will happen, Ideally, it would be good if There was roughly 16 people on board because otherwise people would be making 2 characters or the class will be a smaller size but Im not sure if we are going to get 16 people but who knows... Anyway, if there becomes a point where no one else is seemingly Willing to join, ill start sign ups... I also need to figure out stuff about the roleplay itself because I haven't yet because I was unsure if people would be interested so if you have questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks guys for being awesome and supporting the idea!

Well, I think that 2 characters for person, for now, would be a total of 14. So, if no-one joins (I don't think that can happen), I would be able to have 3 characters, if you want

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Well, I think that 2 characters for person, for now, would be a total of 14. So, if no-one joins (I don't think that can happen), I would be able to have 3 characters, if you want
If you would like to have 3 characters that's fine, and if someone else has 3 characters, we have 16.. is everyone ok with having 2 characters?

I'm alright with controlling two characters.

As a kind of unrelated side note, do you have any plans for a potential mastermind? Will they be randomly selected, be on a volunteer basis or is it just going to be an "It's [spoiler?] again" kind of situation?

To be honest, I have a specific one of his characters that I would wish to be able to kill off in some way, to at least grow the other one in personality.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
I'm alright with controlling two characters.

As a kind of unrelated side note, do you have any plans for a potential mastermind? Will they be randomly selected, be on a volunteer basis or is it just going to be an "It's [spoiler?] again" kind of situation?
I already have an idea for the mastermind... It isnt anything over the top, but it's An idea I guess (no, it's not them again... This is taking place in an alternative universe during the events of THH/The First Anime, so they might not even exist in this universe)
I think a chance roulette would be okay for the assasins, the potential mastermind and for the deads, so that only one persone knows
Sure, we can do that. I was wondering who I was going to make the traitor anyway... As for the dead's I'm not sure... For starters there's possiblilities where there is 5 people left, and someone has half the characters because they control 3 characters and none of them were chosen to die... Maybe we could do that but I'd like a different system...
To be honest, I have a specific one of his characters that I would wish to be able to kill off in some way, to at least grow the other one in personality.
That's great!!! What I want to happen at the end of the rp is maybe for the final 7 students, everyone has one character? That would be great but at the same time doesn't need to happen. It just allows everyone to be in the rp for as long as possible...

I've decided ill be controlling students as well as monokuma, however, I plan on dedicating more of my time to monokuma. I'm actually excited to run this... Ill make a post about sign ups in the next few days.... Ill make it private and tag you all...