• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Anyone else addicted to Pokemon Shuffle?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've never taken to any free-to-play style games before, especially the type that make you wait until you can play again, until now. Since Pokemon Shuffle has released I've virtually only exited the game twice. The rest of the time I've just left the game open with my 3DS in sleep mode. :p

Originally I was struggling a bit with having to wait 30 minutes for an additional go but now I'm finding that I'm very happy to play 3-4 levels and then put the game down for an hour or two. The gameplay is fun and different enough from Trozei to hold my interests and it's easy for me to ignore the majority of the game's F2P quirks. Shuffle itself also makes it fairly easy to get a hold of Jewels without having to spend a dime, both through the frequency that it gives you them and with how the Check-In feature gives you 500 free coins per day. The special Meowth stage was great for earning additional coins, too. I've used 2 Great Balls overall and still have over 10,000 coins handy, plus 6 jewels saved up. Still haven't found the urge, or need, to use them yet. ^^

Myself, I'm at about level 60-something now. I've caught the majority of the Pokemon along the way, including Mew and Rotom (the latter being one of the Daily catches, which is a new Special stage that popped up today), but still have yet to grab Treecko, Mudkip, Charmeleon, Meowth and Croagunk. I've only beaten one of the Expert stages, too. Attempted to get Charizard twice and ran out of time both goes. Was so close the second time 'round... xp

Overall, for a F2P game, I'm really enjoying it. I'd wager that I'll likely continue poking away at it for quite some time, too.

But enough rambling from me. How about the rest of you? :)
Loving it? Hated it? Still have yet to give it a go? If you're actively playing it, what's your current progress and such?

Since it's a free game to download all puzzle game fans, who own a 3DS/New 3DS, should give it a try! Just bear with it past the somewhat irritating, hand-holding introduction stages. Thankfully the heavy tutorial stuff wraps-ups at about stage 6 or so. xp

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Oh darn it. You reminded me that this game exists and now I've downloaded it and it super adorable agfh.
I've only gone through the first 5 stages but I can tell I'm gonna love this game. I won't pay for anything, but it'll take my time. X-X

Oh so it's not just me! I'm very surprised at how addictive this game is. When I downloaded it, I assumed I'd play it once or twice and never pick it up again. Boy, was I wrong. I've played it everyday for over a week now I believe? I typically dislike these types of games, I have no idea why I enjoy Shuffle so much.

Oh man, Shuffle is so good. I'm content to play it when I can, instead of waiting impatiently for the hearts to refill. It's a nice contrast, to my normal gameplay of pokemon related games. I'm not going too quickly, I'm playing when I want to. It's fun, and helps I love collecting pokemon. I'm up to level... 60 something?

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I wouldn't say I'm addicted, but I keep playing the game wishing it didn't have the time limits and they'd released it for £10. Give me a full Shuffle/Link Battle 2 please! Anyways my states currently look like this:

11026386_10204720389502879_630052438_n.jpg
Out of the special stages I have caught Mew, missed my daily challenge yesterday, but hoping to catch Rotom today. Currently I'm up to stage 90 and really struggling, I'm not sure how I'm going to overcome this level and it's annoying me xp

As for Pokémon I'm missing so far it's just the following: Riolu (horrible catch rate </3), Meowth, Corsola, Marill, Mudkip, Lapras, Axew, Mawile, Lopunny, Ivysaur, Gastly, Marshtomp, Combusken, Slowbro, Espeon, Grovyle, Mienfoo, Miltank, Meowstic, Dedenne, Liepard, Chansey, and Gulpin. Guess my next task should be to go back for them...

Honestly my issue is that the game is too solid. I want the ability to play it for longer but I'm not prepared to pay such a silly price for more hearts when I could have bought the game for £15 very happily and have played it as long as I wanted. The free to play model isn't a bad thing, of course, but now I just want them to make another without the limits that I can throw money at them for. :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I downloaded this earlier after seeing this topic yesterday and randomly finding out that Rotom Wash was available today. I caught it earlier :D I'm really enjoying it so far, aside from the time limit like everyone else has mentioned. I'll not be buying any features as the wait is reasonable and the game does hand out jewels fairly kindly (or at least it has so far!). Still... being forced to wait is a little annoying. Shouldn't complain much though since it was free and collecting the Pokemon is pretty fun :)

I currently have Charmander, Kangaskan, Eevee and Rotom Wash as my default Pokemon of choice, although obviously when needed they're rotated out.

I'm surprised at how addictive this is. I tend to get bored with puzzle games, but there's just enough going on that it holds my interest. Or maybe it's because it has Pokemon in it. :D

I watch my wife play Candy Crush once in a while and it seems like it recycles stages/puzzles (or is it just me?). I have yet to see this in Shuffle. Each one seems to play out slightly different, and that keeps it interesting to me. I don't spend any money on it and I think it is a solid puzzle experience. It's great for killing 20 minutes here and there.

I am usually not a huge fan of F2P games. I don't like being held back because I don't want to spend money on a game. Thankfully, the paid-for currency isn't a huge deal or a huge bonus in playing, just helping you play more often or give you a small boost that can still be earned in-game. I'm the kind of person who can play for hours on end, so being forced to put it down for a while is great for me. Pokemon Shuffle is a nice, more complex version of Bejeweled and I'm quite fond of it.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
First Candy crush and now this, oh my I must say I'm addicted. Sooner or later hopefully it'll stop as it's just a phase but now that it's coming on mobile I'll be able to catch more events more often, and all.

Yep, I had it on my 3DS for a while but I only realized recently that it was a Match-3 type game and now my life is ruined. It's fun how the "power" ratings have little to do with the games' stats so I'm seeing a lot of pokemon I'd overlooked previously.
I'm also a little frustrated by the fact that there have been so many limited-time stages, a lot of people have access to pokemon I don't and use them when making suggestions about how to beat certain levels.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
This must be mentioned here:

Shuffle Manectric and its Mega Stone are M-I-N-E... Miiiiiiiiiiiine ♥

I still really enjoy this game from time to time. I still have some uncleared stages (the newest batch to be added) but it's just one of those games that's easy to just pick up and have a fun few minutes with even after spells of inactivity.

RafuRum

Formerly Raf-A-Rum
I've been playing the game since day 1.. and I have to say,, its very exciting for a free to play game...a lot of the puzzles requires you to think hard even with activated items also things you can buy with IRL money can be gained by grinding... :3

It is a very addicting game for me and it took me forever to beat haxourus but it keeps busy i especially love the different affects of the mega pokemon.