• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Anyone A Lolita? (Not the book)

In case you are confused by the term "Lolita", it is a japanese style that consists of a Victorian-esque knee-length dress, similar to the ones you see on porcelain dolls. Although most Lolita are female, there are such things as male Lolita. But luckily for them, they don't really need to wear a pink dress. xD
Lolita is not necessarily a "all-frills" style though as there is a type of Lolita called "Ouji/Kadona", which is basically male "Aristocrat" clothing that girls can wear. Either way, almost anyone can be a Lolita, as there are many varieties of it to choose from. One example of Lolita would be Chii from Chobits. However if you have a Chii outfit, that doesn't necessarily make you a Lolita xD

However even Lolita has dress codes to follow, such as the dress being at maximum 1-2 inches above the knee, or that kitty ears are a HUGE taboo in the Lolita Community.

So...is there anyone in here a fellow Lolita?

That would be Lolicon you're alluding to, Random, not Lolita.

Also while me in a loligoth dress would be absolutely horrid, I do have some interest in the Gothic Lolita fashion trend. Personally, I love seeing all the frills and complex doily patterns that line the dresses, not to mention the perfect bowl shape the skirts achieve. They are oodles of fun to draw with the ribbons and other complex accessories.

In the last few anime conventions I've been to, there were a lot of loligoths, and heck, there's even a store dedicated solely to the fashion trend. I should really coax my friend into cospalying in that fashion a tad more.

So QAJenova, what are your dresses like? Do you have those petite parasols and hats that tilt at the side?

I love the lacy, Victorian-Goth style. I have a few pieces myself, however given my lifestyle, current circumstances and possible future circumstances, it's impratical for me get hold of more (Brighton's great, but it's not as diverse as it once seemed) or even wear what I already have (I get hot really easily and lace and curry tend not mix well).

I still have my lovely white parasol kicking about in my room. Doesn't go well with jeans and a t-shirt, but I want a flippin' nice sundress, so I might get some more use out of it this year.

(I dislike London and have been to Camden Market once. It was not a pleasant experience for the most part.)

That would be Lolicon you're alluding to, Random, not Lolita.

Also while me in a loligoth dress would be absolutely horrid, I do have some interest in the Gothic Lolita fashion trend. Personally, I love seeing all the frills and complex doily patterns that line the dresses, not to mention the perfect bowl shape the skirts achieve. They are oodles of fun to draw with the ribbons and other complex accessories.

In the last few anime conventions I've been to, there were a lot of loligoths, and heck, there's even a store dedicated solely to the fashion trend. I should really coax my friend into cospalying in that fashion a tad more.

So QAJenova, what are your dresses like? Do you have those petite parasols and hats that tilt at the side?
Actually, almost half the Lolita in the world look horrid in a dress, so you shouldn't really say that xD (Because I'm almost not-pubescent, I'm close to looking horrible in a dress.)

Sadly I cannot afford accessories, but I do own a few custom-made dresses/attires. (Which, luckily for me, was donated by friends.) One of my favorites is possibly my somewhat regal-looking Gothic Lolita black jumper with detailed heart-like lace at the bottom and . It goes great with my white blouse with a simple black ribbon as a bow. Together, it looks absolutely beautiful. (If only I had the body to look good in it xD)

[quote author=Tatile link=topic=5985.msg98364#msg98364 date=1240820618]
I love the lacy, Victorian-Goth style. I have a few pieces myself, however given my lifestyle, current circumstances and possible future circumstances, it's impratical for me get hold of more (Brighton's great, but it's not as diverse as it once seemed) or even wear what I already have (I get hot really easily and lace and curry tend not mix well).

I still have my lovely white parasol kicking about in my room. Doesn't go well with jeans and a t-shirt, but I want a flippin' nice sundress, so I might get some more use out of it this year.

(I dislike London and have been to Camden Market once. It was not a pleasant experience for the most part.)
[/quote]

Well, London can't be any worse than (south) Philadelphia. Try actually WEARING a sundress while walking by a group of teenagers smoking, swearing and listening to 50 Cent. Very awkward, no? Which is why I'm becoming a Closet-Lolita, lol xD

Lol, Listen to you both! Camden isnt that bad... Well, then agian, almost everyone there is a Emo or Punk, quoting the Mighty Boosh. If you want a part of london to be scared off... Visit Southall. xD

Lol, Listen to you both! Camden isnt that bad... Well, then agian, almost everyone there is a Emo or Punk, quoting the Mighty Boosh. If you want a part of london to be scared off... Visit Southall. xD

There's Emos in Camden? I just might have to go there sometime, then.
If you want a part of a city that you should be scared of, visit upper Little Saigon in Los Angles, Californa.
You'd have a 60% chance of getting run over by Vietnamese men on motorcycles cursing in French.

10% that you'd be one of the non-Vietnamese people riding on motorcycles cursing in French or Chinese.

[quote author=Random-Hero link=topic=5985.msg98478#msg98478 date=1240911739]

There's Emos in Camden? I just might have to go there sometime, then.
If you want a part of a city that you should be scared of, visit upper Little Saigon in Los Angles, Californa.
You'd have a 60% chance of getting run over by Vietnamese men on motorcycles cursing in French.

10% that you'd be one of the non-Vietnamese people riding on motorcycles cursing in French or Chinese.
[/quote]

I love how you almost sound confused that Emos somehow found out where Camden was... xD

[quote author=Random-Hero link=topic=5985.msg98693#msg98693 date=1241094229]
I love how you almost sound confused that Emos somehow found out where Camden was... xD

xD
For a moment there, I WAS confused.
Until I reread the part where you said "The Mighty Boosh".
[/quote]

I'm Old Greg. ;)

Good'ol Camden...
I should really visit there again.

And I'm a British boy who sadly has been compared to "Edward" from that disturbing and pathetic book... Twilight. *Chuckles*

Heh, Amen to that. Dear lord, what kind of vampire sparkles pink glitter in the sun? *shudders*
If you (let alone anyone) had any resemblance to the Gary-Stu vampire Edward in real life, I'd eat my skirt.

[quote author=Random-Hero link=topic=5985.msg99168#msg99168 date=1241466280]
And I'm a British boy who sadly has been compared to "Edward" from that disturbing and pathetic book... Twilight. *Chuckles*

Heh, Amen to that. Dear lord, what kind of vampire sparkles pink glitter in the sun? *shudders*
If you (let alone anyone) had any resemblance to the Gary-Stu vampire Edward in real life, I'd eat my skirt.
[/quote]

I had to re-read that twice, as I kept misreading Skirt for a substance that comes from ones behind.