• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Any good games for the Wii?

I got the Wii a little while ago and I have Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, and Wii Play. I was wondering if there was any other good Wii games that came out. ;D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Please take note of where you're posting a thread before making it. Anything game related, as its board description states, goes on the General Gaming Discussion board.

Anyways, there are a few I'd recommend. Super Paper Mario is a definite rent, if not an out-right purchase. From the Wii games I've played, it's probably one of the most unique and fun on the console to date - especially if you liked the original Paper Mario games. Then there's Elebits, and if you've played the Katamari Damacy games on PS2/PSP and enjoyed 'em you'd probably like it, too. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves can also be a fun game to have around and waste time on.

Really, it all depends on your tastes in games. Sonic and the Secret Rings has a few faults to it, but a lot of people also hail it as one of the best 3D Sonic games yet (I haven't played it myself, tho). Then there's also games like Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, which may not be your first choice but not a bad purchase by any means either.

Still, the best of Wii has yet to come, so keep watching the release lists. There's also the Virtual Console if you feel like diving into some old school games.

if you wait for a little while Pokemon Battle Revolution will come out. I played the demo and it is SWEET!!! ;DYou can link up Diamond and Pearl and see the pkmn in Hi-Def too! :o

Do you know anywhere i could see a preview of Pokemon Battle Revolution? Also, sorry about posting in the wrong discussion thing guess i wasn't paying attention or something.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Do you know anywhere i could see a preview of Pokemon Battle Revolution?

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/818/818481/vids_1.html

They have a few newer and older videos of the game. The long and short of Battle Revolution is that it's a Pokemon Stadium-like game with DS-Wii connectivity. No RPG mode; all battles. It has a few interesting pieces to it, though, like a subtle trainer customization option and a points system where you can buy rare items (not that we haven't seen that before, it just adds a little something imo). And, of course, it looks purdy.

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl will be a must when it comes out.

Metroid 3 (or 4?)

As stated, Super Paper Mario is bundles of fun.

Rayman Raving Rabids.

Other advice though, Do Not Get...
Red Steel
Super Monkey Ball
FarCry

that's out of experience, shooters don't work on the Wii.

Ya, I was thinking of getting Super smash Bros. Brawl when it comes out and yesterday i rented Super Paper Mario and it's pretty good. I saw a commercial for Mario Party 8 and it looks fun if a lot of people come over. I played Sonic at my freind's house and it sucks. :p Anyway, thanks everybody for your suggestions. ;D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Y'know peoples... when you're replying to a thread like this, check to see what games have already been suggested by other posters. There's no need to repeat titles unless you have something to add about why you also think those games are worthwhile, or why they're truly not. Otherwise... you're just repeating what's already been stated ;p

I have heard it is, but is it really it looks very fun.

I have it and if I hade to judge it's 6.5

The visuals are great the board play is definitly quicker then the last ones, but the minigames are kinda lacking and mediocre. Some are definitly fun but others are kinda piontless.

It's a good game to pass the time ^^

Anyway, Rayman is definitly a good wii game and SSBM , I'm sure, will be obviously good aswell.