• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Another one?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
http://nintendoinsider.com/site/EEFyuFZAyyvXnroBRA.php

o.O

From Gameboy Pointless 1 - the Micro - to Gameboy Pointless 2...

I can't be the only one thinking Nintendo should just cut their losses and dump the GBA for dead already. The DS plays GBA games, that's enough to keep whatever games are still due to come out for it in the running and it's hardly as if the GBA has had that great a library in it's life at any rate. Generic Platformer, Generic RPG and Generic Sidescroller all get boring after the last 500 of each. Few of which are actually any damn good.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Agreed... If that thing is supposed to play GBA games, where the hell do they fit in? o.O

Any chance this is a hoax?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I thought it was a hoax at first and decided to give it a day of the benefit of the doubt as it's not really an obvious time to be pulling hoaxes.

However, as the CES news has stopped for the day and absolutely no other site has mentioned this at all - and I'm talking about sites that have listings of EVERYTHING at CES today (and there was a lot of it) that have squat.

Smells like bullshit.

I'm actually thinking this isn't a hoax... I can't access the blasted website right now, but Engadget was reporting on it.

EDIT: AH-HA! Here it is. Looks funky... however, don't blame just the big N for this one. They licensed out the GBA to another company for this project.