• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Another New Trailer for the Let's Go Games!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
A new trailer has been revealed for Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, showcasing some new stuff.

With the trailer, we've received some information on how certain elements of the game work.
GO_Park_art.jpg
Connectivity with Pokémon GO is done via a Bluetooth connection, and Pokémon transferred from Go are stored in the "Pokémon GO Park Complex" in Fuchsia City - which holds up to 1,000 Pokémon (divided to 20 parks, each holding 50 Pokémon). Only the original 151 Pokémon and their Alola forms may be transferred to the Let's Go games - and once transferred, they can't be transferred back to GO - but sending them into the GO Park provides 'helpful rewards' for GO. What those are remains to be announced.

in the GO parks, the transferred Pokémon are actually shown interacting with each other. You can actually take Pokémon you transferred from GO into your adventure but you will need to catch them again in the GO Park first. There is also no limit to how many Pokémon GO accounts you can link to Let's Go - so you can Steal, Team Rocket Style transfer Pokémon friends and family caught into Let's Go! as well.

Once you transferred 25 Pokémon of the same species into the GO Park, you can play some kind of minigame in which you must collect and herd them into a goal area within three minutes while avoiding obstacle Pokémon. Succeed and earn candy (which unlike in GO, is stat-specific rather than species-specific) used to power up your Pokémon. You can earn candy by transferring Pokémon to Professor Oak as well, and by taking a Pokémon for a stroll using the shameless merchandising scheme Pokéball Plus Peripheral.

Alola Forms - confirmed to be in the game before - are obtained either by transfer through the GO Park, or by trading with NPCs ingame.

Legendary_art.jpg

It is also confirmed, again, that Legendary Pokémon must be raid battled before you get a chance to catch them (except Mew, which you get through some Pokéball Plus chicanery buy all of our playsets and toys).

So. Some clarifications, though very little is new about this update. The Let's Go! spinoffs continue to be a Pokémon GO Simulator But In Kanto and definitely feel like they share more with their mobile cousin than with the main series, though in some elements they feature as more of an intermediate between the two. Assuming anything in Let's Go might carry over the the main series is probably silly - but it feels like it could make a good introduction to a (still simplified) Actual Pokémon Game experience for people who've played nothing but Go beforehand - and if anything, might be a useful testing ground for interactivity and a slightly more living world than we got so far.

Dndh9PnX0AA_Tgq.jpg large.jpg
... and if nothing else, at least you can ride Barney the Dinosaur a dragon into the sunset.​

So they even decided to remove the "keep them alive if you want to capture them" thing? Now just defeat them mindlessly and you're into the Pokemon GO minigame? Just another reason not to buy this game for me, really disappointed.

Well, it just sounds like they carried over raid battles for legendary Pokémon and festival plaza mini games to me, and I don’t love either of those things. I guess I’ll still buy it, but I’m disappointed in you GameFreak.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
The only reason I'd buy this is to get on a fire dog and ride into the sunset, because this game isn't for me, Sun and Moon was great, the anime was....an anime. USUM is... a cash grab a game. And then this happened...

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Also are we going to get an anime where Ash meets an Ash clone with and Eevee and something like the scene in the picture above happens, cause I'd be down to watch that.