• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Another Let's Go Trailer, and Movie 22's Title Revealed

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Hours later, another trailer released in Japan - this time without an English version popping up later.

The trailer certainly seems to show the game taking a few more pages out of Go's playbook. Apparently, the encounters with the three Legendary Birds at least also involve battling them, and - akin to one of Go's most frustrating elements - some wild Pokémon are prone to running away. The trailer also briefly shows (for a split second) what might be a new Mini-Game involving Pikachu - and (also for a split second) it also shows a cameo by Jessie, James and Meowth - so one may assume that their brief cameos from Yellow are to be integrated into this game.

On other news, the 21st Pokémon Movie, Everyone's Story, was finally released in Japan yesterday - and as per usual, its ending showed a brief teaser for next year's movie, revealing its title as "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution". Because the last time someone tried to stick 'evolution' on a classical anime it ended so well. But then, I guess they wanted to throw Weird Movie AU Ash on a collision course with the superclone too. I guess we'll know more about what on Earth they're planning to mutilate it with later this year?

(At least there are no random Genesects this time.)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
While I’d already assumed that they’d be included, I absolutely love that Jessie, James, and Meowth have been kept for Let’s Go as well. I hope they have fun dialogue. ^_^

Putting Legendary Pokemon battles into these games was a really nice idea, too, and it’ll certainly be much more engaging than just chucking PokeBalls at them. These games really are starting to hype me something awful.

I think the new rival gives more credence to the original leak that the champion will actually be Red or Blue depending on the version. Considering everything else with that leak has been confirmed by now, I really do think it has been right all along.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Considering how decent the games are turning out to be, I might actually buy them. Problem is, I don’t like Pikachu or Eevee. So it’ll be a tough choice for who I choose.
(And no character customization makes me sad. :()

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
I think the new rival gives more credence to the original leak that the champion will actually be Red or Blue depending on the version. Considering everything else with that leak has been confirmed by now, I really do think it has been right all along.
I'm pretty sure the new rival is his son or IS a new non-dick version of Blue. Just look at him!

Also, what's this about Jessie and James having cameos in Pokemon Yellow? It was waaay more than that. You battled them about two or three times! They WERE Team Rocket!
(And no character customization makes me sad. :()
Where is the footage that proves this?

Last edited:

Vacat1o

Previously The Ultimate Unlucky N
I don't think we will have multiple save files from what I saw at the beginning. But still this game is a true treasure trove c: