• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Annual Almia Tournament (RP)

Sean chucked like a little kid when he saw the man smile, although it was amazing that the man made over a thousand inventions. He thought for a moment but couldn't figure out a solution just yet. Although, heartily agreed to going around the area and taking a good look around.

"Hell, yeah. This place is awesome! Come on, the sun is setting and I'm pooped, yet still kind of full of energy," he practically told them a little on the loud side, as he ran to the door, the automatic doors opening and staying open, since the kid was waiting for the two to follow him out.

Last edited:
Guzma had taken the chance to look around himself, leaving Atty to rest back in their room. He loved the woman, but boy could she be stubborn.

He wandered back outside, browsing through the various stands of merchandise and food, trying to keep to himself and hoping none of the shopkeepers would guilt him into buying something he didn't want. He was on a mission, and that mission was to get some cocoa. Maybe a snack for Atty while he was at it, too.

As the sun began to set and the streetlights flicked on, he finally found what he was looking for, the stand from earlier that had caught his eye. One Tapu Cocoa to go, and a baggie of chocolate Sweet Hearts for his girl. He began walking back, tipping the covered cup to his lips, having a swig of the hot chocolate in the meantime.

As the boy took off excitedly, Seven of Nine let out a soft retort, "I can see that." Glancing over at her Master, she followed after him. Though she personally would have preferred to retire for the evening, it was clear her Master preferred to explore. In all the excitement, it seemed the girl that was so enamored with her had taken off. Perhaps to use the facilities, but Seven wasn't entirely sure.

Though not running after the boy, the pair made their way outside, noting how quickly the sun was setting now. They weren't used to being in Almia, that was for certain.

Now outside, Colress caught sight of a familiar white-haired man, though he was surprisingly alone. If the man locked eyes with him at any point, the scientist would certainly give him a nod of acknowledgement.

"Is there anything in particular you wanted to see? I'm afraid I am not familiar with this location."

Sean looked around for a bit, uncertain of what to do. He finally found something nearby, and that appeared to be a merch shop for all things Alolan and another one next to it from Unova. He rushed over to it, seeing Z-Crystals of all things at the Alolan shop. Although, there was a disclaimer on the sign that basically read that the Z-Crystals were fake and have an arm band for kids to put on and it makes sounds and lights up. Dang. It would be spectacular if he could buy a Z-Crystal, even though those things are expensive. He decided to look around for a bit longer, and decided that there wasn't much, until he found a little ring a little ways away from the building. People who wanted to battle, but couldn't participate or wanted some practice could fight here with someone. He smiled and pointed to the ring. "Hey, want to have a quick one on one battle? There really isn't much here that I would want anyway. Since you are into technology though, I found a stand that-a-way that sold salvaged machine parts and stuff."

He then thought for a moment and pulled out his brochure he got from the Almian Registration and Housing building. There was a map that detailed a gym underneath the building to help discreetly train the people here. Awesome! Definitely a place to check out some time. He looked back to Colress, putting away his brochure and awaited his answer.

Last edited:
Guzma was nearly ready to leave when the sight of someone caught his eye. He could recognize that Internet Explorer hair instantly, and nearly spat out his cocoa at the sight of the other man. He momentarily clenched his chest, getting a hold of himself before brushing it off and acting like nothing had happened. No, he totally didn't almost choke on hot chocolate.

Colress was, for the most part, someone Guzma could at least trust. After what had happened in Aether months ago, he had been introduced to the man and became acquainted. Despite his intentions of trying to stay low, he swaggered over, a cool look on his face. "Well, well, well-" He spoke up, attracting the attention of the pair. "If it ain't the "man of science" himself. What's a guy like you doin' here, huh? Lusamine let you take a paid vacation?" He sarcastically quipped, taking another sip of his cocoa. He gave a glance towards Sean, recognizing him from earlier as well. A nod towards him, Guzma's way of saying "sup".

The blonde duo followed after Sean, watching as he looked over the replica Z-Crystals. They were impressive and almost appeared real, but upon closer inspection it was clearly made out of synthetic resin.

Having not immediately noticed the ring, Colress was surprised at the boy's request, however his yellow eyes quickly caught sight of the small arena. "Ah! Yes, if you would like a battle I would be happy to oblige. The salvaged parts can of course wait."

It seemed Guzma caught his gaze after all, to which the scientist greeted him with enthusiasm, "It's been far too long." At his sarcastic remark, he merely smiled, "Despite popular belief I do not work for the President, she is merely my benefactor. Of course, anything I design can be utilized by the Aether Foundation, so I do often find myself researching and developing machines to help further their work."

Seven of course greeted the white-haired man with a curt nod, "Mister Guzma."

Continuing to answer his question the coated man beamed, "Ah, but of course I didn't properly answer your question. I am here to participate in the tournament, and as it so happens I was about to accept Sean's challenge. Would you be interested in a battle as well?"

Sean looked on happily as he saw two old friends rekindle their friendship. He got one of his Poke Balls out, wondering if a scientist like him would have Steel- or Electric-Types. He's battled a few scientists to know. Anyway, he hopped onto the battlefield, his Pokemon ready. He waited patiently for Guzma and Colress to finish their chatter, while he waited on the battlefield. Although, it was interesting that they brought up the President of Aether Foundation. Hell, he had never heard of it before, so it was just interesting to hear. But now he had four contenders that he knew of. Battling against Colress would give him a good sense of how he operates on the field.

Guzma rolled his eyes at Colress' response, knowing better than to use sarcasm around the man. "Yeah, yeah, nice t'see you too," He took another sip of his warm cocoa, perking up at the man's offer to battle. He had already noticed Sean getting into position, and Guzma looked on, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. "I mean, I guess I could stick around n' watch for a little bit. Don't expect me to start fightin' just yet, though. Don't wanna tired out the team before the big day, y'know? Plus I'd rather not keep the "princess" waitin'..." He let the last part slip out, moving over so Colress and Sean would have room.

"What, y'want me to referee, then?" He squatted, balancing himself on his feet, quirking a thick eyebrow. "Listen, I'm no Kukui, alright? You two just go ahead n' start, I'll call out if I see someone pulling some shit." Already finishing off his cocoa, he crushed the paper cup in his fist, watching things get underway.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker wandered around the area a while longer, King still at his side. The pair explored most of the places around the registration area, but what caught they're eye the most was the battling area.

"What do you say King? Wanna get some practice in before the tournament really starts?"

The dark cloaked figure nodded his head, a glint from the blade on his head being shown beneath the hood.

"Good, I was hoping you would say yes. To be honest, I was looking for a good battle myself!"

Parker noticeably picked up his pace towards the battle grounds, King keeping up next to him.

Once at the battlefield, Colress took his position, Seven at his side. However, his gaze settled upon Guzma who had offered his assistance, "That would be most appreciated." Pausing for a moment he thought, "Princess? I assume you are referring to Atlas? This battle should not take too long, as I only plan on using one Pokémon." Glancing over to Seven he began to tap on his PADD, "It has been some time since you have participated in a proper battle. Take a seat on that bench," gesturing towards a nearby seat, he continued, "and then join me here."

Freezing up, the woman did not respond for a few moments before finally responding, "I will comply." Making her way towards the nearby bench, she took a seat before powering down her systems. As her housing grew still, a flash of light appeared from the top of the woman's wrist in the same vein as a Pokémon being released from a pokéball. The photonic energy then coalesced into the form of a Porygon2. Using electromagnetic energy, the Virtual Pokémon made its way towards the battlefield before her Trainer.

⟶ Exterior Battlefield

Sean nodded ecstatically as he confirmed with Colress, but his face went from determination for the battle to awe and wonderment when he saw a Porygon2 leave her android shell. He looked at the Porygon2 and then back at the android, completely flabbergasted and unable to contain his pure excitement. "That's cool! How did you make that? How long did it take? Oh, sorry, we should probably do the battle first before you answer those questions."

Sean smirked and sent out his own Pokemon. His Fast Ball revealed a Heliolisk. His frills extended outwards in a show of intimidation, but since he didn't exactly look too intimidating, it just showed his determination to make a good fight. He pushed the specially-made Wise Glasses further up his face, the arms of the item now wedged firmly behind his eyes and the necklace to keep it attached fell underneath the hood, anchoring it onto the lizard's snout. Sean smiled and yelled at Colress.

"Since I challenged you, you get the first move. Hope that's alright."

Last edited:
A smile crossed the scientist's lips as the boy lit up with excitement. "I will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have after the fight!" Once the Heliolisk was revealed, Colress glanced in Seven's direction. Neither would have a significant advantage over the other, even if the Heliolisk knew Low Kick. Porygon weren't exactly heavy. Even with the potential of Focus Blast, Colress wasn't too concerned; it wasn't difficult to dodge or counter. Taking a necklace from his coat, he carefully fastened it around the faux avian's neck in preparation for battle.

Now with her Eviolite secured, the Porygon's gaze fell to the elated Heliolisk. She responded to his excitement with a few high-pitched beeps, and awaited her instructions.

In response to Sean, Colress beamed, "If you are certain! Seven of Nine, Pattern Theta One!"

Aiming towards the ground, a brilliant beam of energy escaped the cyber duck's maw. The beam of ice threatened to strike the battlefield, and if successful, it would begin to spread as its frosty influence began to cover the ground.

⟶ Exterior Battlefield

Last edited:
Sean saw the battlefield become icy. That wasn't good. He had to stop that before Heliolisk was at a disadvantage. They never really practiced being on an icy field before, either. Uh-oh. After a few moments of the ice steadily getting closer to Helios, Sean finally got a plan. "Use Rock Tomb, Helios!"

Hearing that, Helios slammed his fists into the ground, rocks rising up from the sudden disturbance. He then slapped the rocks towards the growing ice, trying to stop the Ice Beam in its tracks. Now that there were a wall of rocks in between Helios and Seven, he could use a move without Seven seeing. Sean whispered to Helios to use Razor Wind. It took awhile to set up, so this was good that he's practically hidden. He quickly rushed up to the rocks, hid behind it and his claws and tail began to glow. He whipped his tail several times and scratched the air, creating a whirling vortex of cutting blades of air. Hopefully Seven didn't see or hear that.

Last edited:
The rock smashed into the Porygon's attack, splitting it and preventing the entirety of the field from being covered in ice. Fortunately for Sean and his companion, Seven's highly enhanced visual and audial acuity were only active while she was within her android housing. While they set up their next attack, Seven could only wait for an order from her Master.

Though Colress was unable to discern what had occurred, he was certain an order had been given. There was likely a reason for its delay. Since the Heliolisk was obscured, they needed an advantage. "Lock sensors on target."

Despite lacking the sensory capabilities that she had grown accustomed to, Porygon2 still had computer-like targeting skills. With the command, she would attempt to Lock-On to the Heliolisk, switching to infrared sight.

⟶ Exterior Battlefield

Sean heard something akin to "lock" from the other side. Sadly, he couldn't exactly hear very well what was going on over there. Lock what? Unless he was referring to Lock-On, then-... Uh-oh... Wouldn't that reveal Helios' position? Well, now it's time for Helios to make a move. Since he couldn't use any other attack until he gets rid of the flying blades, he quietly told Helios to jump a bit and start throwing the blades of air at them.

Hearing this, Helios nodded and whipped his tail around, causing the blades to fly upwards. He then jumped surprisingly high, using the boulders to help gain elevation. He then used his claws and tail to whip the blades towards Seven at incredible speeds. Some hit the ground near Seven, cutting up the battlefield, while others were heading straight towards Seven. Would it hit? Helios had landed on top of the rock he used to jump higher, and had used Charge without Sean's permission. Electricity began to coat his body, making him tougher to Special Attacks, as well as making his next Electric-Type attack stronger. Hopefully, he wouldn't get hurt setting up something this quick in a few seconds.

Last edited:
With her vision augmented, Seven was now entirely unable to see visual nuances, such as wind. However, she could see the Heliolisk in its entirety.

Knowing there was no chance to dodge the oncoming attack, Colress belayed any evasive maneuvers, instead choosing to launch an all-out attack. "Attack Pattern Omega."

Having acquired her target, the Porygon2 adjusted the attack's trajectory before shooting off an incredible burst of energy towards the Heliolisk. The Hyper Beam hurtled towards the lizard, threatening to envelop him. Though the beam cut through the turbulence, it was not enough to mitigate the attack, as the razor-sharp winds simply changed direction, hurtling towards Seven. The crescent-like waves struck the avian in several directions, tossing her levitating form about and finally throwing her to the ground near Colress' feet.

⟶ Exterior Battlefield

Sean was confused when he overheard "Attack Pattern Omega", and that confusion almost costed his Pokemon to faint. Because he had no idea what move was being used, nor could he see the Hyper Beam being shot towards Helios. Helios tried to use Quick Attack to dodge it, but he wasn't as quick. As soon as he landed, he staggered, causing the Hyper Beam to hit him full on. He got knocked back on the other side of the rocks, hitting the ground hard as he fell. Ouch. Sean winced as he saw his beloved Pokemon get a severe knockback from the beam of energy. Although, Helios wasn't out, yet, but a Porygon2's Special Attack was usually extremely strong, especially for a non-fully evolved Pokemon.

Sean thought for a moment, thinking that maybe Sunny Day wouldn't be a good idea. That Solar Power could potentially hurt his own Pokemon and cost him the win. Plus, that Porygon2 may have a Fire-Type move that could decimate him. Then he remembered Helios' Charge. If he hadn't had used that, he'd probably be knocked out. He told Helios to use Charge again, the Pokemon obeying and his body was cloaked in the electrical energy again. He then told him to use Parabolic Charge, quietly telling him that.

Helios smirked and managed to quickly crawl up to the rocks. His frills opened and he let loose a shrill screech and a powerful wave of electricity swarmed over the entire field in front of him - the electricity sapping any kind of energy from any living thing it touches.

Last edited:
Having taken a moment to recover from the previous attack, Seven's systems were rerouting power. However her systems were mostly fully restored by the time the lizard rushed in with the leeching attack. There were far too many streaks of plasma, and it wasn't something the Porygon2 could dodge. Merely take.

Upon seeing the area being lit up, the scientist called out to his assistant, "Attack Pattern Delta!"

Allowing herself to be struck by the barrage of lightning bolts, Seven let loose a powerful, multi-elemental attack. A beam of ice, fire and electricity shot forth towards the Heliolisk in a Tri Attack.

⟶ Exterior Battlefield

As the lightning bolts attached themselves to Seven and began to drain her of her energy for Helios to take, he saw a triad of elemental energy coming his way. He halted his attack, but wasn't able to dodge the Tri Attack. All three elemental energies hit him, and he fell off of his perch on the boulder. He quickly got up though. It was time for him to initiate his big plan. He created a little light orb in his maw and spewed up towards the sky. The ball cleared the skies and caused the setting sun's rays to become even more powerful. The Sunny Day helped to increase Helios' power, but also gradually damaged him. Now, he can at least try.

He hopped on top of the boulders again and unleashed a boosted a Thunderbolt, the electricity jutting out from within the glands underneath his hood, which was now extended. The electrical attacked arced and went straight down on Seven, hoping that the Pokemon wouldn't move out of the way.

Last edited:
Ah, so it has Solar Power. After a few quick moments, Colress decided on a course of action. Instead of shutting the Heliolisk down with a Rain Dance, he wanted to see how far it would go to win. Thankfully, Beam Attacks were Seven's specialty. "Attack Pattern Sigma."

In this form, mobility wasn't Seven's strong suit, and in fact it was much easier for her to stand still like some sort of tanky turret. The enhanced Thunderbolt struck true, but it did not delay the the execution of her next command. With the sun in full force, a massive beam of energy shot towards the Heliolisk; Solarbeam.

⟶ Exterior Battlefield

Helios was slightly exhausted and the power of the sun gradually decreasing his stamina, especially the doubled power of the Solar Beam hitting Helios square in the chest, had completely exhausted Helios. He fell over off of the boulders, the ensuing explosion from the Solar Beam hitting him also exploded the rocky perch he was on. He fell down on the ground. Exhausted, he didn't even try getting up. This was a practice round anyway. He now knew what he should be careful of when he was up against Seven, and it gave Sean some more insight on how Colress fought.

He returned the tired Helios and walked around the boulders, seeing Colress and giving him and Seven a thumbs up.

"Congrats! That was awesome! Seven, you're really powerful! I'm going to heal up Helios and head off to bed now. A pleasure to battle with you. Have a nice night!"

With that, Sean ran off with the little bit of boundless energy he had left to head toward the Pokemon Center situated within the lobby and then head off towards his room. He had completely forgotten about the answers he had wanted to hear from Colress due to the battle, but that was okay. They weren't apparent. His Leafeon and Jolteon escaped from their Poke Balls and Sean laid in bed, completely in his pajamas, his two partners falling to sleep on either side of him. It was going to be a big day tomorrow.

[Time Skip to Next Morning for Sean]

Sean awoke at the buttcrack of dawn. He really wanted to sleep in, but his boundless energy had returned and kept him from doing so. After getting dressed and doing his other morning rituals, his two Eeveelutions accompanied him outside of their Poke Balls and followed him to the lobby, where the announcement was going to be held. Of course, at 9 o'clock. It was 6. He decided to eat something at one of the vendors outside to help his team and himself have a bit more energy for the battle.

A few hours later of eating and chilling, it was finally time to get on the road.

Sean has walked up to the host at 9 o'clock sharp. The host was vibrant today and a little less dragged down by the kids he had somehow escaped from today. He gathered everyone around who were participants to the battles ahead and tell them what was going to happen today... As soon as everyone was there.

Last edited:

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker applauded the two combatants as Colress and Seven defeated Sean's Heliolisk. It was a magnificent fight, very colorful with all of the beams of light flying around. He would have to make sure to watch out for these two, especially science boy.

"We've got some strong opponents..." Parker whispered to King as the pair made their way towards the building where the participants would be staying.

Just as the pair reached the door, they heard a voice 10 or 15 feet away calling to them.

"Parker! King!"

April bounded up to the pair, putting her hands behind her back when she finally caught up to them. She pouted, her eyes wide and looking downwards.

"You two didn't forget about me, did you?"

Parker sighed and opened the door to the building, letting his two partners enter before him.

"Of course we didn't, we were planning on waiting for you in the lobby actually."

The blonde girl's face changed from upset to beaming with joy, which to be fair was her usual expression.

"Good, cause I'm tired! Not to mention that you need to rest up for tomorrow, you can't be getting eliminated in the first round!"

The trio made their way into the room they would be staying in, two large beds and a bathroom. It wasn't much, but it was enough for them to stay comfortably. Parker and April took turns in the shower before King was put into his Pokeball and they fell asleep in their beds.

---------------------------------------------

The sun rose as the pair woke and began to get ready for their day. Parker let King out of his ball, and the two of them threw on their cloaks as they exited the room. There was definitely a stark contrast between the dark flowing outfits of the trainer and his Pokemon and the pastel pink of the girl with them. They earned their fair share of stares from strangers, which made April feel uncomfortable to say the least.

"I meant to ask this yesterday, but what's with the creepy cloaks?"

Parker's face flushed red, most people avoided the subject of the cloaks assuming they were just to appear intimidating.

"O-Oh, they're um... like team outfits. Also neither of us like the brightness of the sunlight very much, so..."

Parker looked up at the girl slowly, scared she was going to be weirded out as others were when he explained the cloaks. Instead, April laughed at the dark figures.

"Really? I figured you were just trying to look edgy! That's kind of cute though, that you wanted matching outfits. Maybe I should get a cloak of my own!"

"P-Please don't." Parker managed as his face got even more red than before.

As they finally reached the area they were supposed to be gathering, April split off from Parker and King. This was as far as she could go, after all, she wasn't participating.

"I'll make sure to be cheering for you two in the stands, do your best for me!"

Max climbed up from the cringy seat she took. The girl just happened to be sitting upon the open roof of the stadium, watching the battle from a pair of binoculars. G was sitting next to her.

"Interesting battle, as the solar beam is something your gonna have to watch out for." Max said to her secondary partner, G the Garchomp. Melody was there as well, but slept for most of the battle. G then gave a slight grumble, of which Max kinda understood. She can listen to Melody quite well, but isn't sure if G is actually Cussing or that was just her. "And her attacks, they are mostly coded into code words. Our reaction has to be on point"
-Time skip to next day-
Max awoke to a Garchomp standing above her head. "Morning G." She said before rolling out of bed. Her bag contained a few articles of clothing, but the one she took out was similar to yesterdays, except there was a hole on the left knee. "Ready for our battle? I think I know who's gonna fight, but I want to be sure about our opponent before I make a final choice." She said as she walked outside.

The fighters were to meet in a common area for battle scheules. There were gonna be mainstream tournament battles throughout the day, but for the viewers, people will be battling in and out. Some were even putting money on some fights. A person, who wore a cloak, seemed to be waiting for a response. "Good, I'm not late." Max said to the person.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Yeah..." Parker mumbled to the girl who had approached the rest of the battlers. He looked down at his feet, the cloak obstructing his already poor eyesight somewhat.

Why must I be so damn bad at socializing!

King placed his hand on Parker's shoulder, nodding to his trainer. Parker smirked at the Bisharp, his confidence somewhat restored. He pushed his glasses up on the bridge of his nose and turned back to the stranger.

"Sorry, you're gonna be participating right? Might be good to get to know some of the other trainers. The name's Parker, what's yours?"

Max heard the question, giving it a quick nod. "Yes I am gonna take part. In fact, I aim to win this." She said with an overconfident expression. Max didn't need to win, but it was a want. G gave a slight growl in agreement.

"As for my name, It's Max. Traveler of all regions, partaker of many leagues." She said while motioning to the badges pinned to her jacket. Max added something quickly before Parker asked it. "And yes, it's a nickname. Everyone asks that."

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker nodded, acknowledging her response. He also acknowledged the enormous dragon type standing behind her. King looked the Pokemon in the eyes, clearly not at all intimidated by the fact he was a good head taller.

"Your Garchomp looks strong, you must have raised him well. It's always good to see Sinnoh Pokemon when I'm away from home, makes me feel a bit better about being gone."

Parker thought back to the Canalve library, spending his childhood reading or training with King. Sometimes he wished he could go back to those moments, but he also knew it was better not to dwell on the past. The present was more important, and the present had him about to battle in a very important tournament.

It was fortunate the battle ended when it did, as Seven was unsure of whether or not she could have handled another round. Her form flashed a regenerative white, and she restored at least a portion of her stamina.

"That was a spectacular battle! Sleep well, Sean." Smiling at the over-excited boy, the blonde watched as he ran off, his gaze returning to Seven, "Excellent job. You should return to your housing. I suppose it is time for us to head off." Giving a nod to Guzma, he spoke, "Thank you for your assistance. I will be seeing you tomorrow, I presume."

The blonde pair then made their way to their room. Catching sight of one of the spectators, Colress gave him a nod before taking his leavee.

The next morning...

Now recovered, the blonde automaton followed after her Master as he made his way to the host at the designated time and location. Sean, surprisingly, actually made it there before them. He must have been very eager to get on with the tournament. Approaching the excitable youth, Seven spoke, "Your Heliolisk fought well."

⟶ Near the Host/Orientation

Last edited:
Sean looked up at the host, who was watching the participants trickle in now. He looked behind him as he overheard people talking about participating. It was Parker and Max from earlier. He still felt bad for calling Max a guy, but oh well. What could he do? He took a special note on Max's own little.... Almost descriptive monologue. He smirked and decided to keep it until he wanted to use it to mock her with it. It sounded pretty funny. Although, the amount of badges she had were unbelievable. Then again, Sean had his own fair share, but he still felt intimidated by the sheer amount of experience this lady has had.

He was startled a bit when the two blondes from earlier approached him, but he smiled when he realized who they were. He bounced on the balls of his feet again and gave a proud smile. "Why, thank you, Seven. You fought well yourself. Also, your code names for attacks really tripped me up. I'm so used to people calling out the actual attack. Although, I feel like a couple of people would now have memorized your words. You might want to be careful. Not like it would matter. I got a sneak peek at the evaluation rounds. It seems like we are not going to be able to battle each other for some time. Hopefully, we make it through and get a chance to battle one another!"

He excitedly said and his two Eeveelutions smiled and bounced about, happy to see their trainer so excited. It had seemed like the kid had infinite energy, as he wasn't breaking a sweat.

He stopped bouncing on his heels and sheepishly looked down before nervously chuckling. "Oh yea, so those questions I had last night? Kind of forgotten about the answers you were gonna give me until now. So, how did you make that shell and how long did it take? I can take a little bit of scientific talk, so don't be afraid to spew out sciency words at me."

Last edited:
Max pinned the information in her head for future useage. Not that it was important, but that it was interesting. Max pulled her jacket back around her, zipping up the bottom part only.

"So your from Sinnoh then? Funny, when your Bisharp seems to be your main pokemon. But I can't talk much, as I'm from Hoenn. Just a sailor and traveled alot around the world."

Giving a nod in greeting, the woman listened to Sean's words before replying bluntly, "That is irrelevant. Whether or not our opponents know the meaning of the attack patterns is of no consequence. The purpose is to allow my Master to be as descriptive as possible while using as few words as possible. 'Fire an Ice Beam towards the ground' takes much more time to communicate than 'Pattern Theta One'. It allows my movements to be both swift and efficient." Glancing at the pair of individuals nearby, she raised a brow as she examined them before turning her attention back to Sean, "It is fortunate that we are not competing against each other immediately. However, I do hope we have the chance to battle."

She had not seen the pair of Eeveelutions with the teen earlier, and she greeted them, "I am Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct of Colress Unit 01. I am also Porygon2. It is nice to make your acquaintance."

Now being directly addressed, Colress beamed, "Ah yes! Colress Machine No. 1054 took a little under a month to create, however it was not the first in the line of robots or androids I have produced, though of course this one is much more refined than the others." Gesturing for Seven to get closer he continued, "The first step was to create the components that were required to create the shell you see before you, including the materials and molds. The unit's endoskeleton is made up of a steel alloy I had to synthesize myself. The greatest difficulties I faced during this project were creating both the Positronic Brain, and an endoskeleton that was able to cross diverse terrain. Unfortunately, Colress Machine No. 1054 is still unable to walk autonomously across varied surfaces, and requires Seven of Nine to control it for it to function optimally."

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker rubbed his hand against the back of his head and sighed. He looked to King and then back to Max before speaking.

"Yeah, the story about how I met him is a rather interesting tale that's too long to get into right now... besides that, you're a sailor huh? I know my fair share about the ocean, I grew up in Canalave after all! Although I spent most of my time in the library..."

Last edited:
Sean looked at Seven with understanding eyes, although it was a good idea for the attack patterns for that reason. He then looked at Colress, who had now begun to explain his android. He smiled as he listened, nodding and finding it amazing that the man had even created the machine in under a month. He must've skipped several days of sleep to achieve that. When he had heard of the positronic brain, it took him a second to realize what it had meant. Although, when he said that the machine couldn't walk over certain surfaces and needed Seven, he looked at the machine with a raised eyebrow. Does that mean that the machine could move on its own without Seven? It seemed so. He decided to ask that, just in case and didn't want to jump to conclusions.

"So, it can move on its own, but needs Seven to move over more terrain, right? And how the hell did you make the Positronic brain so quickly? You're working with antimatter at that point."

Joltz and Arboria looked up at Seven, and they both nodded in greeting. Joltz and Arboria had smelled Seven for a second and were confused as to why she didn't have a scent, until they both realized what she had just said. Joltz smiled and hopped about, waving his paw in a manner of greeting, while Arboria was sitting down and looking at Joltz with a deadpan expression.

Last edited:
"It has sensors that allow it to move if it has instructions, or is being controlled remotely. Still, that functionality is used for diagnostic purposes, it is not advised to use Colress Machine No. 1054 autonomously." When asked about the brain the man beamed, "Ah! So you are familiar with the concept. I was able to create that particular model along with the rest of the project in under a month, however it took extensive research to be able to finalize the brain's design. It is a project I have been working on for quite some time, and was initially commissioned by Ghetsis, though it was not completed until much later. I suppose if you account for all of the research and prototypes before Colress Machine No. 1054's creation, it would add up to around... four or five years, I would need to cross reference."

Meanwhile, Seven's gaze fell to the Jolteon and Leafeon. "Perhaps we can talk at a later time. Though I would be interested to learn what you have observed so far here."

Sean looked at the android and then at Colress with awe. This man was a genius! To be able to create a positronic brain at all was phenomenal! He looked on with an excited face and was bouncing on the balls of his feet again. "That's amazing! The fact that you did it at all is just phenomenal. Wait, you worked for Ghetsis? What was he like?"

Sean had heard of Ghetsis before and rumors about his disappearance or possible lock up. He had no idea who the guy was to be honest, which caused a few heads to turn to their direction. He didn't notice and was just eager having an answer.

Joltz smiled and nodded in understanding, while Arboria gave a small huff. Why did he have to act so darn adorable and get all the attention. Why did she have to be a sourpuss?

Last edited:
Max scoffed at the mention of the library. She never went to one, and for a valid reason. There wasn't a need for her to go there. As a sailor, or course.
"Never been, never will. If I need a story or info, there's someone out on the sea who can tell me about things I need. And as for knowing the ocean, doubt you do. It takes years of experience on the boat to know what to do or where you are. Anyone who's ever sailed can tell you that. But the ocean can take you anywhere you need to go."

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker's face got more red and his faint smile grew into a frown. King looked over at his trainer, knowing exactly how Parker was about to respond.

"W-Well I'm obviously not saying I know more than you do... I just... M-My Uncle, he owned a fishing boat ya' know? My parents were gone most of the time so I spent quite a bit of time at sea with him. He taught me some things..."

Parker was worried he had upset Max, he really didn't mean to sound like he was a know it all or anything like that. He was just trying to relate in some way.

"Yes. Ghestis is truly contemptible. He is quite ambitious, and with power to match it. It is fortunate that his plans were thwarted before they could truly come to fruition." Despite his words, the tone of his voice was just as cheerful as it had been the entire conversation. "But I am sure you are already aware of this?"

The pair of eeveelutions reacted in a way that Seven did not predict. There seemed to be a point of contention, though she was unsure whether or not she was the cause of it. "If I offended you, I apologize." Speaking of offense, there was a pair of Trainers nearby, and one seemed to be in a precarious situation as well. Furrowing her brows, the blonde automaton set her gaze upon the cloaked youth.

It took Sean a moment to remember what contemptible meant, but then he realized what the rumors were about the man. The man making Team Plasma to rule Unova, and then he reformed them again to try and rule Unova... And the entire world. What was strange to Sean was that Colress' tone didn't exactly change much when talking about the man. Maybe that's just the way he was.

Arboria looked at Seven with a raised eyebrow. She made a chirping noise, basically saying that Seven did nothing wrong and that sometimes she finds Joltz's constant energy annoying. Although, her gaze followed Seven and she looked up to see a Bisharp. She got a little defensive, seeing all those blades. Although, Joltz looked over at Seven and wanted to play with her. He bounded around her feet, saying something in his chirping and gekkering (sounds like ack-acka-ack-awooo) that he wanted to play with her.

After Colress and Sean's battle came to a conclusion that Guzma wasn't all surprised to see. Although Sean battled well, the man himself had an idea of what Colress was capable of beyond just his fancy technology. Since it was easy enough to declare the scientist the winner, Guzma felt no need to interrupt the two, and let them finish up. He waved them off in his usual manner once they all broke off, heading back to his own room for the night, much to the teasing of Atty questioning on what took him so long, only to quickly quiet her when presented with the Sweet Hearts.

--

The next morning came quicker than the two expected, Guzma waiting in the doorway as Atty finished her morning routine. "Think you can go any slower?" He quipped, a sly little grin on his face.

"Oh, hush," Atty retorted, slipping her heels on and grabbing her shoulder bag. "I would've expected with all that time around Plumeria, you'd be used to this kinda thing."

He shrugged, stepping over to let the young woman out the door first. "Yeah, only 'cause she'd start throwing shit at me if I bothered her too much. Kinda hard not to shut up when you get a still-hot flat iron tossed at you."

After a bit more discussion on the current topic of morning routines, makeup, hair, and the like, the two finally made their way down the hall and back to the central hub. They stepped onto the scene, hand in hand, glancing around at the competition. Colress and Sean were already present, as well as a couple other familiar faces they had seen throughout their time in Almia so far, but no one else they could easily recognize. Having Colress as the only one here that knew who he was put Guzma at ease, knowing the other man didn't exactly care for his less-than-perfect reputation. If anything, they were in a similar boat, only Guzma had no smarts to easily redeem himself with.

(OOC: If you are not at the host or made a post that you are there, then you can always make a post reacting to the host and basically be at the "orientation" already. We have time skipped to the next day.)

BIC:
The host walked up to raised stage, looking at all the participants. He had a mic and poked the sponge on the mic. A resounding thud could be heard from the speakers and he jumped at that, causing a few giggles amongst the crowd, them being Sean after he flinched from the sudden sound.

The host smiled and stood up straight, putting on his best profile of a host. His voice held an announcer quality to it that would capture mostly everyone's attention.

"Welcome, everyone! Thank you for coming here and participating in our Annual Almia Tournament for the Liberty of the Tower Ceremony hosted North of Peril Cliffs. Let me introduce myself. I am Host Michaels, but you can call me Host. Yes, Host is my first name and my profession. I've been hosting this ceremony every since the actions taken against Team Dim Sun vanquished them forever as commemoration for the heroes who have saved us, and I've also reported news while getting in the action with the Rangers and Operators in charge of keeping Almia safe. I'm also 35, great with kids... Single," with that, he kept a straight face and eyed everyone down before his facade broke and he started laughing. Some people, after realizing it was a joke, giggled a little. "Now, now, you're not here to see my Poke-Tinder profile. But damn, I look swole.... I mean... When I was a bodybuilder during the summer," a picture of his poorly photoshopped face on a bodybuilder with the beach in the background showed up on the screen overhead. He looked up and looked a little offended, but it was all play. "Hey, this isn't a comedy stand-up. This isn't even scripted, get that out of here." The picture stayed for a bit before disappearing, allowing any pictures to be taken by this ridiculous, off shaded pasty white face on a really tan, buff body, that is also photoshopped on a beach. "Okay, now that humiliation is done.... And I thought the kids were bad..." He peeked over at the people in charge of the screen, and one of them was trying to hide his smiling and giggling behind his hand. He sighed and then continued. "Now, let's get down to business. The brackets for everyone will show up behind me."

A large screen came to life and, on a green backdrop of a harbor that resembled Pueltown, had branches coming off from either side. There were 16 spots on each side, each prong had everyone's names.

"Now, the first round will have you using one Pokemon. Once you beat that, you are allowed to use three in the second and third round. In the fourth round, you use only three Pokemon again, but the battle changes while you fight. It is completely randomized, so be careful. In the Semifinals, you use a full team with the battlefield changing mid-battle. In the Finals, you use a full team, but now the battlefield stays static. This not only tests out how well you've trained your Pokemon, but your creativity on the fly, as well. Now, about the way we roll with battles. Switch-ins during battle is allowed, BUT... You have to raise both of your hands up- I'm kidding. You don't have to do anything special, just switch in. Just don't be a d-... Jerk about it and have your Pokemon dodge an attack with a switch-in. You can use any combination of Pokemon in your battles," his censorship caused his face to visually flinch a little. Darn kids...

Now that everything was done, he began to wrap it up. "Thank you all for joining in on our hermit-like culture and allowing us to be super hospitable. This screen stays up and is updated every round. Those doors over there will only permit participants that are up for battle. Yes, both of you must enter the tunnel together, meet each other in the middle of the battlefield, keep your dignity and say some sportsman-like things, and then head off onto one end of the field. On the second floor, we have a bridge heading into the stands, so you can sit and watch. We tend to make battles here formal with as much sportsmanship as we can. Respect your rivals and enemies, since they are the ones that help make you better by either building you up or being the bad examples that you can learn from. Good luck on your future battles and may you have an awesome time here in Almia. The next fight will be between Serena and Dennis."

With that, the man left the stage and gave the man operating the TV screen the mic, while also wagging a finger at him, to which the man responded with a chuckle before putting the mic away.

Sean looked on in awe and giggled at all the jokes and especially the picture. His Pokemon were sure enjoying the little bit of entertainment, too. He looked at Colress and gave him a thumbs up and a hearty smile. "Well, I guess it is good luck now."

Last edited: