• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Annual Almia Tournament (RP)

Sean quickly matched the gait of Guzma while his Pokemon were trailing by him. He looked quite surprised when he saw Guzma freak out about the TV thing. There must be a way to calm him down, right? He searched for something, and then found it. He decided to talk about his own experience at a tournament in Kanto.

"Well, it's not that bad. The cameras are small, so you can't see them. They are probably controlled by Magnemites, which are already small at a distance, and once you get into the heat of the battle, the adrenaline keeps you from observing the cameras, essentially tunneling you to the battle at hand instead of what is going on outside of the battle. I had massive stage fright when going up on my first battle in a tournament when I was 11. But, when I realized the cameras were super small, I tried to focus on the battle because my Pokemon, well most of them, needed my guidance. So I focused on that instead. I didn't get too far, but that was because I didn't train my Pokemon enough, not because stage fright killed my performance. Also, the stage is going to be huge, so the people up on the bleachers above you will seem like ants to you. Plus, they'll be more focused on the two Pokemon battling, not the trainers unless there is an upset with the trainer."

After explaining his two cents, he looked up to see Pandora trotting along. He thought the little Bug-Type was adorable (heh, little). He decided to strike up a conversation away from the tournament. "Hey, where did you get Pandora? She looks pretty cute."

Last edited:
"Yeah, I- Yeah. Forget about it, I'll be fine. Thanks, kid." Sean's words helped only a little bit, but the man was still anxious. It wasn't so much that he was worried about the attention initially, but... Moreso if someone had recognized him and brought up his past. Atty kept reassuring him that almost no one in Almia would recognize him, considering how Team Skull was only known in the small islands of Alola. He felt like an outsider to everything that was going on- Even though this had not been the first time they traveled. A couple months back she had actually allowed him to go back to Unova with her and sightsee a little bit before ending up here in Almia. He had also met her parents, and that went... Well, better than he had expected. Granted, that was because him and Atty made absolutely no mention of his past. He could feel their judgmental stares, but they had eventually come around.

This, though? This was different. Being on television meant anyone tuning in could see him, whether he wanted them to or not. He had no control, and it was an uncomfortable thought.

The sound of Atty's voice dragged him back up to reality. Sean had asked her about Pandora, and she was happily responding. "Right in Unova, Pinwheel Forest! I'm from there, so she was one of the very first Pokemon I caught myself. She ended up being on my very first team, along with my Weavile, who I also brought to the tournament."

Max watched as everyone else started their long treck up the mountain to the stadium. "Heh, looks like were the only ones prepared." Max said with a grin. There was a reason G came along with her, not only cause he was amazing. G was undeniably her fastest pokemon in the right senario. Max slipped onto G's back like Yoda on Luke. "Speed time."

G raced forward, quickly overtaking the lift and the other trainers on the way up. As he ran, G slowly rotated his fins so the air flowed down, sending air draft below him. Once G reached Sean and Guzma, he hit the turbo. An aura of dragon energy surrounded the two, and Max pulled down her goggles yet again. Almost like a bullet and a gun, G rocketed forward almost like he was fired from a cannon. Max kept low, knowing that getting up at this speed is very dangerous, yet still yelled in excitement.

Sean smiled with wonder at the large bug. This must be the largest Bug-Type to ever exist! He looked over to see Guzma was still irritated, but Sean did his best, while not knowing what the guy was going through. His ears heard something from a distance, and right when he looked he saw a purple blur speed past him and up the cliffs. He turned around and could hardly make out some kind of purple dragon with a trainer on board. Was that a Garchomp? Wait, was it the same lady he had mistaken as a guy before? Probably. The rangers near the gondola lift watched the Garchomp practically fly up there while shielding their eyes from the dust created by such a spectacular take-off. Cool.

After that was over, he decided to talk about his own Pokemon. "Cool! My Joltz and Arboria would be battling, but they don't want to battle at this one, so I brought more of my friends along. My two little Eeveelutions would just happily watch me from the sidelines. Oh, and uh... Do you have anymore Bug-Types on you? I was just wondering, since my boyfriend is really fond of Bug- and Ground-Types, and I was wondering what Bug-Type to find and give him. He doesn't have any of the ones in Alola, nor in Kalos. Can you recommend one to me, so I can go and catch it for him?" He looked up at Guzma and Atty with adorable doe eyes. For a 20-year-old, he seemed to be quite the child still. It could just be that he didn't have as much harrowing adventures as most trainers, but he can be mature if he needed to be.

Last edited:
There was a rush of wind as someone else had passed up the group, kicking up a bit of dust around the couple as whoever it was rushed past on their Garchomp.

Pandora had suddenly become startled, tossing her head and letting out a cry, Atty nearly getting bucked off before Guzma had stepped in. He placed his firm hands on her large neck, trying to hold her and calm her down while his girlfriend held on. "Easy girl, easy! S'Alright, okay? I gotcha," He spoke to the large bug, suddenly displaying a kindness that Sean had yet to see. Once things had settled down and Pandora returned to normal, he cooed back to the beast. "See, nothin' wrong. Atta girl." He received a quick nuzzle from her, then turned to Atty. "You okay back there?"

Atty nodded, adjusting her seating on Pandora and stroking her neck, the bug still breathing a bit heavily from the startle. "Yeah, all good! Thanks for that, Guzie- Wouldn't have been the first time she kicked me off, though."

The two of them focused back on Sean now, who had ended up asking a very important question. The couple looked at each other, a grin spreading onto Guzma's face as Atty nodded. He instantly took the reigns of the conversation, giving himself the spotlight. "Well, you're lookin' at the number one guy for that kinda stuff- Big, bad Guzma himself! I got a real good one here, same with her," He nodded over to the young lady, still riding on the back of Pandora. "Let's show him, yeah?"

She giggled at his sudden display of confidence, pulling out a Net Ball from her bag. Guzma had done similar, reaching into one of the deep pockets on his sweatpants, pulling out an Ultra Ball. The two released their Pokemon at the same time, large shadows suddenly cast as the bugs were revealed. Two Golisopods. One large, the other slightly smaller, pink little bows on each of her purple antennae. Upon realizing they had both been freed, they turned to one another, happily chittering and beginning to nuzzle each other.

Sean had watched in awe while Guzma took care of the Scolipede, calming her down extremely quickly and with a hint of warmth that he hadn't seen yet. He was really taken aback, and started to like the guy more. If he wanted to, he would be a great candidate for a brother. That seemed to be jumping a little too far, but he really liked the guy for some reason. When he started to quickly become confident in his speech, Sean had felt like he was on some kind of emotional roller coaster ride with him. Jeez, was this guy quick to change emotions. He stepped back as two huge isopod-like Pokemon appeared in front of him. When they saw each other and began to snuggle, Sean had let out the most girliest squeal.

"They are perfect..." he whispered, loving the adorable sight in front of him. His Pokemon by his feet were smiling huge smiles as they saw the two Pokemon snuggle each other. It was a pretty beautiful and adorable sight. He then asked Guzma and Atty, with fire of delight and passion burning in his eyes. "Where did you get them? What do they evolve from? My boyfriend will so totally love them!"

Last edited:
The Golisopods turned, now realizing they were being watched. The smaller, feminine one waved towards Sean with a free claw, holding onto her partner's with the other. Although the two were now eyeing the new face and their respective trainers, they still occasionally delved into a fit of chitters and nuzzles.

Atty laughed, beaming a grin at the other boy. "Okay, okay! Slow down! I feel like this is more up Guz's alley. You wanna explain to him?" She turned to her boyfriend, who now also had a wide smile on his face.

"A'course. What do you take me for, some kinda amateur?" He laughed, standing tall and stuffing his hands into his pockets. "To start off, these two lovebirds here are both Golisopod. They're native to Alola, never heard of them being seen anywhere else, actually." He nodded towards the two bugs. "Don't even think about takin' on a wild one, though. You're better off looking for their pre-evolution, Wimpod. Much easier to catch."

"Yeah, easy if you know what you're doing." Atty interjected, teasing Guzma.

"Well you can take the stupid way and chase around the poor thing, or you could actually take your time with it 'n make friends before catchin' it." Guzma shrugged, knowing that most people only knew about the former way. "We actually got a Wimpod with us. You wanna take him out, Atty?" He looked over at her, the girl already looking through her bag and pulling out a Love Ball. It clicked open, a flash of light spreading into her arms and slowly fading to show a tiny Wimpod decorated with a little Cherish Bell bow, still asleep and now being cradled by Atty.

(OOC: WARNING: There is a giant post ahead and strong language that readers may consider offensive.)

BIC:
Scott entered the small restaurant when the Oshawott was calm enough to not cause too much disruption to everyone else within close proximity. The Oshawott noticed his trainer sitting at a table adjacent to his trainer’s left side. A man in his mid twenties took swift notice of the shadow Pokémon and its trainer after turning to his right side, as he asked, “Well, I haven’t seen you both around before. How do you both do?”

“I’m fine, kinda had a rough start when a kid made my little one a bit upset. How about yourself?” Scott replied while no response came from the Oshawott.

The shadow Pokémon noticed the same boy from earlier sitting near the counter, sipping on a cup of fresh water while gossiping to the waitress, “Hey, did you hear about that little Pokémon that went off? He sure caused a lot of trouble to where even the rangers had to get involved. Man, even that dragon is more mature than that little brat!”

A surge of dark aura started to flow around the Oshawott’s body, as he emitted an unnerving roar towards the boy!

“Oh no... don’t tell me that kid’s here too...” Scott whispered to the man while the man gave a deep sigh towards the shadow Pokémon.

“Is he normally like this? I’ve never seen a Pokémon get so lit up that quick,” The man enquired.

“Not always, he’s usually calm... but he can be like that for a minute, and then suddenly going wild at the next,” Scott responded while releasing his Slurpuff.

Before the Oshawott could rush at the boy, the Slurpuff released a small amount of a soothing scent at the sea otter Pokémon. The shadow Pokémon stopped in his tracks the moment when the pleasant aroma snuck its way into his nose, while attempting to resist the peaceful scent clashing with his dark aura.

“Hah, look at him! He’s going to explode!” The kid cheerfully cried.

“What do you mean look? He’s gonna destroy the place if you don’t apologize to him or something! Haven’t you got some manners kid? I saw what happened near the dock while I was on my way here just so you know you little prat!” The waitress retorted while the Spinarak on her right shoulder emitted an unsatisified vibration at the boy.

“I mean... look... it’s a joke. You all can handle those right... r- right? H- hello?” The boy replied in a noticeably quieter tone than usual while emitting a series of low whimpers towards the waitress.

“Yeah right, jokes my arse you good for nothing smeg head! Next thing you know, you’re going to be telling us that making a little Pokémon upset is all part of a prank! You should apologize to him right now before he goes off!” The waitress fulminated while the face on the Spinarak’s back had an angered look towards the boy.

“I- I’m sorry... there... is that okay?” The boy quietly said while the Oshawott took several stomps towards the boy.

“I don’t think you are going to even mean it! You’re just doing this just to delay the inevitable! Stop wasting my time... ALL YOU ARE DOING IS BEING A LITTLE CUNT!” The babyish voice shouted from the orb the shadow Pokémon launched straight at the boy’s face!

“Woah... I’ve never heard him swear like that... I guess it’s true, the little ones quickly learn what’s said around them,” Scott thought while the Slurpuff attempted to pacify the Oshawott’s rage.

“Kid... look, you seriously need to actually mean it! Are you really just going to be a cold, heartless person that drives others crazy for your own enjoyment? I could of let my little one beat you until you only saw black, but now I’m starting to have second thoughts!” Scott protested while the boy gave a light sigh while the Oshawott held the boy at knifepoint.

“F- fine... I’m sorry for what I did, j- just let me go! My mom’s gonna kill me if she knows I was gone for an hour or two!” The boy cried while the waitress watched.

“You better start repeating after me, or else... THIS WILL BE THE LAST YOU’LL EVER SEE ME!” The voice screeched.

The waitress and the man sitting next to Scott observed the boy obeying the Oshawott’s stern command in a dubious manner, as they heard the boy saying, “I- I am... a- a c- complete and u- utter l- lo- lo- loser... I d- do n- no- nothing... b- bu- but... c- c- ca- cau- cause... suf- suffering... f- f- for e- ev- everyone else a- and... w- wa- waste p- pr- pre- preci- precious b- breath... o- on... t- th- this planet... I- I- I’m c- cau- causing t- t- to... r- r- r- ro- rot...”

“C- ca- can... y- y... ou... l- le- le... t- t... m- m- m... e... g- g- g... o...” The boy babbled while several tears rained upon the wooden floor.

“Hmm... good enough... FOR A CHUMP THAT IS!” The voice pilloried before the boy was sent flying out of the doorway with a powerful wicked blade of shadowy air!

“Waaauugghh! T- that hurt! P- PLEASE DON’T KILL ME!” The boy shrieked.

“If you want to keep seeing that beautiful star for another day... THEN GET MOVING BITCH! I DON’T WANT TO SEE THAT UGLY FACE OF YOUR’S EVER AGAIN!” The voice roared before the orb disappeared in the air into a light, harmless cloud of clear gas.

There was no sign of the boy seconds later, as the Oshawott gave a loud, lenghty grunt before stomping back to his trainer.

“I’m sorry to say this, but I think that I might need to take you to the nurse soon. I can’t stand seeing you being out of control and hurting not only others, but also yourself. I don’t know if you can battle in the tournament, because you look like you’re either going to destroy everyone until nothing is left or it’s going to end up like it did a week ago,” Scott proclaimed.

“I- it’s fine... the threat has fled... all I need... IS FOR NO OTHER DORKS TO PISS ME THE HELL OFF!” The Oshawott inveighed while the dark aura continued to remain as strong as an inelastic line on a supply graph.

“Okay... please do not use that kind of language. I understand that you’re upset, but you should not be screaming at others like that. The kid is gone, and no one got hurt. Please take a deep breath while I place our order to the waitress,” Scott calmly stated after a brief glance at the menu’s contents before picking up the shadow Pokémon and holding him with a tight grip.

After the order was quickly stated to the waitress, the waitress gave a nod of approval and went in the kitchen to give the written order to the chef. The Oshawott’s dark aura was invisible after indulging in his bottle of milk his trainer gave him. The Slurpuff stood by her trainer, while returning to her ball seconds later.

“Hopefully nothing too bad happens at the tournament, I guess I still have a lot more to learn about the little shadow otter,” Scott thought while cradling the shadow Pokémon in his arms.

Throughout their journey to Peril Cliffs, Nina was uncharacteristically quiet. It wasn't that she didn't want to make conversation with her new acquaintances. On the contrary, she wanted nothing else more than she wanted to get to know the very first person in however many years to actually accept a date proposal. Try as she might though, Nina couldn't take her mind off of her newfound discovery. She had heard of some crazy things going on in Orre a few years back, but she had never thought to look into it. Now Shadow Pokemon we're a real threat, and some strange man was likely entering one in the tournament for who know what kind of scheme. And here she thought this was going to be a fun time.

She would've consulted Ruhig about it, but he had since asked to return to his pokeball. He probably didn't feel like talking about what was probably the single scariest thing he had ever seen. If Nina was a Pokemon, she probably wouldn't want to talk about it either. The Sinnoh woman needed something to distract her: something to get her mind off of this whole Shadow Pokemon business. Ancients knew she wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if she couldn't occupy herself, let alone battle in the tournament.

"So, uh...Seven, you and Colress are here for the tournament, right? Are either of you battling?"

Both Colress and Seven weren't exactly much for small talk, so they were content to remain quiet alongside Nina. Now that they had stepped off the gondola, however, it seemed that the capped woman wished to break the silence.

Colress was occupied with something presumably important, and probably Shadow Pokémon-related given the names of the charts and graphs upon the touch screen. If one were nosy, they might see energy readings specific to the Oshawott and the incident from hours prior.

Seeing that her Master was preoccupied, Seven responded, "Correct. My Master intends to register for the Tournament, and I will be fighting by his side." Blue eyes locked to Nina's she continues, "Considering you traveled such a distance, I can only assume you are here to participate as well?"

"Oh, yeah! See, I've been doing this trainer thing for a while, and...er..." Nina took a second to process what she just heard. Did Seven just call four eyes over there "Master?" She guessed that eliminated the "family" hypothesis, unless this Colress guy was even more...unique...than he seemed. Were they an item after all? No, that couldn't be it. Seven accepted the date offer, didn't she? Right on front of Colress no less! Was he just really oblivious? Maybe she was looking for an out from a passionless relationship? Or could this possibly be a communal relationship?

It occurred to Nina that it was much more likely that Seven just worked for the scientist looking guy. Maybe it was a cultural thing, or maybe Colress just had some peculiarities. Either way, she didn't sense any sort of bond between them that suggested anything more than "friends." As far as being alongside him in battle...well, support was a fairly common role in traveling parties, wasn't it? Either that or this was secretly tag team tournament. For her own sake, Nina hoped it was the former.

"Sorry, just thought of something. But, yeah, my partners and I will be in the tournament as well. And hey, as long as we don't get paired against each other, maybe you could cheer me on?" Nina honestly had no idea if she was coming on too strong now. She'd never really gotten this far before.

As Nina explained that she too was a Trainer, Seven gave her acknowledgement, even though the answer was as she had expected. However, what the guised Virtual Pokémon did not expect, was her sudden silence. Suddenly, mid sentence. Normally, the silence would have been awkward for most anyone else, but the blonde waited patiently, her blue eyes boring into the now silent woman.

Picking up the conversation once again, Seven listened to the capped woman. Giving her a nod, she'd reply, "I do hope we are paired against each other at some point, as that would indicate our respective victories over the other participants. Of course, I will cheer for you, assuming we are not adversaries."

"We should register for the tournament. According to this guide, there will be a host present at the stadium's front doors. They should be able to assist." Pausing, the woman looked to Nina, "Which partner do you plan to use for the qualification round?"

"Which one, eh? Well..." Nina was conflicted on whether or not to tell Seven anything about her team. Colress could technically be her first opponent, and Seven could easily tell him her choice so he can make a counter plan. At the same time though, it would be wrong to lie to her, right? Especially if Nina was planning on dating her! Relationships are based on trust, after all. So she would have to trust that Seven wouldn't divulge information to Colress. "Alright, just don't tell your smart buddy over there, okay? I was planning on sending out Patch for the first round. Er, Patch being a Primeape, that is. We've been travelling together for a while now, but he's still the newest member so I thought it would be good to limber him up."

When Nina requested that she not mention this to Colress, she gave a nod of compliance. Glancing at her companion, who was totally enthralled in his work, she'd shake her head, "Of course not." After a moment, Seven continued, "I expect my Master to choose One of Nine, Primary Supplement of Colress Unit 01. It is a Metagross."

Listening to Nina, she gave her a curt nod. "I see. Fighting-types are effective against a wide range of opponents. It is... a wise decision." Pausing for a moment, she considered the situation before elaborating, "I am not expecting the qualification round to be exceedingly difficult."

Sean waved back at the Golisopods when one of them, assuming the female one (since it did have cute pink bows on the antennae), had waved at him. His smile never ceasing as he listened to Guzma with such interest. He nodded in understanding and then interjected at the end of his explanation of how to catch a Wimpod by saying "I usually go the latter route, anyway, so it shouldn't be too hard." When he said that they had a Wimpod with them, Sean was practically bouncing up and down to see it. When Atty released the cute little love bug and cradled it, Sean had to stop himself from squealing by putting his hand over his mouth. He whispered with such glee "He's so cute.... Did you name them? What are their names?"

He had never been this excited before. He actually had to keep himself from crying as he stared in awe with adorable looking eyes with twinkles in them. He then looked up at Guzma with the same expression and asked: "Where did you guys find the Wimpods?"

Last edited:
Guzma leaned past Pandora and over Atty, who had brought out the little Wimpod they were both looking after. His expression turned into a smile, features softening as she gazed over his lover and what was essentially their child. Voice low, but this time with the typical grittiness gone, he quietly spoke up. "Hey lil' guy... Still tuckered out from the trip, huh?"

Atty gave an equally soft smile, beginning to gently rock the bug in her arms as it continued to rest. She whispered to Sean, raising her voice just enough for him to hear. "This little one is named Tidepool. Over there are Flower and Golis. Flower's mine."

Guzma nodded, looking up to the isopods as they continued to fawn over one another. "'S'not an official nickname or anything. I jus' like to shorten his name."

She continued, Tidepool sturring lightly in her arms, the Soothe Bell softly chiming as he moved. "You can typically find Wimpod around the coasts of Alola, but they prefer the rocky areas the best. They get startled easily, and often run back into their dens when they get scared. Tidepool, though, we found as an egg. There were a couple Murkrows fighting over him, but then me and Guz happened to walk by and scare them off."

"We couldn't find the nest, so we decided to take 'im in. Couldn't leave the little guy all alone, could we?" Guzma chimed in. "After he hatched, we tried gettin' our Golisopods to raise him, but he wouldn't have it. He kinda... Imprinted on us. Yeah."

Sean watched as Guzma became extremely fatherly. Wow, he didn't expect such a thug looking guy to instantly become nice and sweet. Although, it was a very nice change and it only made Sean want to be with the couple more. He had to control his voice, so he wouldn't wake up the little Tidepool. To be honest though, these were really cute names for such cute bugs. He almost got lost in the soft chiming of the Soothe Bell, but managed to pick up what she had said about where the Wimpod live. The problem was, that there were four islands and they were all essentially coast-like. Of course, he could probably ask his tutor about where they live specifically. Although, it seemed like they had lived everywhere, by their description. He knew that the shores of all four islands were either beaches or rocky shores, so it would be awhile to find some. He'll give it a try, though. Although, he found the story of their obtaining of Tidepool adorable, especially when the little baby chose the two trainers instead of their Golisopods.

Sean looked ahead to see the gondola lift was just close enough to see. He looked up to see the cords and the supporting beams the lift was on, and rangers guarding the supporting beams with their Partner Pokemon from any wild Pokemon that thought it was funny to break the beams. He could hear the crows of a Staraptor from up above, as the Pokemon was probably trying to intimidate another. He saw that they were empty at the moment, so told the others in a quieter voice than what he was going to use originally, that the lift was just up ahead, and that it was empty. He walked forward, but only so fast, as to let the large Bug-Type keep up with him. His Jolteon and Leafeon bounding alongside him happily. As he got closer, he could see the Peril Cliffs in detail. The dark earthy rocks jutted upwards and upwards, the cragginess offset by the soft brown color of the dirt. He wouldn't doubt that the rocks were sharp and hard though, and there were moss and vines growing along the walls of the cliffs. If he so chose, he could climb it. But he would rather go by lift. There is no telling what powerful Pokemon laid up there, and he wanted to stay close with the couple, since he liked their company.

As he got closer, the conductor of the gondola lift waved at them all. As they got closer, the conductor bowed and welcomed them to the lift. "Hello, my name is Max, and I am the conductor of the gondola lift. If you wish to take the lift, then please be sure to keep all hands, feet, and Pokemon inside the lift at all times. There will be periodic stops as other trainers will be hopping on board. I also suggest returning all Pokemon that exceed the height limit of six feet, or one meter and 83 centimeters, and exceed the weight limit of 125 pounds or 57 kilograms. We want to keep our gondolas functional and to keep the structure of the cords strong and to allow the lift to.. Well, lift you guys up. Hop on in, and enjoy the ride."

Sean nodded and smiled toward the kind conductor and hopped on into the gondola, sitting down at one end of the gondola, so that his back was facing the direction they'll be going. His Leafeon and Jolteon hopped on inside and sat down next to him. Now, he waited for Atty and Guzma to hop in.

Last edited:
As they approached the lift, Atty let out a small huff, still being quiet as to not suddenly wake Tidepool. "Welp, looks like this is where I get off," She gently handed the Wimpod to Guzma, the man being uncharacteristically soft as he took the bug stomach-up into his strong arms. Sliding off of Pandora's back, she recalled the Scolipede, as well as her Golisopod.

Guzma did the same, slowly placing the Ultra Ball back into his pocket. Tidepool had begun to slightly stir more as the couple followed Sean and loaded themselves onto the gondola. Hopefully things wouldn't get too loud. It was just a quick ride to the top, and then they would be able to register themselves into the tournament and settle in whatever room they got assigned to.

Atty rummaged her bag, pulling out a soft, pastel yellow blanket. "Here, give him this for the time being."

"Thanks," Guzma whispered in response, taking the blankie and putting it in the arms of Tidepool. The Wimpod kept its eyes closed, moving slightly as it felt the fluffy fabric. He began to kick his little legs, clinging onto the blanket and making himself comfortable. The Soothe Bell softly rang each time he wiggled, eventually dying down as he went back to relaxing. Guzma had watched everything, the ex-thug going quiet and keeping an eye on the tiny Pokemon, a massive change from his louder behavior earlier.

The gondola slowly moved, and then began to climb up, the cords silent as they pulled the gondola up the cliffs. The cords let off a strange sound as they were slack for a second and wiggled around in the wind, but they soon became still as the weight of the gondola and their passengers caused the cords to tighten safely. Meanwhile, Sean was trying not to stare too long at the adorable sight in front of him. His Pokemon were asleep beside him, resting up for the big day and to regain their energy they lost from coming a long ways.

Sean looked out of the glassless window and saw the cliffs moving slowly beneath him. He felt powerful being up above them, with the sharp rocks down below not looking as intimidating as they were when he was at the bottom of the cliffs. He guessed that being tall meant everything. There were a lot of tough-looking Pokemon down there, too. There were Geodudes and Gravelers rolling down the sheer cliffs, Machops and Mankeys testing their strength with the rocks on the cliffs and even hefting and throwing Geodudes and Gravelers to the cliff ledges above them, Spearows pecking at the Pinecos while the Pinecos looked like they were going to explode, Arons and Mawiles chasing Magnemites as they float just above their reach, Staravia and a flock of Gligar fight for territory with an Aerodactyl swooping down from high above the lift to attack the swarm of Gligar, Larvitar snacking on the cliffs, Numel walking around and sleeping near the warmer parts of the cliffs, and Cherrims behind Shieldons as they protect them from a raging Rampardos. There was so much action happening down below, that Sean didn't even believe it at first. Almia was lively!

He looked up and asked another question to the couple. "How long have you two been together? How did you guys meet up?"

Last edited:
Danny grabbed Serena's hand and swam towards the shore. He reached a point were he could stand and started walking. Once the couple was on land, Serena made the observation that all of Slippy's goo had washed away.

After wandering through the town a bit, Danny and Serena entered the Gondola which would take them to the registration area. The lift slowly took off.

Still sopping wet, Danny pulled his backpack off his shoulders and ruffled through it for towel for him and Serena. Upon opening the bag, Danny's hand was instantly cut. "What the hell!" Danny shouted at his bag. A small blue eye revealed it's self in Danny's bag.

Danny grabbed at the eye and pulled out a Honedge. "Yato, why'd you cut me?" Danny questioned the small Pokemon as he inspected thesmall sword pokemon

Guzma stayed quiet with Tidepool still in his arms, allowing Atty to speak up and explain.

"Well," She started, voice still soft. "It's been almost a year now, I wanna say. We met in Alola- I was there for a couple months for a trip and met him on Ula'Ula Island. It was a little awkward at first, but... We hit it off pretty well, actually." She glanced up at the larger man, noting a hint of a smile on his face. "I decided to stay in Alola for a little while longer, and then the both of us went back to Unova for a month or so. We managed to get a place in Icirrus for a bit, but also decided it would be fun to travel to a region neither of us had been to, and this tournament was a pretty good excuse to do that."

The couple's attention was drawn as another pair made their way onto the gondola, the ride momentarily stopping as described before. Guzma had paid them no mind- Up until the other male had suddenly shouted at something. The soft ring of the Soothe Bell echoed in the gondola space as Tidepool began to writhe, the white-haired man shooting a deadly glare at Danny. His steely eyes were coated with intimidation, upset at the boy's sudden outburst. Was it not obvious there was a baby on board? As much as he wanted to yell about it, that would only make things worse.

Hearing the commotion in front of him after the gondola stopped and seeing Guzma's irritation, Sean fished for something in his bag. He finally found what he was looking for. A pair of fluffy ear muffs that were also noise cancelling. They were bright yellow, and he shuffled over as the gondola moved again, careful to not face plant from his center of gravity changing. He gave either of the two the ear muffs and explained quietly to them what it was. "Here, these are ear muffs that cancel most sound. I had twin Pichus, so had two pairs of ear muffs, so they can more easily sleep at night. Since bugs usually sense by vibrations when they hear, these ear muffs should block out most vibrations."

When he gave them the ear muffs, he shuffled back to his seat and sat back down. They were half-way there, too. Joltz and Arboria were still sleeping on the seats, and one of Sean's Pokemon were trying to erupt from their Poke Ball. He looked at which one and it was his Jumpluff. Well then. Wata would just have to wait. He didn't want a Pokemon erupting from their Poke Ball to wake up the little critter. He hushed the shaking Poke Ball and held it close to his heart. The shaking slowly ceased, and he was able to put it back on his belt without further problems.

Last edited:
Danny silenced at the sight of the burly white haired man. He shoved Honedge back in the bag and laced his fingures through Serena’s hand. He leaned closer to his girlfriend and whispered,” That man, with the white hair and is really fatherly towards that Wimpod, I think I’ve seen him somewhere.” This was a true statement. Danny had seen wanted posters for the man during his time in Alola, but thinking of it brought back the awful memories of Alola, so he pushed the thought of Alola out of his mind.

Danny pulled a towel out of the second pocket of his bag, which didn’t have a sharp blade in it. He wrapped the towel around him and Serena. He felt a little bad about upsetting the Wimpod, but not really.

Guzma cautiously plucked the earmuffs from Sean's hand, unsure of how to respond to the act of kindness, considering they had just met less than an hour ago. "...Thanks," He awkwardly whispered back, securing the muffs on Tidepool. The Wimpod responded positively, calming down and falling back into slumber as the surrounding noise was cancelled out. It wasn't that Guzma didn't like Sean or anything, rather, he simply just wasn't used to being treated as an actual, everyday stranger. He was far too used to having such a negative reputation- The idea that someone would be naive enough to see him as any other guy and treat him with an ounce of respect was simply alien to him.

Atty carefully watched her lover's expression, noting how his brows knitted together. He was definitely deep in thought about something, and she had a solid idea of what it could be. She reached out, silently putting a hand on his shoulder, signaling to him that she knew he was in a sort of mood.

--

The two were relatively quiet the rest of the short ride to the top, peering their heads up once the gondola had made its final stop. Atty took the muffs off of Tidepool, returning them back to Sean and returning Tidepool back into his ball. "Thank you for that," She smiled at Sean, keeping the conversation going since Guzma was still quiet and moody. She momentarily turned to him to receive Tidepool's blanket and place it back in her bag, attention once again on Sean afterwards. "I was going to ask, do you know how long this tournament is planned to be? I don't expect all the battles to take place on the same day. I heard there was rooming for anyone participating, so it's definitely an overnight experience. What do you think, like a week or two?" She talked with the other male, hand in hand with Guzma as they stepped out of the gondola and began to walk to the tourney hall, giving Sean a chance to follow.

Sean was taken a little aback at Guzma's awkward reaction, but he appreciated that he took his sincere help. He was happy to see that the two like his help. He got kind of worried that Guzma thought him weird, or didn't like him, but judging by how he looks, he kind of looks like a thug or something. Maybe he just wasn't received well with others? Maybe. He wouldn't doubt it, especially if he had looked like that before.

The ride to the top was quite a peaceful one, but the action happening down below was less so. For such a peaceful region, the Pokemon here were abnormally aggressive at times. Must be mating season or something. He wouldn't doubt it, it was Spring. The gondola made its final stop and it had come to a stop slowly and nicely, letting the passengers disembark on toward the tournament. Sean smiled back at Atty, who had thanked him. When she asked him the question of how long the tournament was going to take when he caught up to her, he suddenly fished around in his backpack for a brochure about the tournament and finally pulled it out. He opened it and showed it to the couple while still allowing himself some sight, so he can read aloud. He found the passage, and pointed at it, while reading: " 'The tournament will be up for no later than a week. All participants must register by Sunday, and housing and food will be paid for the participants to stay and be fed while they train for the battle.' Wow, they are pretty hospitable. Uh... Anyway, 'The festivities will last until Sunday next week. If the participants can't battle for any reason when they are set to battle at 12 that day, they will be forced to forfeit their position, and their opponent will automatically win.' Well, that's less nice. Well, I wouldn't doubt it. I heard from one of the locals that the stadium was going to be used after the tournament as a kind of a Pokemon Ranger stadium, where Rangers compete with their Styluses to capture as many Pokemon as they can and they get points by how many they catch and how strong they are. I heard they were supposed be up in about a half a year, but I'm not so certain. I'd watch it, though."

After that, he put the brochure away and looked up to see the area sprawling with stands with food and merchandise being sold from places all over the world. Lumiose galettes, Castelia cones, Lava Cookies, Rage Candy Bars, Old Gateaus, Shalour Sables, Sweet Hearts, Poke Beans, Poke Puffs, Poffins, Poke Blocks, Apricorn Juice, Tapu Cocoa, Pinap Juice, Roserade Tea, Komala Coffee, and even the ol' Lemonade, Fresh Water, and Moomoo Milk. Anything anyone wants, they'll find here, including cinnamon Donphan ears and Pika-Cola. The registration building was huge, towering over all the concession stands and casting the nicely paved path towards the doors in shadow. The grass was neatly trimmed, and the registration building had three floors. The first floor had a lobby and a registration office, with a Pokemon Center and a specialized Almian Pokemon Mart that sells Pokemon Ranger merchandise. It also has a cafeteria for the participants. At the basement, there are gyms specialized in training the Pokemon one brings over for the tournament, and the top two floors have living areas and little lobbies with elevators and stairs that lead to the main lobby at the entrance. At the back of the main lobby, there is a plexi-glass, reinforced tunnel that leads towards the stadium, where people can take the stairs leading up to the bleachers to watch. There are specialized key card slots at the gates, that allow the trainers to swipe their cards and enter the battle arena when it is their time to fight, where they meet up in the middle, show some good sportsmanship, and then head off to the opposite sides of the battlefield to start the battle. The registration office is where one could give their trainer ID if they are participating, where they can enter their room, order food with the ID and enter the battle arena, which all have key card slots next to them for this very purpose (thanks, vaultie, for giving me this idea on your own RP XD).

Sean looked around in astonishment. There seemed to be a whole lot of everything happening all at once. He saw a nicely dressed man in a suit and tie, slicked back, black hair with bright blue eyes and pale skin. The man stood a good five feet and eight inches and he was entertaining the kids. When he saw the three walk over, he let the kids play somewhere else and approached them with a friendly wave. When he greeted, his voice boomed with confidence and projected itself, something that any host needed for their show.

"Hello! I assume you are going to be battlers. Step right into the facility and you will meet with Alaina, the secretary who works at the Registration Office. Give your ID, so she can clock you in as official participants of the tournaments, so you can receive all the benefits here. There's also another brochure to see what you are really getting, as well as a map for the entire building. Now, excuse me, I have to make sure the kids don't tear down any stands. I'll see you at the main lobby when tomorrow rolls around. See ya! Hey, kids, get away from there!" As the man dashed off to stop the mischievous little kids from tearing down the peanut stand, Sean just chuckled at the kids' antics and then walked up to the large building's door. It was glass that was edged with aluminum and steel with a metal door handle. He looked back and asked them if they were coming inside first to get registered. Joltz and Arboria, tired from all the days of staying up late to get here, retired into their Poke Balls, a flash of red light marking their departure towards their spherical confines.

Last edited:
"LUNCH TIME! LOOK OUT!" A man roared, as he slid across the deck of the small boat, holding a big pot of a blueish soup and a stack of bowls. The shoeless man skidded towards the edge and jumped off the docked boat to the soft sand below. As the food and bowls began to slip from his hold, he opened his mouth to give a command, "Ventrex! Stone Edge Staircase!" The battle scarred Steelix gave a sigh and produced multiple stones that floated under the man's feet, giving him a platform to stand on, and get a solid grip on the food. And using the stones that were being lifted as a makeshift staircase, he walked down to the sandy beach below. He set the bowls down and filled all of them with food using a ladle. "Okay team! Chow Time!" The man yelled as his friends surrounded him to each get their bowl. The man looked young, maybe early 20's, and has tanned skin and was quite fit. He stood shoeless and shirtless, only wearing shorts, and had his hair in a pony tail. His name was Ry Burst and he was a 19 year old college student and a trainer.

"Ry. Come here. I've already started on the sandwiches!" His friend yelled a few yards away, who was sitting at a fold out table. On the table was a plate stacked high of light sandwiches. Ry jogged over, leaving bare footprints inn the sand in his wake and he joined his friend. Ry sat down with a plop, and grabbed a sandwich taking a massive bite out of it. "You know Ry. We'll probably reach Almia within the next hour or two depending on how long this lunch break takes. And then you can sign in at that tournament." This was Ry's roommate back at Canavale University, Micheal. And they just so happened to be sailing on Micheal's family's boat. Micheal was heading to a lecture where there would be a bunch of guest speakers and professors all discussing various subjects and it seemed that Micheal had been waiting for this all year. He was dropping Ry off in Almia before he arrived, as it was on his way.

"Everytime I've entered a tournament, I've set some time aside to have some fun before we have to buckle down and get in the game. And this is a great chance to do so. So just enjoy it!" Ry said before taking another giant bite of his sandwich and swallowing it.
--
The next hour and a half was uneventful as they sailed ahead towards Almia. With the fresh sea breeze that whipped round their boat, everything seemed so soothing,for normal person at least. But for Ry, it just got him more and more fired up! As soon as the boat was docked, Ry jumped off now dressed in jeans, a t-shirt, boots, a brown overcoat,his outfit was completed with his Pokemon at his belt and his bag strapped to his back. "Thanks! Micheal!" Ry said, as his roommate left, and the boy made his way towards registration.

"Hey mister. Where do trainers register? I'm the one whose gonna win the whole thing!' Ry said giving a grin and a thumbs up, towards the nearest ranger. The boy listened as the ranger described the path he would have to take, and Ry gave a nod. "Thanks."
--
The Union Road wasn't as bad for Ry as it had been for other trainers. Sure it was long, but thanks to his training method, it was nothing. But a walk solo just wasn't his style. Sensing this, Pax, his mischievous Pancham, had escaped from his ball and hung around Ry's shoulder for the majority of the walk. And as the duo walked, Ry couldn't help but get more excited after every step he took, getting closer to the tournament.

The couple listened as Sean read off of the pamphlet, though Guzma seemed to be distracted by all of the food stands that lined the way to the registration building. Specifically, distracted by the stand that was selling Tapu Cocoa. He slowed his pace down, attention drifting off from Sean's explanation, only responding when asked if he was going to register.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, yeah. You two go on ahead, I'll be there in a minute." He nonchalantly waved both of them off, including his girlfriend. It was clear, though, she wasn't having it.

"What do you mean, "go on ahead"?" Atty stopped, a pout appearing on her soft features. "We were gonna sign up at like, the same time, remember? Plus, my feet still hurt! I just wanna register and get it over with so we can get a room."

"Yeah, well I'm thirsty," Guzma playfully argued back, giving a shit-eating grin at Atty.

Not yet giving up, she grabbed his arm and gave him a light hip check. "Oh, well in that case, we really do need a room now, huh?" She gave her own grin back, teasing the larger man and returning the playfulness right back with her own comment.

His face darkened in tone once he realized the intent of her comment, red creeping up on his cheeks and ears. "No- Not like that-! Y'know what I mean!" He stuttered. "Okay, whatever- We register, but then first thing after we get in our room, I'm gettin' myself some cocoa." He gave in as Atty laughed and took him by the arm, willingly dragging him along as the two finally made their way inside with Sean to get registered.

Max walked away from the registration desk, holding a set of papers and cards. She shifted through them, picking one out from the set. It was marked with a letter and number, along with a magnetic strip used on the doors. This seemed to be for the rooms set up for the competitors. Another card had the list of the tournament battles. She was battling a Hermit as a first battle. Odd name. But I go by Max, so who am I to judge? She thought to herself as the Wimpod duo dropped out of the gondola. "So, I guess they are entering as well." Max thought to herself as she let G out of his pokeball. She had to return him for the registration, mainly because of his size. He roared out, making a sound that sounded like "Coooooooool." Max grinned at her dragon while turning to the food stands.

Max walked through the stands, G at her heels. "I know we just ate, but who says no to food?" She asked her pokemon while turning to a food truck selling a variety of deserts. The thing was, the stand was run by a friend of hers. "Hey, Jerry!" Max called out to her friend at the food truck. The man in the food truck turned to the familiar voice. "Hey, Mrs. To the Max, how you doing?" He asked, pulling out an Eclare from the shelf for G. The Garchomp stabbed it with its claw, pulling it to his head and started eating. Eclares were his favourite. "Well, just well. I'm entering the tournament." She said with a grin. Jerry smiled back. "I'll cheer for you then. Now, I have customers. Mind moving?" He asked with a joking shooing motion. Max turned away as well. "Then I will see you later then."

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker had finally reached the registration area, and he was at a loss of words. There was so many things happening all at once. Children running around, food vendors taking orders from their stands, a line of trainers in the door of the registration building. It was a lot for him to take in. He made his way through the stalls selling food and other products, attempting to reach the registation building.

The walk up the mountain was nice and all, but when he saw that he could've taken a gondola to the top he nearly fainted. The hike was ridiculously strenuous, but having April with him for most of it made it somewhat bareable.

Finally reaching his destination, the registration building, Parker stepped inside and took a look around. There were many trainers, all with different styles and Pokemon. Coming from a simple city in Sinnoh, seeing the amazing looking trainers and Pokemon left him in awe.

Just then he saw a few other trainers enter the building. A boy, a girl, and a much bigger guy. The girl had basically latched herself onto him from the looks of it. Not knowing exactly what to do, he approached the trio slowly.

"Excuse me... I know this is the registration building, but where exactly do we sign up?"

Though Colress was occupied with his data, he knew the group needed to register as soon as possible to reserve their spot. Looking up from his device, the blonde man spoke, "I do not wish to interrupt your conversation, however we do need to register for the tournament."

Looking to Nina, Seven gave her a nod before responding to her Master, "Of course. I will follow you."

Whether or not Nina followed the strange duo was of no consequence, although the feminine automaton took some liking to the capped woman, and would obviously prefer her company.

As they made their way along, the blonde automaton observed the concession stands, though obviously she had no need for sustenance, or material objects. Regardless, it was still fascinating, and those interested in such items were certainly flocking to them.

It was pretty clear on where they were supposed to go, as the large building essentially beckoned them with its overwhelming presence. Though Seven had assumed the building was the stadium, after another analysis, it appeared it was not. It must have been elsewhere.

Now at the entrance to the building, Colress' gaze was upon a well-dressed man, presumably the host they were told to speak with. Though they did not get a chance to talk to him personally, they did overhear his speech to another group before he ran after some children. A warm smile played across the scientist's visage before he made his way into the building, Seven in tow.

---

Colress had met with Alaina, and registered for the tournament. Though he was fairly certain he was already knowledgeable of the event, he took a brochure and map to be safe, passing it off to Seven who stared at him blankly, not sure what to do with the papers.

Looking to her Master, Seven spoke up, "Perhaps we should locate our sleeping quarters?"

Beaming, the man responded, "Ah, but there's so much to see! We should not need to head there until later this evening."

Seeing the young couple bicker and then the young man finally caved in for Atty, Sean couldn't help but let out an adorable little squeal. Although, he kept his lips closed during the squeal, he opened them once again afterwards to let loose a shining smile while he opened the door for them. Sean saw the same biker-looking girl with her Garchomp looking through the food stands and wondered if he should eat, too. That thought became lost however, when he decided that it would be best to register before all the spots were taken.

He was about to leave when a young man had approached them. He looked at the man inquiringly until he asked a question. He smiled and pointed inside at the registration desk, and replied: "Well, pretty sure this is where we gotta sign up. What's your name, by the way? It's nice to meet you." His attention was momentarily interrupted when he saw a strange blonde lady with a scientist with a strange looking blue streak of hair being half of his height. He tried to hide a snicker at the unusual get-up, but kept his composure long enough not to arouse too much suspicion. Hopefully, they didn't see his face crumble for a second.

Sean walked up to the registers and showed Parker how it was done. He spoke with the pretty brunette with chocolate eyes, her smile wide and white and her hair done up in a bun to be more inviting.

"Hey, how are you doing today, ma'am? I'm here to participate in the tournament."

The lady's smile never ceased as she spoke. Even though the smile was cute and the voice calm and soothing, and sounding like something you'd hear over a PA system and with Sean being gay, the smile was more creepy than cute. Nevertheless, Sean never showed this. "I'm doing wonderful, thank you for asking. May I see your Trainer ID, and give me a list of Pokemon you'd be using and if they can swim."

"Why do you need to know if they can swim?"

"We have a stage that changes, and one of them is a water stage, which is essentially a tank in the battlefield that extends up to the Jumbotron."

"Oh, alrighty then. Here's my ID, and the Pokemon I'll be using will be: Venusaur, a Kantonian Exeggutor, a Jumpluff, a Luxray, an Emolga, and a Heliolisk. The Pokemon I'll switch with them are Breloom and an Alolan Golem. None of my Pokemon can swim, except for Luxray. Venusaur and Heliolisk can swim, but not very well."

"Alright, thank you," after typing madly away at her computer and after accepting the young man's ID card and glancing at it every so often to add details to her roster of opponents, she gave Sean his ID back and smiled at him. "Thank you for your participation. Here's your room number, and your ID card is now available to be scanned by the little card slots next to the doors to allow yourself access. I suggest showing this to the vendors outside, so you can get merchandise and food at a reduced price, or for free." A printer by her monitor started to spit out a piece of paper, much like a receipt. She ripped it off and gave it to Sean, who looked and saw his name and Pokemon team, with room number at the bottom, and an official stamp of approval saying that he truly is a participant in the tournament. Smiling, Sean thanked Alaine and allowed Guzma, Atty, and Parker to register.

Last edited:

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Oh, uh... My turn then I guess."

Parker stepped up to the lady at the desk. She was still wearing that smile, even when staring at her computer screen. For someone with social problems, the smile wasn't exactly helpful in making Parker more comfortable with registering.

"Excuse me, I'm here to register for the tournament..."

He spoke softly, he wasn't very good at speaking to others.

The woman turned to him, still wearing her wide, bright, slightly creepy smile. "I'm sorry hun, what was that?"

"I'm here to register for the tournament."

Her smile got a little less wide, a little less bright, and a lot more creepy. "Speak a little bit louder sweetie."

"I'M HERE TO REGISTER!"

The boy's sudden outburst startled those around him, and King's face grew red as his trainer's voice reached outside the building. However it seemed to work for the woman working the computer, who's face returned back to "normal".

"Okay well I'll need your ID and team of Pokemon, as well as which ones can swim."

"Of course... Here's my ID. As for Pokemon I have Bisharp, Empoleon, Aegislash, Houndoom, Honchkrow, and Zwielous. Empoleon can swim really well, Zwielous can sort of swim... it's more thrashing really, Houndoom and Bisharp despise water, and Aegislash and Honchkrow just can't swim."

The woman printed some things of and with lightning speed, handed Parker his things. "Well, you're all set. Feel free to explore and set your things in your room"

Parker thanked the lady, walking away from the desk as quickly as possible.

Guzma and Atty had both the unfortunate pleasure of watching Parker sign up before them, the young adults having sympathy for him as they could practically feel the second-hand embarrassment. Thankfully with that out of the way, it was soon their turn to register.

Atty went first, handing over her Trainer Card to the receptionist, trying not to be feigned by her expression. "I'll be using a Weavile, Scizor, Golisopod, Primarina, Tsareena, and Scolipede. Also, I have an Altaria and a Mismagius as a switch-in. Both the Golisopod and Primarina are good for swimming, the Tsareena is alright with it, and the Weavile can, but she doesn't really like it..."

"Thank you, miss," The receptionist continued to have the grin plastered on her face, although she was at least in a pleasant mood now that Atty and Guzma were cooperating. She printed out a slip of paper, handing it as well as her card back to the young woman. "Here's your room number, and your ID card is now ready to be scanned by the card slots next to the doors to allow yourself access." She droned on, repeating the same line as she did with Sean.

With the brunette having stepped to the side, it was Guzma's turn next. He handed over his trainer passport, a since the method of documenting trainers in Alola was a bit different than most other regions due to the trials. The receptionist gave him a slight glance, but took it over to her side, inputting his ID while he spoke. "I got a Golisopod, Ariados, Masquerain, Scizor, Pinsir, and Vikavolt with me... And a Volcarona to switch in. Golisopod can swim, and uh... Masquerain can like, skate on top of th' water, if that counts."

"Thank you, you're both all set. Please enjoy your time here!" The receptionist handed back over his things, not bothering to remind him of the available access with his ID considering he had just heard it minutes prior. However, she wasn't able to call up the next person, since the woman he was with suddenly spoke up.

"Um- Excuse me," Atty looked over both printed papers that they had received, glancing up at the other woman. "It says here we have different room numbers- I was just wondering if it would be alright if we could, y'know... Share a room, the two of us?"

She stared at the couple, silent, her grin still wide. For a moment, she did absolutely nothing, looking them dead in the eye. It was awkward and tense, Atty having to break eye contact with the woman in embarrassment. Thankfully, she finally spoke up, taking back their slips. "Of course," She furiously typed away, still somehow managing to smile, handing back over two fresh papers with the corrected number. "Have a nice day." Despite her unchanging expression, it was clear that she was almost at the end of her fuse.

Guzma was quick to grab his companion's hand, taking both of them away from the desk before the situation was escalated.

Sean watched with some tense apprehension as Parker had some difficulties registering from his nervousness or something of the like. The creepy smile from the lady made it even worse. Although, he did get a good peek at Parker's ID to know his name now. He watched as Parker quickly left, probably a little embarrassed. He felt bad for the poor guy, but now watched as Atty and Guzma got registered. They had little difficulty in doing so, but the poor woman was now getting fed up with people. He left to go outside while Atty and Guzma had quickly left to get away from the situation, and he walked up to a stand selling Roserade Tea. He bought one and then went inside with it, giving it to Alaine. Taken aback, she smiled and accepted the generous offer, her smile now one of gratitude and not just plastered on there. She took a couple of sips before setting it aside for some more work.

Happy that he calmed her down, he went outside to find something to eat, since battles won't happen until tomorrow. He bought a bunch of treats for his Pokemon, and then went off into the distance near a treeline, released all of his Pokemon, and let them chow down. While they were eating, Sean took a quick nap against a tree, his Jumpluff snuggling into his lap and chest while snacking on her Poke Bean.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a bit of his Pokemon chowing down and snuggling up to him, he couldn't help but wonder about the many kinds of people there. That man with the long blue streak in his hair reminded him of someone, but he wasn't so sure. Was Parker alright? He decided to see. After returning all of his Pokemon, he jogged back and found Colress. He smiled and walked up to him, seeing if he would like to talk.

"Hey, there. I just noticed that you looked familiar. What's your name? I'm Sean."

Last edited:
Somewhere within the lobby, Colress and Seven were taking in the view around them. Much to their surprise, someone had approached them. They weren't officially introduced, but Colress suspected they arrived on the same ferry earlier that day.

"Hello! I'm Colress, a scientist studying how to bring out the power in Pokémon!"
Gesturing to the woman beside him, he'd allow her to speak.

Giving her Master a nod, she'd clench her jaw for a moment before addressing Sean, "Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct of Colress Unit 01. Will you be participating in the tournament?"

"Cool. I want to be a Grass- and Electric-Type Gym Leader, and I hail from Saffron City," replied Sean, ignoring the fact that Seven was more android and less human. His face had showed a kind of hyperactive look to it, but also a look of relaxation. It had seemed that he had taken a nap somewhere. He looked over to Seven and asked "Is it alright if I just call you Seven? It's kind of a mouthful. Well, to me that is. But yes, I'll be participating in the tournament. I know I'm not that strong, but I'm only here for the fun of the battle, not to win."

As Sean talked, his was swaying side to side on his feet, as if he couldn't stand still for a moment. Even though the swaying was just some little sways, it could still be enough to cause some attention to divert from his face and therefore what he's talking about, to his motion. His usual Jolteon and Leafeon weren't out of their Poke Balls this time, so Seven didn't have to bother with a hyperactive fox-like thing sniffing her leg and a relaxed, yet stubborn grassy fox-like thing to wrestle Jolteon away from everyone. What made it even worse is that there was a female Sylveon owned by someone random nearby, and if Jolteon saw the Sylveon, he'd fall head over heels for the thing.

There was something that piqued his interest though, and it was the weird contraption on Colress' wrist. What is that? He decided to ask by pointing at it. "What's that?"

Last edited:
"Ah, you want to be a Gym Leader? That is certainly the aspiration! It is quite the responsibility." Giving a nod at his further comments the man spoke, "Having the opportunity to battle a wide range of opponents is reason enough to participate. It is a wonderful chance to grow alongside your partners."

When spoken to, the woman's brows furrowed before she offered a response, "...An incorrect form of address, but I will allow it." As he swayed in a distracting manner, the female's optics searched for the cause of the hypnotic movements, but fell short. It was likely a strange personal tic.

Beaming at the question, Colress presented his arm before he elaborated, "Ah yes! This is Colress Machine No. 1098 — Colress Wearable Console! It is a computer, in essence."

Sean smiled when the older man had shown interest in his goal, and something in him felt all bubbly. He took compliments well, but it always felt funny. He noted that the lady sounded robotic, but he shook that off when Colress showed him and named the machine on his wrist. He smirked at the large number and had to pull a joke on the thing, not so sure if the man would find it funny or not. The young man still had the humor of a young teenager.

"Colress Machine Number 1098, huh? How many iterations of this machine were made? 1,098?" the smirk at his joke made it all the more obvious that the kid was joking around, but he just hoped that they wouldn't get mad at his attempt to be funny.

Last edited:
Mike got up from his bed, it was another usual day on his life, he got his glasses that were lying down on the nightstand. Mike walked towards the bathroom, brushing his teeth and getting his clothes on, he then walked towards the living room, getting his backpack ready for another day.

Mike walked out of his room, going outside and looking around. He usually had a Pokémon following him, but, this time, he was alone. "I think that the trainers that will potentially battle me are not in this place," Mike thought, looking around the lobby to see if he could find an eccentric figure that could be a Trainer.

After his attempt, he gave up, sitting down on a couch with other people, which weren't Trainers, just tourists and employees. Mike was quiet, looking down and thinking of how his adversary would be, and how hard it would be to defeat him/her. After some time, he made up a strategy that involved the use of Potter... He was sure that he could use it to win, so he smirked, getting up and walking out of the lobby, taking a look at the sky while sitting on the ground, thinking about the strategy he had made.

Smiling the man responded to the kid's jab, "Of course not! That was the 1098th creation of mine. Colress Machine 1097 was completely unrelated, and was a stationary wireless charging station for Seven of Nine. Unfortunately, I have yet to devise a more portable solution."

With stern, furrowed brows, the blonde woman beside Colress looked over the rather excitable Trainer. "We were going to examine the facilities of this establishment. Would you care to join us?"