• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Animated Sprites - Your Favourite

So, which Pokemon are you most looking forward to having an animated sprite?

Personally, I think Magneton and Diglett. It's going to be so funny watch the heads interact with each other. Oh and Togekiss. Coz of the awesome wings.

Armaldo, just to see how badass he'll look in Gen V. And Wailord, because he seems too big, you'll probly just see the bottom portion of him lol.

probably any pokemon that has fire on it EX: Quilava, charmander moltres etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Mime ought to be good, I think.

Though I'll admit I already quite like the way Smugleaf crosses his arms in his animation. He manages to look even more smug.

Onix and Steelix. It's gonna be all clunky and rotaty :D

I also really want to see Magikarp's. That's gonna be freaking hilarious if he flops about on the floor.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Obviously I really want to see Manectric, I'm sure he'll look awesome ♥

The same goes for my team members. After I complete the game, I'll most likely trade my current team over, so they'll be the sprites I see the most. Here's hoping they all get awesome animations and not something silly/annoying.

Good movement could also add extra cuteness to Munchlax, if that's at all possible ♥

I'm much looking forward to seeing Bronzong and Jumpluff. It'll be interesting to see how they animate inorganic Pokemon and Jumpluff because it's too cute for words so I'm sure its animation will be too.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Magpie said:
After I complete the game, I'll most likely trade my current team over, so they'll be the sprites I see the most. Here's hoping they all get awesome animations and not something silly/annoying.

Same here.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of my more competitive team Pokemon animated, so at the very least there's about 30+ Pokemon that I'm dying to see in Gen 5 style. :D

Lots of them.

Houdoom mostly.

I wonder if its eyes glow or its tail swishes in the air...

Oh, and Empoleon. Give it an attitude problem as well ;)

and Blaziken too. You notice that in quite a few of its Pokedex entries, it says that it can have flames on its wrists? Well, I hope they do that :3

Rotom and the Porygon line will be fun to see animated. I've always been curious as to just exactly how Porygon floats and if Rotom just glows or has a shifting barrier of lightning.

Also EEEEEEE at the fact that the sprites are gonna be all fancy and completely animated. >w<

Well naturally I'm excited to see all my favorites animated, like Spinda and Drifloon. I can't wait to see Spinda actually stumbling around while Teeter Dancing :}

I want to see all the fish Pokemon, 'cause it'll be cool to see them swimming around in the air or whatever.

And even though I don't like it, I want to see Spiritomb's animation. Since it's just like all plasma ghosty energy crap, it'll probably wave all around and look pretty neat.

Hihidaruma is gonn a be a riot. Something including victory-w00ting, irresponsible use of fire, and waving your arms in the air like you just don't care!*cough*...
Anyway, Kyogre is gonna be in a similiar situation to Magikarp. Large, clumsy body, stiff arm-flipper things and a flippy tail.

Looking forward to the Scizor animation, along with the Reshiram and Zekron animation, i'd imagine a wing stretch animation along with it comming toward you, It would be unique if it would actually fly in example would be, Seeing no enemy pokemon then you see a white(Reshiram) blur flying behind the opponents space upon opening going right to left, then appearing above it from left to right then stop with a wing stretch animation as if it was landing.

A

Anonymous

I want Flareon's idle animation from pokemon stadium to be his idle animation in black and white, I WANT HIM TO SHAKE HIS FUCKING ASS IN HIS ENEMIES' FACE ALL DAY AND FART FIRE ON THOES BIATCHES! Joking, but I do want to see my team's idle animations in gen 5, particularly Flareon, and If i dislike them, they'll probably have an option to turn the idle animations off, as it can actually make some people motion sick.

Oh yeah, and Turtwig, Jolteon, and the new Gen V pokemon sprites ;D
Why isn't the game out yet? English or Japanese, I don't care! I just want the damn game so bad! ??? ???
So yeah, Ditto, Eevee, Turtwig, Jolteon, and Gen V pokemon sprites. ;D

I want to see Lucario. I wonder if aura will appear in it's hands! Ooh, so cool! Oh, and Clefairy. They should make it more cute. (If possible. It's so cute I don't even. [In a OMG cute way.]) I wanna see it wave it's fingers and dance around like a fairy! (Oh, wait, it is a fairy! oops! ^-^)

Blaziken, Gallade, Golem, Gardevoir, bipedal PokeMon like that. Other then that, I'd like see the Eeveelutions, Absol, Migthyena, Skarmory.

I wanna see any monkey pokemon -Infernape, Mankey, Primeape- pound their chest -mainly Infernape- like a maniac! It'll be all like 'KING KOOOOOOOONG HAS NOTHING ON MEH!'

A

Anonymous

Buizel would be good maybe it tails could spin round and Arcanine would look pretty good too