• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ancients Unbound 1 Roleplay Thread

\|/ Ancients Unbound\|/

Centuries ago, in a time of great despair, humanity was threatened by a race of mana-based beings known as Unentities. These creatures were far too powerful for any weapon to oppose them, and soon enough, it seemed that all hope was lost for humanity’s survival. A lone forest-dweller, though, was able to conceive a way to extract mana from Unentities and use it against them.

Soon enough, mages spread throughout the land, fighting back against the Unentities, and in just a year, they were eradicated. An age of advancement commenced as magic was further advanced, making life progressively more convenient as time went on. It wasn’t long before a way to weaponize magic was discovered, and a war broke out across the entire world.

The human population was reduced by half because of the war, and once peace was finally achieved, it was decided that all practice of magic would be outlawed, and the concept of magic was once again thought of as nothing but an idealistic fantasy. Centuries later, though, in the peaceful kingdom of Raveria ruled by the benevolent King Harris, grief fell over the population when the King’s wife was lost to a fatal illness. Harris vowed to move on and to help his kingdom thrive despite his loss, but when his only daughter began to show the same symptoms of his late wife, he disregarded his people, instead choosing to spend all of his time and resources searching for a cure, even resorting to unethical experimentation.

Despite his best efforts, the King wasn’t able to unearth a cure for his daughter’s disease, and her condition was worsening by the day. No longer bothered by the consequences, Harris resorted to a legend passed down through the royal family, and led an expedition to an ancient burial site, where the souls of the deceased were said to wander. When he arrived, Harris encountered what he could only describe as a vision, in which a man told him that he could cure his daughter’s disease if only he were to free him from his prison within the grounds through a chant in a long-forgotten language.

Far too desperate to question what he heard, Harris performed the chant, releasing every spirit trapped within the grounds, including the one who spoke to him, who bonded with the King. The day the king returned from his expedition, it was found that his daughter’s illness had vanished, but more concerning was that all over the kingdom, gifted individuals were found to have gained extraordinary abilities, a large majority of which were beyond their control. Furthermore, those who obtained abilities claimed to receive visions of individuals who they had never seen before and were all seemingly influenced by those who spoke with them. It was soon found that when someone wielding what was then referred to as an “Ancient,” their Ancient, as well as the associated abilities, moved on to whoever was closest to them. Along with the rise of those wielding Ancients, though, another noticeable difference was the king's method of ruling, which had become much more strict and aggressive than before, so much so that the king’s daughter fled from the castle, disgusted by her father’s actions. Now, with a bounty on the princess’s head and a new prince being adopted by the king, a select few warriors are called to the castle for what they can only assume is an important mission.

@Nintenduck
@Cmeriwether
@Frontier Master
@EeviumZ
@Clite of Dragonbow

Discussion Thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/ancients-unbound-roleplay-discussion-thread.21546/

Terrence
Terrence was sitting on his throne waiting patiently for his warriors to show up. Before him below his throne was a table with many chairs with food on the table. The table was handcrafted and with wood strong enough to take a beating. He was staring coldly at the large door. His eyes never leaving that door until someone came through it. He had been thinking in his head playing a game of chess with his Ancient. He thought about what his next move was going to be. Move this pawn to move his more powerful knight towards his opposer's king. No that would leave the queen alone and able to strike his own king. He moved the bishop which was in the middle of the board to the right side of the board at a diagonal to his Ancient's rook.

Jericho
Jericho had been eating an apple while walking towards the castle swiftly. She opened the doors and saw the king staring blankly at the door, "Hello. You called for warriors from all over Raveria, correct?" she questioned. Terrence responded, "Yes now please do sit and wait for the others to arrive," he went back to staring coldly at the door. Jericho thought he was quite peculiar, but proceeded to sit down and not question it more than that. She sat in proper form and began waiting patiently for the others.

Mallick had simply scoffed to himself when he had received word that he had been summoned to the castle as Scorpius begun retelling the details of his banishment hundreds of years ago, much to Mallick’s dismay as he begun the trek into the castle
‘Wouldn’t it be fun if we killed the prince?’ the ancient suggested once he had finished his story, his tone making it wholly unclear as to the seriousness of the statement.
Regardless Mallick ignored him, climbing the final few steps to enter the throne room, giving the large doors a hearty shove causing them to swing open dramatically and hit the walls either side, following his rather loud entrance he strode toward the table and took a seat dead in the centre, eyeing Jericho and Terrence up and down while flicking a poisoned knife between his fingers
“You summoned me? This better be worth the trek. I don’t care who you are if you aren’t paying I’m not helping.” He said plainly staring directly into Terrence's eyes and tossing the blade high into the air before catching it with his other hand and continuing to flick it back and forth.

Logan was a bit surprised when he got the Summoning to the castle, and Tomoe had been very supportive of Logan's decision to respond to the summons.

"Logan, you called?" Tomoe asked.

"Yes, be ready, someone might try to kill me." Logan responded.

He stumbled into the castle, with a bit of injuries, due to Wandering around for about two months.

He found his seat and asked, "What do you need me for, I'm currently trying to learn how to use three different kinds of weapons at once here."

“And yet I still don’t think you could defeat me even if you had access to all three and I was unarmed” Mallick snapped back, he had little patience for mediocre warriors with delusions of grandeur. He raised his spiked tail over his right shoulder and gave Logan a sinister smile. “Care to put some gold on the line for the wager?”

Terrence
Terrence looked over at Mallick speaking in a more calming yet firm tone, "I will have to ask all of you to wait for not everyone is here. And please no fighting, or else I may have to hold the both of you down. He thought in his head as he moved a rook to protect his king, Check he thought to Trefos.

Jericho
Jericho laughed as she saw Mallick barge in and put a "wager" on something. "What is this wager?" she tilted her head questioning both the men. She leaned into the table.

“I’ll wager that even if he was fully arme, I could defeat him unarmed. Nothing’s easier than putting an overconfident peasant back in their place” he smiled at Jericho, ceasing his blade flourishing to point the sinister blade toward Logan as he spoke to Jericho
“So what’s your story then? You were the first one to arrive it seemed”

Jericho
Jericho replied, "I'm a hero in the town that I live in. I live a couple of towns over from the kingdom and I'm quite agile due to the phase of the moon. Right now it's at its peak before it's a full moon (Waning Gibbous). So I am almost at full agility. I don't mean to be an overconfident peasant if that's how you interpret it, but I just needed to tell you how I got here fast." she chuckled awkwardly. She thought to herself, I really should have said that better.

Last edited:
Trefos held back laughter as Terrance moved his rook to protect the king. He could easily count dozens of ways to efficiently counter such a decision, but to do so would be counter-productive. It was imperative for King Harris to believe himself more intelligent than Trefos, as only then could Trefos not seem to be a threat. Selecting his queen from his units, Trefos guided her in front of the king, blocking the rook's path. It really was such a simple game that Terrance taught him. Trefos was still suspicious that it was meant for children.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
~~~Allie~~~
With no hesitance in her step, a girl - approximately fifteen years old - walked into the room, striding with purpose and confidence. Vix floated next to her - or at least that was what Allie saw - generating a blue aura. She took an empty seat and sat down.
She pushed her flowing brown hair behind her ears, watching patiently. Vix eventually grew bored.
'This is boooring! Can we leave now?' Vix asked petulantly. Allie sighed.
"No, Vix. This is important," Allie reprimanded under her breath. Vix looked rather annoyed, although a small smirk was visible on the spirit's face.

Harris moved his rook to take Trefos' Queen, Check he thought again. He noticed the door open and a 15-year-old girl sit down. Many others followed behind her shortly after and he began the meeting, "Hello warriors of Raveria who have been given the gift of magical powers from their ancient, I am King Harris as you know." Harris went on to explain most of the details sprinkling some exaggeration to make him seem more heroic but not arrogant and egotistical. "Now, the reason I have called you all today is because there have been reports of abominations attacking villages on the west side of Raveria. I want all of you to investigate and hopefully kill these abominations. Questions?"

"My king, could I hear how many villages and, if possible, which villages were attacked. One more question, when did the last attack occur?" Frelio asked, in the tone of his voice one could hear respect for the king. Beside Frelio sat a young boy, his squire, but he wasn't sitting here just because he followed his lord. Ray also had magical powers from his ancient. Ray knew why Frelio was asking these questions.

“And now how much are you willing to offer for this tasks completion, I mean if you’re calling all of us in then you probably couldn’t deal with it without us. I want a castle and some nice hold lands. Doesn’t need to be huge but large enough to be comfortable for me.” Mallick smiled drawing a small whetstone from his pocket to sharpen his blade again, he stared directly at the king “there’s my price, take it or leave it”

Terrence
Terrence looked at Frelio and spoke, "The towns of Hilgade, Fern, Opus, and Taygon all on the west side of the nation. The most recent was Taygon it happened a few days ago, that brings me to your form of payment," he looked at Mallick, "If you'd like you can be the lord of that town it is one of the richer villages and has a castle of its own. The lord died in battle trying to fight off the monsters. Also, I will pay the rest of you with any payment you'd like within reason." He awaited Trefos' next move.

Jericho
Jericho started brandishing her dagger then put it away, "A payment of gold would do well, that's all I need," she looked at Allie who looked quite young to be here. She studied Allie intently trying to be discreet as to not get caught by her.

Trefos scanned the board, deciding on his next action. He was enticed to reach for the bishop across the board, eliminating the rook from the game entirely, but he had already taken quite a few of the king's pieces. Instead, he choose a knight from beside the king, moving it directly in front of the rook. Such an act would spell checkmate for Trefos if the king took the logical action of taking the knight, but the victory of a simple game was of no importance to the ancient.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
~~~Allie~~~
Vix's eyes flicked around the room, watching the other warriors carefully. She seemed rather interested in the goings-on, a slow smirk forming on her face. That smirk was quickly replaced by a frown when she noticed someone staring at her partner.
'Allie. There's someone staring at you,' she alerted the girl.
Allie, who had remained quiet for most of the meeting so far, snapped back to attention when Vix spoke. She looked up, noticing someone staring at her tentatively. An expression of.. concern, she settled on. She'd gotten a lot of those looks lately. It was somewhat justified, seeing as she was a fifteen-year-old wielding two rather large katanas. Not that she cared.
She shrugged nonchalantly, turning her attention back to the meeting.

Frelio
Frelio wanted to use his power to check the attacked villages before heading west. However, he decided that it would be better, if he waited until the end of the meeting. The young son of a nobleman in his black noble clothes listened to others gathered before the king. He lost himself in his thoughts "The reward ... Maybe I could ask for strengthening my family's position in the kingdom ... The father may be finally proud of me."

Ray
Ray watched and listened to everyone at the meeting. * "Most of them seems to be strong. Maybe one of them will be worth calling my... I mean, your rival" Kyori said. If there is a person that Ray can'tstand as much as his 'Father'. It's for 100% Kyori. The ancient would do nothing but fight, but the advice and help of the Ancient helped Ray gain current strength. Watching everyone, his eyes stopped for a moment at Allie, but after a short time he focused on the meeting. Although ... He didn't expect person younger than him.

Tomoe kept near Logan but Logan had a question, "How long until the next attack, if an answer is possible, and secondly, how would we get to the next location?"

He sat there with interest, waiting for a reply.

Terrence looked at Logan, "We do not know, all we know is that all the villages that have been attacked are on the west side, the next village that some speculate could be Fenbar. I have a plan for this predicament. I am splitting you into groups. Each group is lead by one person. One group led by Mallick will defend the village, the team with him consists of, Frelio, Ray," he listed the others, "The other group led by Jericho will be searching for the hideout of these monsters, with her will be Logan, Allie," he listed off others once again. He moved his rook to take the knight and thought Checkmate, good game.

"My Lord, how should we send information to the king and each other? Information has always been the key to any mission, action, campaign and war. So both groups should have a way to exchange information." Frelio said in one breath. "I just want, that we can give any clues, while we will protect the villages."

Ray, however, turned to the others assembled, "Which of you is Mallick?"

Tomoe tried to pipe up, Logan noticed, and asked, "Who is Jericho and who is Allie?"

Logan had his hand on his katana after the one bet they could defeat him with zero weapons.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie raised her hand upon hearing someone else call her name, glancing over at the speaker. She glanced around self-consciously. She really was much younger than everyone else.
Reading her mind, Vix chimed in. 'They don't know who you are! You're not a normal teenager.... I should know, all my friends were so boring back when I was human!' She giggled slightly.

Mallick asked his tail high above his head and waved it around a little
“I am Mallick, and you best not forget it, I won’t tolerate slackers it weaklings, if you fall behind or can’t handle yourself. I will leave you behind. I’m in charge so my word is final.” Without warning he threw a knife dead across the room narrowly missing someone’s head and embedding itself in the wooden post of the far wall.

"Hey!" Logan yelled, "What was that for?"

He then took the knife out of the post and put it on the table.

"There you are, Hi, Allie," Logan responded after he set the knife on the table, "I'm Logan."

Ray rose from his chair, knocking them over. It was obvious that Mallick's words pissed him off, "Old man, I think you will be the one who will be left behind. Just because we will listen and help you does not make us your helpers!" he shouted. "Now, now, Ray. Don't be angry, we should be able to cooperate, no? Don't act like this before the king," Frelio said calmly. Ray was never an easy-to-calm person and he could be angered with anything.

Terrence
Terrence held his head in annoyance he thought to Trefos, We really should have done this ourselves all of them are complete dimwitted fools. "Now now please no fighting or else you will not get your payments," he responded loudly with his head still hanging in his head. His annoyance was immeasurable but he, however, managed to keep his composure mostly. Harris lifted his head, "Now all of you please get in your groups, team leaders please stand if you haven't already," he looked over at Mallick.

Jericho
Jericho stood up and called out the names of her group, "Logan, Allie, Hector..." The rest of the group came to her along with the other group just going toward Mallick. Jericho spoke to the group, "I am surprised by the news of my leadership but I go more of a guidance route. I will give you directions but that is about it." She laughed awkwardly as some of the crowd began to doubt her. Nonetheless, the king appointed her.

(Narration for a slight time skip.)
Terrence began explaining the mission in more detail. He also explained the payment for each warrior once the mission was completed and sent them on their way with two messengers per group.
(Mallick's and Jericho's group will both start at Fenbar a middle-class education-driven village. Jericho's group will go somewhere near the hideout in a forest nearby.)