• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

An Interesting Turn of Events. (Fantasy RP)

A great evil approachs. Will you join the cause to fight against it? This a character creation thread. The RP starts in a Tavern, 'The Drunk Wyvern', and escalates from there. If you wish to join in, post on my profile or PM me! I'll wait.

Character Creation:

Name

Backstory

Races:

Man: Your standard human, they tend to be average in most circumstances. However, they are dedicated and have a drive many of the longer lived races lack. They are generally welcomed everywhere.

Elf: While uncommon, elves excel in quick movement. There are three kinds, all having a different fey ancestry. All elves, particularly drow, tend to be unwelcome in many places.

• High elf: The rarest, high elves are the most intelligent elf. Of Seelie descent. Highly magical. Cannot be magically put to sleep.

• Wood elf: The most common and most welcome everywhere. Wood elves are wiser than other elves. Of both Seelie and Unseelie descent. Have a superior sense of smell.

• Drow: More common than high elves, less common than their woodland cousins, Drow are the most charismatic elves. Of Unseelie descent. Can see in the dark.
Fey: Even rarer than elves, Fey are most potent in magic circumstances. Cannot enter houses unless invited, a trait not inherited by their elvish descendants. In exchange, they all share potent magic within themselves, thru illusions, blasts of destructive power, or even teleportation

• Seelie: Intelligent. As rule, they are usually fairly egotistical. Good luck magically putting them to sleep.

• Mixed: Wise. As a rule, they keep to themselves. Can look into the hearts of all, even sensing feelings and your Alignment.

• Unseelie: Willful. Once evil, many have seen the error of their ways. Can see in the dark.
Dwarves: Metalsmiths. Strong and not that bright. Good at whacking things and very little else. A smart one does come along every so often.

Dragonborn: Look like humans, but have runes covering their bodies. Magic and might in equal parts. Can grow wings, claws, and breath fire but are distrusted. Doing anything of their dragon blood is tiring.

Tritons: Merpeople with legs. Can breath underwater. Nomadic, but herd fish and ride into battle on sharks and hippocampus. Martial combat mostly.

Damon: A child of Hel, a (somewhat) benevolent fiend, can summon shadow hounds. Mostly magic. Horns and tails, along with red skin.

Divine: Angel child. Can fly. Martial combat is the biggest pastime for them.

Classes

Martial:

Allows weapons and heavy armour.

Knight: Brave. Allows the use of shields. Not mobile.

Combat Archer: A close range archer. Can peirce medium armour.

Dakonguard: A mighty warrior. Obliterates enemies. Very slow.

Mixed:

Allows medium armour and weapons.

Rogue: Sneaky and quick. Can turn invisible.

Reaver: A mighty combatant. Not as tanky as a martial class, but can cause pain. Can enter a magical rage.

Spell-Sword: Magic with swords. Versatile, but not as focused. Can cast magic, but very little.

Magic:

Light armour and spells.

Wizard: A weak fighter with potent magic.

Beast tamer: Magic animal friends!

Shaman: nature magic and healing. Not as potent as a wizard's.

Weapons:

Sword: A versatile blade

Dagger: Shortsword, but pointy.

Bow: Attack from distance.

Axe : A slashing weapon.

Great weapons: A large Sword or Axe, perfect two-handed.

Armour:

Light: Easy to wear.

Medium: A balanced choice.

Heavy: Protection.

Spells:

Create your own. Nothing OP.

Wizard spells are blasts of magic.
Spell Swords are like wizard's, empowering your blade.
Shaman spells are nature. Use elements.

Here's mine, as an example.
Name: Val'thoth
Backstory: Born to legendary warriors, Val'Thoth wanted nothing more than to peacefully live, working in the farm with his family. It all changed when his farm was invaded by bandits. His only hope lay within the mighty blade Osiris. Hit with an all consuming rage, he killed the bandits and thus swore to uphold justice.
Race: Dragonborn
Class: Reaver
Weapon: Greatsword (Osiris)
Armour: Medium

Lonelyness be gone! (@Eeveechu151)

Name: Kevkas
Backstory: Kevkas was born in a peaceful village of Elves. Unlike his siblings who were bloodthirsty and loved revenge, Kevkas Was Friendly and Easy-going. Even though he was different than his 5 brothers, he loved all of them and they were protective of him. During Childhood Kevkas's Father taught him and his siblings how to fight and use magic. Though Kevkas has weak magic, He loved to use it. Live was peaceful in the village until a group of Damons attacked the village. They killed everyone but Kevkas. Since that day the only thing Kevkas cares about is him staying Alive.
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Rouge
Weapon: Bow and Arrow
Armour: Medium

@SismicFlareCharmander Tell me if I need to fix anything and I shall do so. This Character was a lot of fun to make. I have never really seen a Roleplay like this so I wanted to Join.

Last edited:
You seem to have used two classes. The beast tamer and the rogue. The idea is that the class you choose determines what you can add in between spells and weapons. If you want a psudeo magic warrior, chose a spell-sword. Aside from that, good character.

Name: Shard
Backstory: No one knows his past, he keeps all details possible to himself. All that they know is that he was first spotted at Mirror Falls.
Race: Half-Human
Class: Spell-sword
Weapon: Dual swords
Armour: Medium (Leather-chainmail)
Spells:
Sword Beam: A swing from the blade fires a streak of light forwards
Light Barrier: Creates a small shield that protects against light attacks, but can be smashed by heavy attacks
Reflect Field: Creates a field that allows light to pass through him, making him invisible
Flame Blade: Lights the sword on fire
Whirl Strike: A powerful slash of the sword that creates a small cyclone

Last edited:
Eeveechu, I see a couple of problems. Spell Swords use medium armour, not light. Further more, or three spells don't give the spell Sword aesthetic. I recommend something that empowers your blade, setting it on fire as an example. Not unly does it hurt, it also serves as a light source. That's mostly it.

Name: Kotak Whitfury
Backstory: Kotak doesn't have much of a story. He lives in a small wooden shack in a dense forest, and hunts all day.
Race: Human/Elf
Class: Dakonguard
Weapon: Dual wields axes, owns a longsword that he rarely uses.
Armor: Medium
(Also has a horse named Topaz)
(He's also very stealthy)

name : Gheist
backstory : Gheist used to be strong warrior of his race and in the front line of the Damon armies thanks to his tactical thinking and his mentally manipulative speech, he soon grew tired and decided to become a bounty hunter, thanks to previously stated attributes he was successful and fairly rich
race : damon
class : spell-sword
weapon : Greatsword (Fafnir)
armor : medium

spells :

Gold Spike : raises spikes of pure gold from the ground with upward swings of his sword, the faster the swing the faster the spike, if swung by an angle the spike is raised by an angle

Crystal Cut : impales the ground with the sword and starts to encase it in a temporary thin crystal layer before pulling it out, enhances its strength, duribility and sharpness but also increases weight significantly, can not be used at the same time with Cursed Fire

Cursed Fire : sets the blade of his sword ablaze with the flame of a poison dragon, if the flaming blade doesnt kill you the toxic fumes might, can not be used at the same time as Crystal Cut

Haunted Blade : enchants his sword with dark magic giving it a mind of it own allowing it to levitate and move on its own, the spell ends when the caster holds the sword grip again

((not based on swords but was mentioned in the Damon description so.....))

shadow hound summoning

Hackmaster, you're character is good. Nice work on the spells. Although the archetype for spell-swords is dual wielding blades, I like how you've been creative in that regard, and made something fresh.