• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

An idea for charms

I really wanted to know how much times people viewed my profile, but I cant that's why we need a option that says: "how much people have viewed your profile" or something like that? I would really appreciate if you add this! Thanks if you do

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure that's a technical possibility, honestly - Teapot would be far better equipped than me to answer that.

But quite frankly, this isn't Youtube. Your worth as a person is not evaluated by how many followers and viewers you have, and the last thing we need is this place turning into a giant popularity contest.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Technically it's very possible to do it in a basic way, but like @StellarWind Elsydeon alluded to, I'm not really sure it's the best use of development resources. It's a fun idea, but ultimately it wouldn't tell you anything worth knowing, really. The way we'd have to measure them, profile views aren't a measure of anything at all - not even popularity, because they'd be pretty random :)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Teapot Can you make it so only the user of the profile page can see it? Then it won't be a popularity contest.
I'm pretty sure that the numbers would just be compared manually - "how many profile views have you got?" - instead. You guys are pretty creative :p

As I alluded to in my last post, views aren't actually indicative of much anyway - because they're not clever enough to distinguish between real people and the Google bots, or whether someone's viewed your profile before or not, the number would be more indicative than accurate. And if the number isn't even reliable, what's the value in having it there at all?

Hope that helps explain ^^