• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Amiibo!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The thread title is self-explanatory, but consider this a general discussion about anything regarding Nintendo's new Amiibo figures.

To start us off, if you bought any of the figures from the first wave, which did you buy? Are there any you passed up but still want? Any figures from future releases that you're looking to purchase too? Feel free to share any photos you've taken of your collections~

Myself, I ended up preordering Pikachu, Mario, Villager, Yoshi, and Link from the first wave and picked up Kirby as well at the time. I've had interest in grabbing Marth as well, especially now that he's become hard to find. Teetering on whether to buy Samus and haven't yet decided. The others I'm okay passing on. :)

As much as I'd love to collect them all, the drive to do so (and spare cash) just isn't there. I'll likely pick away at them each time I'm into EBGames or Toys R Us but beyond that I'm not going crazy collector on 'em. xp

As for the future... Definitely interested in picking up Diddy Kong, Little Mac, Bowser, Sonic, Mega Man, King Dedede, Shulk, Lucario, and Meta Knight. Still debating the rest.

Last edited:
I don't have one yet, but my flatmate bought a WiiFit Trainer one (which I was going to get him for Christmas anyway, so sucks to be him). Spent a good 6 hours grinding it up to level 50 and now he gets shut-out by it. It's a crafty little AI, dodging like a boss until the moment you're exposed. I'm not even sure how I managed to beat it when I challenged it.

As for me, I'm planning on getting one close to Christmas/New Year, most likely a Toon Link one when that comes out, though I'm also interested in Robin. Or maybe a Luigi one, to stay away from my usual mains.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I've so far got Yoshi, Link, Pikachu and Little Mac. I've go Toon Link, Lucario, Ike and Shulk on pre-order for waves three and four. Beyond that I don't have much intention of catching them all, especially when they're going for so much money because of stock being so short.

I'm looking forward to future waves as I want Lucina and Duck Hunt Dog whenever they turn up. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Last time I was into EBGames I was told that they're no longer accepting preorders for Amiibo whatsoever, including waves 3 and 4, so it looks like I'll need luck on my side when it comes to getting the rest that I want in the future. Rather annoyed at Nintendo by this stocking mess but guess it can't be helped for now. xp I'll just do my best to hunt down all of the figures that I really want.

On the plus side, I ended up finding both Diddy Kong and Little Mac at Toys R Us last week. Thanks to an awesome sale happening in the store at the time - buy 3 Amiibo for $30 - I picked up Donkey Kong's Amiibo as well for virtually $4 (taxes included). They're typically $13.99 each in Canada and since I planned to buy both Diddy and Mac anyways it worked out great. :3

My current collection:
Amiibo-collection-Dec-14-20.png

It's growing~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm proud of my Pikachu (nicknamed Senpaichu) and Yoshi (nicknamed Boshi) Amiibo figures. On New Year's Eve I took the two of them over to my sister's house to let them battle against her, her husband, and two other friends, and both of my Amiibo were demons to beat (even at only level 42). People had to play 3 vs 1 team battles in order to win, and Senpaichu earned himself a colourful nickname! I'm a happy parent. :3

In other news, since sharing the above picture I've added Luigi and Peach to my collection (bought Luigi myself and was given Peach as a Christmas gift). Trying to find Pit and other wave 2 Amiibo here has been a pain and I still can't locate anywhere in Canada (online or offline) that's taking Amiibo preorders. Makes me sad. :'(

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
5arcWJr.jpg

My current collection. :D I got Kirby, Link, and Pikachu for Christmas, and bought Samus, Luigi, Diddy Kong, and Zelda with Christmas money. Unfortunately a dog got to my first Zelda, so a week later I got a replacement as well as Donkey Kong. :) I also have Shulk, Toon Link, and Sonic pre-ordered, as well as Pit ordered when GameStop put him back up for a little bit. My current targets are all of the Wave 3 amiibo (Thank god they're coming in waves @.@), as well as the common Wave 1 Amiibo I don't have, which would be Mario, Peach, Yoshi. I also want to get Fox, but he jumped up in rarity recently. >=O I saw like 7 of them when I got Pikachu, too! Unfortunately, I didn't think I would actually try to get all of them then. x-x
(@Linkachu I'm jealous of your Villager and Mac amiibo now. >_<)

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I look back at the post I made in December and laugh. My amiibo collection has grown, and will continue to grow, so much more since then...

I currently own the following:

Pikachu
Link
Ike
Yoshi
Toon Link
Lucario
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Shulk

Petey has Samus and Bowser for himself so they also count into this mayhem. I have a Toad on order from the Mario series and also have orders for Charizard, Robin and Lucina. I think this may have become an obsession that I need help for. :p

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Oh boy don't make me talk about these again. xp

My collection has grown quite a bit. *glares at my January collection with disgust*
As of today I have:

- Mario
- Link
- Donkey Kong
- Kirby
- Pikachu
- Peach
- Samus
- Yoshi
- Fox
- Luigi
- Zelda
- Diddy Kong
- Pit
- Toon Link
- Sheik
- Bowser
- Lucario
- Rosalina
- Shulk (♥)

Damn these things. Somehow, miraculously, I got Lucario AND Rosalina by chance, both stores having extra, somehow. I didn't get to a TRU until 8 and they somehow still had 2 left. @.@ Anyways, not so lucky with Meta Knight. Hopefully stock issues get sorted out so I can get the rest of these! The second Wave 4 pre-orders go up in the US, I'm gonna order Robin, Lucina, and Ness in-store.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nuuuuu. Jealous of both of you! I want Shulk, too. I haven't found him, Sonic, Mega Man, or Meta Knight to buy yet but I want them all. So many Amiibo that I still want and so many more to come. </3

Originally I was being good and only buying the ones that I really wanted but nowadays I'll often buy new ones simply because I don't own them yet. For example, I recently found a Sheik Amiibo at EBGames and snatched it up simply because I didn't already own one. Any will power that I once to be conservative is now gone. Amiibo are just so darn fun and addictive to collect. ;_;

To give an update since my last post however, here's what my current collection looks like (minus Sheik, which I bought after snapping this photo):
Amiibo-collection-Feb-12-15.png.jpg

Fox, King Dedede, and Toon Link I recently found locally, but I actually broke down and preordered Bowser and Ike from Amazon UK before they'd released in Canada due to fear of not being able to get them here. I likely won't be doing that again unless I simply cannot find the figures that I want, most specifically those from the upcoming wave that I'm dying to own (ie. Charizard, Lucina, and Ness).

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Just bought Sonic, Mega Man and Pikachu (which is on sale on ShopTo today).

Still quite want Charizard and possibly Pac Man, but until there are more games than Smash, I'm not too bothered about getting any more.

Got me a Kirby (named Karbs, since "you can always count on Karbs!") and a Little Mac (named Big Mac, to keep with the theme). I want to pick up a Ness at some point too. My wife got a Pit, and she's calling it quits there (though when Dark Pit comes out, who knows).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I can finally mark another of my Most Wanted Amiibo off my list. :up:

My Sonic Amiibo.jpg

Found it on Toysrus.ca this morning and was able to pick it up from my local shop later this afternoon. I'm very happy to finally be able to add him to my collection. ^_^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Just bought Sonic, Mega Man and Pikachu (which is on sale on ShopTo today).

Still quite want Charizard and possibly Pac Man, but until there are more games than Smash, I'm not too bothered about getting any more.

So, I'm a dirty, rotten liar:
amiibo-1.jpg

Since my last post, I've added Greninja, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Olimar, Dr Mario, Bowser Jr and the Splatoon squid to my amiibo collection. There are actually a few I -definitely- want to pick up as well, primarily Lucario and Pac-Man.

Bonus shot of all my NFC whataboutery, including two Pokemon Rumble figures and a bunch of Marvel Disney Infinity figures:

amiibo-2.jpg

Bonus actual shot of the Captain Toad that's hiding at the back there:
amiibo-3.jpg

Bonus bonus shots of other colllection stuff for the hell of it:
amiibo-4.jpg

amiibo-5.jpg