• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Ambrose Academia

To say the least, Areum was quite surprised with the reaction of Kenji that followed her outbursts. One second she was attempting to flee the scene, the next she was kissing the one boy she had ever fallen for. When she pulled away, she buried her face in his chest, eyes tightly shut. Mixed emotions flooded the flushed girl, but all she really cared about was that moment - then and there. Her hands clutched at Kenji’s shirt, not wanting to separate. Her eyes were watery with relief as she relaxed against him. “Thank you,” she sniffled, face still pressed against his chest. “I’m glad you’re the one that I like to the highest, yet unfamiliar, extent.”

Kenji smiled as he held the embrace, not wanting to pull away either. "Likewise." And suddenly, still hugging the one he knew he now loved, Kenji grabbed her shoulder and her wrist, flipped her over, (without nearly as much impact as per usual, obviously) and tapped her on the nose before stroking her cheek softly. He grinned playfully as he planted another kiss on her forehead before chiming, “You really do need to improve your footwork, though.”

Areum laughed - actually laughed for the first time in awhile. “Leave me alone, my footwork is lovely,” she said with a smile, then rubbed her eyes. Pushing herself back up, she delightedly gazed at Kenji before exhaling softly. “Okay, now, keep teaching me, I should be able to handle it now,” she said, cheeks flushed as she awaited for Kenji to direct her further.

Granted, she knew she’d likely be much more distracted than usual.

Kenji nodded with a warm smile as well, before complying and continuing to teach her. The training session had taken a bit longer than usual, mostly because the two would play around every so often, but finally, once indigo and orange began to spill into the evening sky, Kenji checked his phone and nodded. “Alright; that should be enough. It’s getting dark, anyway.” Ruffling Areum’s hair playfully, he slung his backpack over his shoulder and planted one more kiss on her lips. “I’ll see you on Monday; unless you want to start taking lessons during the weekend, of course.” He added with a grin.

Areum quickly kissed him back, feeling an incredible amount of surreality. At his teasing offer, Areum flushed red. “Wha - no, no, I don’t think I’ll be able to handle that,” she stammered, going to grab her own bag. As she tossed it on her shoulders, she smiled at Kenji once more, with a small “bye.” Then, the young teen made her way home, humming the entire time. It felt as if a huge weight had been hoisted off of her back.

When she entered her home, she quickly ran to her room and crumpled on her bed with immense happiness. Most of it all still felt unreal to Areum, but she wasn’t complaining. She finished her evening with a shower, some studying, and a text to Kenji - she received his number throughout a couple training days - that said “g’night ♪”. That’s a thing that people do, right? ...Like, when they like each other?

Kenji returned home as well, feeling much happier than usual. He received a text from Areum saying good night and quickly typed back a response: “Good night ♥”. He smiled at his phone briefly before getting ready to go to bed, washing up and changing into a more comfortable set of clothes, Crawling into bed,Kenji recounted the events that had just occurred earlier and sighed with a content heart, his mind filled with pleasant thoughts as he drifted off to sleep.

The weekend went rather quickly for Areum, as she was distracted for a lot of it. On Monday morning, she awoke fairly early and bridled through her routine. After stepping into her flats, with her bag on her shoulder, Areum began the trek to school. She was noticeably calmer than usual, with a much more inviting presence.

On entering the building, Areum made her way to her homeroom, took her seat in the front, and took out a book with a relaxed composure.

Kenji arrived at school on Monday and made his way to his homeroom class. Walking in, he saw Areum from the corner of his eye, reading her book like she always was, and headed towards her. Being extra quiet as to make sure he wouldn't get found out, he lunged out and grabbed both shoulder, shouting loudly in order to give her a little scare. While he did this, however, he had a playful smile on his face, and his eyes shined with glee, showing that his actions had no bad intent. Luca, noticing this after turning in the direction the shout had come from, glowered at the boy, beginning to hatch a plan. So, that's the one you care about, eh?

Areum, with her alertness somewhat low, was rightly terrified when she felt a pair of hands on her shoulders accompanied by a shout. The girl jumped, and turned her head swiftly to look behind her. When she saw who it was, she blinked once before covering her face with embarrassment. Her ears flowed red as a few students whispered around the pair. Slowly, she pulled her hands from her face, which was still very flushed, and looked up at Kenji. “Oh my god - I almost had a heart attack,” she said in a bit of a whisper, a grin growing on her face. She placed a hand on her chest, signaling that she was still ruffled from the spook.

Oh, wait - our classmates don’t know that we’re dating! ...We’re dating, right? The new thoughts struck up in Areum’s mind.

Kenji chuckled and ruffled Areum’s hair playfully before sitting at his assigned seat. The bell rang shortly after, signaling the beginning of school. The rest of the day went by rather quickly, and soon, Kenji was at the clearing now incredibly familiar to him, waiting for Areum to arrive so that they could begin training. However, by the time Areum arrived, Kenji would be about to face off with Luca, who wanted yet another rematch.

As the day brushed along, Areum finished up any of her homework. She was confronted a couple of times by students, whom she was hardly acquainted with, about whether or not she was dating Kenji. Her reply was to nervously chuckle, drop their awareness, and sneak away.

Areum, with her bag on her shoulders, then made her way to the clearing. Expecting to find Kenji awaiting her, she was instead familiarized with the ever-so “all talk” male, Luca, challenging Kenji to what seemed like the hundredth rematch. Areum sweatdropped as she approached the clearing. She stood off to the side, intently watching to see how things would pan out.

Noticing Areum from the corner of his eye, Kenji called out to her to get her attention and said, "Hey Areum, watch this fight. I'll be quizzing you on what you've learned along the way." Luca's eyes narrowed and he sneered before quipping, "So, you trying to impress your little girlfriend, punk?" Kenji looked at him with mock confusion. "What do you mean by that? How can I impress her by beating you in a fight, something she already knows I can do?" Luca, now extremely pissed off, leapt at him with a sharp blade made of ice, aimed at Kenji's neck. Kenji, however, unfazed by the attack, stepped inward and ducked under the swing, dodging it with ease. As Luca swung again with a backhand motion at the same target, Kenji caught his wrist and twisted it back, causing Luca to bend over. Kenji then followed up with a kick to the face and a flip over the shoulder. It wasn't enough to knock the kid unconscious, but enough to keep him still for a while. Kenji turned to face Areum, gesturing to Luca. "So, how many mistakes did you see in his technique?"

Areum watched the short spar, eyes following the movements of both individuals while setting her backpack on the ground. When Kenji walked up to her after his fight with his quiz, Areum replied with, “Ah, at least five - maybe six.” Her arms were crossed as she glanced down at Luca, who wasn’t quite out of consciousness. Turning back to Kenji, she remembered a question she had for him.

“Oh - I know we never actually said it, but are we dating?” she asked him softly, flushing a bit from light embarrassment.

Kenji nodded in response to her answer and blinked in confusion upon hearing her question. "I mean, we did kiss like, twice, so I would assume so." He shrugged and grinned as Luca got back up and dusted himself off. "Hey! This fight isn't over yet." Kenji turned back to face Luca and nodded, getting into a casual fighting stance. "Alright, this time I want you to identify the mistakes and explain why that gave me an edge over him, got it?" Luca scoffed and lunged once more, this time trying a sweep to the leg by crouching down and spinning for momentum. Kenji raised his foot to avoid the sweep and followed up directly into a fast turn kick, catching Luca square in the jaw mid spin. Luca was launched backward and hit the ground, wincing in pain but getting up just as quickly as he had been knocked down. He jumped at him and attempted a flying knee, which was promptly blocked and hit down by Kenji's fist. Thrown off balance, Luca began to stumble backward, and seizing the opportunity, Kenji grabbed hold of his neck and wrist, hoisting him into the air and slamming him down on the ground, leaving the poor kid unconscious. Kenji turned to look back at Areum and put his hands in his pockets. "Well? What did you see?"

Areum flushed and grinned as Kenji replied and went back to finish the battle. As Luca’s chance of winning grew lesser and lesser, Areum paid attention to his mistakes once again. In response to Kenji’s question after he knocked the poor male out, she said, “He didn’t bother checking for a weak point in the first place and instead charged, probably hoping it would deal damage. Then, as he tried to hit his knee upon you, he wasn’t aiming very well and was stopped quickly. Overall, his defense was really messy.” Areum tucked her hair behind her ear, making somewhat confident eye contact with Kenji.

Kenji nodded in agreement. “Good eye. Not only that, though; flying knees are only good when the opponent is off balance. I had full control in that situation, so an attack like that left him extremely vulnerable because I had all the time in the world to counter. With that, he then carried Luca in a fetal position— despite the latter being much taller and heavier— before setting him down where he could be found by others and taken home. “Now, let’s begin.”

Areum nodded, and thus the practice began. It varied between specific types of defensive blocks, and offensive jabs. When evening was visibly approaching the day, the pair called it a day. Wiping off her forehead, Areum sighed softly. She picked up her bag, then leaned up to kiss Kenji’s cheek. “Bye,” she said and smiled, then head back for her home. From there on, she showered, read quite a bit, and called it a night as she slipped into her bed.

Upon arriving back at home, Kenji tossed his bag into the couch and flopped onto his bed. Reading his novel until he deemed it late enough to sleep, he changed into a more comfortable outfit and drifted off to bed.

At school the next day, Kenji sat at his home room desk, waiting for class to begin. However, before the bell rang, the PA system turned on, and the principal’s voice rang out from the speakers. “Good morning, students; I would just like to make an announcement: our annual high school formal is scheduled to occur next Friday, from 5 PM to 9 PM. Guys and girls, be sure to ask that special person and show up for a fun time of dancing, food, and games. More information will be given by your home room teachers.” With that, Mr. Alder began going around, passing flyers about the formal to all of the students. Accepting one, Kenji skimmed over the important details, making sure to remember them later. He didn’t need to worry about the date part; that had been taken care of last week.

Areum read through the sheet of paper that was handed to her. She tucked it into her bag while pulling out a book for the upcoming class. While keeping a calm composure, Areum inwardly felt butterflies in her stomach. She was a sucker for romance and dances, so to say she was excited was rather fitting. Soon, class began and the day swept along somewhat briskly. Areum then travelled to the clearing and tossed her bag down.

The girl tied her hair into a loose braid, awaiting for Kenji to arrive shortly.

After school was over, Kenji made his way to the clearing he knew all too well, and as he walked, he took some time to enjoy the scenery around him. Ever since the beginning of his relationship with Areum, he found himself being much... happier, for some reason. He whistled a tune as he walked, unaware that a particular person had slipped past his vision, headed for the same clearing. While Areum had been waiting, an arm had roughly gripped her neck in a headlock position as an sharp blade of ice was held against her neck. "Move, and I cut out your throat. Use any kind of illusion crap, and Kenji'll find himself without a date to the formal next week." Suddenly, Kenji arrived at the scene, watching as Luca Spritsfeld continued to spew threats at Areum. He watched, made eye contact with Areum, and nodded confidently, almost as if he was saying to her, You know what to do. Of course, if Kenji knew Areum couldn't defend herself, Luca would receive a beating beyond his wildest imagining, but having faith in his girlfriend, he waited to see how things played out, ready to intervene just in case.

Saying that Areum was surprised was a messed up understatement. As the cold weapon hovered near her neck, Areum stayed still for a moment before sharply jabbing her elbow into Luca’s more vulnerable side. He stumbled to the side a bit, and Areum took the moment the duck out of the headlock. She hooked her foot around his leg, then stood up and jerked forward, sending him down via trip. As he scrambled on his stomach, Areum quickly stomped down on the hand that held the blade. Luca groaned loudly as Areum kicked the ice away. She reached to her neck and felt her throat, then pulled her hand back. A smear of blood was on her palm, causing her the realization that he must have knicked her as he stumbled.

It wasn’t a huge slice - only a cut across her throat. Areum was incredibly stressed from the sudden event, and frustrated for performing somewhat sloppily. Glaring down at Luca, she fought back the urge to destroy the pained male.

As the events progressed, Kenji saw the result and was less concerned about Luca on the ground than the cut on Areum's neck. Feeling a large amount of guilt, he took out a first-aid kit that he brought along ever since training started and began to patch up her wound. "Hey, hey; you're fine. Look at me; I'm here." Once Areum's cut was dealt with, Kenji sighed and pulled her into a hug, kissing her on the cheek. "I'm sorry. If I'd known he would manage to get a cut on you, I would've intervened." Luca got up from behind him and cradled his broken wrist, wincing in pain. "Really, punk? Where's the Kenji I knew from two weeks ago? The one who didn't show any emotion in a fight? This just proves you've gotten weaker." Kenji pulled away from the hug and turned to face Luca. Suddenly, in a burst of light and blue electricity, Kenji seemed to teleport as he now stood somewhere else, pinning Luca by the throat with one hand against a tree. "You threaten her like that again.. you even touch her like that again, and I'll make all the other beatings I've given you Heaven compared to the Hell you get once I get my hands on you. Do you understand?" Every word was spoken slowly and menacingly, and Luca's eyes were wide with fear as he managed a shaky nod. Kenji released his grip on Luca's throat as the latter fell to the ground on his rear before hurriedly retreating from the clearing.

Still ruffled, Areum watched quietly as Kenji slowly explained the excruciating pain that Luca would suffer through. When the male scurried away with his tail between his legs, Areum walked up behind Kenji and embraced him from behind, still rather quiet. “I’m sorry,” she stammered, pressing her forehead onto his back. “I didn’t do very well, sorry.” The teen sighed and closed her eyes, feeling a strong mix of startled-ness, faint disappointment in herself, and immense gratefulness to Kenji for shooing Luca away, for what she hoped would be, once and for all.

Kenji turned around and hugged Areum back, kissing her once more briefly on the lips. "Hey, it's fine. You're still learning, so you'll get there; I know you will." He continued to hold the embrace for a few more seconds before slowly pulling away and smiling encouragingly at Areum. "I'll bet you were pretty shaken up from that ordeal; do you want to take a break from training today, maybe hang out at my place?" Of course, it wasn't necessary; Kenji was confident that Areum was plenty comfortable staying at her own home, but he figured that physical presence would be much better than just a simple encouragement sent via SMS, and he wanted nothing more than to be there for her after a chaotic event.

Areum weakly smiled. “That’d be nice,” she admitted. She walked over to her bag and slung it onto her back, then returned to Kenji. She took his hand and intertwined her fingers with his, then looked up at him with another smile. Areum then let him lead the way to his abode.

During the walk there, Areum settled down more, feeling less panicky and more of a slightly spooked. She made sure not to let go of Kenji’s hand, or stay too far away from him as they made their way to his home.

Walking along with Areum back to his house, Kenji could instantly tell that Areum had relaxed a lot more, which made him relieved. Once the two arrived, Kenji held the door open for her before setting his backpack down next to the couch. His parents had gone missing years ago— something Kenji didn’t y’all about often— so he made sure the house was held together by himself. “So, this is my house; feel free to relax on any of the couches or my bed. Bathroom is in the hallway over there to the left.” After the brief tour, Kenji smiled warmly at Areum and stroked her cheek before walking into the kitchen. “Are you hungry? I can fix a little something for you to eat if you want.”

Areum curiously glanced around Kenji’s house, it being her first time entering it. It was nice - it had his scent and made her smile. “Ah, I’m not hungry, thanks,” the girl said. She slipped her shoes off at the door, then seated herself on the couch. Areum laid back and stretched her arms behind her and over the arm of the couch. She stared up at the ceiling for a moment before sitting up with her back against the couch’s arm, and her legs in a crossed position. The teen reached back and took out her braid, then pushed her hair behind her ear. “Thanks for letting me intrude,” she said softly to her boyfriend.

Kenji nodded and walked out of the kitchen to join her on the couch. Upon hearing her express her gratitude, he smiled and softly pulled her into a side-hug. "It's no problem at all. I'm just happy to help." The two sat there for a while before Kenji then stood up and gave Areum a proper tour of the house, showing her to every room and all of his belongings, which consisted of a number of Lego architecture sets-- which he justified by saying, "it was a hobby when I was young" with a sheepish grin-- and other things. Afterwards, the two returned to the living room, where a sleek, black grand piano sat against a nearby wall. Kenji noticed it and chuckled softly. “It’s been ages since I played that; it was another old hobby of mine back in the day, but I don’t play it nearly as often as I did.” (Where have I heard that one before xd)

With soft fascination, Areum smiled at all of the different things Kenji pointed out to her. Occasionally, she’d giggle at certain things that were associated with him growing up. As they reached the piano, Areum looked at Kenji as he spoke. “..My mom made me take piano lessons for a really long time,” she admitted. “Although, somehow, I’m not very good at it.” She smiled as she looked down at the keys, then at Kenji.

(sounds awfully familiar)

“That was me for a long time,” Kenji replied with a nostalgic smile. “My parents— back when they were still here, at least— made me do piano professionally for a while, and I went to tons of competitions, bringing home first place almost every time.” He ran his fingers along the black and white keys, sighing softly. “I could maybe play something for you, if you’d like. I’m really rusty though, so...” Music was known to soothe people, so Kenji figures that he could get Areum to feel much better by playing a soft piano piece for her.

Areum blinked before smiling gently. “Yeah, sure, I’d like that,” she replied to the offer that Kenji proposed. She seated herself down on the couch, pulling her legs up and to the side, relaxing a bit. As she moved her head to rest in her hand, she felt the slight shift of bandages and faintly grimaced at the entire spiel that occurred minutes ago. However, she had confidence that whatever tune Kenji would perform for her would alleviate her stresses and furthermore make her relaxed.

Kenji nodded with a smile and sat down on the piano bench. Sighing with nostalgia once again as he touched the tips of his fingers to the piano keys, he then began to play a piece that he had enjoyed playing during his musical pursuits. As he played the soothing melody, he began to imbue his playing with beautiful imagery and struck every chord with a peaceful tone. Once the piece had began to come to a close, Kenji gradually decreased the volume of the music and finished, drawing back his fingers slowly. He then stood up and smiled sheepishly, shrugging modestly as he joined Areum on the couch.

“I dunno.. sounded just, super rusty,” the girl teased. Areum let her head fall to rest on Kenji’s shoulder as he seated himself down beside her. “You’re beyond excellent in my opinion,” She then said with a resplendent smile. Areum had achieved pure contentness right then and there as she softly sighed against her boyfriend. “I wanna stay here - like this,” Areum announced with a gentle tone. “I’m really honored over the fact that you’re in my life.” She closed her eyes and nuzzled her head against Kenji’s neck.

"Likewise," Kenji replied as he smiled and kissed Areum on the lips. The two sat on the couch, Kenji's hand on her cheek as he continued to lock his lips with hers. This moment, right here and right now, felt incredibly foreign to him. Having grown up with missing parents and not feeling much emotion, Kenji didn't understand the concept of.. love. And yet, with Areum, it just felt so natural; she was the only one who made him feel human. He leaned into the embrace for a few more seconds and slowly pulled away from the kiss, smiling warmly as he gazed into Areum's eyes. "I love you."

Blinking a few times, Areum took a moment to register the event that had presented itself before her. When the realization sank in, Areum quickly became a mess of flushed red and pink. Oh, god, I’m terrible at romance. I’m gonna screw this up. After a pause of silence from the burning Areum, she widened her eyes and responded. “I-I love you, too!” she said a little loudly, appearing rather surprised. Then, she hung her head and covered her face with one hand in embarrassment. Her other hand reached out to Kenji’s, then held onto it with a sort of reliance. Areum’s heart was wildly thumping within her chest as she looked downwards through her fingers.

Kenji watched as Areum blurted out her response and hid her face in a hand in embarrassment, prompting him to chuckle softly. He pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back encouragingly. "You're fine, don't worry. I can tell we're both kinda new to this romance thing, huh?" The teen continued to intertwine his fingers with his girlfriend's giving it a small, soft squeeze. Watching Areum's face melt into a mixture of bright red and pink from embarrassment was... honestly kind of cute.

Weeks passed and the relationship between Areum and Kenji stayed strong in its place. Her training was consistent and she grew with her powers - now being able to fully manipulate and summon digital weapons and hold a large tolerance of awareness shifts.

On a Monday, a day that was pretty frosty, Areum sat at the front of her homeroom and sorted her notebooks before the day started. Her hair was in a half-ponytail and neatly laid against her back. Within several minutes, Mr. Alder stood behind his desk. Clearing his throat, he announced. “Students - I am unaware if any of you are familiar with the traditional local sparring tournament that is held in our area. The gist of it is that a tournament will be held in a the same yearly location - that is, a small stadium. Students will fight in teams, and the pair that is victorious will move on to regionals. From there it goes to nationals, and internationals afterwards. It is a difficult feat to overcome, but is highly encouraged to attempt. As usual, sign-ups are in each classroom.

Areum glanced over at Kenji with the mindset that they’d automatically be partners. Every student in each homeroom flocked to the sign-ups when they could, and each sign-up sheet was nearly full by the end of the day.

After hearing Mr. Alder's announcement about the local sparring tournament, Kenji immediately turned to glance at Areum, the two making direct eye contact in an instant. Grinning, he gave his girlfriend a small nod before returning his gaze to the front of the classroom. He was proud; Areum's training had gone beyond well, and she had achieved near complete mastery of her power. With the two of them teaming up, locals was as good as won. After class, Kenji stopped by near the door and signed him and Areum up for the tournament before leaving, the day continuing on. Soon, school was over, and Kenji waited in the same clearing all too familiar to him, waiting for Areum so that their training could start.

In another campus near Ambrose Academy, a tall teenage boy stood in the middle of the school soccer field. He had spiky brown hair and deep green eyes, and he wore a black tank top with olive green trousers, paired with black sneakers. As he stared at the grass in front of him, a small smirk grew on his face as red and purple sparks danced around his fingertips. Then, quite suddenly, the teen thrust his hands straight up in the air and yelled as a giant inferno of scarlet and fuchsia burst from his hands, a pillar of flame erupting into the air. After it had dissipated, the boy let his hands fall to his sides as Ryohei smiled widely, fire dancing in his eyes. "A tournament, huh? Sounds exciting."

Areum arrived at the usual area after school, where she was met with the familiar training she started taking so many weeks ago. When Kenji and she finished, Areum sat in a grassy spot and brushed her hair out of her face, slightly fatigued from the practice. “I assume you signed us up already?” she quipped nonchalantly. Her nose was slightly red from the light chill that nipped at her.

Meanwhile, a slim-built male walked across a soccer field to approach another boy who had just finished bursting a pillar of magic from his hands. The teen, named Hatsuo, clicked his tongue and ran a hand through his short, bleached hair. He wore a white shirt with a black windbreaker, as well as black ripped jeans and grey sneakers. “Yo,” Hatsuo announced to Ryohei, undoubtedly approaching him to strike up the possibility of being tournament partners. Hatsuo knew that Ryohei’s ability was one to envy, while his own was rather useful itself - it being the ability to shift in and out of reality, as well as a learned ability to summon boiling or freezing water as a projectile. “Judging by your spark of eagerness that you’ve displayed, I’ll make the assumption that you’re aware of the tournament.” Hatsuo smirked. “How’s about you and I team up? There’s no doubt that we’ll be forces to reckon with.”

Last edited:
Kenji grinned at Areum and replied, "Of course! Locals is gonna be a piece of cake." He walked over to her and planted a small kiss on her lips before stroking her cheek softly. "Right now, we've covered all the fundamentals, and since your fighting form is well and good, I'll help you on what you think you might need to hone, so just tell me anything you want to train."

Ryohei turned to glance at Hatsuo after unleashing the powerful display of his ability and grinned. "Sounds like a plan. We'll be the ones to win internationals."