• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Alola University! Discussion/Sign Ups

After you've been accepted, you can start here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/alola-university.16574/#post-452129
>>>
Basically, the title explains itself.

Alola University is located in HeaHea City. It's a private school that strong and passionate Pokémon Trainers learn the basics and more. Students share dorms, clubs and hobbies are available, and sports sign-ups are encouraged to be seen.

Rulios:
  • Minimal cursing.
  • Implied romance is allowed.
  • No controlling other characters; no oping.
  • Have fun!
Sheet!​
Name:
Height:
E/c:
H/c:
Appearance:
Clothing:
Skills:
Personality:
Other:

Pokémon:
Mine:​
Name: Tsuka “Tsu” Kaneya
Height: 5'2"
E/c: Golden yellow, intimidating.
H/c: Pale dirty-blonde.
Appearance: Tsu is rather attractive. Her hair falls to her mid-back, and it's tied into a ponytail with sideswept bangs. She's moderately pale, and is considered skinny. She also has black framed glasses.
Clothing: A black, sort of oversized, zip up jacket over a white t-shirt with the words “Karasuno” on the front. She wears short jean shorts and red sneakers.
Skills: She's good at analyzing the situation, and is gentle with Pokémon. She also plays volleyball.
Personality: Quiet and sort of intimidating. She's considered serious and clever, and doesn't like socializing much, unless it's to insult somebody or tease them. In any battle or volleyball game, Tsu is incredibly focused and is excellent in keeping her calm.
Other: She's pretty smart.

Pokémon:
Vaporeon, female, Nami.
Alola Raichu, male, Buddy.
Houndoom, male, Striker.

Last edited:
May i join please

Name:Tim
Height:5'3''
E/C:Blue
H/C: Dark Brown
Appearance:Short Black hair, and quite attractive
Chlothing:Black t- shirt with dark blue jeans and black and white sneakers
Personality:Kind and a bit quiet. He loves Pokemon a lot and is kind and gentle towards them.

Pokemon:
Umbreon(Male)
Lucario(male)
Alolan Marowak

Name: Mila Star
Height: 1.75m
E/c: Brown
H/c: Black
Appearance: Mila has pale skin and long, straight hair. She usually wears a black short sleeve t-shirt. She also wears dark blue leggings and black, leather boots.

Skills: She's pretty good at swimming and gymnastics and she also plays the guitar. She's kind and gentle with Pokemon and is a good battled.
Personality: She's quiet, but she's fierce and tough. Mila loves to battle and strengthen her Pokemon. She can get pretty angry over small things but overall is a nice person. She also doesn't like to show weaknesses.

Pokémon:

Species: Jangmo-o
Name: Zuri
Gender (Male)

Species: Croconaw
Name: Helix

Species: Alolan Sandlash
Name: Frostbite

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Name: Orion Sparkes
Height: 5'5"
H/c: Hazel
Appearance: Fit young teen, Peach skin tone, Spiked Hair
Clothing: Light Blue Short Sleeved Button Up, Kahki Pants, Blue Sneakers, Star Earings, and a Camera thats always hanging around his neck
Skills: Photography, Contests, and Battling
Personality: Nce caring generally kind guy, although don't get on his bad side, he can be pretty nasty
Other: ( idk if this is allowed but ) Part of the Yearbook Committee

Pokémon:

Luxray (M)
Alolan Ninetails (F)
Litwick (M)

Last edited:
Room for one more? So that I can wreck the perfect gender ratio? (Sorry :p)

Name: Rai Kimura
Height: 5'4
H/c: Brunette, with bleached tips (it used to be completely bleached, but her natural color grew out a bit).
Appearance: She is short with a muscular, athletic build. She also has short hair that reaches just past her jawline and fairly tanned skin.
Clothing: She wears a short-sleeved, off-white colored top with a black silhouette of a Pikachu on it, and black jeans with tennis shoes of the same color.
Skills: She competed in Track during high school, but her true passion is in the martial arts, namely Judo.
Personality: Some would call her a tomboy based on her appearance and reckless behavior. She also has quite the temper, and rarely does what she's told unless she deeply respects the other person, which is usually for their strength (physical or mental).
Other:

Pokémon:
Mienfoo, female, Rika
Arcanine, male, Ajax

I'll give this a shot. One question though, does this take place before or after the main story line from the games? If there are any inaccuracies, tell me and I'll edit my character sheet appropriately.

Name: Ramona 'Ōpūnui
Home: Paniola Town, but lived in Po Town during most of her teenage years
Height: 5'8"
E/c: Dark brown
H/c: Her hair is dark brown and wavy, but dyed pink at the tips (dip dye). It hangs just past her shoulders, and is tied back in a low pony tail.
Appearance: She is fairly tall, but lean in built. She can be somewhat intimidating due to her stereotypical "bad girl" attitude, and she is comfortable with showing lots of skin.
Clothing: She wears a pink and green crop top, frayed white shorts, a white sports headband, and taupe sandals. She also wears a taupe-colored beaded bracelet on her left wrist, given to her by her grandmother.
Skills: She has picked up several small skills from her time with Team Skull, including beat boxing, graffiti, bartending, card games, and ball and jacks. She is also fairly skilled at the harmonica. As far as academics go, however, she leaves much to be desired. Because she cast aside much book knowledge when she was young, she constantly feels as though she is a little behind everyone else, and is trying her hardest to catch up in her spare time. Her battling skills are better, and she doesn't hesitate when making risky moves. She just barely made it past enrollment at the university.
Personality: Ramona is extremely pessimistic, but is trying to work on her outlook on life. Fluent in sarcasm, she doesn't mind getting down and dirty to reach her overall goal. She has a problem in thinking that others often think less of her due to her background, which can lead her to be quick to snap and easily rub people the wrong way. She is skeptical about relationships. Her learning style is more hands-on than visual or auditory.
Background: When she was younger, she helped around the Pokemon nursery with her grandmother. However, when she turned 11, she decided to take on the Island Challenge, and left most of Paniola Town behind her. She managed to beat her first and second trials, but when she got to her third, she got stuck. After trying to beat the fire trial twice without success, she gave in. For a few months, she fell into a sort of depression, and, at the invitation of who would eventually turn into her (scumbag) boyfriend, she decided to revolt against the system and join Team Skull. For about five years she worked as a grunt for Team Skull, believing she was worth nothing to no one. Because her family disapproved of her choices, she stopped talking to them, and moved to Po Town. Eventually, working for the Big Boss (Guzma) became her life, and she didn't question it until her main partner, fomantis, evolved. Several other grunts had trouble evolving their Pokemon, and though it meant more higher-up work in the team, she began to question her self-worth. She began to wonder if there was more to life than messing with others' trials and terrorizing other pokemon. Eventually, not long before it eventually disbanded, Ramona left Team Skull. She wandered about Ula'ula Island for several months after that, taking up odd jobs, before eventually deciding to go home. She had thought that her family would hate her, and while her parents did yell at her for some time, they were eventually forgiving. She began working at the nursery again after that, and started challenging trainers taking on the Island Challenge to battles, to help herself gain experience. Ramona also began reading more books, and made it a goal to graduate with a college degree, to give herself a better life and prove that she could do something worthwhile.
Year: Freshman, but started a year late
Other: She always has a packet of gum on her, and is constantly chewing some.

Pokémon:
-Lurantis - Female - Caught as a fomantis on Route 5, it became her very first pokemon, and has been with her throughout her attempt at the Island Challenge and her years working for Team Skull.
-Golbat - Male - She caught golbat as a zubat while working under Team Skull.
-Mimikyu - Female - She found the poor thing during her odd months wandering Ula'ula Island. Easily relating to it, Ramona bought a pokeball and caught it, hoping they could be each other's friends.
-Egg - A brown and cream-colored pokemon egg, with a dark blue stripe down one side, given to her by her grandmother when she went off to college (it doesn't contain an articuno or anything, I promise).

Last edited:
@Kageyama Tobio - I just wanted to ask before I posted- how okay are you with cursing and foul language? I think it's fitting for my muse, and I know profanities are allowed according to the website rules, but I still want to ask the owner of the thread before I post some unwanted word (I wouldn't be cursing every other sentence or go crazy or anything I swear).

Kyuukon

Previously Kyubi~
Whoops, I didn't get a notification but here.
Name: Blair
Height: 167 Cm
E/c: Dark Orange
H/c: A mix of orange & Black
Appearance: Blair has the normal height and build of the average student. But he has short hair that appears to be a bit fluffy that also seems to cover his ears. His eyes usually appear to be deadpan/soulless as if being apathetic.
Clothing: Most of the time, he will wear a simple collared white shirt with black jeans. He will also wear a red scarf around his neck.
Skills: He seems to be quite good at observing certain actions and movements. He also is able to play the piano.
Personality: Blair is often very exhausted and tends to be lazy almost all the time. His apathetic attitude almost always shows when he talks to people. He seems to also be a bit deadpan.

Other: He is also often clueless and can occasionally act like a child. But he means no harm.

Pokémon: Braixen (F)
Glaceon (F)
Flaafy (M)

Can I join? Here is my info...

Name: Teiran
Height: 5, 1
E/c: light brown
H/c: Dirty Blond, and thick
Appearance: Teiran is often an A+ student, and has hair that goes all the way down to her feet, and when she puts it into a ponytail, because she always does, it elevate's to her shins. Her lags are also longer than her waist.
Clothes: Teiran wears a Navy Blue T-shirt, and tan cargo shorts. She also wears black, converse hightops, which hides her socks.
Skills: Teiran can run really fast, and likes to dance, sing, and draw.
Personality: Teiran is a bubbly tomboy, and she is kind, caring, determined, and never leaves a friend behind, or gives up on her dreams
Other: I don't have anything in particular for the other section
Pokemon: Popplio and Pichu.

If I make the cut, who will be my dorm buddy?

Last edited:
May I join?

Name: Ryan
Height: 5' 0"
E/c: Brown, a darkish brown.
H/c: was black, now with little orange hair color.
Appearance: Hair: sort of like trainer Red, is a orange color. Usually wears sunglasses.
Clothing: Usually wears an Orange jacket, red shirt, denim jeans, black flip-flops.
Skills: Is extremely acrobatic. Ryan is a great gamer too.
Personality: Ryan is a mix of funny/clownish and strict/bold.
Other: Ryan Is a fire type trainer and dreams of becoming a fire type kahuna. Ryan is also from the Kanto region.
Pokemon: Charizard, Pidgeot, Growlithe, Magmar, Flareon, and (new addition) Litten.