• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Alola Trainer School Discussion and Sign Up

Do you like Atk or Sp Atk?

• Special Attack

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • Attack

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Welcome to the trainer school on Melemele island! You are a new student who has just enrolled. Your teachers are Professor Kukui, Lillie and Principal Oak. You are allowed to have one first stage Pokemon under level 20. Your character can be from the age of 11 - 16. The subjects are:

Pokemon Science
Pokemon History
Pokemon Care Class
Pokemon Battling
Pokemon Art Class
Pokemon English Class

Pokemon Exploration - Which is where you go out of the school and explore or something like that

This RP takes place 15 years after the events of Pokemon Sun and Moon

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Favourite Subject:
Least Favourite Subject
Goal:

Pokemon:
Nickname:
Moveset:

Here's mine:

Name: Morgan Lily

Appearance: Black Hair, Dark Skin, Ponytail, Red sweater, black tights, hipster shoes (Peace signs, flowers)

Personality: Chill, smooth, friendly, outgoing

Favourite Subject: Pokemon Exploration Class

Least Favourite Class: Pokemon History

Goal: To become the Alola Champion

Pokemon: Alolan Vulpix
Nickname: Frost
Moveset: Powder Snow, Ice Beam, Blizzard

;)

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Name: Joel
Appearance: Brown hair, fair skin, Shaggy hair, Purple T-Shirt, Green Shorts, Black Sneakers
Personality: Shy, Kind, Quiet
Favourite Subject: Pokemon Care Class and Pokemon Exploration Class
Least Favourite Subject: Pokemon English Class
Goal: To become a well known Trainer

Pokemon: Mudkip
Nickname: Bubble
Level: 12
Moveset: Mud Slap, Water Gun, Tackle,

Is Age the level?

Last edited:
Name:Hazel
Appearance:Hazel has long, chocolate brown hair worn loose.She has fair white skin and freckles. Her eyes are a hazel brown, hence her name. Her outfit is a simple, short black dress with a decorative rose on the right side. She wears a black headband and wears black flats with white leggings.
Personality: Hazel is is a outgoing girl who is friendly to everyone. She is bubbly and optimistic.
Favourite Subject: Pokemon History and Pokemon Battling
Least Favourite Subject: Pokemon Art Class
Goal:To Become a Famous Trainer or a Elite Four Member

Pokemon: Growlithe
Nickname: Buddy
Level:6
Moveset: Leer, Bite, Growl, Ember

Name: Jasmine
Appearance: jasmine sports long aqua blue hair and a red tee shirt she also has blue shorts
Personality: Shy, Kind, Quiet but still loves to chat with friends
Favourite Subject: Pokemon Care Class and Pokemon Exploration Class
Least Favourite Subject: Battling
Goal: To become a well poke puff maker

Pokemon: Axew
Nickname: Ace
Level: 14
Moveset: tackle, dragon claw leer

Can the Pokemon evolve? And can you catch Pokemon?

Name: Myth
Appearance: Dark brown hair, wears a black jacket, plain white shirt, jeans, and torn up sneakers
Personality: Cares for her pokemon more than people, stubborn, friendly
Favorite Subject: Exploration
Least Favorite Subject: Care Class
Goal: To become a great dragon master

Pokemon: Jangmo-o
Nickname: Mojo
Level: 18
Moveset: Dragon Tail, Protect, Bide, Counter

Added more information since I like to have pristine detailings for the characters. (Especially on the Pokémon.)

Trainer Character
Name:
Tori Cass
Appearance: She has pale yellow blond hair, blue eyes, and she has a skinny build. She wears a tan flatcap, as shs has a green V neck shirt on; along with blue cargo pants. She wears brown leather sandals, and a red shoulder strap bag that contains some medicinal items and other items for other purposes.
Personality: She is soft-spoken as she is very compassionate around others; especially at the young. She often babies around her Aron, as she can spoil him occassionally. She despises battling against other trainers, as the reason is unknown for now.
Favourite Subject: Her favorite subject is the Pokémon Care Class.
Least Favourite Subject: Her least favorite subject is Pokémon Battling.
Goal: Her goal is to ultimately find her Aron's true past, as her curiosity drove her to find out more about who her Aron really is.

Pokémon Character
Nickname:
He does not have a nickname, though his real name is currently unknown.
Pokémon: Aron
Type: [type]Steel[/type] [type]Rock[/type]
Age: His age is currently unknown, though he does appear to look very young.
Appearance: He is your normal, everyday Aron.
Personality: He is very timid around others; especially around other humans aside from his trainer. He can be a huge crybaby at times, as he has a huge fear of both needles and medicine. Likewise with his trainer, he also despises battling for unknown reasons.
Backstory: His past remains mostly unknown, as this will be revealed later on in the roleplay with a certain action.
Moveset: He currently knows Metal Claw, Mud Slap, Rock Tomb, and Protect.
Other: He wears a light blue scarf around his neck, as it has his real name embroidered on the inside. He also cannot normally eat iron, as he needs to have the iron injected into him.

Name:Alex
Appearance:dirty blond hair,gray shirt,orange sweater,black cargo pants
Personality:supportive and likes to think positive
Favourite Subject: Pokemon Care Class
Least Favourite Subject : Pokemon History
Goal:To be a pokemon breeder

Pokemon: Umbreon
Nickname:None
personality:has a big heart,never gives up,loves to eat,refuses to be persuaded,love to wear its black glasses.
Moveset: double team,moonlight,feint attack,confuse ray

Last edited:
Name: Aria Pine
Appearance: Aria has long, maple brown hair that she normally keeps in a ponytail. Her clothes tend to vary, but she can often be seen wearing an aqua colored t-shirt or hoodie and dark blue shorts or jeans. She stands at about 5'2" and can be considered thin.
Personality: Aria is a bit of a klutz; she tends to end up hurting herself or getting into trouble while doing even the simplest of tasks. She tends to be optimistic about things, though, and she can almost always be seen somewhat joyful.
Favourite Subject: Science
Least Favourite Subject: Art
Goal: To eventually become a Pokemon professor

Pokemon
Pokemon:
Mareanie
Nickname: none
Level: 6
Moveset: Poison Sting, Peck (it's only level 6 and no TMs have been used)

Last edited:
Name: Sylvia
Appearance: Blonde hair in a ponytail tied with a pink hair tie, gold headband, Pink skirt with gold stripes, White T-shirt with pink and gold spots, and Black knee boots.
Personality:Nice, loyal, happy mostly
Favourite Subject: Pokemon Art
Least Favourite Subject: Pokemon History
Goal: To be the best she could be at anything

Pokemon: Sylveon
Nickname: Harmony
Moveset: Dig, Moonblast, Hyper beam, Light screen.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Ql6D6.gif
Yay, This is going to be a good one I think.

Last edited:
Okay! The RP is up and the name is Pokemon Trainer School.

I've started it off so that all new trainers meet at the assembly hall to be introduced to one another, that way we don't have to have the awkward conversations.

There's a lot of aspects in roleplaying here... I've been well off after reading/memorizing the rules when I first joined last year. I've already had prior experience in roleplaying so all I needed to do was do that in their standards.

I've also been writing a lot since I was pretty much a baby, so using big vocabulary, imagery, and other literary things come naturally to me.

As a word of wisdom from me, use details... it helps a lot. (Don't overdo it to the scenario where you're describing a spec of sand as a solid matter filled with millions of atoms and also saying that its weight is 3.15 x 10 ^ -19 grams; along with stating how the spec of sand has different colors from the sedimentary and igneous fragments of rocks that were created from erosion and other processes of weathering millions of years ago.)

Name:Zenith
Apparence:dark blue shirt,red jacket,Black pants,glasses writed YOLO, Black pants,blue Shooes, Brown eyes but can turn red
Personality:relaxed,Kind,really smart,loyal
Favorite subject:pokémon battles
Less favorite subject:pokémon art
Gol:be the alola Champion

Pokémon:Alola vulpix,scraggy
Nicknames:(vulpix)flokiis (scraggy) Noir
Moveset:(vulpix) Ice Beam,baby Doll eyes (scraggy)headbutt,brick break,swagger

Is okay?

Name: Sethy
Appearance: Red tanktop with luxury ball symbol, tan jean shorts, black hair, green sneakers with white socks.
Personality: Sethy is motivated and determined to do one thing. Fight. Of course, his mother is in Kalos challenging other people to her amazing fighting gym, but with his dad he's free to do anything.
Favourite Subject: Pokemon Battling
Least Favourite Subject: Pokemon Science.
Goal: One word, describes it all. Fight.

Pokemon: Tyrogue
Nickname: Buff
Moveset: Karate Chop, Slam, Leer, Foresight

Pokemon: Egg
Nickname: Unknown
Moveset: Unknown

So is one person going to control them, or are they going to be either distributed I suppose. (If that's the case, then maybe I'd like to take lead for Professor Kukui.)

I'm assuming that the exploration class is either getting to know the way around the campus or other things.

EDIT: Nevermind, I already saw after taking a nice read from it... I'll be more than happy to control Professor Kukui then.

Name: Dani
Appearance: White skinned, slim and not too tall. Black and red striped sweater, light blue jeans and black training shoes. Brown messy hair, gray eyes.
Personality: Quiet, calm and distracted.
Favourite Subject: Pokemon Battling and Pokemon History
Least Favourite Subject: Pokemon Art Class
Goal: To surpass his older brother who was able defeat the elite four.

Pokemon: Noibat
Nickname: Dawn
Level: 10
Moveset: Screech, Tackle, Supersonic, Absorb

(Also, who will be my exploration class teacher?)

I have a new RP discussion called Journey Through Kalos - discussion and sign up.

Just a warning if you do want to join you have to have experience and be good at grammar and spelling.

Name: Demon (goes by Undyne though)
Gender: Non binary (No specific gender, is called they/them/it)
Appearance: Purple overly big hoodie with a big blue dot in the middle that says "Sorry, no one's listening", Ripped jeans, black and blue beanie, Paint splattered shoes, white skin, Brown eyes, dyed dark red hair, slim, tall.
Personality: Cocky, Strong, Adventurous, Brave, Kind
Favorite Subjects: Pokemon battling, Pokemon art
Least Favorite Subject: Pokemon Science
Goal: To become a gym leader

Pokemon: Treeko
Nickname: Max
Level: 10
Moveset: Pound, Mega Drain, Growl, Leaf Blade

Pokemon: Houndour
Nickname: Bud
Level: 7
Moveset: Fire Dang, Bite, Growl, Scary Face