• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Alola RP

"Well, then lets get going!" Kaysi exclaimed as she started running towards the school.
The whole group then finally arrived at the trainer school.
"Yeah! We made it! So what should we do first?" Kaysi said.

Ken roamed around the island and saw Ava, and ran towards her. "Hey! Long time no see, huh?" Ken asked her. "I believe I can access my PC boxes from Kalos."

Robert walked in the trainer school with Kaysi and Ava. He turned and saw that someone approached Ava, who seems to be an acquaintance or a friend of her's.

"I'll go with. Alola is different from Kalos and Hoenn, that's for sure." Ken said. Ken noticed Robert's confused expression and said, "We explored Kalos together."

"This is Ken everybody" Ava said.

Ava threw out all of her pokeballs revealing the Pokemon she had caught. There was an Eevee, Lillipup, Rockruff and cutiefly.

"These are all of my new Pokemon!"

"Kalos huh," Robert said and began to remember his time in Kalos, "Now that brings back memories. Right Raichu?" Raichu agreed with Robert, "Raichu rai!" He then waved hi to Ken, "Hi, I'm Robert."

Kaysi waved with a smile, and said, "Hi there! My name's Kaysi!"
Then one the principal came out of the school. "So, are you trainers that want to face my school?" asked the principal.
Kaysi looked at her with an excited expression, and exclaimed, "Yes!"

The principal than looked at Ken and Robert, and smiled. "Not all of our students are beginners, you know." the principal said, as she pointed to a student with a Kingdra. Kaysi was shocked of all the strong students. "I might not be able to beat some students, but I'm up for the challenge!" Kaysi said. "Don't you worry," said the principal, "all the students you'll fight will be matched with your amount of experience." The principal than looked at Ava. "Would you like to join in, as well?" asked the principal.

Ken tossed his poke ball and sent Stoke out. "Pi! Pichu!" Stoke cried cheerfully. "Stoke, get on my shoulder please." Ken said as Stoke ran up his back and stood on his shoulder.

"Great!" exclaimed the principal, "Now let the challenge begin!" The principal than looked at Ken and said, "If you're the champion of the Hoenn region, than I don't think you should challenge my students. Being champion already shows skill. Here I'll give you this." The principal then held out a case with three Poke-balls. "Each ball has one of the starters here in Alola, but they're all shiny. You may choose whichever one you want." the principal told Ken.
Kaysi than went to fight her first trainer. The trainer had an Alolan Meowth. "Wow! I've never seen that Pokemon before!" Kaysi exclaimed as she sent out Pichu. "All right Lily! Lets show this trainer that we can battle!" exclaimed Kaysi. Pichu cried in excitement with her. Kaysi fought the trainer, and then later she eventually won. "Yes! I won!" exclaimed Kaysi. "Now it's time to battle the next one."

Robert went on to challenge one of the students who had an Alolan Rattata. "Let's do this Raichu!" he said. The Rattata used Hyper Fang, which Raichu dodge and ended the battle with one Thunderbolt. "Welp... That was easy," he said to Raichu as they won.

Robert beat two more students with ease. One by using Popplio and the other by using Misdreavus. "All right! You guys were amazing!" he said to both of them. Popplio and Misdreavus were happy to hear that.

Kaysi had beaten two other trainers, and was ready to face her last one, but then she noticed Robert, and walked up to him. "Hey there Robert!" Kaysi said to Robert, "I already beat two other trainers, and I'm pretty sure that I only need to battle one more." Kaysi then noticed a guy that was sitting down, and so she exclaimed, "Hey, you, over there! Are you one of the sudents here, or are you just coming here to visit!?"

Last edited:
"That's great!" Robert replied to Kaysi, "I'm pretty sure I need one more as well." He looked around and found a trainer with a Trumbeak. He battled the trainer with Raichu and beat him with ease, since he had the advantage after all.

"Rowlet, use Leafage!" He shouted, as his Rowlet shot leaves at the Cottonee.

"Nicely done! Now us..." Cottonee had used Cotton Spore and Rowlet was now stuck on the ground. "Rowlet! Tackle!" Rowlet has trouble getting out of the sticky stuff, but he managed and used Tackle.

"Now let's catch it!" Azure threw a pokeball, and it shook 1, and 2, then 3, and...

Click!

Azure picked up the pokeball and put in in his belt, now rushing back to the Professor.
He knocked on the door and the professor opened.

"Hey Kukui, look at my new Pokémon!"
He sent out his newly caught Oricorio and Cottonee.
"Hoho! You really have a trainer's instinct don't you? I have something for you. It's called the island challenge. You'll have to go through a couple of trials and then beat the kahuna, and these can all give you z-crystals!" Kukui said.
Then Azure replied:
"Z-Crystals?"
"Z-Crystals are used for bringing out the full power of your pokemon, called z-moves. You put z-crystals in that watch you have there."
"Now that's why my brother upgraded it!"

"Now, the final thing you need before you can go to the first trial, taking place at the Trainer's School, is here."
Kukui put the Island Challenge Amulet on Azure's bag.

"Wow, thanks, i'm off to Hau'oli City!"
He left the building, heading towards the Trainer's School.

As Kaysi was trying to find her final trainer, she noticed a guy who had a Rowlet. She walked up to him, and said, "Hey, are you a trainer at this school, or are you just visiting here, cause why not?"

Robert returned his Popplio and Misdreavus and spotted Kaysi. He ran up to Kaysi with Raichu following him. "Hey Kaysi, are you done battling the trainers?" he asked.

Kaysi spotted Robert, and replied with, "Hey, Robert! And, no, I haven't fought all the trainers. I just can't seem to find the last one." And as soon as Kaysi said that, she spotted a Trainer with a Roggernola, Sableye, and Rockruff. Kaysi decided to battle him, and even though the battle was tough, she ultimately was the winner. Kaysi then went back to Robert, and said, "Looks like I defeated all the trainers after all."

Azure had watched Kaysi's last battle.
"Good job on that! He looks very strong."
"Koo koo!" Rowlet exclaimed.
"I'm here for defeating these trainers too! I first wonder where they are..."

Kaysi blushed, out of consideration, as Robert complemented her. "Aw, thank you," Kaysi said to Robert. Kaysi noticed the stranger who she had noticed prior before. The trainer complemented her, and she blushed again, but for other reasons. Kaysi said to the trainer, "Um...uh, if you want to fight some of the students in this school, you should go see the principal. She's the woman right over there," Kaysi pointed to the woman who was the principal.

"Aha! Thanks! Now I get to beat some people!" He went to the Principal and signed up.
"Okie! Now let's go and fight them!"

The first trainer was easy, the second was easy too, the third was harder.
And he barely came through the last one.

While he was reviving his Pokémon, the Principal congratulated him, and then, someone came walking to him. He wasn't even sure if he was a boy or not.

"Greetings! Captain Illima here! You beat all the trainers? Oh? What's that? An Island Challenge Amulet? That means you can take my trial! It lies ahead on somewhere on Route 3."

"Great! Can't wait to begin!" Azure replied, slowly walking away to train.

Kaysi noticed how the guy defeated all the trainers, and she was so impressed. The trainer was really good at battling, and Kaysi thought he was great.

The principal applauded Kaysi and told her that she was amazing trainer. Kaysi accepted all the applause, and the teacher told her that she was ready to head on her journey; Kaysi said thank you, and headed out of the school.

As Kaysi exited the school, she noticed the trainer talking to... Captain Illima! Kaysi was shocked, because she has read about Illima in some books, and how he was a child prodigy able to graduate his school in such a young age. As she was admiring the trainer and Captain Illima, the trainer stopped talking to him, and for some reason Kaysi jumped out of nowhere and exclaimed, "Wait!" The whole place was silent for a little bit, and Kaysi noticed this, and said, "Um, I mean, what were you guys talkin' about?" Kaysi was so embarrassed, and she started to scratch the back of her head and laugh awkwardly.

Kind of startled by Kaysi randomly jumping out of nowhere, he answered her question:
"Oh yeah, we were talking about his trial. Illima saw my amulet, and started talking about his trial.
I think it sounds like the first step to a real adventure! I'm going there! What are you going to do?" He asked her.

Kaysi blushed a little, because she was embarrassed, but she managed to say, "Oh, um... I was actually planning on going on my own adventure, yeah." Kaysi was so embarrassed that she looked down on the floor, and was kicking back and forth.

Robert got a bit startled by Kaysi's shout. He and Raichu turned to Kaysi and saw that she was blushing out of embarrassment. He smiled, went up to her and put his hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry," he said, "We all do embarrassing stuff sometimes."

Kaysi had felt Robert's on her shoulder, and she got a bit shocked, but she was also happy that Robert had comforted her. She softly said, "Thanks, Robert."

"Okay then, time to head over to Verdant Cavern! Can't wait!"
As he slowly walked away, he turned around and started running. But not for long, he would stop at the Pokémon Center and sit down. "Maybe I should heal my team..."
He went inside the Pokémon Center and healed his team.