• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Alola RP

Robert returned back to the shore and got off Lapras. He headed towards Ava and asked her, "Hey, do you mind if we watch you practice?" Raichu loved the idea as well, "Chu Raichu!"

"Of course you can watch!" Ava said to Robert, "You can both watch"

Popplio got on to Bulbasaur's vines and Eevee went into Ava's arms. Bulbasaur threw Popplio up in the air and Ava threw Eevee. They both did a backflip. They kept doing that with Eevee and Popplio doing different tricks each time. Then Bulbasaur put Popplio down and so did Ava. Popplio blew a bubble over Eevee and Bulbasaur and then over herself. Ava took the three bubbles and threw them into the air. She popped them one by one. Popplio then used water gun and Bulbasaur used Petal Dance. Eevee and Popplio were on top of the Water gun like it was a fountain. Bulbasaur lifted Ava up on one leg and then twirled her around the petals like she was ice skating. Popplio and Eevee jumped of the water gun and Bulbasaur put Eevee down.

"Finish!" Ava cried, panting.

"Okay thanks," Robert said and he brought out his newly caught Popplio so she can watch. After watching her performance, Robert, Raichu, and Popplio were left amazed from it and they all clapped for her. "Wow!" he said, "That was even better that the last performance!" Raichu and Popplio agreed, "Raichu!" "Bwark!"

Sky swan back toward the lapras and hopped on her back. Max joined as they went towards shore. He got off the Lapras and returned her to her owner he, and then walked along the bench. Then he sat down with his Pokemon to watch Ava's routine.

Ava blushed, "thank you" She said.

"Eevee!"
"Bulba!"
"Bwark Bwark!"

"I was wondering..." Ava said, "If maybe we could all travel Alola together?"

A little surprised at Ava's request, Robert and his Pokemon all looked at each other and smiled. "Of course!" he said happily, "Sounds like fun!" Raichu and Popplio cried in agreement, "Rai rai!" "Bwark bwark!"

"Great!" Ava exclaimed, "Are you doing any island trials?"

"Eevee?" Eevee asked.

"Eevee asks if you can cook, because I cannot cook at all." Ava said, laughing

"Island trails?" Robert asked. Raichu pulled out the magazine Robert was reading on the plane out of his bag. It was on the page explaining island trials. "Oh, Island Trials now I remember," he said, "Yeah I'm actually interested in them. But I think I need a trial badge. Also, no I can't cook at all."

Cedar arrived in the Alola region tired and jet-lagged, they were a bit of a night owl due to their pokemon of choice but the trip there had worn them out a bit. They had met Professor Kukui and been welcomed to the region, but none of the starters really interested them. They joked about recieving a Mimikyu instead but unfortunately, that's not how things worked.
Cedar noticed a group of trainers on the beach while beginning their adventure, their pumpkaboo floating alongside, and couldn't help but be drawn over by the array of pokemon, resulting in over hearing their conversation.
They approached the trainers with a cheerful smile,
"Did I hear something about cooking? I can cook!"

Ava turned and saw the new trainer. "Hi! I'm Ava, this is Eevee" Ava said pointing at her Eevee on the ground.

"I'm gonna go into the forest and see if I can catch some Pokemon." Ava said to the others.

Azure was in the airplane, on his way to Hau'oli City. "Oh man! I can't wait to meet pokemon from the Alola region!" Azure was not just any normal person, he was a champion. Champion of the Sandolyn Region. The air plane landed on the airport. As soon as the doors opened. Azure jumped right out. "Alola alolaaaa!" He inmiddelately ran around the town. He bought some new clothes, got a new haircut, but then... He saw a few people chatting on the beach! He ran onto the beach and joined the conversation. "Alola, how's it?"

Robert noticed new people arriving, "Hey there, I'm Robert," he said, "This is Raichu and Popplio." He then heard Ava and said, "Alright, meanwhile I'll go pick up my trial badge." He brought back Popplio into its Pokeball, and made his way to Professor Kukui's lab with Raichu following behind him.

Cedar eagerly shook the hand extended to them and was very happy with the warm welcome.
"Nice to meet you! I'm Cedar, this here is Sweets!" They gestured to their pumpkaboo before looking to Ava.
"Mind if I come with? I'm on the hunt for a Mimikyu."

Orange fumbled through the forest blindly with his Croagunk by his side. "Crap, I'm so lost..." He tried to find his way back to the beach but he felt as if he was going in circles. He stood up straight and looked in every direction but all he could see was the trees. "Man, this is some way to be spending my vacation..."

"It would be nice to travel with people." Kaysi responded to Ava. Kaysi responded to Cedar, "Hi there! My name's Kaysi."
Kaysi than saw this guy circling around the beach lost and exclaimed, "Hey! You there! Are you lost!?"

"Awesome!" Kaysi exclaimed because she could hang out with them.
When they headed into the forest Kaysi saw a Pichu. "Woah! I want to catch that!" Kaysi exclaimed as she sent out her Rowlet. "Phase, use Tackle!" Kaysi exclaimed as Rowlet attacked the Pichu. As the Pichu was weak, Kaysi chucked a Poke-ball at it and it went inside.
1 shake...
2 shakes...
3 shakes...
and Kaysi successfully caught the Pichu. "Woo! I caught my first Pokemon!" exclaimed Kaysi. "Hey Ava, because of your performance, I'm thinking of trying out for Pokemon contest as well. What do you think?" Kaysi asked.

Last edited:
"That's a great idea!" Ava said to Kaysi, "I don't think there are any contests in Alola but we could hold our own mini show!"

Ava looked around the forest and saw a Lillipup. "I'm gonna catch that Lillipup!" She threw an ultra ball at the Lillipup...

Ching!

Robert arrived at Professor Kukui's lab and knocked to see if anyone was home. A man in a lab coat, with no shirt, opened door and said, "Yes, can I help you?" "Umm, hello, is this Professor Kukui's house?" he asked. "Why yes it is and I happened to be Kukui," the man said, "so what brings you here?" Robert was a bit surprised to hear that he was Professor Kukui. "I'm actually here to pick up a trial badge," he said to the professor. "Say no more," Kukui said, "come on in." Robert and Raichu went inside and were impressed by the inside of his house. Kukui then presented Robert with a trial badge, "Here you are. Can't participate in island trails without this." "Thanks professor!" Robert said happily, and attached the badge to his bag. "Raichu rai!" Raichu cried out. Kukui noticed Raichu and showed some interest in it, "Say, is this Raichu yours?" "Why yes it is," Robert replied. Kukui proceeded to petting Raichu, "It's been a while since I saw a Raichu like this one." "Uh, what do you mean?" Robert asked. "I take this is your first time in Alola?" asked Kukui. Robert nodded. "Well, I'm sure you'll find out soon," he said. Robert still didn't know what he meant, but just shrugged it off. "Ok, see ya professor!" Robert and Raichu left the lab and went back to find the others.

"That sounds like a great idea!" Kaysi said. Ava than caught a Lillipup. "That's a cute Pokemon!" Kaysi told Ava. Kaysi then thought of something. "Hey, Ava. Why don't we start our own contest here in the Alola region?" Kaysi asked. "If we do, maybe we could start a new trend here in the Alola region." Kaysi commented.

"That's an amazing idea!" Ava said to Kaysi. They walked Through the forest, chatting about the contests. "How many Pokemon do you have?" Ava asked Kaysi.

Robert decided to go to the forest to see what Ava and Kaysi have caught. A while after searching, Raichu alert Robert that he found them and pointed towards them. "Great job Raichu," he praised Raichu. They ran over to Ava and Kaysi. "Hey, did you guys catch anything?" he asked running towards them.

"Yeah! Come on out Lillipup!" Ava said

"Lilli! LilliPupPup!" Lillipup said, he jumped into Ava's arms and licked her face. Ava smiled at Lillipup at put him on the ground.

"Well, right now I only have two Pokemon." Kaysi told Ava. "But, I'm going to add more later on." Kaysi than saw Robert come, and asked them a question. "Well, I caught myself a Pichu!" Kaysi responded. "Did you know that some Pokemon are different here in Alola than from other regions, like the Meowth and Persian from Alola are Dark types." Kaysi added. "I studied it all from a book I read."

"I know! I studied it too!" Ava said to Robert and Kaysi, "There's an alolan form of Raichu you know!"

"Anyway" Ava said, turning her attention back to Kaysi, "Your Pichu will be brilliant in a pokemon performance!"

"Yeah, I think so too!" Kaysi said. "As soon as it evolves into a Raichu, it will be the perfect combination of cute and powerful." Kaysi than remembered something. "Um, do you guys know if there are any gyms? If so, I want to go ahead and battle one right now!" Kaysi said.

"There are no gyms in Alola" Ava told Kaysi, "But there are island trials, if you defeat the grand trial you get a z-ring!"

(OOC. If you have a z-ring or mega evolution, you must get permission from an administrator, BIC)

"Wow, really?!" Robert said in a surprised voice after hearing about the Alolan forms that some Pokemon had. He then thought back to what Professor Kukui said. "So that's why the professor was surprised to see Raichu," he said. After hearing Kaysi's question he replied to her, "Um, I don't their there are any gyms in Alola."

"Yeah, if you catch a Pichu, you could have both Raichu!" Ava told Robert. "I'm gonna go and practise my new routine, do you wanna come Kaysi? Also I have no idea what you do in an island challenge, I've never done one"

"All right." Kaysi said to Ava. "Just to warn you, I might not be that good. This is actually going to be my first time doing this kind of thing." Kaysi also told Ava. "But that doesn't mean I won't try!"

"I can help you!" Ava said. She and Kaysi walked until they found a clearing. "I have a great idea for your performance!" Ava exclaimed.

(OOC. You have a Rowlet and a Pichu, right? BIC)

"Cool, I'll just watch," Robert said. He then pulled out something from his bag. "Hey Kaysi, I want you to have this," he said and handed her a soothe bell, "if you give this to Pichu, its happiness will grow and evolve into a Pikachu much faster."

"Your Rowlet should be strong enough to carry Pichu on it's back, which opens up a lot of opportunities for tricks." Ava said to Kaysi.

"The only way to make a routine is to try things' Ava said. She walked over to her pokemon and began to create a routine with them.