• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Alola RP

(OOC.Please sign up on the Alola RP discussion page. BIC)

Ava twirled with her Eevee in her arms and Bulbasaur using vine whip to lift her in the air. She threw Eevee up in the air, Eevee did a back flip and landed in Ava's arms. Bulbasaur then used Petal Dance and twirled Ava through it with Vine Whip. Eevee was doing front flips in front of Ava and bulbasaur. Suddenly Bulbasaur used petal blizzard to make a whirlwind of petals, bulbasaur then put Ava on the ground.

"And finish!" Ava said, panting.

Professor Kukui clapped, he was the only one in the audience. He said that if Ava showed him her performance he would give her a starter.

"That was great Ava!" Kukui said, "You should now choose your starter!"

He threw three poke balls and out came a Litten, Rowlet and Popplio...

Robert got off the plane from Kanto and took a deep breath in. "Ahhh, we're finally here buddy," he said to his partner Raichu. "Rai!" Raichu responded in a happy tone. After leaving the airport, they both decided explore around Melemele Island. A while has passed and they stumbled across and area where a girl is dancing with an Eevee and a Bulbasaur. "Wow, look at her go," he said as they watched from a far. After she finished, both Robert and Raichu were left in awe, "Wow, it was like watching an official Pokemon Showcase," he said. Raichu agreed, "Raichu!"

Last edited:
As Ava was choosing her starter she saw a boy watching her. She blushed.

"Hmmm... I choose... Popplio!" Ava said to Kukui

"Bwark" the Popplio said happily.

Ava picked up the Popplio and cuddled it, Popplio was going to be a good performer.

Robert saw the girl notice and knew that she was embarrassed. So he just smiled and wave. "Wow good choice," he said to himself, "if I'm not mistaken that's a Popplio." Raichu looked at the Popplio curiously from a far and he asked Robert something while pointing at it. "Huh, oh yeah. I did say I wanted a Popplio but it looks like she beat us to it," he said. Raichu's ears drooped after hearing that. Robert kneeled down to Raichu saying, "Hey, there's a beach nearby. So let's go there and see if we can catch one." Raichu was back to its happy self upon hearing that. 'Well that worked,' he thought. Both of them headed down to the beach.

Robert stopped on his tracks as he heard the girl from before calling him. "Hmm.. oh it's her," he said when turned, "I wonder what she want?" "Raichu?" Raichu said thinking the exact same thing.

"Yeah, that was one of the best performances I've seen in a while," Robert said to the girl. "Raichu!" Raichu said agreeing with its trainer. "If you're a performer, then you're from Kalos right?" he asked her hoping he was correct and didn't sound like an idiot

"Yeah, but I moved to Alola when I was 5 so I never got the chance to perform in a showcase." Ava said

"Eee! Eevee!"

"Where are you going now?"

Annabeth stepped off the boat and headed into the terminal. She showed the customs person her trainer card and passport before exiting the Melemele Ferry Terminal. Stepping out into the sunlight, Annabeth shielded her eyes as she looked into the clear blue sky. She took a deep breath as she stretched her arms above her head. This truly was a different place than Hoenn. She pulled out a small envelope from her bag and took out a piece of paper. It told her that she was supposed to meet a professor at his lab on Route 1. Stuffing the paper and envelope into her bag, Annabeth made her way through Hau'oli City towards Route 1.

"Oh I see. You looked like you were a natural so that's why I had that assumption," Robert said to her. Raichu saw the Eevee and waved at it, "Raichu rai!" "Well we're on our way to the beach," he said, "Raichu and I were fond to the idea of catching a Popplio of our own. So that's the plan."

"Can I come with you?" Ava asked

She really wanted to catch see some new Alolan Pokemon.

Eevee saw the Raichu and walked over to it.

"Eevee Eee!"

"I don't see why not. Sure." Robert told her with a smile. Raichu then replied back to the Eevee, "Raichu!" They then resumed their walk towards the beach. "So, what's your name?" Robert asked the girl as he was walking.

Sky walked around the Alolan beach, with Dusty and Cameron close behind him. "Wow, what a beautiful Region, huh guys." Sky asked his two Pokémon. They both smiled and nodded in agreement. He stood by a tree and watched a battle unfold, between a boy with a Totodile and one with a Magnamite. The boy with the Totodile, lost bad. After the battle, the boy with the Magnamite had left, Sky watched as the other trainer kicked his Totodile and shouted, "You're useless!"
"Don't talk that way about him, he's good just the way he is." Shouted Sky jumping in the way.
"Then you take him," said the trainer, smashing the water Pokemon's pokeball under his foot. And with that he left.
Sky turned towards the newly abandoned Totodile. "It's okay, bud. You were to good for him. How about we make a deal. You can come with me and we'll get stronger together." Sky held out a pokeball for Totodile. The water type nodded and pushed the button instantly being captured.
"I'll call you Max," Sky said. Then he walked ahead until he ran straight into a boy with his Raichu.
"Sorry," said Sky stumbling back, rubbing the back of his head.

"Actually, yes," Robert replied to Ava, "nice to meet you Ava. My name is Robert and I'm from Pallet Town in the Kanto region." He then bumped into a boy who apologized afterwards. "Oh, it's okay," he said to the boy.

"So am I, well actually One Island, but I've been to Kanto so many times." Sky said. "I actually met this guy near Pallet town. In the Viridian Forest."
He tossed out a pokeball and a Butterfree appeared.

"I guess I should introduce my two other Pokémon." Said Sky tossing out two more Pokeballs. A Totodile and a Sandshrew appeared. "This is Dusty and Max," said Sky pointing to each Pokemon.

Annabeth finally left Hau'oli City after a bit of window shopping. She passed a Pokemon center before coming to a crossroad. Looking around, she noticed a road sign with different destinations. Upon closer inspection of the sign, Annabeth continued on her journey to the professor's lab. She didn't have to look hard as there was only one building on the beach, which she assumed was the professor's lab. It wasn't what she expected but she didn't dismiss the building.

Annabeth approached the building and knocked on the door. "Hello? Professor?" She waited for a few moments before the door opened. Standing in the door was a shirtless man wearing a hat, a lab coat, gray short pants, and green sandals.

"Hello there. How can I help you?" The man smiled at Annabeth, who was still a bit surprised by his outif. Eventually she snapped to her senses.

"I'm supposed to meet the professor," Annabeth said as she dug into her bag and pulled out her envelope and paper and read a small part of it. "A Professor Kukui."

The man smiled and stepped aside. "That would be me! Come on in!" Annabeth nodded and thanked him as she walked inside. "I assume you're here for your starter Pokemon and trial badge."

"I actually already have a couple Pokemon," Annabeth told the Professor. "But I would like a trial badge."

Kukui smiled and laughed. "You can still have a Pokemon as well. Though I only have two right now." He pulled out two Pokeballs and tossed them into the air, letting out the Pokemon. An owl like Pokemon and a cat like Pokemon appeared on the ground in front of Annabeth. "These are Rowlet and Litten. The third would've been Popplio but another young lady had already chosen that one."

Annabeth looked at the two Pokemon. Rowlet looked back at Annabeth, tilting it head to the side, while Litten had curled up and started snoozing. It took her a couple of seconds and she decided to take Rowlet. Kukui smiled and handed Rowlet's ball to Annabeth, as well as a trial badge which she attached to her bag. Annabeth recalled Rowlet to its ball and thanked the Professor before leaving the lab and heading out, back to Hau'oli City.

"I'm a traveler. I love to explore new regions. When I heard about, a nice tropical Region, I decided that we should visit it." Sky said. His Pokémon cheered in agreement.

As Kaysi got off the plane from Kalos, and she headed straight to Iki Town. "Ah, I finally arrived at Alola!" Kaysi thought. Kaysi looked at her Poke-ball. As a good-bye present, her father gave her a Rowlet that he imported from Alola. Having Rowlet was perfect for starting her adventure in Alola. Kaysi ran up to a group of trainers, a girl with an Eevee, a boy with a Raichu, a girl with a Rowlet, and a boy with a Butterfree.
"Um, hi there! My name's Kaysi, and I just moved here from Kalos." Kaysi told the group, she really wanted to make some new friends. Kaysi than noticed the girl with a Rowlet. "Wow! What a coincidence! I actually have a Rowlet of my own." Kaysi told her as she sent out her Rowlet.

"I'm Ava, and this is Eevee, Bulbasaur and Popplio." Ava said.
"Does anyone want to come fishing with me?" Ava asked when they reached the beach.

"Great!" Ava said.

She rented a Lapras for both of them and then used one of the free fishing rods. She got on Lapras and rode out into the ocean.

"Well that was our plan," Robert said and Raichu cried out with joy and excitement "Raichu!" They rented the Lapras and got a free fishing. He got on and followed Ava.

Sky rented a Lapras and followed behind them Sky casted off, while Max jumped in the water to swim. Sky relaxed his muscles. The warm sun and the slight breeze felt relaxing.

Ava threw her fishing rod out as far as she could. She saw Robert and Sky behind her. She wondered if maybe they could all travel together.

Max swiftly swan through the water. The Sky felt a tug on the line. He pulled up to reveal a large Luvdic. "Use bite!" Shouted Sky. Max jumped out to the water and bit the Luvdisc. It faster. Then instead of trying to fish again. He took off his shoes, shirt and hat and jumped in the water, leaving his stuff on the Lapras.
Sky swan with Max, as Cameron flew over his head and Dusty sat on the Lapras. "This is great!" He shouted as he swam.

(OOC: Just want to point out, Annabeth is currently on her own, and isn't with the group @I Never )

Once back Hau'oli City, Annabeth stopped by the Tourist Bureau to see what they had to offer. She noticed quite a few pamphlets advertising the different islands and places of interest. What caught her eye was the loto corner. Annabeth walked over to the receptionist and asked how it worked. It was quite simple: she had to pick 5 numbers and if any of them matched the 5 daily numbers, she would win a certain pirze. It sounded simple enough. Annabeth grabbed one of the loto papers and chose five numbers before handing it to the receptionist. She took the completed form and ran it through a machine that read the numbers. Unfortunately, Annabeth didn't win anything. She thanked the receptionist and headed back into the city.

Annabeth did spend a few moments in the mall but didn't find anything interesting. She decided to visit the beach and spend some time with her Pokemon. Upon reaching the beach, she found a spot, that luckily had an empty beach chair, and let out her three Pokemon to enjoy the beach.

Robert felt a tug on his line and pulled it all his might. A Popplio came out of the water, holding on to his line and landed on the Lapras. "Wow, a Popplio on the first try!" he shouted. Raichu cried in excitement also, "Raichu!" The Popplio was looking at Raichu carefully, as if it never seen one like it, "Bwark?" "Rai?" With Popplio focusing on Raichu, Robert thought that there was no need to battle it. He brought out a Pokeball, tapped Popplio with it, and the water type was transported inside.
Click..!
"All right I caught a Popplio!" Robert said with excitement. "Raichu rai!" Raichu cried out happily.

Kaysi watched as everyone rode on Lapras' and went to the beach. Kaysi didn't even have any Poke-balls yet, and, besides, she wasn't looking for a Water type for her team right now. Professor Kukui noticed that Kaysi didn't go with the others and walked up to her. "Hey, why don't you go with the others?" Kukui asked. Kaysi was shocked from the sudden question, "Oh, um, I don't have any Poke-balls." Kaysi responded. "Well then, here you go!" Kukui said as he handed her Poke-balls. "Thank you!" Kaysi exclaimed as she was handed the Poke-balls. Kaysi then ran off to the beach.
"Hey, guys! Are you done yet!?" Kaysi exclaimed from the other side of the beach.

After a while if fishing, Ava felt a tug on her rod. It was an Alomamola. She gave it some Pokemon food and then it swam away.

Ava got off the Lapras and went to shore. She then got out all of her Pokemon.

"Let's create a new routine!" Ava said.

"Eee! Eevee!"
"Bulb! Bulba!"
"Bwark!!"

Last edited: