• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Alola in the Sun!

Saul felt quite out of place outside, where so much conflict had occurred - his pulse was quickening, and he felt a cold, bottomless terror manifest in the pit of his stomach. He felt unable to move. Coward. "I'm - gonna go back inside." He rushed back into the Cafe, quickly got a small cup of water, sat down until the shaking stopped and he was able to calm. The sight of seeing those things attack each other was horrible, forcing wild animals to clash and feel what must be unnameable pain for no reason other than the advancement of self goals. . . and what if these animals decided to stop obeying? To turn on their master? "Shut up, shut up." He said to himself, resolving to do something.

The boy stood. What did Loki want to do... he thought, contemplating his options. At that point, be realized that Sandra was still in the cafe. Saul figured that if he could convince her to join them, then his sudden departure may not look so suspicious. He paced over to the booth that the girl was sitting in, felt stupid, opened his mouth to speak - couldn't find the words, momentarily thought again, finally said something: "So, you're uh, quite the writer?"

Sandra was fascinated (and a little scared) by the events that have occurred just now in front of her very own eyes. She couldn't be more excited for the future, but the moment was ruined when Saul came up to her. She shifted her gaze to him, which made her feel very uncomfortable. She didn't know why he would care about what she was doing, since something WAY more exciting happened to him a few moments ago. She realized that she could not walk past him again so she decided to answer, but couldn't help speaking in a rather timid voice. "Well, um, yes, I guess. Um, well, um--" She stopped at the sudden sound of barking. She turned back to her table, where Ward was barking at her, trying to get her to stop saying 'Um'. Sandra understood what he wanted and turned back to Saul. "Well, it's always been a passion of mine. Plus, my parents specifically asked me to write about Alola. But I don't really see why would I catch your eye. It's nothing much, really." Ward sighed with grief. That was the best Sandra could do, since she didn't know this guy who kept crossing paths with her.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki tip-toed away from Guzma, intimidated, and sat down at his seat. He heard Saul trying to talk to Sandra about joining our "travelling group". "Wait!", Loki remembered. He ran outside in pursuit of Serengeti. He ran as fast as he could, though the pavement was starting to hurt when it made contact with his feet. He slowed down, out of breath. He couldn't see the Pokemon anywhere.

"I think Team Skull stole my Dodrio...", Loki admitted when he walked back in the cafe. He could tell Saul's conversation wasn't getting anywhere in his conversation. Loki walked over by Saul. He sighed at his effort. "Well, I'm Loki, and this is Saul", he tried to get a conversation going. Meanwhile, his Alolan Sandslash hopped on his right shoulder. "Oh yeah... here's Permafrost...", Loki introduced, with a slight hint of agitation in his tone.

Saul, rather alarmed by Sandra's bluntness, exhaled, a deep rose infecting his cheeks. He was visibly embarrassed by his stunning display of sudden social ineptitude, and he woefully tried to recover from his verbal stagger: "Well, yeah I guess it isn't interest - well, I mean you're doing it, so, I don't mean to - it's not like, uh, ahem. What I think I'm trying - " Loki then thankfully swept the conversation from Saul's hands, and he shot Loki a thankful look that said - sorry, but thanks anyways.

Sandra realized that she made Saul feel a little embarrassed, so she felt extremely guilty. She was about to say sorry when this Loki person appeared. She was quite overwhelmed by these mysterious boys, who just came and introduced themselves to her. Well, Loki introduced him and Saul, but still, it was pretty odd that they just came to her. So, what she wrote in her journal was right: people here are way too friendly. She was lost in her own thoughts for about two minutes, so Ward barked at her. "Oh, r-right. So, did you two come to me for a reason, or did you just want to say hi?" And at that moment, Sandra realized that she was making too many social interactions already, which freaked her out, but she managed to hide it.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
"No", Loki responded," Saul, here just wanted to ask if you'd like to travel Alola with us" The Alolan Sandslash sniffed around the air, uncertain about something. Outside, the brightness of the sun reflected off the table, making it hard for Loki to see.

Sandra's eyes widened at Loki's response, she was quite surprised that they would offer her something like that. She tried to speak normally, but her words just ended up sounding like she was shaking. "O-Oh. I-I don't know. I mean, why would you offer me to come with you? Is there a reason behind your pick." She was honestly going to turn down their offer, not wanting to hang out with strangers, that could potentially be teenage serial killers, but then she remembered her journal. Traveling around the island with someone would be the perfect opportunity for her to write every single detail about it. But, she would not reveal her answer until they say why they picked her.

Ethan quietly floated towards the outer tables of the internal area of the Café after the Mudkip took a quick glimpse at the Elgyem. The Cerebral Pokémon glanced over at the girl wearing a rose gold sweater for a brief moment.

"Hey umm... you over there, the one with the blonde hair and the two tail things on it. Do you know anything about a fight going on or something? I got a call that said there was something like that going on around here lately," Ethan inquired the girl with a thoughtful telepathic message after the Elgyem took a close look at her dark blue jeans. The little Pokémon floated towards the right edge of the table to avoid several solar rays that attempted to violently collide with his delicate eyes.

As Sandra waited for the boys' response, a new voice rang through her head. She looked around, clearly startled by the unfamiliar voice. She spotted a Elgyem at the right edge of the table, and jumped away from it. "Ah! Rogue Elgyem!" She cried with wide eyes. She soon realized that her reaction was a little overdramatic and conposed herself. "A f-fight? Yes, some trainers battled some Team Skull thugs." She said with a shaky voice. She looked back at the boys with a patient expression, while Ward waved at the Elgyem.

"Alright, just take a breather for a second. I'm not an enemy or anything. I'm with the police... or at least that's what they told me after we had a talk and stuff," Ethan firmly stated in his hasty telepathic response to the girl. The little Pokémon waved his left hand in the best and friendliest manner he could to signal some simple body language at her.

"Okay, so it is Team Skull... ouch. Are you and everyone else here alright?" The Elgyem added in his swift message of thoughts directed at the girl. The Cerebral Pokémon slowly waved back at the Shinx after he adjusted his gray beanie for a brief moment.

Sandra heard that voice again. She gulped with a worried expression and began thinking. "This is completely normal. A Elgyem working with the police. Yup, nothing suspicious or worrying here. Um, well, Mr. Elgyem. I suppose nobody got hurt... There were just some grunts and Guzma, apparently. But, they aren't the best at what they are doing, so no real threats." She swallowed again, not taking her eyes off the two boys.

Dell a boy of 14 and a self proclaimed trouble magnet sighed when he saw land, he loves traveling with Brynhildr but long trips like this one always make him twitchy. Just yesterday he almost stabbed a wingull when it startled him. He was just glad he had his music and Ion his pichu to keep him sane . I wish Hadar could have..............No stop thinking about it, it has been months. Sigh, As he drew close to the island he preformed on final check of his gear.

Ok let's see Pokemon yep balls yep clothes yep money loaded trainer paraphernalia uh yep knives lets see 1..3....7....12....20...32. 32? Oh I lost that one when I almost stabbed that poor bird. Yep that's all of them gun yep safed and unloaded. With his check done his hand returned to his bracer stroking The dragon hide. Ok Brynhildr I'm going to attach the recaller now before we hit land.

With that Dell took out a rectangular device and placed it on Brynhildr's dorsal fin like a oversized piecing. With that done he pulled Brynhildr's pokeball out. A oversized and rugged thing made to function with the recaller. You know I'm so glad I stole this thing from those aqua idiots.

With land so near Dell decided to get some clothes on pulling out a Speedo a pair of cargo pants and a belly tank top that showed some abs an old pair of flip flops he got ready to interact with people. With that done he spoke out to Brynhildr. Ok girl take us in and why don't you announce are arrival with flair. With that a bellowing roar and a hyperbeam blasted into the air moments later a huge gyarados skidded into the beach a short ways from the town/village bellowing a challenge with maniacally cackling heard over it from the mad man or boy on its head.

Last edited: