• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Alola, Alola!

Now that Sun and Moon are officially out and available for Roleplaying I want to do an adventure/region travel RP with a few of my OCs coming to Alola for the first time, and I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me. Let me know!

A good 'ol Fossil-Lovin professor OC of mine was planned to go to Alola anyway... Why not? Do I need a form or anything, or what?

Last edited:
Hi there, i'd love to join in this roleplay! My OC was orignally from Alola but couldn't complete the Alolan Island Challenges and travelled to other regions. I'd be more than happy to paste a bit about my character here. :)

She's not a Professor but she's aspiring to be one in regards to the research of Alternately Coloured Pokemon - a.k.a shiny pokemon.

I would love to join this one, My OC trainer is a native of Sinnoh who aspires to become a Poke Professor.

Name: Jason Cedar
Ocupation: Pokemon Researcher, Aspiring Professor
Hometown: Canalave City, Sinnoh Region
Partner Pokemon: Empoleon
Backstory: Jason was a Pokemon Research assistant to Professor Rowan of Sinnoh, He grew up in Canalave with a love for Pokemon Research spending many hours in the library there. He was especially interested in the Legendary Pokemon of the region, powerful Pokemon capable of crossing dimensions and Space-time. After researching Pokemon evolution with Rowan he decided to become a strong trainer and take on the Gyms of Sinnoh with his partner Piplup, and Hopefully find out more about these Pokemon, one Pokemon in particular stood out to him on his journey and that's his Bronzong, A Pokemon capable of summoning rain from another world. Just before Jason was going to challenge the elite four of Sinnoh he got a call from Rowan saying he found a book written by a Professor Mohn of Alola who was researching the same thing. Jason immediately canceled his Pokemon Journey in Sinnoh to follow the Trail of these "Ultra Wormholes" and booked a trip to Alola

Pokemon: Empoleon, Bronzong, Alakazam, and Magnezone
426217_trainercard-Jason_Cedar.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's from Unova and is actually a professor.

Name: Xavier Cross (I've had a history of using this name, don't judge :) )
Job: ROfessor, Fossil Rehabilitaor
Hometown: Nacrene City
Hair: Dyed a bright silver
Eyes: Deep Brown
Clothing: Wears an unbuttoned lab coat over a black T-shirt at all times, along with long pants enforced to not get cut on the job. Along with combat boots and light gloves, he can handle most wild Pokemon.
Accessories: He has polarized glasses and a wide bracelet around his right hand with a screen that functions as a Pokedex and a X-Transceiver. It's got a port for a Rotom in the side, modeled after technology from Alola.
Identifying Marks: His right hand is burnt from an accident when he was working in the lab.
Personality: Xavier has a tendency to get absorbed in his work. Pokemon are one of the few things that completely fascinate him, and being a professor he has a good reason to be. He sometimes acts before thinking, but that's a rarity.
Skills: Intelligence is his middle name. JK, it's John. He can list off facts about any prehistoric Pokemon no problem. He's very good at operating machines.

Past: When he was younger, unlike many of his friends who left school after they became teenagers to travel Unova, he stayed in school to research Pokemon. He became an expert on Pokemon Fossils and Technology; before he even turned 23; he already had sponsoring from the Offical Pokemon League to make a lab and start research on the not very-well-known Pokemon fossils.

When he turned 25, his lab was finished and done. However, the work was not; He also soon made a safe haven for revived fossils. He ran a service in his early years to revive trainer's fossils; In return, he would raise them for a bit, let them live like they would before they died and maybe breed, and then send back to the trainers a younger offspring of the revived fossils. This was met with great approval, as it let him research and rehabilitate fossils and trainers get great battling tools and friends. Some of the babies were even given as parters to elderly or beginning trainers.

By 29, he had a massive process in which he was trying to reintroduce revived fossils back into the wild. He eventually took a long break from his research to travel across the regions and possibly find more prehistoric Pokemon.
He's caught several and spoke with many other scientists.

Family: Isacc Cross (Father) Annebell Cross (Mother, Orginally Annebell Sakete)
Love Relationships?: None

Pokémon: Species, Nickname, Gender, Ability, Hidden Power, Special Features, History/Personality, etc.

Species: Metagross
Ability: Clear Body
Features: Shiny
History: A gift from his mother, his first Pokemon. To be honest, his mother got them from a breeder friend.

Species: Rotom
Ability: Levitate
Features: None
History: Found possessing the revival machine, they now help run the lab. Mainly hangs out in Xavier's braclet, which is designed off the Rotom Pokedex.

Species: Tyrantrum
Ability: Rock Head
Features:None
History: One of the first fossils revived when the project began. Mother figure to other fossils.

Species: Cradily
Ability: Storm Drain
Features: None
History: A newer specimen, it evolved to impress Xavier so he could take it on his journey. He was planning to anyway, as he seemed very good in battle when studied.

Last edited:
Yes. An Alola RP. This is my first time doing a female character, so bear with me.
Name: Cassandra Edran
Job: Alola Guide
Hometown: Hau'oli City
Hair: Long Light Brown hair put in a ponytail.
Eyes: Light Blue
Clothing: A blue t-shirt with a Pokeball logo on it, jeans, a hat like Lyra wears in Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and sneakers.
Accessories: A red messenger bag ever draped over her shoulder and an old locket necklace with her and her partner, Jangmo-o.
Personality: Friendly to everyone she meets, and confident of her skill in battling. She is adventurous, observant, but easily distracted and hyper.
Skills: She has amazing eyesight, her friends say that she could spot a Pallosand hiding in the sand from a mile away, but that's a bit of a long shot, and she can identify Pokemon by their footprints.
Past: She grew up on Hau'oli City's beachfront with her single mother, and Pokemon, Jangmo-o. She would adventure outside the city with her Jangmo-o, and sometimes even miss school because of her adventures. Her adventures would eventually pay off, when Professor Kukui noticed her after she saved his life from a Pallosand when he was on the Beachfront. She was his first assistant and student, and she gained a Popplio as a reward for her service. She completed the Island Challenges, but did not challenge the Elite Four and Champion, since they were not around at that point. She now is a guide for new trainers coming to Alola.

Pokemon:

Species: Kommo-o
Nickname: Scales
Ability: Overcoat
Moves:
Changing Scales
Sky Uppercut
Iron Defense
Noble Roar

Species: Primarina
Nickname: None
Ability: Torrent
Moves:
Sing
Aqua Jet
Hyper Voice
Moonblast

Species: Oricorio- Sensu Form
Ability: Dancer
Moves:
Air Slash
Feather Dance
Calm Mind
Revelation Dance

Species: Mudsdale
Ability: Stamina
Moves:
Earthquake
Double Kick
Stomp
Rock Slide

Name: Orchid Everglade
Hometown: Malie City
Hair: Half blonde, half hot pink
Eyes: Gold contacts
Attire: Punk attire, but her hat has a black skull and crossbones on it, and she wears skull and cross bones necklace, sometime mistaken for another Team Skull grunt by other grunts.
Accessories: She has a long belt that hangs lower on her left hip, this is where she places her Pokeballs, and large pouch rests on her right hip. She wears a Z-ring that belonged to her father, but doesn't have the heart or Z crystals to use it yet.
Special Marks: She happens to have a series of tattoos across her back, they in fact are each Eeveelution, minus Eevee itself. Each evolution marks a member of her family.
Personality: Orchid is not some run of the mill, air headed blonde who loves pink or and demo kid who wears punk clothing. She isn't a mix of the two either. She doesn't wear heavy makeup, but she is certainly the older sister figure. Need hair done? She's your gal, need makeup or a prom dress, Orchid has you covered. Orchid herself is a hard working individual, multitasking is her middle name, and she doesn't take BS from anyone. She has endless patience and an overprotective personality. However, she rarely smiles and doesn't seem to have a sense of humor. Sure her remarks can be sassy, but she never does it for fun.
Skills: Multitasking, exceptionally good with kids, don't mention her being a math nerd even if she's really good at math, and an overall skilled trainer. She has a pretty good knowledge of Pokemon, not having a Pokedex herself, and knows how to use types and strategies to her favor. She also is really good at handling Pokemon, in fact one member of her team was wild for many years until she was able to buy Pokeballs.
History: She lived with her mother and father before moving out of Kalos and into Alola. She loved taking care of her younger sister, and the only reason the flight to Alola was as smooth as it was was due to her spending time with the infant. Once in Alola, and after a few years, her mother had quadruplets. All boys might I add. Unfortunately, money soon became a problem. Her mother and father, both scientists, had to find new jobs. Her father took a well paying job back in Kalos, luckily finding the time to come for holidays and birthdays. Her mother, even though earns decent pay for the house, unfortunately has to semi permanently live on another island. Despite this, the family continued as normal, did lots of things as siblings, but Orchid herself took up a job to help out. Then her younger sister, who is around 17, and was a punk girl as well, decided to join Team Skull. She claims its to help out as well, and Orchid believes her, even though she knows what the Team does for a paycheck. Often she is pushed away because she can be mistaken for team skull, after an explosion the misunderstanding is usually cleared up. That being said, she does work in a clothing store, and also the hair salon.

Pokemon:

Species: Salazzle
Nickname: Dazzle
Ability: Corrosion
Moveset:
Toxic
Venoshock
Flamethrower
Nasty Plot

Species: Sylveon
Nickname: Strawberry
Ability: Pixelate