• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Alola Academy of Pokémon Training (Sign Ups/Discussions)

Alola Academy of Pokémon Training
Welcome Trainers to your first day of classes. I am Professor Palm, the president of the Alola Academy of Pokémon Training. Here you will learn what it means to be a true Pokémon Trainer, traveling across the beautiful islands that Alola has to offer, opening your heart to new challenges and seeking the true beauty in the partners that you will learn to make friends with. Please make your stay a happy and good one... Let us begin the school year with a big ALOLA!

The Rules of the Role Play

1. Please make characters 18+ as this is basically a school for college level courses in Pokémon battling, Pokémon care and more.
2. At least be able to write 2+ paragraphs with decent grammar and spelling. Of course none of us are perfect - but let us strive to make a good story.
3. Plot Twists are always good! Help contribute to the plot.
4. No one should own a legendary Pokémon
5. For this role play - you can have a maximum of four moves.
6. Have you read this far down? In your character bio somewhere please type in "Tapu Koko" so I know you read the rules.
7. You can have a maximum of 2 characters; one trainer and one professor (also trainers should start with basic Pokémon - that is to say also shouldn't already have six Pokémon, but for professors it is okay to have already evolved forms of Pokémon)
8. If you don't like something - say something. No one can read minds so please don't be afraid to say something.
9. Romance is allowed - but please keep it in bounds with PokeCharms rules and conditions.
10. Pokecharms rules obviously apply.

What is AAPT?

Basically a college for Pokémon trainers. There is classes ranging in different types, and even classes in Ivs, Evs, etc etc.. It has its own set of trials (outside of the official ones), and even a league to try and defeat*.
There is an assortment of clubs and outside activities for trainers to participate in. Find a place where you fit!

*We most likely will use showdown to determine the outcome of the trials - I was thinking professors could duel as kahunas and such - obviously these details will have to be worked out when we come across it.

Do You want to Apply for A Professoral Job at AAPT?

Tell me a little about yourself with the application in the spoiler link.

Name:
Subject:
Appearance:
Personality:
Background Information: (Optional)
Pokémon:
Love Interest:
Family:
Other:

Register to be a Student

The application is below - please tell us about you.

Name:
Major: (Battling, Breeding, Showcasing, Engineering etc etc etc)
Year: (Freshman, Sophmore, Junior, Senior)
Appearance:
Personality:
Background Information: (Optional)
Pokémon:
Love Interest:
Family:
Other:

My Bios:

Name: Lukas Palm
Subject: Intro to Dragon Types, and Advanced Studies of Trainer and Pokémon Bonds
Appearance: With length blue hair and bright grey eyes, Lukas stands at a height of about 6'2. He normally wears white slacks and a white button up shirt with light blue hibiscus flowers on it. He has a small scar on his bottom lip and a upper lip piercing on the left side.
Personality: He is extremely outgoing and fairly bubbly when it comes to other people. He absolutely loves his job as a professor, taking his leadership seriously.
Background Information: Lukas moved from Kalos when he was offered a job at the academy. He found himself profoundly interested in Dragon types and how the bond to Pokémon was so strong in Alola. He married his wife Lily, but sadly she passed during child birth. He lives on a Pokémon refuge that he owns, living with his daughter Angel and his son Sam.
Pokémon: Goodra, Garchomp, Dragonair, Tyrantum, Axew, Horsea
Love Interest: None at the Moment - Open
Family: Angel, Sam
Other: Tapu Koko!

Name: Sam Palm
Major: Pokémon Battle Research
Year: Freshman
Appearance: He looks a lot like his mom with white hair and baby blue eyes. He has a more feminine side to him where curves should not be. He wears black on a normal basis and he is also fairly short standing at 5'1.
Personality: He is shy and quite reserved. He comes off as cold and standoffish. However he is a big sensitive soul and really does try his best. He want to follow in his father's footsteps and become a professor one day, and is very passionate about his dreams.
Background Information: To be Developed
Pokémon: Litten, Fletchling
Love Interest: None - Open (Male partners only)
Family: Lukas, Angel
Other: Tapu Koko!

Well! That's all I got for now! I can't wait to begin Role playing with you all!​

Last edited:
Name: Alexis "Alex" Sykes
Major: Battling
Appearance: Alex has medium length blonde hair she keeps in a ponytail that sticks out the back of her cap. Her eyes are a light hazel, and her skin is lightly tanned. She wears a black and white ball cap, white t-shirt with a blue Poké Ball logo on the front, baggy beige cargo shorts, and navy blue sneakers
Personality: Alex is tad over energetic. She's very talkative and is eager to make new friends. However, she does have her moments of depression where she becomes silent and not willing to do much.
Background Information: (I hate writings these. I'll do one later)
Pokémon: Mimikyu, Eevee
Love Interest: None (atm)
Family: Johnathon Sykes (Father), Amanda Sykes (Mother)
Other: Tapu Koko

I decided to use my characters I have from another roleplay :)
Here is a professor and a student

Micheal's Bio
Name: Micheal Cherry

Major:
Battling!

Appearance:
Micheal looks quite similar to his father, being a tall 6'0. But what makes him mad is that his older sister, Gwyn is taller than him. Despite his sisters being a bit lanky and skinny, Micheal is a average weight for someone his size. His skin color is similar to his sisters, being a tannish cream color. His medium length, shaggy hair is light brown with a few streaks of light blonde in it. This is known as "Dirty Blonde"

Clothing:
Micheal doesn't like to dress fancy, rather he like to be comfortable. Micheal typically wears a simple, plain black short-sleeved polo shirt. Underneath that he typically wears dark, loose, worn, blue jeans with a few tears from over use.

Personality:

While his sisters are more outgoing and friendly, Micheal is quite shy. His timid nature is the result of the death of his parents. But if you talk to him enough and he warms up to you, he becomes extremely friendly, like his sisters. Micheal is a idealist and tries to find the best in everyone, even the worse people. The more you get to know Micheal, the more you see his humor side. Micheal adores puns, good and bad, especially fire and ice puns. All you need to do is ask his sisters, and they will groan. Micheal usually tells the worse puns ever such as "It's quite Ice to meet you" and/or "Man, that battle was Heated". A similarity between his sister and him, they are both very passionate about what they do and will try to accomplish it, no matter what.

Background Information:

Micheal and his family grew up in the Johto region. While his sister was a assistant to Professor Elm, Micheal was more interested in music than being a professor. His mother was the one to inspire him to sing and play instruments.Micheal was quite outgoing as a child, but he wouldn't be for long. His entire childhood, he spent practicing music and singing to the wild Pokemon who his father and sister would bring home to study or take care of. Occasionally, Micheal would help out his mother by singing and playing his guitar for the sick animals at the Pokemon Center, where his mother worked as a volunteer.

His whole world came crashing down when his parents died on a cruise ship vacation.The death of his parents caused him to become a nervous wreak when he is all by himself without his family, in fear that he would never see them again. He also became a lot more shy but more friendly and more passionate about Pokemon like his sisters. When his sister got a job application to go to Alola, he was super excited. This could be his chance to learn more about Pokemon and share his music with others.

Pokémon:

Flora the Female Chikorita
Loki the Male Sneasel

Love Interest: At the moment, Micheal has none

Family:

Professor Gwyn Cherry(Older Sister), Caroline "Cal Cherry (Younger Sister), Eric and Marina Cherry (Parents, Deceased)

Other:
Tapu Koko!

Professor Cherry Bio:
Name: Genevive "Gwyn" Cherry

Subject:
Introduction to Water Types (With her assistant River, her Feraligatr) and The Study of the Alolan Pokedex.

Appearance:

Unlike her sister, Gwyn is actually quite tall for a lady, being around 6'3. Her huge height come from her massive father. She is also relatively skinny, and she refuses to tell her weight. Her skin is a pale white color, and tans well when in the sun a lot. But sadly, she spends most of her time cooped up doing research, since she isn't the biggest fan of nature. Her hair is light brown like Cas's and is worn in a messy bun. Her eyes are a bright, hazel mix of green and blue with hints of brown. She does have some freckles under her eyes and around her nose.

Clothing:
Gwyn is not the most fashionable person so her clothes are no where near fancy. It consists of a pure white lab coat, since she is a professor. Underneath she wears a simple grey sweater top that is sleeveless. Underneath that is she doesn't accidentally leave her pajama pants on is simple black, dress pants. And her shoes are simple, black flats. She typically doesn't wear any accessories but occasionally has a pair of safely googles around her neck...

Personality:
Most, if not all of the Pokemon professors have been professional, well kept, and hardworking. Gwyn is quite different. It might be because she started being a Pokemon Professor when she was 15. Gwyn is extremely friendly, and enjoys talking to people. You wouldn't think that coming from someone who could live in their lab. Her energy is hard to control and it's hard for her to sit still and do one thing for very long. Gwyn is also very quirky and doesn't seem professional, but she at least tries to be someone what professional. Another key thing about Gwyn is that she is quite messy. Her lab is filled with papers various Pokemon, and probably some half-eaten fast food from three weeks earlier. She tries her hardest to stay organized, but she ends up failing. The last thing about Gwyn is that she is extremely passionate about her job and helping others. She will quit whatever she is doing to help someone on the spot.

Background Information:
Gwyn is the daughter of two, loving parents, a professor assistant, and a nurse assistant. Gwyn was very close to her father, who were similar in both looks and personality. They both trained under Professor Elm to become a Pokemon Professor. Gwyn had always been fascinated about Pokemon since when she was little. She mostly spent her child exploring the Johto Region, and studying the Pokemon in it. She even became a Pokemon Trainer, though she wasn't very good at it, to help her study Pokemon even more.

Her life changed when her parents died on their anniversary cruise vacation. With no one left to raise her siblings, Gwyn took it upon her self to raise them. So the rest of her teenaged years was her raising a 4 year old and a 10 year old when she was only 14. This lead her to becoming slightly lazy and a bit of a nervous wreak.

When Gwyn got the job offer to teach at the Alola Academy, She was super excited. She could finally explore and new region and have her siblings with her. She moved from the one place she knew so well to a whole new region.

(Sorry if it's bad, I am typing this quickly because there is a storm about to happen and I am outside...)

Pokémon:
River the Male Feraligatr (Water)
Molly the Female Houndoom (Dark/Fire)
Apollo the Male Ampharos (Electric)
Helia the Female Espeon (Psychic)
Buzz the Male Scizor (Bug/Steel)
Regal the Female Ivysaur (Grass/Poison)

Love Interest: None, Currently

Family:

Micheal Cherry (Younger Brother),Caroline "Cal Cherry (Sister), Eric and Marina Cherry (Parents, Deceased)

Other:Tapu Koko!

This seems interesting, I've never done any Gen 7 roleplay before.

Name: Hikona Diamond

Major: Proformance

Appearance: Black shirt and blue skirt, knee-length socks and red sneakers, having a waist-length azure hair with a floral hair clip

Personality: Hikona has a head-strong personality and a strong spirit.

Background Information: Hikona originated from Sinnoh. She looks up to her father as a Pokèmon proformer that she dedicated most of her time practicing moves and trick, taking pride on her Pokèmon especially her partner Chimchar.

Pokémon: Chimchar

Love Interest: None

Family: Desmond Diamond(Father), Saffron Diamond(Mother), Mike Diamond(Younger brother)

Other: Tapu Cocoa, JK, it's Tapu Koko

I’d just like to preface my sign-up by apologizing for any grammar mistakes as I am typing this from my phone while in class. Is it alright if I make my character similar to my character from another roleplay?

Name: Tyler Hale
Major: Engineering

Appearance: Extremely tall and broad, Tyler stands at about 6 feet 4 inches. Atop his head he has short, slightly spiky brown hair along with brown eyes. He is considerably fit due to many years of playing sports, but also has a slight gimp due to a knee injury. He also enjoys dressing nicely, often wearing button-down shirts along with either chinos and khakis. Along with this he often wears either a pair of white or red sneakers. Although he dresses nicely, his backpack is a very beaten and dirty black bag.

Personality: Tyler is a rather amiable person. He is always willing to start a conversation and make a new friend. However, he is also extremely naive and it often gets him into arguments and other bad situations. He can also be rather conceited, although he doesn't notice it himself. He can mostly be found taking naps in the middle of the day or eating, as those are his two favorite things to do. Although his sleeping habits may portray laziness, when given the proper motivation, he can be an extremely hard worker. He is also, relatively intelligent, which helps him take a logical approach to situations.

Background Information: Tyler's childhood was anything but exhilarating. Living in a suburb outside of Jubilife City, his parents never allowed to him to own a Pokemon, so he studied them in school instead. Because of this, he quickly gained a vast knowledge of Pokemon and became correspondingly intelligent. He rapidly developed an interest in the creatures and was able to befriend a Munchlax that lived in a nearby grove. The two quickly developed a strong bond. After school each day, Tyler would travel to the nearby woods to see his friend, claiming to his parents that he had "extra-curricular activities. Tyler continued to study hard in school and was able to be accepted into a university in the Alola region. Before leaving, he was easily able to capture his pal, the Munchlax, as well as a Togepi, and set out for school.

Pokémon: Munchlax, Togepi
Love Interest: None as of yet!
Family: Tyler lived alone with his mother and father during his childhood.
Other: Tapu Koko

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
;-; I suck so much I'm so poor in RPing. I would love to join this, but I'm just not experienced enough.

I would like to perhaps ask if I could use my fan made Pokémon for the RP since I feel like one of them particularly could use some more lighting after the months. (As usual, I only do pristine details and such with no art since visuals aren't exactly my strong point. Please note that I won't be likely replying for most of the day because of an urgent exam and a doc's appointment.)