• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

All Three Forms Of Kyurem Shown In New 15th Movie Trailer

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
poster3.jpg

While the weekend may have been busy with the awesome announcement of two, yes two, new Pokémon games, Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2, they weren't the only interesting story to come out of Saturday. A few people may remember that a new poster for the upcoming 15th Pokémon movie, Pokémon - Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordsman Keldeo, started floating around the internet an hour or so before Japanese show Pokémon Smash aired. The poster clearly showed the two new forms of Kyurem on it (as well as it officially announcing Meloetta), and fans quickly started to wonder if these new forms would be included in the movie. Well, now we have good news!

Read More

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Re: All Three Forms Of Kyurem Shown In New 15th Movie Traile

I don't usually get excited about the movie stuffs... but that trailer was rather cool. I like Kyurem, and he looked bad ass there. Awesomes. Keldeo too. Might have to watch this movie :3

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Magpie said:
I don't usually get excited about the movie stuffs... but that trailer was rather cool. I like Kyurem, and he looked bad ass there. Awesomes. Keldeo too. Might have to watch this movie :3

Wasn't enough Keldeo, I am heartbroken. </3 I agree the Kyurem forms look awesome though, quite excited for this movie now! ~:D~ Also, I notice Iris looks quite dead/hurt at one point, at least that shows she must do something this movie. xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Meloetta's reveal is easily the most pathetic hidden legendary reveal yet. Even if I'm not fond of its design, I almost feel sorry for the thing... :p

Meloetta aside.... Overall I'm really liking the feel of that trailer. As long as the Fighting-type trio + Keldeo get to be awesome, I'll be satisfied with the movie regardless of which plot they choose to rehash.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Demelza said:
Also, I notice Iris looks quite dead/hurt at one point, at least that shows she must do something this movie. xD

:o

I didn't even notice Iris on the floor there! I hope Axew is okay ♥

And even though you barely see Keldeo, the little big of him you do see makes him look rather epic and mighty!

There seems to be a lot going on in that poster. So we get the three Musketeers, Keldeo, all three Kyurem formes, AND Meloetta? From the looks of the poster, Meloetta is going to be the one getting the least amount of focus (although it was my favorite part of that trailer). I definitely want to see the movie, although I definitely can't say I'm all that excited about it...

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Magpie said:
Demelza said:
Also, I notice Iris looks quite dead/hurt at one point, at least that shows she must do something this movie. xD

:o

I didn't even notice Iris on the floor there! I hope Axew is okay ♥

And even though you barely see Keldeo, the little big of him you do see makes him look rather epic and mighty!

I love how you're more worried about Axew then Iris. xD

Akira Rose said:
There seems to be a lot going on in that poster. So we get the three Musketeers, Keldeo, all three Kyurem formes, AND Meloetta? From the looks of the poster, Meloetta is going to be the one getting the least amount of focus (although it was my favorite part of that trailer). I definitely want to see the movie, although I definitely can't say I'm all that excited about it...

Poor Meloetta is getting thrown into the short movie thing before the main movie. I feel pretty sorry for it honestly.

Honestly at least its getting a Pokemon short to itself. It could've been far worse *CoughHeatranCough* At least Regigigas got an anime special after appearing out of nowhere in the Giratina movie.

Edit: Oh wait, Heatran appeared in the anime too...yeah I got lazy with watching toward the end of Diamond and Pearl xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Akira Rose said:
Edit: Oh wait, Heatran appeared in the anime too...yeah I got lazy with watching toward the end of Diamond and Pearl xD

Also keep in mind that Heatran wasn't one of the hidden legendaries (and Ho-oh/Cresselia have never had proper movie roles either). If we go down the list of the unobtainable legendaries all of them up until now have been given centric roles in the movies:

Mew - Movie 1
Celebi - Movie 4
Jirachi and Deoxys - Movies 6 and 7 respectively
Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus - Movies 9, 10, 11, and 12 respectively
Victini and Keldeo - Movies 14 and 15

Meloetta on the other hand gets something akin to a Pikachu short... Shafted much? :p

Alex commented in the chat that it almost seems as if Gen 5 was originally meant to run longer, but now - thanks to the 3DS's release - they may be rushing to wrap it up. Meloetta's quick and largely overshadowed announcement hints towards this as well. You can bet that Genesect will star in movie 16, and I wouldn't be surprised if it included a brand new Pokemon as co-star.

The gen will still be at least 3 years, so that's not too short. In fact isn't that the same length the second gen was? Johto came out in 2000 and then R/S in 2002.

I think the only 4-year gens were R/S and DP.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

It's not so much that the Gen will seem too short (three years is a decent length, especially when we're all dying to play proper 3DS Pokemon games), but it wouldn't surprise me if it was originally meant to be longer.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

Linkachu said:
It's not so much that the Gen will seem too short (three years is a decent length, especially when we're all dying to play proper 3DS Pokemon games), but it wouldn't surprise me if it was originally meant to be longer.

This. Meloetta's reveal right now really does seem to indicate that Game Freak have knocked at least a year off the Generation's expected length. It's feasible that we could have Gen VI as early as next Autumn.

There's no question at all that Nintendo will be leaning on Game Freak to produce a system-selling main series Pokemon title for the 3DS - especially since the 3DS hasn't had the greatest time of it since launch. They may have dumped the 3DS on their laps far too late into B/W's development to do anything about it then, but they'll have had about 3 years by next year to put something together for the system. Doesn't really make sense for them to still be putting out DS games by the end of next year, does it? These games being DS are mad enough of an idea, really.