• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open All regions pokemon rp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monferno landed a clean hit knocking Chompy backwards, but he was able to make it back to his feet. Dan was puzzled, Chompy was nowhere fast enough to keep up with Monferno making every attack worthless. Then an idea popped in his head.

"Chompy sandstorm!" Chompy began to cause the generate a blinding coat of sand the covered the battlefield which aimed to limit Monferno & Matthew's vision.

"Dragon Claw!" Dan yelled as Chompy began to move in an random pattern in the sand, looking to hit the blind Monferno with a surprise attack.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
All of a sudden Gible whipped up a massive sandstorm causing Matthew to loose sight of Gible and even Monferno. "Hey buddy just trust me! I can't see you and you can't see me but we're going to make it through this!" he shouted. Monferno was then slashed across it's body with the powerful Dragon Claw. The monkey was on the floor struggling to get up and look for Gible again. The monkey was so focused trying to find Gible that he was tunnel-visioning; completely blocking out Matthew's voice. This feeling that Monferno got was induced by fear of Gible in the Sandstorm which was so mysterious that it freaked him out.

"Monferno!...Monferno!...Monferno!" Matthew yelled through the sandstorm trying to get a response. All of a sudden Matthew saw a fire inside of the sandstorm. "What's going on in there?" he asked himself. "Monferno!?" Matthew called out. A violent shout could be heard from the heart of the storm as Monferno's power began to spike. "It's Blaze..." Matthew said blankly. Monferno screamed in the middle of the storm, expanding his tail fire tremendously. His power increased and he began to scan the storm for Gible. "I need to clear this storm or find Gible one of the two." Matthew said. "Monferno use Ember and spin on your side!" Matthew shouted.

The monkey swung himself down to fetal position and began to release pellets of fire from his mouth. He began to spin and fired embers all around the bottom storm, hoping to learn Gible's whereabouts.

Chompy landed a successful Dragon Claw and moved behind Monferno to deliver another, but sudden fire shot out in all directions pelting Chompy multiple times. Not only did this damage Chompy, but its screams of pain would no doubt give away his position. Dan knew he needed to end this now or he'll never get the chance.

"Dragon Rage!" Dan yelled, with Chompy's super hearing coming into play Chompy unleashed a stream of blue fire hoping to land a finishing blow.

(My bad, fell asleep XD)

Nurse Joy walked back out of the operation room. "We did what we could, he is in the infirmary if you would like to see him. He will need to soend a day or two in there so he can properly recover." She said hoping the girl would be to upset or worried. "If he gets the proper rest he need, he will be good as new." She said with a smile. "Oh, are these the papers?" Nurse Joy took them and skimmed what Emily filled out. "Hmmmmm. Taken away by Team Magma, beaten down by some giant man." She noticed that Emily had not specified a name. "Do you know who did it? Also you didn't write down why it is Charizard went berserk, you just said he kind of did out of the blue." She said.

Last edited:

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Using the light that Monferno gave off from his Blaze ability Matthew was able to see his partner and Gible's attack coming right for him. "Monferno aim at the blue fire and use Ember!" he shouted. The trainer yelled for ember but, the result was much bigger than expected. Monferno reeled back and released a devastating column of fire right at Gible's attack. The two attacks clashed in the sandstorm with intense force.

A massive explosion cause the sandstorm to be blown away as both Chompy and Monferno was sent flying to opposite sides of the field. Chompy didn't faint, but it was too tired to continue.

"Well, I think we're down and out." Dan said as he ran towards Chompy and picked it up in his arms.

"You were great Chompy." Dan said as Chompy smiled at his trainer.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Ashley was rather impressed with the battle. Dan and Matthew put on quite the show, even Lilo was clapping at their performance.

"You guys were awesome. You both ought to be proud." Ashley said to both Dan and Matthew.

"Thanks Ashley." Dan said before he realized Chompy had started glowing white signaling and evolution.

"Oh my." Dan said as he quickly set Chompy down who finished glowing white and had now evolved from a Gible to a Gabite.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Wow a Gabite, that's pretty cool." Ashley said before she pulled out a camera to take a picture of Chompy's new form. Lilo and Crystal walked by Chompy, with Lilo offering a hi five to Chompy and Crystal looking on with curiosity.

Chompy blinked from the flash before it returned the hi five gesture with Lilo, it then began to walk around trying to get used to its new form.

"Well isn't that a treat, though I think we should get you and the others checked up. That was a tough battle." Dan said before he recalled Chompy and walked with Rio back into the Pokemon Center.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Monferno was sent rolling across the arena and slowed to a stop. His Blaze ability burned out and Matthew ran over to his partner. He began to laugh, "Actually Dan that seemed pretty even to me so let's call it a tie and do this another time." he said with a smile. He then witnessed the beautiful miracle of evolution as Chompy evolved into a Gabite. "Wow it's so cool!" he said excitedly. Matthew followed Dan into the Pokemon center and handed his Pokeballs to Nurse Joy. "Will you take care of them please Nurse Joy?" he asked nicely.

"You bet I will." she said back with a smile, scooping the Pokeballs onto a tray. Matthew turned back to the group and smiled, "So I assume everyone had fun watching that cause I know I sure did." he said excitedly, beginning to laugh.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Yeah, you guys put on a hell of a show." Ashley said to Matthew. She noticed a couple other trainers walk out the Pokemon Center, but paid them no mind.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew walked over to the new trainer and laughed a bit, "Jason wasn't the one that battled Dan, I did." he said. "Aaron huh? Well my name is Matthew and I'm from the Kalos region. I don't know about Dan here but maybe he'd be up for a battle if Rio is healed." he said.

"Well, think you're up for another round buddy?" Dan asked Rio who nodded. Truth was it wanted to get back in fighting shape after the Charizard incident.

"We're up for it if you are." Dan said to Matthew and Aaron.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Well since you guys will be busy, I'm gonna go explore town. I'll be back before you know it." Ashley said as she exited the Pokemon Center and went into town.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Sweet mother mercury. Five pages of raw garbage.

Alright, folks. Cleaned up the mess and smacked the responsible users with warnings (and in one case, a full on read-only as this was a duplicate account and I'm pretty sure I've dealt with this particular user before). You can resume RPing, just make sure you follow the rules - there are a few one-liners here that AREN'T a result of people fouling up the thread.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
After Dan & Matthew's fight, Ashley decided to travel around town and see the sights. Soon she came across a poster that caught her attention.

"Iki Town Contest featuring Island Kahuna Hala as guest judge. All Coordinators welcome." Ashley said reading the poster aloud. Her partner Lilo looked at the images of Coordinators performing with hearts in its eyes.

"Looks fun doesn't it?" Ashley said with an amused chuckle. Ashley truly didn't know what she wanted to do on her Pokemon journey, if Lilo liked the idea maybe Contests are the way to go. Still Ashley took the poster and headed back to the Pokemon Center, Dan would like to know where Hala would be in any event.

Dan received his Pokemon from Nurse Joy. "Thank you." Dan said to the Nurse as he walked to a seat with Rio next to him. The battle with Matthew proved he had gotten stronger, and he was ready to face the Island Kahuna Hala. Two things were keeping him from acting though, he had to make sure Emily & Leon were okay and he didn't know where to find Hala. Soon he saw Ashley come back with her partner Lilo in toe.

"Back so soon?" Dan asked surprised she didn't bring a couple bags of clothing with her.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew walked over to Dan and Ashley after he had gotten his Pokemon back from Nurse Joy. "So who's Hala anyways?" he asked, not knowing about Alola's particular traditions. He also began to think about how he needed to get stronger. The battle with Dan wouldn't have turned out the way it did if Dan had been using Rio in the battle. On top of that, Dan's Gible evolved into Gabite which was not good for him. Maybe what the boy needed was another Pokemon on his team.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Yeah, check this out." Ashley said handing the poster to Dan.

"Hala is the Island Kahuna of Melemele Island, basically the Alola version of a Gym Leader. Dan has to defeat him before he can face the Trial Captains & Island Kahunas of other islands." Ashley said explaining to Matthew.

Dan looked at the poster Ashley handed her and saw that Hala would be at Iki Town.

"This is great, now I know where to find this guy...does anyone know where Iki Town is?" Dan asked rubbing the back of his head with a sheepish grin.

(stopped getting notifications. sorry guys lol)

Emily nodded. "Thank you nurse Joy." She said. "Uh, no I don't know who did it." She knew exactly who but didn't want to specify it. "Yeah. We were all talking and his poke ball fell from my bag steaming hot. He just came out and started using flame thrower." She looked down at the ground as she spoke. She felt bad for no knowing more.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Ashley pinched the bridge of her nose, Dan's lack of knowledge of Alola could get a little grating.

"Don't worry, I'll point you in the right direction." Ashley said to Dan. She then looked over to Emily and frowned. She hoped that Leon could get the help it deserved, for Emily's sake.

Lilo took the opportunity to point at the poster Dan was holding, specifically the contest images. Crystal released herself from her Pokeball, saw Emily was sad, and walked over to her. She rubbed against her leg affectionately.

Emily smiled down at Crystal. "Thanks Crystal." She said crouching down to pet the little vulpix. "I hope Leon will get better soon." She needed something to take her mind off of it for a while. She didn't like being sad and mopey. It was her.

"Thank you. I promise I'll buy and learn an Alola map." Dan said to Ashley. Dan then saw the Popplio point at images of Coordinators performing and soon realized what she meant.

"Oh, want to be a performer?" Dan said understanding the appeal of Contests; they were huge back home in Sinnoh.

"Think your little girl wants to be a star." Dan said to Ashley referring to Lilo, showing off the poster and pointing to the images of Coordinators performing.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Ashley say Crystal comfort Emily and smiled, silently thanking her Pokemon for being there for Emily.

"Yeah, noticed that too. Still thought I don't know. I mean, could I even be a Coordinator." Ashley said showing self doubt. She wasn't a born entertainer like Lilo was and, from what she heard about Contests, didn't know if she had the combination of trainer skill, understanding of beauty and entertainer's charm needed to be successful.

"Hey we can help you." Emily said picking up Crystal. "We all have different pokemon that can do different things. We can learn together." It was just a suggestion but Emily hoped it would help Ashley feel better.

"I don't see why not. I think you'd be a great Coordinator. Just have to believe in yourself." Dan said to Ashley. He then saw Emily come to them with Crystal in her arms and offer advice.

"Emily is right. We're behind you every step of the way." Dan said. Ashley backed him during the Island Trials, it was only fair he do the same for her. Rio also nodded, showing his support.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Ashley thought about what Emily, Dan & Jason said and realized they were right. She saw Crystal in Emily's arms and picked her up before setting her down next to Lilo.

"What do you think guys? Ready to give the people of Alola a show?" Ashley asked as Crystal nodded and Lilo did a backflip before clapping.

"Alright. I'll give it my best shot." Ashley said, she owed it to her Pokemon to at least try.

"Yeah, with your love to pokemon, you will be a great coordinator." Jason said to Ashley. Then he saw Emily "Hi, Emily. What happened, that you were waiting for something in pokemon center?"

"Yeah, I'm waiting on Leon." She said. She smiled to Ashley glad she was going to try. "I'm glad your gonna do it." Emily said. "Remember we'll be with you every step of the way like we are with Dan's trials."

"I'm glad you'll give it a chance. Though you'll need a Contest Pass first before you can register." Dan said to Ashley, diving into his knowledge of Pokemon Contests. In Sinnoh, contests were treated as much of a big deal as challenging the Sinnoh League. People took it VERY seriously, so he had picked up on a few things.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Contest Pass?" Ashley asked, not too knowledgeable into the details of Contest admission. Lilo and Crystal looked up at Dan also curious on what Dan had to say.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Yeah definitely. You'd be an awesome coordinator Ashley and I think your Pokemon knows it too." the boy said. "So Hala is like a gym leader but I have to complete trials to battle him." the boy said, making sense of the knowledge. "Well either way I need to go catch a new Pokemon." he said. The boy sat down next to Emily, "I know it'll never be enough no matter who says it but still, Leon will be just fine I'm sure of it." he said with a smile. "Anyways I'm off now and I'll be back later." he said. The boy got up and left the Pokemon center before heading out towards the forest.

"It's nothing that's too complicated. You simply go to a Contest Hall, where all Pokemon Contests are, and asked the receptionist you'd like one. Then they'll give you a Contest Pass and a Ribbon Case for the Ribbons you win." Dan explained, having seen Daw...having seen Coordinators get them before.

"Good luck Matthew!" Dan said as Matthew left the Pokemon Center to go catch Pokemon.

Last edited:

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
The trainer was walking through the woods when he spotted a bush that was rustling uncontrollably. As he approached it he stuck his arm out in front of him to prepare himself for whatever was in there. Just before he got into arm's reach something popped out a bit his arm. "AHHHH GET OFF ME!" he shouted, scaring off a group of Pikipek masked in the thick trees. Matthew shook his arm violently but it was no use. Trapinch would not let go. Monferno released himself from his Pokeball and used Mach Punch to send the creature flying. "Thanks buddy." he said, rubbing his arm to make sure it was okay.

"Alright Monferno let's go with Thunder Punch!" he said as he Pokemon launched the attack. Trapinch jumped at Monferno, mouth gaping, ready to bite down. Monferno attacked but the Thunder Punch did nothing at all to Trapinch. "Oh no it's ground type!" Matthew shouted as Trapinch bit down on Monferno's hand. "Quick Monferno use Flame Wheel!" he shouted. The monkey spun into a wheel of flames, encasing the Trapinch as well. He remained stationary, revving up the spin before finally releasing the built up pressure. Monferno spun full speed towards a tree, carrying Trapinch along with him. The Flame Wheel attack was successful in slamming Trapinch into a tree. "Now Mach Punch!" Matthew shouted. Monferno came straight out of the Flame Wheel and nailed Trapinch with the punch causing it to break through the tree and fall somewhere behind it. Matthew quickly ran past Monferno, brushing his head as he went by, and found Trapinch. He chucked a Pokeball at the downed creature and watched as it got sucked inside. 1...2...3...click! "Alright! I got him Monferno!" the trainer exclaimed, holding the Pokeball up high. "I'll check out his moves later but we gotta go back and show everyone!" he said to his Pokemon, still very excited. The boy then began to run back towards the Pokemon center with Monferno following close behind.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"I see. Doesn't sound too complicated. Okay it's settled we'll go to Iki Town where you can face Hala and I'll compete in the contest after Emily makes sure Leon is okay." Ashley said with determination.

"What do you think Matthew is going to bring back?" Ashley said sitting next to Dan and Rio engaging in small talk.

"Sounds like a plan to me." Dan said.

"Who knows, Alola is crawling with so many good and interesting Pokemon who knows what he could find out there." Dan said genuinely curious what Matthew was going to bring back.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Within about half an hour Matthew came stumbling back into the Pokemon center. "Guys...guys...guys." the boy said repetitively while also trying to catch his breath. He was still hyped about the Pokemon he caught although he didn't expect to get it in the short amount of time that he did. However, he figured he deserved it considering he almost lost his arm in the process.

The trainer tossed out the Pokeball and out popped his new Pokemon, Trapinch. "Say hello to Trapinch everyone, Trapinch this is Dan, Ashley, and Emily is over there and Jason is over there." he said looking around the room to make sure he didn't miss anyone. "I found him in the forest and he almost bit my arm off but eventually we got him." he said, proudly.

Status
Not open for further replies.