• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

All Psychic, all the Time.

So I joined this pretty sweet website a week ago and they were holding a Poke'mon B/W tournament. I placed 5th and, with that, got an Elite Four spot. I chose the Psychic type so I was hoping for some help with my team. We start accepting challenges on the first so I probably don't have enough time to grind out the Power items from the Battle Subway so I more-than-likely won't EV train to begin with; but I will post some EV spreads just because I'll eventually get around to it.

Anyways, these Poke'mon may not have amazing synergy when thought of as 6v6 but that's the beauty: all challenges will be 3v3. So the first three go together and the last three go together. Anywho, here's the team:

=====
~
METAGROSS @ Muscle Band
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
Clear Body
252 HP, 252 Atk
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt
-Bullet Punch

~

STARMIE @ Expert Belt
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Natural Cure
252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd.
-Surf
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

~

LATIAS @ Leftovers
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Levitate
252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd
-Dragon Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-Substitute
-Calm Mind

~
=====

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
For 3vs3 offense is key, so I'm going to start out by saying Metagross, Starmie and Latias would work best for this.

- Metagross is very good, although usually he runs full HP/Attack EVs as opposed to split defenses. Brick Break is a bit weak in this day and age and Metagross can slaughter Tyranitar with Meteor Mash anyway, and sadly due to the nerf to Explosion Metagross loses out on a very nice move there. Zen Headbutt is probably the best option here

- Starmie is good too, consider Grass Knot and Trick (if Choiced) for possible alternative moves.

- Latias is...weird. Her EVs and nature are fine but her moves seem more geared towards support. She's probably better off bringing the pain with offense here though - Dragon Pulse STAB is standard, I'd check her Hidden Power type to see what you get there (hope for Fire...) Wish and Protect probably won't be needed since 3vs3 is very fast-paced and odds are, you won't have time to support the team with it. A Sub + Calm Mind set would be my recommendation for Latias, with Dragon Pulse and anything out of Psychic, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power (Fire) or Recover in the last moveslot.

You might want to post their hold items as well.

Updated. She was blessed with Rock hidden power unfortunately. But I think I fix't things. I realized she had Draco Meteor already so I went with White Herb to accomodate that instead.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor on Latias (give her the Leftovers too) and you're good to go. You don't need Meteor's extra power with Calm Mind on board, and the low PP can present an issue in the long run.

Sorry to bump this thread up again but I was wondering what other Poke'mon would go good with these three? They have to be psychic-type to abide by the rules of the E4, though. Or should I just add some fake out 'mons to my team to make them think I might use them when in reality I'll just be using these guys?