• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open ALfeim Online

Barbra came home from school the next day, and set her backpack down by her door. She locked the door, then proceeded to her bed. "Alright, let's see what there is to do today." Barbra said, smiling to herself as she laid down on her bed and put on her Amusphere. After sliding on the device, she said the usual words, and was then bombarded with bright colors. "Link start!"

Maelstrom cracked her neck as she entered ALO once more. The Cait Sith smiled as she made her way to the tavern, which she was a usual at. Perhaps she'd meet someone new again today. It was a rather popular spot in the area, and she looked forward to finding some new people to party up with.

Liza sighed as they reached the front of Liza's house. Akarshi lived across the street. They went their seperate ways and walked inside. Akarshi's brother came in after. His parents had bought him an amusphere and set it up in his room. Akarshi ran up stairs and rushed onto his phone. His brother got onto ALO. He quickly texted Liza about it and they both logged in.

Back at his home, Shiro sat at his desk with a bored look on his face as he did his homework. Taking a glance at the clock (6:17 pm), he wondered when Jin would make it back so they could go online. As he filled out question after question, his mind drifted from math to Alfheim, as he began to imagine soaring the skies and eventually defeating his brother and that Cait Sith that always gave him a hard time. Taking a moment to stretch his arms and back, he looked up at the anime poster hanging over his desk. On it was a hero clad in red armor, and just behind him, an evil swordsman with golden hair and reptilian eyes. Shiro knew those slit-pupiled yellow eyes were only contacts, but it still made him look menacing, nonetheless. His train of thought was suddenly interrupted when he heard the door open. "I'm home, Shiro!" Jin called. In a moment, he poked his head into the bedroom doorway. "Finish your homework quickly, and we can do a boss raid today."

"Yippee." Shiro sighed. "I can't wait..." Jin noticed the sarcasm in his voice and walked in, sitting down on his bed.

"Surely you're not that upset about that whole Cait Sith run-in?" Jin pondered with a chuckle.

"No, it's not that..." Shiro replied, writing in another answer. "It's...never mind..." He finished up and then went over to the amusphere, putting it on. "See you at the tavern, as per usual." he said. "Link start!" With that, the world around him faded to a bright white flash and a streak of colors. And soon, he was Ryu. In this body, he didn't have to worry about the burdens and troubles of the real world. There was nothing holding him back from his goals (except Kage, but nothing's perfect). With that, he headed over to the neutral tavern and took a seat at the table with his big brother, who had selected a quest.

"Alright, Ryu. We're going after a Nuckelavee boss monster this time. This one in particular is considered especially dangerous, but it has a loot drop we need to get you a better weapon." he explained. "A katana called Iron Shadow."

"Alright! Finally a weapon upgrade!" Ryu cheered, "And not a minute too soon, too!"

Maelstrom raised her head as she heard two guys nearby talking about that Nuckelavee boss she's heard about. She could use the XP. Quickly making up her mind, the girl stood up and strolled over to the two boys. "Ahem. 'Scuse me, but I happened to overhear you two were going after that Nuckelavee boss. You two wouldn't mind if I tagged along, would you?"

"Not at all." Kage said with a smile. "We could use a third hand to help us out. My little brother here tends to get...reckless at times." he said with a snicker.

"Hey! I am not!" Ryu snapped. Kage raised an eyebrow to the younger spriggan in front of him and smirked, earning him a groan of defeat. "Fiiine...a LITTLE reckless." he muttered. "Anyways, welcome aboard. Name's Ryu. Lover, fighter, and dreamer. That's my older brother Kage, the top general of the Spriggan armies."

"Got it. Thanks for having me!" She replied with a smile. "If neither of you two are good at it, I can heal you if the need arises. My Illusion Magic is maxed out, and I have three other high-leveled skills. That would be my Healing Magic, my Reaction Time, and my Agility. So, just let me know where I'd be the most useful at during the fight!"

"Understood." Kage said. "We'll meet at the town exit in fifteen minutes. That should give you enough time to check your inventory to see if you're ready. And until then..." He threw something toward the door without looking that way which whizzed past Ryu's head and sunk into the wood. Turns out, it was a knife with a diamond-shapped blade and a ring pummel. "No causing trouble, Ryu." he added.

"Alright, alright. You didn't have to throw a dagger at me." Ryu said. He then left to get ready for the mission.

"Well, then, i look forward to our quest." Kage said, a gentle smile on his face. As he walked out the tavern, others still staring at him, he put on his samurai hat and pulled the knife out of the door.

Gamertag: Barris
Name: Catherine Hoff
Race: Salamander
Weapon: Katana
Appearance: She wears a red battle kimono with pink dragon designs all over it. It has a golden trim around the neck and arms. She has fingerless gloves and long black hair with blue eyes.
Personality: Sarcastic, serious, warlike, expressive
Backstory: Catherine is a strong women who doesn't liked to be pushed around. When every someone confronts her she ends up winning. She is also head of the debate team in college.
MAX skill: Speed
High level skills: Fire Magic, Targeting
RP:
Angelica got home from school as she sat on the phone with her BEST FRIEND Catherine. They both logged on and met up at the tavern. "Catherine!" Cryptica yelled as she ran into her arms. Barris smiled and patted her head. They rushed over to the job board. They began looking through the quests until they found the perfect one. "Sacred Time-stop"

(OOC: [to SMRPG64] what?)

Kage and Ryu waited for Maelstorm at the exit of the neutral town, just as planned. As they waited, the stars above shone brilliantly in the night sky, and the beautiful city lights illuminated the streets below. It was amazing, really, just how much quality went into these settings. "So, think she'll show up soon?" Ryu asked, looking from the sky to his brother. Kage simply shrugged.

Maelstrom didn't take long to prepare herself. She upgraded her clothing a bit, though you couldn't see a difference. She also sharpened her weapon, and clipped it to her belt. After finishing her modifications, she flew over to the town's exit, where she saw Kage and Ryu. The Cait Sith landed, and gave them a greeting.

"Okay, seems everyone's ready. Let's move out!" Kage said, taking to the skies and flying toward the dungeon, with Ryu following close behind. As he flew, Ryu looked down at the rolling terrain beneath them and the fading lights of the city now in the distance. They flew over lush forests and around enormous mountain peaks, skimmed across a lake and eventually stopped at what appeared to be a ruins. "Alright, stay on guard the entire time we're here. Given it's just the three of us against this one boss, it'd be a shame if we lost someone in the first minute because SOMEONE was being careless!". As he finished, he turned to Ryu, who flinched and dropped the urn he was holding. It bounced off the ground unharmed, an immortal object sign appearing over it.

"Well...that's fortunate..." Ryu chuckled nervously before letting out a relieved sigh. "Seriously, though, that's all in the past..." he muttered. "Besides, that werewolf was pissin' me off..."

(OOC: RWBY, SMR?)

RP: Maelstrom took in the view as she followed the two Spriggan brothers through the air. You know, I really never took a moment to realize how beautiful the Virtual world truly is. It really is just that. Beautiful. The Cait Sith pondered to herself, smiling. She spotted the other two descend, and followed suit. As she was landing, Maelstrom heard Ryu mention something about a werewolf. She mentally shrugged, and asked, "So, how far into these ruins are we going, until we find the Nuckelavee?"

"Doesn't say..." Kage said, checking the quest again. "Guess we're gonna have to do some searching. Gather around and take a signal gun, then split up." As he spoke, he opened his inventory and took out a small box. "Fire a red signal into the air if you spot the beast. We'll meet up in the center of the ruins if no one runs into it."

Barris and Cryptica flew over the trees heading to the Salamander HQ. Cryptica was hired to be an undercover spy for them. They reached the top of a volcano as the lava inside seemed to open like a door. They flew through the opening as it closed behind them. The great base has many shops and homes inside. A large metal dome sat in the middle. The volcano had several different levels and stretched downwards. They entered the dome. As they walked in a golden throne sat on the other side. Beautiful stairwells covered the left and right wall. A man sat in the throne by the name of Tyris the Sinner's Flame. He wore dark blood red armor with a golden trim. His great sword had a golden hilt with a silver and black blade. They say he could wield the sword with one-hand. " My Lord.... this is Cryptica" Barris said with a bow. Cryptica didn't bow and showed her confidence.

Liza and Yamu wandered the town once again. They chatted about possible boss roads to go on. They went to the tavern and sat down still being observed by witnesses of the innocent attack.

Cryptica held her head high in the presence of the Salamander leader. He rose up and confronted Cryptica. Barris nudged her to say something. "Sir..." she said with a warming smile.

Ryu took his signal gun and made his way into the alleyways of the deserted town, where he wall jumped to reach the rooftops and took off. "Take care, big bro!" he called as he ran. As he made his way across the buildings, he scanned the streets below. Strange red mist seemed to cover the town, and a strange, haunting screech echoed from somewhere in the town. As he continued on his way, he noted that there were normal enemies spawning as well: Imps; cackling little bat-winged pests. As soon as they spotted Ryu, they flew up at him with their tridents in hand, swinging at him. Ryu leaped up in retaliation and drew out his Daito, slashing through one of them in the blink of an eye, and disarming the other two before they could react. He then summoned two Kunai knives from his inventory and hurled them at his foes, the blades piercing into their heads. They shattered like glass, and Ryu continued on his way.

Kage swung his nodachi, cleaving through yet another group of Imps who had popped up to pester them. "Looks like the boss has spawned." He told Maelstrom. "These are his underlings."

(OOC: I have permission to do this)
This is where it all started... Everyone in the game was teleported to a pitch black room. A large octagon sat in the sky of darkness. It transformed into a cloaked man. "Attention players... I would like to welcome you to your new home. Today is the day we have the most players on our server ever! Your logout button is gone... We have already sent out messages across the globes that if anyone tries to rescue you IRL... you will die. If you health drops to zero... your memory profile will be erased! And your brain will be fried. Happy hunting fairies... stay alive!" The man disappeared as the room turned out to be the city plaza in the neutral zone. There was silence at first, but it evolved into screams and panic. A screen popped up... a mission called "Caged Fairies" the world tree must be defeated and you must reach the boss at the top!

After the announcement, Kage stared blankly at the floor, eyes wide with horror. He was trapped again, trapped in the virtual world with no way out except by gambling your life. History had repeated itself for him...and now Ryu was trapped with him in this game of death. "K-Kage, snap out of it!!" his younger brother cried, trying to shake him out of his trauma episode, "KAGE! BIG BROTHER!!" The younger spriggan had tears in his eyes now. "Come on! You beat this kind of game before, right?! WHAT'S STOPPING YOU THIS TIME?!" Kage flinched and looked toward his frightened younger brother.

"Ryu..." he sighed. As much as he wanted to believe it was all a dream, he knew it wasn't. And checking the menu confirmed it. He couldn't log out, and neither could any other player. With that said, there really was only one way out, and having taken the world tree quest before, he knew it wouldn't be easy. "Let's get back to our quest. We still need to give you that upgrade." he finally said. Ryu nodded, and together they headed up to the same ruins they were in before to finish what they started.

Barris and Cyrptica held each other as they both sat on the floor in a puddle of tears. The salamander leader stood breathless... as if nothing happened. History had repeated for several others. Cryptica stopped for a moment. "The World Tree has been upgraded... In the last update it was improved." Cryptica said as she fell back. Barris eyes widened "You look troubled young ones" said a tall Imp in the crowd who was the one and only Cranec, the one of the top blacksmiths in the game.
Gamertag: Cranec
Name: Luke Vunuran
Race: Imp
Weapon: Dual Swords
Appearance: He has Black Emo hair with red eyes. he is very pale and wears a black cloak with a dark purple vest underneath with no sleeves and black fingerless gloves. Black pants and dark purple boots. The cloak has a Red Spade on the back.
Personality: Witty, Sarcastic, powerful, sensitive at times, brother-like
Backstory: Luke was in SAO as well, but stayed on the lower floors. He was a blacksmith but was run out of business by Violet, the best blacksmith known in VRMMOs.
MAX skill: Blacksmithing
High level skills: Dual wielding, dark magic

Richard fell to his knees and began shaking immediately, already images of the terror known as Sword Art Online.
A tall spire, a boss at the top, no escape. It was all too familiar.
He quickly entered the menu, hoping to find a logout button, nothing
He searched other parts of the menu, Items, Skills, still nothing

"No..." he whispered "not again"

Cranec seemed to be unphased by this which threw everyone off. Barris and Cryptica stood up and confronted him. "Doesntl this bother you!" They yelled at him. He shook his head. "This is nearly a repeat in history"

"Indeed, this is SAO, all over again..." Kage said, walking up to Cranec, "But keep in mind, thousands died last time something like this happened. My question is, how is it being replicated with supposedly safer hardware, such as the amusphere?" Ryu trailed behind his big brother, his new weapon on his back, quiet as he tried to find an answer to the question. "The nerve gear had the capacity needed to cause death in real life due to the microwave neuro-transmitter it ran on. Didn't the Amusphere have something safer that didn't cause the brain any harm? Or was that a lie to the press and marketing...one that somehow got past the inspection...?"

"It doesn't matter how" Richard muttered as he walked closer to Kage and Cranec "Its begun again, who knows if we can survive another?"
He felt himself begin to sob, but held it back, he was GOING to make it out alive, he did it once, he could do it again...

"There is always a loophole... Perhaps the nuro-transmator could overload causing the amusphere to explode completely even with the player's head. It still sends the same waves to the brain. It could turn those waves into something deadly to even make your brain dead." He responded with absolutely no expression. Barris sat in shock at the possibility of her death.

"In that case, we'll just have to find a way through the world tree." Kage said, turning to the crowd afterward. "Does anybody have any experience with the world tree?" he called out. "Any information would be greatly appreciated!"

Ryu kneeled down and patted Barris's back. "Hey, it's hard for all of us, but don't worry. We'll get outta here." he said in the most comforting voice he could muster.

Maelstrom couldn't believe what she was hearing. And, it was all so sudden. One moment, she was with Kage and Ryu fighting the Nuckelavee's minions, then this. A friend of hers had been trapped in Sword Art Online. She hadn't been as lucky as some of the other players. The Cait Sith had to hold back the tears in her eyes, both at the memory of her lost friend and that of history now repeating itself. Attempting to regain her composure, she let out a deep breath and made her way over to where she saw Kage and Ryu talking with some of the other players. "Well, what do we do now?"

"We're going to need to be at the top of our game to beat this one..." Kage muttered in response, massaging the headache in his temple. "I need to think things through a bit." With that, he spread his wings. "Ryu, come back to headquarters once you're ready. There's something I have to do."

"Right." Ryu said, still trying to comfort Barris, even though deep down, his emotions of fear, anger, and confusion were swirling around like an angry mist. "My question is...why would anyone replicate this?" as he asked that, he looked up to the night sky, as if hoping the stars would answer his questions.

"I honestly have no idea." Maelstrom replied, before opening her menu to confirm the logout button was indeed gone. Then, the girl navigated her menu, before sending a friend request to Ryu and Kage both. "Send me a message once you guys think of something. Until then, I'll gather whatever info I can and forward it to you." She gave a wave and flew off.