• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Aftermath

Did i do a good roleplay for the first time in... forever?

• Yes (lol, i don't think so)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No (yeah i agree)

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the first roleplay i've done in... probably a year now. So i'm pretty rusty and have probably forgotten how to make a decent RP :p

Please point out all my mistakes and i'll do my best to fix them.

I looked through old roleplays on here to find inspiration for a new one. I couldn't come up with anything. Probably because of lack of creativity. But then i came up with this idea. Which has been done before but f*ck it. I want to do my own roleplay like this.

So i was thinking we do a Roleplay based on the aftermath of an apocalyptic event. Humanity is still around, but there are only a few millions of us left. And most humans are in what's left of the majors cities now because they want to be close to other people to feel safe. There are like, 100 000 people left in New York (which is where this roleplay will play out) for example.

Many humans are now scavenging places for good and supplies while others are still trying to keep up the civilisation but fails miserably for the most part. This roleplay is a little bit into the future, not too far in, so there is a little better technology than right now. But other than prosthetic legs and arms (thinking about the Reavers fron Logan) and things like that, technology is failing humanity at this point. Cellphones and computers are beginning to malfunction, the street lights flicker on and off and cars are pretty much dead.

There are a lot more people who are homeless now and pretty much every home in the world that is uninhabited is a homeless shelter. And for the homeless people who scavenge, you need to look out for those who try to uphold civilization because they'll probably put you in jail, other scavengers and for previously criminal organizations

You can choose to be a person who tries to uphold civilization (which would be a police officer, a scientist or something), a member of a previously criminal organization or you can be a scavenger.

Here are the rules:
-normal pokecharms rules for the general roleplay
-no autoing
-romance is allowed but no further than kissing
-swearing is allowed but keep it to a minimum
-Put 'aftermath' in your bio so i know you read the rules

Here's the character sheet:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Sexuality:
Scavenge, crime or civilization?:
Other:

Here's my OC:
Name: Isak
Appearance: 6'0 tall and have the same muscle build as a swimmer. He has black hair and green eyes. He wears a purple hoodie and torn jeans. Underneath the hoodie he usually wear a black t-shirt (mostly with some sort of rock band logo on it). He also have an earpiercing in his left ear and 'spiderbites' on his left side of his lip (if you don't know what that is, it's two piercings on your lower lip).
Personality: he's a trickster pretty much. Even though he often gets into trouble, he can talk his way out of it using logic. Manipulates people quite easily too.
Backstory: his parents died during the apocalypse and so he was forced to take care of his dying sister alone. His sister can't get herself out of bed so he has to do everything by himself.
Sexuality: pansexual
Scavenge, crime or civilization: scavenge
Other: Aftermath

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
Name: Nemi
Appearance: She is 168 cm. Has blond red blend hair and green eyes. Curves but not to "much". Doesn't look like she have muscles but is still quite strong. She is always seen wearing black boots, black tight jeans a black top and a black leather jacket.
Personality: She has trust issues she can seem arrogant and uptight but it's just a mask to hide how she is really feeling. To the people who become her friend she is nice and friendly
Backstory: Will be revealed as the RP goes on
Sexuality: Asexual
Scavenge, crime or civilization?: Scavenge
Other: aftermath :)

Last edited:
A nuclear apocalyptic setting with a 'functioning' government (Police and what not)... Interesting. How far ahead into the future are we? Are there mutants and if so are we talking Fallout/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. tier mutants? Is it possible to walk around without having to worry about radiation? Sorry about all the questions I'm just super interested is all! :)

It's a bit after the nuclear war. There is a lot of radiation left but not as much as you'd turn into the Hulk or something. More like smaller mutations right now (atleast in the radioactive areas). But if you were close to the radiation at the start, there's bound to be consequences for it. You could get a deadly disease or get some mutation. But this roleplay is more about adapting to the new world. Not about mutations or things like that. Mutations would be more like you're growing a third eye and not the super soldier type of mutation. There will obviously be a few exceptions to that rule but not many at all. I would prefer it if you stayed as a normal human (but maybe with a third eye if you want) and not as a super human.

It's possible to walk around in many areas without having to worry about what the radiation does to you (but there are also areas that you need to avoid). This roleplay is based off of how you see the world in 'Logan' but we're not that far into the future. It's a few years before the events of that movie (like 2025).

Name: Owen Calahan
Appearance: He's a tall (6'5") person with unknown features since he always wears a cloak- made of a black leather with patterns of a light silver-coloured metal, and where his legs do show, he has black cargo pants and black boots with more of the reflective metal.
Personality: Owen knows there's no happy ending to this situation and therefore is generally depressing, sarcastic and full of no good, since he just wants to slam down at a deeper rock bottom.
Backstory: He lost all of his family from the apocalypse, so Owen has now decided there is no way out of this- so he wants to drag more people down with him. He doesn't look for anything in particular to help him survive: he doesn't really care if he dies. His main things he does is break things in his way, especially valued resources- and even sometimes he might take a request from a larger crime organization or something like that, just for the fun of it.
Sexuality: Asexual (Previously heterosexual, but he doesn't care for love now.)
Scavenge, crime or civilization?: Criminal?
Other: The aftermath has affected him, obviously.