1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other AFTER VGC 14

Discussion in 'The Doctor's Clinic' started by Zenologia, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Okay so I didn't want to do a prefix since I'm not in VGC 14 by any means, and we don't have anything official for VGC 15. However, if Pokémon follows patterns, VGC 15 should be the national Dex.

With that in mind, this is what I want to build. (FYI, I did go through http://pokecharms.com/threads/basics-to-competitive-team-making.1067/ to make sure I didn't do anything OVERLY stupid).

By no means am I looking for people to tell me everything is perfect. Pick it apart as much as you want ^_^

2. KoL

KoL FPS Guy
    Staff Member Moderator

It's hard to judge what will be popular next year with everything allowed (in all likelihood) so I'll just go by what you have:

- Gyarados's Dragon Dance set works well with Togekiss's Follow Me as a combination. Consider Earthquake to hit both opponents over Stone Edge, as a miss from Stone Edge would cost you dearly in VGC format.

- CounterSash isn't particularly effective with Fake Out being so common and MegaKangaskhan's Parental Bond breaking Sashes anyway (and Kangaskhan is everywhere and likely will be next year too.) Sash itself is still good on Houndoom, but Counter on top of it likely won't be.

- Don't forget Gardevoir's second STAB Fairy attack. If it's available, Pixilate Hyper Voice is the best option, and Pixilate Hyper Beam can serve as a very gimmicky and risky nuke to catch people out.

- Rock Slide is far better than Head Smash on Archeops due again to the accuracy and the fact that Rock Slide hits both enemies and can make them flinch. I'd still keep Sitrus on Archeops mind you.

- An alternative to your Aegislash set is the pure special Substitute set running Flash Cannon, Shadow Ball, Substitute and King's Shield. Consider it if your current set doesn't seem to pull its weight.

Until we see next year's rules that's all I can really think to say, besides making sure you have a way to kill Kangaskhan.