• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Adventures on Sinel Island!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thunder wave" called out Halt, as Dratini shot the attack at the coming Torchic. The move doesn't hurt pokemon, but it does paralyze them, causing Dratini to take advantage. "And Twister!" He said, hoping to catch the Torchic and force it to slow down.

Suddenly, a pokemon jumped from the cavern. "Trappp" the pokemon said. it was a diffrent color from average trapanch. the attack didnt effect trapinch, it seemed to be on kais side. "What in the world" kai said.

Halt waved back Dratini for a moment. "I see you have a friend." He said, and indicated to the great ball he rolled to him back at the pokecenter. "So, what are you waiting for?"

To say the least, Lena's wait was far more than just a few minutes. She watched Woobat curiously poke into different jars and even had to jump up and hurriedly pick up a tipped over bowl of pokefood, form then on she decided it was best to wait outside. Lena knew the Sewaddle wasn't her pokemon, and that she would have to let it go- but for some reason she couldn't pry herself from the site of the injured pokemon. After a long while of pacing, and playing I spy, and chasing her companion around a familiar face appeared form inside the window. Dashing inside Lena gasped at the newly healed Sewaddle who shrunk back at her sudden movement, "It is rather shy now, don't scare it!" the nurse scolded before sighing, "Might you know what happened to this pokemon of yours that has frightened it so much?" the nurse asked as she handed the female trainer the pokemon. Lena shook her head before shrugging, "He's not mine, I'm just gonna release him now." she shrugged and walked out the door without another word. Lena walked a good distance form the PC back to where she found the bug-type before placing it on the ground. "Bye-Bye now, try not to get so hurt next time." Lena grinned as the Sewaddle's large brown eyes went towards the woods and with a shiver the pokemon inched back to Lena. "Huh? Not gathered enough courage yet?" Lena giggled- "That's alright! You can stay with us!" she cheered.

"trapp" the pokemon said, beginning to turn on both. Kais eyes got big, then the pokemon struggled and ran. "did you see that" kai asked Halt, hopeing he saw what he saw. "torchic" the pokemon said, hopping onto kais shoulder

"I saw that." Halt said. "I think that it took an interest in you. Why not throw a ball?" He handed him another great ball. "Just catch him next time. Now why not go catch it." He said, indicating to the cavern.

"no...Not that it just randomly came out. It had something on its neck...like a shock collor" kai pointed out. He returned torchic to its pokeball and placed it on his belt. "here, ill show you, lets go find it" he said.

"Alright, but I've been in this cave since I came here. There's nobody else in here." Halt said, and returned Dratini. Glaceon then ran up to take its place. He then walked after Kai.

Kai walked into an open feild. The trapinch was at some kind of shed. "Shh" kai motioned for Halt to be quite.
he then Hid in the bushes as he walked toward the shed,

"When did that get here. Its new from when I left here." He edged closer. "Lets have a little fun, alright. I play distraction, you do you, alright?" Halt stood up and walked over to the shed and knocked on the door. "Hello, you do know this shed is not up to standards? It has multiple infractions. Look at this door," he said indicating the door. "It isn't up to conduct. Im afraid your gonna have to tell me why this is here."

Kai kicked open the shed door. "its to small to house life" he told to halt. He then accidentally pressed a leaver, which revealed a passage that lead downward. "after you..." kai said. Now that theirs a pokemon in trouble, he has a new sense of courage.

"I've seen some strange things in my life, so a small hut isn't surprising me. I was thinking more along the lines of a poacher hut. That pokemon was shiny, so its extremely rare." Halt explained as he walked down the stairs to the bottom, not far from the above ground. "It looks clear. Come on down." He called up.

Riley shuffled out of the Pokemon Center, happy to finally get to explore the Sinel Islands. His Pokemon were all healed up, ready for the next inevitable battle. The sun shone gently on his face and his companion, Leer the Skuntank. Leer bounded happily next to Riley, ready for the next adventure. Before they got far, Riley noticed a girl talking to a Sewaddle.
"Hey!" he called. Him and Leer walked closer to hopefully start a conversation.

Lena hummed as she walked, with Sewaddle still clinging onto her shirt being supported by one hand which he seemed to no longer fear and Woobat buzzing around her happily. A sudden voice from behind her caused the girl to pause, turned she tightened her grip o the Sewaddle who was startled by the yell and tipped her head. After a moment of focusing on the boy she grinned- "Why hello!" she said happily and gave a slight wave of her hand- Woobat flew curiously around the boy and his pokemon.

Riley caught up with the girl, glad to know that she hadn't thought he was some sort of stalker, and started talking.
"I saw you in the Pokémon Center earlier but never said anything, you seemed a bit panicked. Is everything alright?" he inquired, genuinely concerned.

Lena listened to Riley's inquiry's before smiling, "Oh of course, it's alright now. This Sewaddle wasn't looking to good before but he seems quite well now." she trailed off staring at the pokemon who refused to lift it's gaze from the ground. Shrugging Lena then extended a hand to be shaken and itnroduced herself- "I'm Lena, and this is my partner Woobat!" she grinned.

"Well at least it's okay now," Riley responded to the information about Sewaddle. He smiled and shook her hand, "I'm Riley and this is Leer the Skuntank, my partner in crime," at that Leer looked up and purred. "Nice to meet you, Lena!"

"Get those cages unlocked." Halt said. "We need to get out of here soon, you don't want to be here if the hunter comes back. Believe me." He quickly started to pick the locks on the cages, but it was a slow process.

Lena smiled at the Skuntank- "You're a trainer right?" a sudden idea sparked inside of her. It had been a while since her last trainer battle, all the way back on the ship and she knew that Woobat was swarming with energy. "How about a battle?" she requested.

Riley's face lit up with a competitive grin. "Sure! I've been itching for some friendly competition since I got here. How many Pokemon?" Leer bounced in excitement at the idea.

Lena's smile widened, "One on One how about it?" she grinned. Woobat flew about excitedly and rubbed against Lena in a gesture of appreciation, Lena giggled at her pokemon before nodding at Woobat who flew ahead of her in a battle formation. They were far enough from the path to make a make-shirt battlefield right there. "I'll be using Woobat." she nodded.

Zephy stuck her whole head out off the side of a fast-moving boat as it came into dock at a harbor on Sinel island. She poked both of her hands into the water and let out a cheerful yell before feeling the soft patter of paws climb up her body. "No doubt about it Spark, this is where I'm gonna take the trials and win!" she grinned before running to the head of the boat and jumping off despite the captain's yelling, she the watched Spark leap from her shoulder's the the ground so the electric rodent could run beside her.

Last edited:
Kai began unlocking cages. He then was hit in the back. "Gahh" he said, turning around. The trapinch was sitting their, ready for a fight. "Trapinch...buddy...dont move....." kai said. Trapinch looked at him with an odd look. Kai took off his glasses and kneeled down. "Come here" The trapinch did as he said.

"I think that may be our que to leave. We should contact authorities. Lets scram." Halt said to Kai, as he went back up the stairs. "Hurry up dude." Glaceon slipped between Halts legs and raced up to the door.

Kai put its hand on trapinches head. "Dont move ok buddy" Trapinch nodded in agreement. He then reached for the collar.
Trapinch wimperd, but then, calmed once kai touched the collor. the then uncliped the collar.

"Yo, I don't want to leave you. So, if you could please hurry it up?" Halt called down. "You can take your friend with you, but I must say, you don't want to be down there when the bounty hunter gets back." He opens the door. "Im leaving, with or without you. I have no interest in being down there."

"Well I do" kai snapped back. "hurry trapinch come on" he said to the Pokemon.
"You two arnt going anywhere, and, kid, im no bounty hunter" said a man in a weird grey and black uniform. He was 17, and his face was coverd by gogles.

"Well, if your no bounty hunter, then why wear clothes that people thought sucked in the 60s?" Halt replied to the person, joking his way through it. Glaceon was behind the man, waiting for a sneak attack, but Halt had to keep up a distraction. "I mean, seriously. If your part of like a gang, tell the boss the clothes are uglier than your mom." He said, throwing in a mom insult. He signaled Glaceon to ice beam the man if he made an attack on Halt.

"Listin, my pokemon here" kai said, pointing to trapinch. "this pokemon said you kidnapped these pokemon for your evil team." he finished.
the trapinch growled.
"Kid, that pest is weak, the boss was going to sell him anyway"

Halt gave a quick jerk of his head to tell Kai to move over some. Hoping he got the message, Halt gave a thumbs up to Glaceon, who backed up some. She lept forward, and blasted an Ice beam on the back of his neck, causing him to fall unconscious, right next to Kai. "Now, do you understand why you don't hang round these places?" Halt told Kai, while exiting the small cave under the shed.

"I know way more about this junk than you think I do. Just to tell you, my father was a bounty hunter. He knew all about stealing, and hurting. I know how these people are, and I do not like being in those places." Halt turned away, and walked back to the pokemon center. "Don't ever tell me I don't know something. There's a reason why I travel around like I do." And the rest of the walk back, Halt stayed silent.

"Then I persume you know that Pokemon have a mental ability in which I can use to cummuncate with them, its an ability only given to the one who is supposed to save and protect the pokemon world. only one person every 1,000 years has it" Kai said, laughing in his face as trapinch jumped to his shoulders

"One-on-one works for me!" Riley cheered. "So a Woobat? Alright Leer. Let's do this!" Leer jumped forward and crouched down, ready for the battle to ensue. "Best of luck!"

Who should win?))

Lena grinned as she fixed her stand slightly and positioned the Sewaddle so it was hanging over her shoulder. "As to you." she tipped her head before fastening her grip. Let's start this off with Confusion!" she cheered to her bat-like pokemon who spun around before shooting a wave of purple vibrations at her opponent.

Zephy raced until her legs throbbed an she starred up at the buildings of a city, "There it is Spark! The begging of our adventure." she nodded befor enarrowing her bright blue gaze, she then scooped the shiny electric type into her arms and continued forwards. 'Where to go..." she muttered to herself before deciding that she should scout out the pokemon center, she knew it would come in handy later.

// I'm not sure... Maybe let's see how this goes then decide?

Riley smirked as Woobat launched its attack. Leer didn't even budge as the attack hit him. The Poison and Dark typing was almost perfect for this battle. "Alright Leer! Use Toxic!"

I'll let you win, it makes since due to type advantage- but it'll be a close battle)

Lena raked her mind for the reason that her attack was ineffective. Unable to avoid the fumes that spread from it's opponent the Woobat was forced to absorb the attack and sputtered the poison slightly. With a huff Lena though before pointing at the Skuntank, "Gust now, let's go!" she commanded in which Woobat fluttered her wings to create a strong build-up of winds.

// Fine by me!

Riley responded quickly, "Okay, Leer! Take the Gust and use Night Slash!" Leer flinched at the whiplash of winds but recovered quickly to dash forward. It threw itself against the opposing Woobat as darkness swelled around his paws. Leer raked its misty claws against Woobat and jumped back to safety.

"Careful-" Lena's plea was too late as Woobat was struck with another hit and sent flying backwards. Catching herself, Woobat corrected her posture and spread her wings on slightly, Lena wasn't sure what to do next. "Alright now Woobat, Air cutter!" she called out as the Woobat nodded and flew up. The pokemon then dove towards her opponent and flew past him causing the whips of air that her wings had collected to slash towards it.

Zephy's gaze went hallow at the sight of to bickering teens, she assumed they were both trainers but didn't have a clue as to why they were fighting. Peeling her gaze away from the scene she walked into the pokemon center and watched Spark jumped from her shoulder to the counter, "No healing necessary, just looking around." Zephy shrugged- the nurse gaze her a confused glance in response but nodded before handing the round pokemon a treat.

The slashes of air hit Leer and sent him flying backwards. 'I think I can win this if I keep my distance...' Riley thought. "We've got this! Use Flamethrower!" Leer obeyed and threw red-hot flames onto the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.