• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Adventures on Sinel Island!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Rules are just your basic overarching Pokecharms RP rules. Nothing special. Also- https://pokecharms.com/threads/sinel-island-thread.17744/]

Welcome to Sinel Island! We on Sinel enjoy a relaxed atmosphere, with plenty of fun times every day. To the north we have the bustling Unova region, so it's always nice to come here for rest and relaxation. But is resting isn't your style, there are plenty of exciting things to do on the island. One of these things is the Sinel Island Challenge. This is a well known challenge, where trainers must go through Five Trials. The Trials all have themes. The Trials are as follows: The People of Sinel, the Nature of Sinel, the Beach of Sinel, the Volcano of Sinel, and the Sea of Sinel. As you can probably guess, these Trials center around a core aspect of Sinel Island culture. Once you complete the Trials, you can compete in the Sinel Tournament. The winner of the Tournament is crowned Island Chief until the next year's Tournament. If battling isn't your style, enjoy multiple cooking competitions in various locations around the island. Or visit the breathtaking areas of Sinel for great photography. Or perhaps you just want to explore! There's plenty to see here on Sinel! From the crystal clear waters, to the bright white beaches, to the small island town, or even the large volcano in the center of the Island! Whatever you do, enjoy your stay on Sinel!

Grant Stoll looked up from the travel guide, and grinned.
"Alrighty then," he said, stepping off of the bridge that connected Sinel Island to Nuvema Town. He breathed in the salty ocean air. Yep. This was paradise.
"Ele ele!" Grant's buddy Volt the Elekid yelled in a synthesized voice. He was happy to be here.
"So what do you say we head into town and get something to eat?" Grant asked, flipping to a page with a map, and tracing his way to the small town inland. Volt nodded. So Grant and Volt walked towards the town with their spirits high.

At the town entrance stood the team leader with his team close behind him. He looks around at all of the people and their Pokemon in the town square. "Hmm this can't be right…" He looks around confused looking at his holographic map.

Lena frowned as she twisted her map yet again hoping to get a perspective as to where she was. Suddenly a pokemon snatched it form her hands and flew up just out of reach, "Woobat! Give it back do you wanna be stuck in this forest all day!" she huffed as the pokemon gave a snicker. He was a pain-in-the-butt, but he was her partner. "Come on, let's check this way-" she huffed allowing her companion to carry the map behind her as she finally found the beach after what seemed like hours. A grin spread across her features at the sight of the beach and not before long she flung her shoes off and raced towards the water leaving Woobat to drop the navigator paper and follow her.
Lena smiled as a waterfall of the freezing sea was poured on her from Woobat's Physcic. "Hey, come back here!" she called as she chased playfully after the mischievous pokemon and attempted to splash it's hovering body. After tiring themselves out Lena remembered that she hadn't brought a towel, or extra pair of clothes and let out a miserable sigh- "Guess we're staying at the pokemon center for the night." how could she have left a whole backpack in the woods? With her money and food inside, all she had was the spare pokeballs on her belt and a cell-phone.
"Woo?" her companion inquired causing the trainer to shrug,
"I'm fine really, it's not that cold." she smiled as she rang out her damp hair and made her way towards the city despite her soaked clothes. Suddenly a wild pokemon jumped out at the girl causing her to gasp and defend her face although it ended up just hugging her body. She determined the pokemon as a beat up Sewaddle. The small bug-type whimpered when Lena picked it up and at seeing her smile popped it's head back into it's hood. "Oh gosh, I didn't mean to scare ya!" the girl exclaimed before sighing, "Let's get you to a pokemon center." she nodded.

Last edited:
Grant and Volt reached the town. They saw the large red dome signaling the Pokemon Center, and walked towards it until they entered the town. There, he saw a girl carrying a hurt Sewaddle.
"Poor thing," Grant sighed, "I wonder what happened to it."
"Ele," Volt shrugged. Grant squinted to get a closer look at the Sewaddle. There were cuts and bruises all over it. Had it been in a battle?
"Wow, she must be a really bad trainer if she let it get beat up that bad," Grant muttered under his breath, hoping the girl wouldn't hear. But he was never very good at whispering...

"Come on, keep up!" Halt called back to his pokemon. They were running down a beach, but Dratini was swimming with them in the sea. Soon, they found a small alcove in the rock they found last year at the tournament. They called it The Cave Cavern. Or CC for short. Thats where they found Dratini. "The tournament doesn't start for a while, so best we spend this time having fun, am I right?" He said to his pokemon, and they all raced out to swim in the water.

Kai looked around the island. "H..hello," he said shyly when he heard the voice of another. On his belt, he had 1 Pokeball, which is the Pokemon he had just received. His feet crunched through the grass as he walked through a rainforest of sorts. His glasses were wet from the fog, and he almost tripped on a tree root. He then heard a crunch of leaves behind him. He grabbed his Pokeball. "whose there" he said.
pokemon_trainer_kai_by_ravenide-d9esgob.png

Lena looked up at Woobat who fly up in search for the pokecenter before a distant mutter caught her attention. Although it was obvious the boy's comment was focused on her, she had failed to make out whatever he had said. However, Woobat's large ears had connected to the stranger's words and she turned around with a spur before floating towards the male in a defensive spit of 'Woo's and bat's' and repetition of her name. Lena, who didn't understand her pokemon's rage gasped and followed after her partner before grabbing the Woobat from the air and placing a hand over her partner's mouth while still keeping a grasp on Sewaddle with the other hand.
"I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed, before noticing the boy electric pokemon and smiling- "You're a trainer aren't you? My name's Lena, I was wondering if you would know where a pokemon center was. I found this Sewaddle and he seems pretty beat up-" after noticing she was rambling Lena giggled. For a trainer she was rather naive although it's never gotten the best of her. She released Woobat who glared at the boy through hidden eyes before flying behind her trainer.

Kai walked through the forest. "Finally!" he said as he saw a Pokemon center. He walked inside and gave his Pokeball to nurse joy. He then sat at a table. he places his pack next to him as he was given food from nurse joy. "even humans need food" she told Kai. "Thanks, nurse joy," he said to her. He ate the food like he has never eaten anything before.

"The Center is right here," Grant said, putting his hand on the white wall of the Pokemon Center. Obviously this girl was a rookie.
He eyed the Woobat warily, and Volt clenched his fists, in case the Pokemon tried anything tricky.

Kai sat waiting for his Pokemon. He looked out the window and saw a boy and a girl talking. "hmm" he thought to himself. He just sat, pushed up his glasses and ate while he awaited his Pokemon return.

Halt walked back into the pokemon center. "Looks like it's time to eat!" He said over to his partner. Walking over to a table with a boy wearing glasses. "Whats going on?" Halt asked the boy sitting there. "Names Halt, and this is Glaceon. What's yours?"

Kai looked at him. He pushed his glasses up. "I...im kai. my Pokemon in the center," he told the friendly boy. "if you want I can move so you can sit" Kai said. Kai was afraid that hed be picked on again. he grabbed his bag and began to get up.

Halt put his hand down on his shoulder. "No, you can stay. Its alright." He said with a small grin. He doesn't express much emotion around people compared to pokemon. "What pokemon do you have? I have a Chimchar and a Dratini." Halt asked as he pulled around a chair.

"I only have one. it's a torch. just got it yesterday" Kai told the boy sitting back down. "It was hurt when I found it so now it's here." Kai opened his bag and took out some food. "W...would you like some" he offered. He bit into the burger and drank from a moomoo milk bottle.

"Nah, I got my own stuff. So you have a Torchic, so your from, let me guess, Hoenn." Halt pulled out a sandwich, and some pokemon food. He released his other two pokemon, chimchar who directly raced for the food to eat with Glaceon, and Dratini, who wrapped herself around Halts body. "Im from Sinnoh, but travel around different regions to partake in competitions. Like the one here."

"Well, my grandparents are from hoenn...im from alola" Kai corrected the man. He sighs, then took a bite of his food. His name was then called at the desk. kai retrieved his Pokemon from the nurse and sat back down. Torchic came out of the ball. "torchic tor" the torchic said, peaking at the pokefood.

Halt looked at the Torchic. He took out some more pokefood, and slid it over to the Torchic. "You ever tried to catch any other pokemon yet? I could help you. I came here last year and learned some amazing spots for catching pokemon." He grinned big, since he was talking about pokemon, his favorite thing to talk about.

Lena gasped at the boy's response before sheepishly rubbing the back of her head, "Oh wow! Close than I had expected-" she muttered the last part. As the Sewaddle shivered Lena realized with sudden urgency that she should get going, "Thanks-" she paused trying to recall the boys name before giggling at herself- he never had introduced himself. "Oh um, I never got your name-" she commented as she began to turn towards the entrance of the pokeceter.

"Grant," Grant smiled.
Volt jumped in front of Grant, and stuck out his hand, saying, "Elekid."
"This is Volt."
Grant followed Lena into the Center.

"Well...I got him yesterday" Kai explained. "I haven't battled yet, nor have I even earned a badge," he told his friend. He looked at a Pokeball on his friend's belt. "Dritinie is in their correct," he said.

Lena tipped her head before nodding, she even shook the Elekid's hand. Walking into the pokemon center, her eyes scanned the room in search of a nurse and she missed the nurse who sat patiently at the desk several times before noticing the woman and dashing towards her. Lena pried off the shaken bug type form her shirt and handed it to the nurse who frowned at the pokemon's condition but took the Sewaddle in a brisk motion and called back over her shoulder, "Please wait a moment.". Lena nodded as Woobat perched on her shoulder and she giggled playfully tapping the pokemon's nose.

* Arrives on Sinel Islands *
George:"These islands seem to be a great place to start a gym, don't you think Herdier?"
Herdier:"Herdier!" * runs around playfully*
George:" Yes this is the island"

[The legend of pika, please work on grammar... Sir George, I don't even know what you're trying to do with your format...]

Grant turned away from the Center, and headed towards the center of the town, where there was supposed to be a large pond that the villagers held fishing competitions in. Being from Virbank City, Grant didn't have much experience fishing. The waters off Virbank were too toxic for fish to live in. So maybe Grant would hone his skills here. He headed to the pond, and searched for any other tourist-y looking figures.

(ok)
Kai looked at torchic while it was eating its Pokefood. "you know, I have a soft spot for dragon types. Torchic is my starter. My quest is to become the legendary trainer" Kai told the boy shyly

"Nice, im looking to be something similar. I want to challenge the gyms and win them all. My quest is to become in an elite four one day. Never been looking up do being the very best. That way, I always have someone to compare me to." Hale raised his arm out over to Kai, and Dratini slithered(?) Around it over to Kai. "Here, you can pet her, she's nice when not battling. I caught her here you know. Last year."

"really?" Kai said, petting the Pokemon gently. Torchic and dratini became quick friends and went to play in the par section of the center. "I have not battled yet," Kai said.

"You want to? It seems like your Torchic does." Halt turned over to the area. "But I don't think the pokemon center is a good place. I know a better one." He turned back to Kai. "Its a walk, but it's worth it." He winked as he said the next part. "You might be able to catch another pokemon as we walk," Halt said as he rolled over a great ball.

"Alright, ill go" Kai said, grabbing his backpack. He then returned torchic to his Pokeball and began to get up.
"You know....I've never had a friend before" Kai exclaimed. "in key town, its everyone for themselves..."

"Eh, you haven't been alone if you never been chased by a mamoswine." He said, picking up his own bag, and returning Monferno and Dratini. Glaceon ran up onto Halts backpack. "Why dont you let Torchic walk with us? Its common for pokemon to walk with their trainers." He said as he exited the pokemon center.

"o..ok, Torchic, come out buddy!" Kai yelled throwing a Pokeball into the air, releasing torchic.
"tor torchic," the Pokemon said.
"hey, buddy wanna hop on my shoulder" kai offered. torchic nodded and jumped onto his shoulder happily.
giphy.gif

(I don't think your allowed to use those pictures.)
He walked over to a few bushes before a forest. "Watch closely, and make sure you follow me exactly." Halt then lept through the bushes into what seems like a solid wall of vines. From there, he ran across a small path he formed, leading right to his cavern. In minutes he made it, and stood waiting for Kai.

(i made that one)
"what will happen if I..you know...dont exactly fallow you," kai asked.
"torchic," his Pokemon said cerously.
Kai held his bag strap with one over his shoulder and the other just hanging, he then pushed up his glasses with the other.

Halt, hearing the question, called back, "You may be lost for the next three days." He let down Glaceon. "Walk with him to make sure he gets here fine." And Glaceon bounded back to Kai to show him the way.

Kai looked at the beautiful scenery around him. "I've only seen this in dreams. key town is basically a gang-controlled town, with gang wars 24/7" Kai told Halt. Torchic was now talking to glaceon.
"tor torchic," the Pokemon said.

"Eh, well it could be controled by team plasma. But who's keeping track?" He walked over to an open field before a cavern. "Here we are!"

"Woah..." Kai was shocked by his new-found surroundings. He then walked to the right side of the field. "Ok...you ready?" he asked.
Torchic jumped with excitement. he was ready for battle.

"How about." Halt said, as he threw out Dratini. "You can take the first move, cause your new." He said looking at him with a new look in his eyes. The look of readiness.

Dratini just sat there, as the ember attack hit, and did nothing. "Hey, Kai? You do know that Dratini resists fire attacks? Dragon Rage!" Called Halt, and Dratini stood up on its tail, and shot a purple and black beam at Torchic.

A shocked expression came across Kais face. "Torchic no!" kai said as torchic was hit.
On the brink of defeat, torchic stood up. "t...tor" the pokemon said with determanation. "ok...torchic Headbutt!" kai commanded as torchic charged at the dragon pokemon.
something was watching from inside the cavern....

Status
Not open for further replies.