• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Adventure In The Kanto Area. RP.

Ridley was up early, as usual, taking snapshots of how Pallet Town looked in the sunlight. At her feet, Barry was inquisitively studying a flower, intrigued by it- his dim-witted-ness showing quite clearly in his distraction. He poked Ridley's leg, tilting his head and making a peculiar chirping sound. In response, Ridley looked, seeing how enthusiastic the Treecko looked about the flower. "Fine. I'll take a picture. It'll look pretty in this light, anyways," she murmured, smiling and crouching to take a picture, She got at a low angle so that the sallow morning sunlight was filtered through the petals. She snapped a picture, the catching the polaroid as it printed, holding it up to the sun and letting the picture fade to a tangible state. "Whaddaya think, Barry?" she asked the Treecko, who in response cheered his approval.

Rilo and his Charmander woke up one morning, They decided to go train and catch new Pokémon. They walked into a wood and suddenly, a egg tapped his foot.
"Huh?" Questioned Rilo.
The egg kept tapping on his foot so he decided to pick it up and look after it.

Caspar woke up like usual in the morning, but this wasn't a usual morning; after visiting his grandparents in Hoenn they gave him an Electrike and now he was eager to go out with his first pokemon and battle other trainers like he had seen on TV. He jumped out of bed like a madman, put on his clothes and took his pokeball with him.
After swiftly eating his breakfast, he rushed out of Viridian City. He knew, to the south, there were lots of pokemon to catch. After a lil' while he crossed another trainers path. "Hey uh, do you perhaps want to battle? I'm Caspar!"

( Are you speaking to my Character ? If your not I will delete this post )
"Why Not! I'm Rilo!" He shouted,
"Don't think your gonna win!" He said,
"Go Charmander!" He Screamed.

Charmander looked ready for battle also did Rilo Who's gonna win?

Bailey was taking a walk through the Route's, occasionally talking to his pokemon. He came across a Pidgey. "Hm? Alrighty. My first catch." He drew out the pokeball on his waist. "Alright, I choose you, Saur!" The Bulbasaur shoots out the pokeball.
"Tackle!" Bulbasaur quickly runs at his foe and slams his body into it.
Pidgey does the same.
"Use Growl!" Bulbasaur let out a growl. It was kinda cute.
Pidgey followed up with another tackle but Saur jumped over it. "Now, Tackle!" Bulbasaur nods and landed on the dirt and slammed a tackle into Pidgey. "Go, Pokeball!" The trainer throws a pokeball. It hits Pidgey's head and a red light pulled it in. One shake...Two shakes...three. Click! It stayed in.

(Yeah I said to whoever would answer first)
"Okay, Electrike, c'mon out for battle! Electrike, use your quick attack", he shouted.
"My, my, two young people battling each other with such determination. That surely reminds me about the rivalry between my grandson and that other boy when they started their journey!"
"And who might you be?" Caspar questioned.
"I'm prof. Oak, but everyone calls me the pokemon professor."

The girl strolled out of Pallet Town with Barry at her heels, running ahead. The Treecko noticed a Pokéball shaking up ahead, and began to bolt for it, curious to investigate. "HEY, BARRY! WAIT!!" she called, beginning to jog after the Treecko- but, her partner was long gone. Barry saw a boy with a Bulbasaur, who had obviously just caught something- and, he ran to where the Pokéball sat, sniffing at it curiously.

He picked up his pokeball. "Uh excuse me, your Treecko is sniffing my pokeball." He said, a little curiosity in his voice. Bulbasaur growled (not the attack just a literal growl) at Treecko, almost a warning. "Bulba Bulba!" He said, he was hopping mad. He delivered a tackle, running back to his trainer. Saur, calm down."

Charmander would jump over the attack use Ember.
"That's what I like to see!" shouted Rilo.
Charmander smiled at Rilo.
"Always friendly." he said
"Char char!" Shouted Charmander eager to continue the battle.

Ridley caught up, her cutching her camera. "Barry!" she scolded, "Come back here!" The Treecko did as he was told, running back to his trainer in embarassment. She heaved a sigh, walking closer to the boy and his Bulbasaur. "Sorry, dude." she murmured, shaking her head. "Barry's really curious, and... a little bit dumb." The Treecko, of course, was no longer paying attention, having been distracted by a dewdrop that had fallen from a leaf, of which he was staring intently at.

"Electrike, are you ok?" Electrike nodded, the fire attack had done just little damage to the pokemon's paw. Is this what battling felt like? Caspar already felt a much better connection with his Electrike, although just obtaining it two weeks ago.
"We're just getting started, Electrike use your howl and then a thunder wave!" As Electrike followed its trainer's orders, Caspar saw Prof. Oak observing them closely. He couldn't lose, not with the great pokemon professor looking at him and, suddenly, he felt confident. "You can do this Electrike" he shouted as Electrike send a quick jolt to the opposing Charmander, attempting to paralyze it.

Charmander was hit by the attack doing a slight bit of damage put no paralyse.
"Charmander use Flamethrower." He shouted
The flamethrower burned some trees around them and might of hit the opponent.

Caspar reacted fast, "use charge beam, Electrike!" The two attacks collided and a burst of energy exploded leaving both sides blinded by the smoke. "Electrike, finish it off with your quick attack." Electrike tried speeding, but suddenly fell to the ground; the burnt spot on its paw stopped it in his tracks. "Electrike, can you go on?!" Electrike tried, and fell to the ground. He tried again and now he stould on his 4 feet again, shaking from side to side however. "Use another full power charge beam!"
(Since there is no discussion page, I'll just say it here, @Riloap you can finish the battle in your next post if you'd like, or if you find this battle becoming to lenghty)

"It's fine. I was just shocked to see a Treecko in these parts." He gave a friendly smile. "Anyway, I'm Bailey, honored to meet you and Barry. This is Saur and my new pokemon, Jet." Pidgey flapped his wings and Saur cooed softly. Bulbasaur was wearing a red scarf while Pidgey rocked a blue scarf. "I use scarfs to tell my pokemon apart from others."

(Yeah I think we should make it a Draw)
"Use Ember!" Rilo Shouted. The attacks collided again! The Professor was Surprised how could these Pokémon be so strong! The Explosion was sure to take out both of them. Charmander fainted. So did Elektrike ( If you don't want elektrike to faint then I will edit it)

(It's fine it would've been unfair otherwise)
A long moment of utter silence was suddenly interrupted by an applause. Prof. Oak was smiling, "I really am impressed", he said, "the fierceness of your battle was quite amazing. If you'd like I would like you both to accompany me to my Pokemon lab where I could heal your Pokemon and perhaps offer you a pokedex?"
Caspar returned his Electrike to it's pokeball and stook out his hand to the other trainer. "That was a good battle, your Charmander really impressed me. Shall we go to the lab or do our paths split here?"

The offer of healing Rilo's pokemon was tempting but he already had a pokedex and could just head to the Pokémon Centre in Viridan.
"No thanks." Declined Rilo
"I already have a Pokedex." He said
"And I can just go to the Pokémon Centre to heal up." He continued.
Rilo Headed off to Viridan.

After obtaining a pokedex and getting Electrike healed, Caspar also got a poketch and some pokeballs from Professor Oak. After that he found himself back on Route 1 and now he was searching for pokemon to catch there.
After a while he spotted a Spearow eating a berry in a bush. "Electrike, I choose you!" He shouted. The Spearow had not yet noticed them. "Use quick attack", Caspar demanded, but it was too slow; Spearow flew up and hit back hardwith a fury attack. "Electrike, charge beam!" The Spearow avoided with lightning fast speed and the attack hit a tree behind them. How could Caspar defeat a Spearow with such speed?

Last edited:
After healing his Pokémon , Rilo looked in his bag checking on the egg. It was slightly cracked, surely it is close to hatching! Rilo wondered what he would get from the egg.
Rilo went outside to a surprise, there was a baby Nidoran male. The nidoran sniffed his feet and tackled his bag. All Rilos Pokeballs fell out, the Nidoran touched one of the Pokeballs .
Ding Ding Ding. Caught. Nidoran was added to the Poke dex.
Rilo was very happy he decided to go train straight away ( ok guys don't do badges yet we should do them at around the same time I will say when we can start getting badges)

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Mark got up,and changed,getting ready to go out. "Another day,another adventure,now that Uncle Ethan gave me a Larvitar. He also gave me a new Pokegear."He said to himself. "Mark,There's something for you!"His Mom called him down. "What is i-" He asked her as he went down the stairs,only to hear the door slam. He opened the wrapped gift,and read the message."Mark,I want you to go on an adventure. I know you recently recieved a Pokemon,but you might need these. -Prof. Oak" Mark opened the package,to find an egg and a Pokedex. "Mom probably already knows,I should get going."He thought. He stepped out of the house-Viridian City. Pewter,here I come! Maybe I should get a few Potions first...."

(And also,isn't there that one person where they're a bit ahead,or should they get there,and just train?)

Last edited:
(Just train)
While training his new nidoran he caught his egg started to rattle quickly, he got the egg out of the bag and stroked it. The egg cracked and he could see a tiny glimpse of a grey Pokémon , he saw big fluffy ears inside.
"Ee!" Shouted the Pokémon as it busted out of the egg.
It turns out it was a female eevee! And it was shiny!
"Hi?" said Rilo
"Eevee!" Squeaked Eevee
"Can I catch you." Rilo said as he slowly reached for his Poke ball.
"Eevee!" Replied Eevee Happily.
He threw the pokeball at her.

Ding ding ding
Another capture!

The Spearow attacked with a peck attack but Caspar was prepared this time. He waited untill the last second, "Use thunder wave!" Spearow fell down paralyzed. "Follow up with a quick attack" It hit full power and Spearow was defeated. He threw a pokeball. It shook 3 times and it was caught. "Yeah, we caught our first pokemon, great job Electrike!" After reading the newly found information on Spearow, Caspar found his way to Viridian City again, battling a few trainers on the way. After a good night rest at home he'd be ready for the next challenges on his way.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Thanks,have a good day!" Mark told the shopkeeper. He sat down near the lake,and casted his Good Rod. "A catch already? Let's see..." He dragged out the line slowly,and a tired Poliwag emerged. "You're going to need some care,little guy.." Mark said as he held the Pokémon in his hands. He used a Super Potion,and it was good as new. Mark caught it,named it Poli and headed to Pewter.

(You can get your first badge now)
After catching his shiny Eevee , Rilo was desperate to catch another specific Pokémon . He wanted to catch a water type. He pulled out his fishing rod which his dad gave him, and unravelled it with a splash. After a lot of bad luck, Rilo finally got a bite, He pulled out the rod and the Hopefully to be a Pokémon out of the water. The Pokémon he unravelled seemed to be a Magikarp.
"Aww, A Magikarp?" Mumbled Rilo. His 3 Pokémon reminded him of what Magikarp evolves into. Rilo understood what they meant very quickly so he jumped with joy!
"OH YEAH!" Shouted Rilo.

Rilo Threw his Pokeball at the Magikarp with a curve.
Ding! Ding ! Ding!
CAUGHT!

Whilst tearing through bug catchers in the maze that Viridian Forest was, Caspar discovered a little pond and decided to rest out a bit. "Spearow, Electrike, come out!"
There were a few water type Pokémon playing and relaxing in the pond and suddenly Caspar thought of something; Brock was a rock type gym leader and a water type sure would help to defeat him, and then he spot a Krabby. Strange, what was a sea Pokemon doing in a forest like this. He decided to catch it because it didn't seem very comforted in the small pond.
"Hey Krabby, do you want to come along? I'm travelling towards the sea, you'll be happier there!" The Krabby thought about this for a second, then nodded. It tapped on the button of the pokéball. It shook only once. "Yeah, I've caught a Krabby!"

While travelling through Viridan forest , Rilo wanted to now catch a Bug type Pokémon. He spotted a Scyther buzzing around the berries and feeding on them, Rilo sent out his Charmander like a bullet.
"Charmander use Ember!" Shouted Rilo.
The Scyther swiped to the left dodging the attack and used X-Scissor hitting charmander.
Charmander was low but suddenly, he evolved into charmeleon!
"Charmeleon smokescreen then Flamethrower." Shouted Rilo.
Scyther was blinded then hit by the attack.
"GO POKEBALL." SHOUTED RILO.
Ding ding ding, caught .

Rilo finally made it to Pewter , he was waiting for casper to arrive so they could have a battle before getting a badge.

With his newly caught Krabby, Caspar felt very confident about the upcoming gym battle. As he decided that the bug catchers were no match for his Pokémon he left Viridian Forest and reached the gateway to Pewter City. "I still need a good test before Brock", he thought while exceeding through the gate. Arriving in Pewter he spotted Rilo again. "Hmm, what do you think Electrike", he said to his Pokémon who was walking alongside him, "shall we challenge Rilo to another battle?" "Elec, Electrike!", the Pokémon said with joy. "I'll take that as a yes."

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
(K then)
On the way,Mark trained up Poli to Level 10."Pewter..Time to get my first badge!"
Mark went into the gym,and easily deafeated Brock with Poli.

"Hey casper!" shouted Rilo, he sent out his charmeleon.
"Another battle?" he challenged.
"I need to smoothen my Pokémon before fighting brock!" he Shouted.
He and his charmeleon bursted with excitement.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
As Mark was headed to Mt.Moon, he saw two trainers, who looked like they were going to battle. "Let's see what they're up to....". He approached them without being seen,and watched the battle.

"I'm always ready for a battle, and besides, my pokémon could use some good training as well", Caspar said as he sent out his Electrike. "Let's say a three on three battle?" He asked.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Suddenly, the egg hatched! "Woah-A Magby! I do have 3 Rare Candies..." Mark fed the newborn Magby,who is called Mag. He then went to Mt.Moon,to train Tar for a bit. Maybe I should battle one of those trainers in Cerulean.."

"Of course!" replied Rilo
( Btw I know this is a one liner but by the way we are not gonna do a proper battle we are gonna use pokemon showdown do battle so when we are both on we will go on the discussion tab and ask for our usernames on showdown so it is a fair battle ) ( Sorry for breaking poke charms rules )