• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Adventure In Sinnoh

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"You found the page?" Said Zipz as Rockruff was jumping at the Lucario and Barking "And yes my family has had some run-ins with legends but never caught one"
"Ruff! Rockruff!" Said Rockruff happy "Ruff! Ruff!"
"Chinchou! Chin" Said Chinchou as he played with the water inside his bucket
"I also never caught your name" Said Zipz "What is it?"

"Night...Night 'Wolf' Smith," I helped finished the Sinnoh Dex for Rowan and now I am helping him study these pokemon that may be able to use Mega Evolution, which is a very scary thought." Wolf study the page as his Lucario picked up the Rockruff smiling at it. "This book is amazing! It tells of Giratina's return, Darkrai's Revenge and even about how they are related somewhere."

"How did the run-ins go for your family?"

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
"Eh...Lets say.."Not very good" " Said Zipz "Well gotta go train! See you later! Mabye next time we meet we can battle!" Said Zipz as he stood up and pushed in the chair "You can keep the book" Said Zipz then he picked up the Rockruff lucario was holding and the water pail holding his chinchou and exited through the front door

Wolf blicked a few times then looked at his Lucario, shrugging. "I don't know Lucario, this book is real, but that boy..."

He sighs looking through the book with his Lucario cleaning up the mess of books he made. "Thanks, boy."

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Ahem.

I'm going to have to stop you all right here - temporarily at least, I'm not closing the thread - because clearly some of you need a refresher on the RP forum rules.

First of all, posts must be third person, past tense, story format, and be at least one paragraph long. Night 'Wolf' Smith - your posts seem to have recently fallen into present tense and that is not acceptable.

Second - remember that forcing hits is a form of autoing. You can launch an attack at another person's character, but it's up to that other person to decide if the attack hit, not you. I've received a report that Zipz has been doing this occasionally - be more aware of this. Also, please do not throw in OOC garbage in the middle of a post. Think of RP as writing a book with other people. When was the last time you saw a book where right in the middle of the action, the Author randomly blathers on about their own insignificant school and/or home life? Most likely never. There is a reason for that.

Lastly, the involvement of Legendary Pokemon in characters' backstories must be cleared with staff BEFORE it is written about. Since you were very vague about which family members it was and what legendaries they may have encountered there's a certain bit of plausible deniability here, but if you have any specifics in mind, you will need to get them cleared and approved before turning them into a thing.

Same goes for Mega Evolution. Knowing about it is fine. Actually trying to make it into a plot point requires staff approval.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
No worries. Just make sure you follow the rules and be mindful of these sort of things from now on. That goes for everyone else as well, naturally!

Right. Back on topic, folks.

Sam raised an eyebrow when the boy with dark hair said to her that too much knowledge wasn’t good. “I barely come here, ya know!” She said back and stuffed her nose back into her book. Samantha didn’t bother listening to any conversation of the two guys at all.

Samantha found a paragraph in the guide she found about the move “Attract.” Just what she had needed. “...the move Attract is a move that a Pokemon used in battle to make the opponent fall deeply in love with them. It is quite challenging for a Pokemon to not react to the move unless it’s the same gender of the user. First, your Pokemon should try to think the consequences of falling for the user and try to steady it’s breathing. Try attacking before your Pokemon reacts to the Attract, and the Pokemon may be so content with attacking that the Attract just won’t work..” Samantha smiled.

After returning the book to its shelf, Samantha immediately returned to the vacant battlefield to see if the book was truthful. “Go Bell! Ember!” Both of the Pokemon appeared before her. “We are going to work on resisting Attract again! Bell, Attract!” The Glameow winked once more at the Monferno, and Monferno shut his eyes. “Ember, don’t shut your eyes! Try to ignore the Attract by attacking!” Ember opened his eyes, and used close combat on Bell. Bell was still a tad distracted and got hit a few times by Ember’s attacks. “Nice job! I know this training session was shorter, but it is still going to help! Return!” Samantha held out their Pokeballs, and the Pokemon transformed into red light and pulled into the Pokeballs.

Wolf looked up from his book, watching the girl leave. He too stood up and followed her out, watching her fight. "Good luck doing that the heat of a real battle." He spoke watching the Monferno get through Attract and attack the user. "You're going to have to try it in a real battle, having pokemon from the same team used for training is ineffective. I mean if you want we can battle,but that's up to you if you think you can handle my team."

He shrugged and started to walk off.

(Admin edit: Watch your tenses.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zipz

Previously Possibilit
After a few days of training and catching a Cyndaquil and a few Pokemon Zipz went ahead and got his third gym badge and was heading towards his fourth gym badge "Huh. Now that I think about I kinda want to get a Pichu" Said Zipz as he was trying to catch a Starly "I'm gonna get a Pichu!"
"Chinchou!" Said Chinchou loudly "Chin!"
"Ruff ruff!" Said Rockruff "Rockruff!"
"Skarmory!"" Said Scarmory "Skar!"
"Cyndaquil!" Said Cyndaquil "Cynda!"
"Vulpix!" Said Alola Vulpix "Pix!"
"I Know your excited Cyndaquil, Chichou, Rockruff, Skarmory, And Vulpix! I think Rockruff and Cyndaquil are the most excited though cause they are after all going to evolve soon. Vulpix your gonna have to wait until we find a Ice stone!" Said Zipz as he was still trying to catch the Starly "Yes! I got a Starly! Now that I think about it I haven't caught one yet... Oh well!" (Sorry I haven't been on :/ )

Last edited: