• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Adventure In Sinnoh

Stror gave a thumbs up, hearing Meowth actually knows a Water-Type move. He thought for a moment, his face looking stern in concentration before finally breaking into his smile.

"Well, there are several Grass- and Water-Types nearby. Psyduck in Ravaged Path on Route 204, Seedot, Lotad, Sunkern, and Budew on Route 204 and Seedot, Lotad, and very rarely Cubone on Route 203. If you have a strong fishing rod, then Goldeen in the nearby ponds and lakes. Although, I would question why you'd put a fish on a purely craggy battlefield. That's all I know of the area around here. Thank god for homeschooling. Damn, I'm good," he chuckled when he was done, amusement in his eyes.

Chet smiled at Tsubaki. "You're right about that!" Chet eyed Dollar for a bit. Thinking back to his move-centered classes in school, he remembered that Murkrow can learn the powerful move Steel Wing through TM usage. That would be a great weapon against Roark's Rock-Types.

"Hey, Tsubaki," Chet began, pointing at Dollar, "If you taught Dollar Steel Wing, you would have a great wild card. Roark wouldn't see it coming!"

Chet looked down at Africa, who began to bounce in place rapidly, the caffeine taking full effect.

"I swear, you think your tiny body can handle anything," Chet commented before turning his attention back to the group as a new person with a Wimpod and Joltik joined them at the table in the cafe. Chet glanced down at his coffee mug quickly, the thought of getting another cup flashing in his mind.

I gotta remember to pick up a lot of coffee to take with me, Chet thought to himself, making a mental note.

Chet turned his attention to the new guy. "Hi there," Chet greeted, smiling, "I'm Chet Manley, and you are?"

"Yeah, there's that," she answered, "Combined with his speed, he'd be untouchable, in that gym. But still, I should probably add some more party members to my team, just so we have an even match, in terms of pokemon..."

She took a moment, to think about the possibility of adding a grass type to the team. "I'm thinking I should choose a grass type, next," she continued, "They're super effective against rock types, plus, it'll be useful in future battles, to have a pokemon that can learn moves that heal the team, or inflict status effects on the opponent. Like..."

Her eyes lit up, as she thought of the ideal pokemon. "Like a roselia!"

Stror listened in to hear about the Steel Wing strat. That would work if they had a Steel Wing TM-.... Oh. His brother when going through Johto had actually found a TM47 Steel Wing on Route 28. Maybe he can lend her that TM. He decided to chime in, his smile still very apparent on his face.

"Well, my brother has the TM from adventuring around Johto. Pretty sure we can find another Steel Wing TM around here, but once you use it, it's broken for good. Which is probably why my siblings were trying to find a way to burn the TMs data onto another CD for use. Although, they have something against piracy, so it will be a bit before they figure it out. Why do TMs and their little capsule things to force the data into the Pokemon's genetics and body so difficult and tedious to fiddle with...?" That last part was to himself as he mumbled about it. Still not too sure about the lending of a TM that could possibly be pirated. He wasn't so sure if a pirated TM or HM could work.

Chris perked when they mentioned the rock type gym leader. "hey doesn't Roark use Pokemon that were revived from fossils", Chris asked the other 5 trainers. Chris then noticed the squirtle watching them. He also noticed the Chimchar sneaking on goloso but to the chimchar's surprise goloso turned around and tied the chimchar with string shot.

The Chimchar's flaming rear end burnt the String Shot once it wrapped around him, and he giggled in his chimp way. Stror perked up when the boy had said something about Roark, and Stror nodded, remembering one of his sisters drone on and on about him and how adventurous he was. He chuckled as he retold everything he knew about Roark.

"Well, the guy is a miner, so he digs up a lot of fossils. He is the son of Byron, the Steel-Type Gym Leader in Canalave City, which is just West of here. If I remember correctly, Cranidos comes from the Skull Fossil, while Shieldon, a Rock/Steel-Type I want to have in the future, comes from the Shield Fossil. Roark's father has a Bastiodon, which is the evolved form of Shieldon. That's all I know about the two, besides them being all about digging and mining and that being a huge part in their lives. I remember some gossip from a tabloid that Roark and Byron are having issues right now, but it could just be a phase."

Tsubaki scoffed. "At least he still has a father," she sighed, "Meanwhile, I'll never know who mine is. All I know is that he's in prison, not that I wanna visit him."

Tsubaki was abandoned shortly after she was born. Her seventeen year old mother had been raped on her way home, and by the time she'd found out she was pregnant, it was too late for an abortion. So she'd given birth in a public toilet, and left Tsubaki on the floor, for something, or someone else to claim.

"But enough about that. I guess we oughta get goin', if we're gonna get to this gym!"

Stror smiled and was about to say something until he paused for a moment. He then asked Tsubaki about their little training duel. "Weren't you and Diana gonna duke it out at the fields nearby? Or is it too late for that?"

Meanwhile, Ray had woken up, rejuvenated from the sleep, he left the chair and walked over to the Squirtle, sniffing the air around him. He decided to go behind the Squirtle, the electricity now at a comparable hum or a lull as it was now quiet and Ray didn't have that much energy to spend anyway. He sniffed the Squirtle's tail, trying to discern what this strange Pokemon was. Inferno had gotten away from the Wimpod and hopped onto Stror's lap, sitting there on his leg while he looked at everyone.

The Squirtle’s tail perked up again the moment he heard the door being forcefully opened by a young trainer in scarlet red hair. Although there was a Pokémon near him, he could not help but wonder what was going on with the trainer likely in their preschooling years. The turtle Pokémon saw the boy stomping towards him while hearing him assert, “Move out ya baby squirt. This table’s for big boys only.”

The Squirtle refused to comply with the boy’s stern order, as the turtle Pokémon stuffed the notebook and pencil back in his device. The boy added, “Last chance you stupid little cripple! I’ll get my friends over if you can’t even listen to my simple words!”

The Squirtle gave no sort of response towards the boy, as the boy shoved the Squirtle against his seat! The Squirtle emitted a slight growl at the boy, as he grabbed him by his right leg and twisted it as hard as he could! The boy gave a cry of pain towards the turtle Pokémon while attempting to throw a few punches at the little Pokémon, though it was apparent that the boy was not so great with his body as he was with his voice.

The Squirtle grabbed the boy’s right arm the moment it almost struck the front part of his shell and slammed the boy on the floor! The boy wailed and pouted sullenly while limping towards the bathroom. The Squirtle grabbed his device, flipped the red switch and pressed the orange button. Several thermal signatures could be detected on the screen where the lens were aimed at. Upon closer analysis, the thermal signatures were clumped together, almost as if the person emitting them was perhaps hiding away or performing a similar action.

Knowing that everyone inside the Café would take notice of what recently went on, the Squirtle clutched his device and sprinted towards the waiter. He hastily gave the waiter a bill that had the number of a thousand on its top right corner after recalling the exact price for his drink.

The waiter nodded and took the bill the Squirtle gave while noticing the turtle Pokémon making a break for the door. There was no sign of the Squirtle in the Café seconds later.

Ruka dashed forward in the direction of Chet and Tsubaki. She was never like this. "Hey, Ruka! Wait!" She ran after her Ninetales and approached both of the trainers. "I'm so sorry, she doesn't usually do this..." Her red hair fell sort of in front of her face, but her blue eyes met the two trainers.

Chet reached out and pet the Ninetails softly on the head. He reached into his bag and gave the Pokemon one of Africa's treats, who look distraught and heartbroken at the fact.

"Oh calm down, it's not like we're out, ya crybaby," Chet chided, jokingly. Africa responded by blowing a raspberry at Chet. Chet turned his attention to the girl in front of him.

"Hi there," he said with a smile, stretching out his hand, "I'm Chet. Chet Manley. What's your name?"

"She's already walked out on me once, so, I think it's safe to say, I can't trust her to keep her word," Tsubaki answered, "So, the gyms are my next best option. With guaranteed big cash prizes for winnin', I can't go wrong!"

Tsubaki took an empty pokeball from her bag. "Especially not once I've caught my roselia. In keeping with my trend of namin' my pokemon after different kinds of money, I think I'll name it Koruna."

"Samyra Tetchali. Ruka is my partner." She took his hand, then she smiled down at the oddly coloured Ninetales. "Where are you from?? You look like you're far from home, too. Or maybe I'm wrong." She laughed, moving her long red hair behind her shoulders. Her white dress swayed in the wind. Her Pokeballs started to shake, and all of a sudden the rest of her team popped out. "Gah! Guys!" She cried, and her Gengar chucked, floating around her head.

Africa scampered up Chet's arm and perched himself on his shoulder, releasing a small growl in acknowledgment and giving a small wave at Samyra. Chet was impressed by Samyra's Pokemon; it seems she had some experience as a Trainer.

"Good to meet you, Samyra," Chet said, giving Africa a small pat, "This little guy here is Africa, my Totodile. We're from Southern Unova! Where are you from?"

Samyra smiled and stroked Africa's head gently. "Lavender Town. Everyone says it's such a creepy place but it's home to me." She moved her long hair behind her shoulder. "I miss home, but I have to say, Sinnoh is absolutely gorgeous." She looked up at Chet, and she felt her Lucario grab her hand. "Hmm? What?"

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
A few posts have been removed from this thread as it turns out that "MegaFlameZard" is a user who was previously banned and attempted to sockpuppet. Apologies if this created any continuity issues.

Chris heard Tsubaki talk about the gym and how she could earn money from it. "You do know that if you lose at a gym battle they make you pay a lot of cash. Like 10 thousand yen for losing", Chris said. Chris noticed that goloso got jumped on by the chimchar for covering it in string. galva tried to help goloso but failed. Chris also noticed the Squirtle getting bullied by someone and went to help it.

"I think I've heard of Lavender Town!" Chet said, enthusiastically. Chet remembered hearing stories about Lavender Town back home. Mostly stuff about a tower to Pokemon or something like that. Something about ghosts.

Chet scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, Sinnoh's new to me, too," he said, chuckling, "A lot different than Unova, that's for sure."

Chet turned towards the new guy. "No, you're thinking of the consolation prize for the tournament," Chet corrected, "Gyms don't pay out to people who lose to them. At least most don't."

"It's a beautiful place, but hard to navigate at night because of the fog. Lucky for me, Hiro uses his rings and eyes to light the way for me." She patted her Umbreon on the head, and it nudged her in return. She withdrew all of her Pokemon but Ruka. "I've only been to Unova once, and it was such a lovely place. That's where I got my Snivy. My sister is watching her right now, though." Ruka's gray and blue tails swayed back and forth. An odd, shiny Ninetales was a rare sight here apparently. Samyra continuously had to move her long hair behind her shoulders since it was usually always in her face.

As Chris went to help the Squirtle out the Squirtle grabbed the person bullying it and put him on the ground. As Chris was going back to the conversation with the other trainers a big explosion went off. "What in the wor-", Chris was cut off by screaming and smoke coming from the pokePok center. Chris looked back to find the Squirtle and it was gone.

Diana and her psychic type happily finished their food before throwing away the trash before leaving the cafe to go to the contest hall to get ready for their contest, once in the changing room Diana suddenly felt a bit nervous but to make the Lolita feel better her Gardevior hugged the young girl

"Never been outside o' Sinnoh," Tsubaki added, "Maybe one day, when I can actually keep the money I make, but not now..."

She glanced down at Euro. Miss Fumiko liked to provide for the orphans in her care in every way, and this included getting them their own pokemon. Even though she couldn't afford fancy lab starters, she still wanted to help her orphans start their journies, and so, for her tenth birthday, Tsubaki had received Euro, her meowth. She and her pokemon had never left home for a journey, however, until now.

"So," the trainer began, "What say we head on out? Y'know, go to the gym, catch some pokemon, and stuff."

Chris decided to let the professionals deal with the problem. "Ok cause I do need pokPoke besides bug types. No offense", Chris said to the other trainers and his partners," I thought about getting a starly since staraptors are great flyers". Chris could still hear the screaming and see the smoke coming from the Pokemon center.

"Oh, you were in Unova?" Chet asked Samyra, "Where at?"

Chet turned to the new kid. "Well, against Rock-Types, Flying-Types aren't exactly effective," he said, before letting out a hearty laugh. "So a Starraptor might be a bit ineffective against Roark. Also, the chances of finding a wild Starraptor are slim to none around here."

Chet ran his hands through his hair before continuing. "There are wild Starly around here, though, but you're gonna have to train them."

Chet sat back in his seat and crossed his arms. "I'm ready to head out to the next town whenever y'all are," he said, "I just need to stop by the Mart before we head out."

"I hung around in Lentimas Town for a while, then I stayed in Driftveil. That Snivy kept me company for the longest time, but ever since I've come to Sinnoh she's been with my sister." Samyra smiled, her red hair swaying in the wind and her white dress too. "I uhh... haven't met your friends yet." She looked over at Tsubaki. Ruka, Samyra's shiny Ninetales looked a little concerned.

Tsubaki eyed Samyra with her normal cold, disinterested gaze. "Tsubaki Serizawa," she answered, "Your friendly neighbourhood shady money-grabber slash orphan, doing whatever the fuck I have to, to make sure my orphanange don't get closed down. A pleasure."

The girl's pokemon stood either side of her. "These two are Euro and Dollar. As you can probably tell, I got a habit for naming my Pokemon after different kinds o'money."

"It's a nice place, I've been there a couple times. I've had battles with people from the inner city, but I've never gone in there myself. I'm from Lavender Town, it's pretty scary but also peaceful and captivating. I met Ruka there, she was kicked out of her family because she's a different colour. I took her in and I've been her partner ever since." Samyra smirked. "We're more alike than she might think." Ruka looked up and her and smiled in agreement.

Please follow all the rules and have fun

Name: Pez Conner
Appearance: She has short orange hair she usually has tied back. Pez also has green eyes and tan skin. She mainly wears brown cargo pants and a military style green top and books. Last but not least she has a pokèball holder slung over her shoulder at all times.
Personality: Pez is always hyped up and bouncy despite her looks making her look tough. She loves to make friends in her own weird way. Just as loose as she can be she also takes being a trainer very seriously. She's been with her pokèmon for a long time so she'd do anything for them.
Pokemon: Asher- Arcanine
Leap, Neap, and Dreap- Dodrio
Tefu- Donphan
Roo- Kangaskhan
Badges/Ribbons: She has all the badges from Kanto with the exception of the rainbow and earth badge.
Backstory: Pez was born to her mother and father in the Kanto region. She was born in Celadon City. She got her first pokèmon when she was six on her birthday. Her parents where both police officers and their Arcanines had pups. Pez got to keep one of them which she called Asher. One year later she saved her father went on a long trip. When he got back he brought an egg with him that he'd won at a game corner. When the egg hatched it was a little doduo. Pez named it Leap and Neap. Her parents didn't need another pokèmon so she was allowed to keep it. At age twelve her Pez prepared to take her own pokèmon journey. Her parents couldn't bare her leaving with out some sort of watch (Unlike most parents in the pokemon universe) so they each gave her one of their pokèmon. Her father gave Pez his Donphan and her mother gave Pez her Kangaskhan. With the new pokémon in tow Pez set off to get her gym badges. She did pretty well in most battles she was traveling so fast she missed the rainbow badge. Unfortunately she was creamed in the Viridian gym battle. She decided it didn't matter and she left the region to see other regions.

---------------------------

Pez tied her hair back and thanked the officer who had just given her directions. She was new to the region and still very shaky on where everything was. She paused for a short break and to eat a snack she'd packed for the trip. Asher was sitting next to her licking up the crumbs she dropped. Pez laughed and scratched her companion's head softly. "Asher, I feed you already. Do you have to eat everything?" She talked to the pokèmon. Asher just gave her puppy eyes and went back to licking up crumbs. Pez took a breath in. "New region, I can't wait to see everything this place can offer."

"You don't mind if I come along, do you?" Samyra asked, and looked over at Chet again. Samyra's tails waved around, and she felt her itching for company other than Samyra. She sent out Wren, her Absol. Ruka rubbed up against him, and he smiled.

Pez tied her hair back and thanked the officer who had just given her directions. She was new to the region and still very shaky on where everything was. She paused for a short break and to eat a snack she'd packed for the trip. Asher was sitting next to her licking up the crumbs she dropped. Pez laughed and scratched her companion's head softly. "Asher, I feed you already. Do you have to eat everything?" She talked to the pokèmon. Asher just gave her puppy eyes and went back to licking up crumbs. Pez took a breath in. "New region, I can't wait to see everything this place can offer."

"I've been needing more hyper potions anyways, sounds good." Samyra smiled, and finished braiding her very long hair. Wren and Ruka followed directly behind her, Wren keeping a close eye on her. She got ready to head out.

Last edited:
Diana thanked her Gardevior for giving comfort, the Lolita then returned her Pokemon back to its pokeballs before taking out her Absols and Jellicants pokeballs and placing Seals on them so the entrance of her Pokemon would become more attractive.
The girl then changed out of her pink dress into a Constellation Dream Jumped Lolita Dress with bowknot platform strappy leather high block heels she then placed a silver tiara on her head before placing her hair in a princess bun.
Diana sat on the chair nervously holding the two pokeballs in her hand as she tried to calm her nerves

(AGH, so far >_< )

Stror just sat there, enjoying his meal and listening into the conversations going on around him. His energy levels have dropped significantly, as he didn't want to talk now like before. He didn't even have enough energy to see if the boy was okay after the Squirtle hurt the boy and left, since he would have probably dropped and fell asleep from exhaustion. All that changed after the meal though, as his energy levels rose to alarming levels- Well... For anyone else. Stror instantly sat up, Inferno and Ray done playing around and returning to Stror's side. Stror gave the waiter enough money to pay for anything the group had gotten, and did a dramatic pose that looked like he was lunging and pointing towards the door.

"Adventure awaits!" he yelled as he then dashed out of the door, Inferno and Ray following behind him. While he was waiting outside, he was jogging in place, obviously ready to get the show on the road.

Last edited:
"Oh no I forgot to give Tsubaki her money" Diana quietly whispered "I'll just give her the money when I see her again" the blond thought as she watched the screen as the other coordinators preformed.
"All these people have had experience with contests there's a low chance I will win" Diana was about to leave when a woman walked into the dressing room stating for Diana to follow her sense she was the next contestant